Forum Settings
Forums

New Higurashi no Naku Koro ni OVA Announced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 10, 2011 7:04 AM

Nov 2010
woa, new OVA!!!?? greaaaat!!!! My favourite anime!!! XD
Apr 10, 2011 2:04 PM

Jun 2010
MOAR HIGURASHI! 8DDDDD

Why do people trust each other?
In the end, you're on your own.
Apr 11, 2011 2:57 AM

Apr 2008
Sweet! I need me some moar Higurashi! :D

Apr 15, 2011 8:08 AM

Sep 2008
I'm sure this wont be any good. Like that OTHER 4 episode OVA.
Apr 17, 2011 9:22 PM

Jun 2010
junmisugi84 said:
Agreed. But;

Higurashi is not a manga adaptation. Also, there is not any filler episode in the anime first season. Higurashi Kai's (anime) first episode (SaiKai) is filler. The arc (Yakusamashi-hen) after that episode is kind of filler. But not exactly. It is the compilation of some parts of some arcs in the vn. Kai (anime) ending (Bernkastel & Miyoko scene) is filler, too. And, Rei is not filler.

Actually, I don't think that scene with Bernkastel and Miyoko is a filler. Until about 5 minutes ago I thought it was. I just found this when I went back to Matsuribayashi. In the Matsuribayashi arc of the Visual novel, After you play through it once (And have a saved game file at the point where "all" of the pieces are unlocked (Without continuing yet)) there is a 52nd piece (AFTER the Akasaka one) where it shows the scene with Bernkastel asking Miyoko if she wants to live or to die.

So, believe it or not, but the scene with Bernkastel and Miyoko is canon.
Apr 18, 2011 1:35 AM

Jun 2010
Goodie~ more Higurashi!
Apr 18, 2011 5:04 AM
Dec 2009
Sounds worth watching!
Shuck Face / Slinthead!
Apr 18, 2011 9:04 AM

Apr 2010
The last OVA was terrible so i hope this one is better.
Apr 18, 2011 3:35 PM

Jun 2010
No problem! I found it by accident, so I didn't know it was cannon until I decided to re-read the 51st piece, and lo and behold, there was an extra one.
Zfish9Apr 18, 2011 9:30 PM
Apr 19, 2011 2:00 AM

Jul 2009
more Higurashi FTW :)
Apr 19, 2011 3:20 AM

Jul 2010
Higurashi.... One of the two series (The other being Death Note) that brought me back into the Anime Scene after and long Hiatus from the days I used to watch Naruto. Hope it turns out great!
Will you be able to do.... what must be done?

Apr 20, 2011 11:44 AM

Jul 2009
Oh sweet hell thank you. new Ova ^3^. Can't wait for it (hopes for insanity and more Rika)
Apr 23, 2011 3:09 AM

Jun 2010
omg...can't say i'm too excited, after seeing Rei...though there were funny parts, it was a waste of time really. if anything they should animate Kokoroiyashi-hen or Umineko Episode X. (Don't think it's finished, though :/)
I would prefer it if they would animate Chiru. I guess I'll just have to buy the Vns. I have the first four arcs to Higurashi...I need to ge the answer arcs and the Umineko Vns...I'm not really looking forward to the animation itself, either. as well as it improved, it still sucked in Rei. They should've animated it with the care they used in Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal. That was brilliant animation, there. 'Frickin bones should've animated Higurashi and Umineko. Think of the improvements.
Oh well. Guess I'll have to look forward to this.
"If you can't Inspire the World with Intellengence,
Baffle them with your Bullshit."
Apr 27, 2011 6:25 AM

Nov 2010
scabab said:
The last OVA was terrible so i hope this one is better.

terrible, really?
it helped alot towards the plot bye answering some quetions but also making others, just what higurashi is good for.
sure it lacked gore but it was still a good OVA
Apr 29, 2011 9:20 AM

Oct 2009
Apr 30, 2011 10:49 AM
Jul 2018
RedKey said:
New PV for Kira! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pd3bkYbZ-8

That's not Higurashi, that's a abomination. . . .
Apr 30, 2011 2:28 PM

Nov 2008
KillerYandere said:
RedKey said:

That's not Higurashi, that's a abomination. . . .

Well its the 10th year anniversary of Higurashi... So i was guessing it will be like that.. I dont mind some Moe and Comedy on Higurashi..
Apr 30, 2011 4:12 PM

Jun 2010
RedKey said:

...I'm hoping that was just the production crew trolling us in that preview, and not the actual anime...

or they deliberately only shown the worst scenes...
Zfish9Apr 30, 2011 4:36 PM
Apr 30, 2011 8:11 PM
Jul 2018
bloodyangelv2 said:
Well its the 10th year anniversary of Higurashi... So i was guessing it will be like that.. I dont mind some Moe and Comedy on Higurashi..

Moe?!?

Look this is the 10th anniversary of Higurashi, a series that is known for anime girls killing people. For it's complicated plot. NOT FOR MOE AND COMEDY.

That trailer is a flat out abomination, and will be a huge slap in the face for fans of the series. THIS IS HIGURASHI, NOT K-ON, NOT LUCKY STAR, NOT SOME MOEBLOB SHIT.

And that vomit-inducing song in the video is the OP, where are the atmospheric, haunting OPs of the previous seasons?

Hell, I disliked Rei, but at least it felt like Higurashi. This thing, when it comes out will not be Higurashi in my opinion and while I may watch it, I'll deny it's existence.

They could have done better for a fucking 10th year anniversary.
Apr 30, 2011 8:45 PM

Feb 2010
Everyone here should know by now that this new OVA thing should be considered filler because Higurashi ended at Kai. Rei helped tie in some slightly loose ends and (kinda) introduce a character for that upcoming Umineko anime. This new one Kira, is pretty much just for fun, they already finished the main plot.
Apr 30, 2011 9:09 PM

Jun 2010
good god people. i know at first i wasn't excited about it..but now i am. because it's the 10th anniversary! come on! be happy there's more! at least they keep the character's personalities in rei, and i hope they will in kira. you guys on my anime list and other forums are being too picky. look, i want some umineko chiru myself but the animation itself is exciting me! besides, the series lacks satoshi and i have a feeling they'll touch into his relationship with shion, and i'm excited to see something like that. think of it like this: higurashi wasn't just blood and gore. it was a struggle through an endless labrynth. and learning to trust your friends. as cliche as it sounds, higurashi touched that in the right way. and ya know what else? i think rika, satoko, keiichi, shion, hanyuu, mion, and satoshi deserve the happy world. i want to see more of that in kira. the fans deserve to see the characters of what they are besides the insane gore and paranoid accusations. the characters were more than that. you people that are tuning in just because of the gore, your not enjoying higurashi to it's fullest, and you're not enjoying the characters-which i think were put into deep thought. Ryukishi did well with this. let's just hope the ova shows some more of those characteristics the anime left out to make time for the main plot. 'cause i sure as hell think they have way more personality in the vns. you guys get the point, right? diss it, critisize it, whatever...after it's been released and you've honestly watched it. you can't judge because of previews. and besides, it's just for flippin fun. it's not going to ruin higurashi. because what makes higurashi is not the gore, no, but the characters. you guys should be vomiting happy tears (satoshi fangirls especially!)
we're lucky we're getting anything. they could just abandon chiru, and leave higurashi as it is. at least like this if they don't animate chiru, we'll have more higurashi to enjoy. if your gonna be picky, go to another fanbase or anime or whatever. especially if you think higurashi's gonna be ruined.
May 1, 2011 4:36 PM

Oct 2010
Im still super excited for Kira, even though the PV wasn't so great. But im happy Satochi is returning! XDDDDDDd
Also, i heard that the scenes they showed are only from the 1st episode so let's rejoice as we hope to expect more from the other 3.
It would be nice if Rika metioned Bern-chan again, so we could maybe see a little more of how the 2 stories are connected. :3
May 1, 2011 5:52 PM
Oct 2008
RedKey said:

... seriously? ...
May 1, 2011 6:47 PM

Oct 2010
RedKey said:

WTF happened to the art?
May 2, 2011 1:48 AM

Jul 2010
Even if I'm a big fan of Higurashi I really don't want to watch it! Looks horrible.
May 2, 2011 1:57 AM

Jan 2008
Lefake said:
RedKey said:

WTF happened to the art?

THIS
May 2, 2011 1:53 PM

Jun 2010
You guys that are dissing this series aren't really fans-true fans would wait patiently, watch, enjoy the time and effort spent into the series, enjoy the bgm, ENJOY THE CHARACTERS, and THEN JUDGE THE SERIES.
It hasn't come out yet. Those who are judging the series now-you're fucktards. Get out of the fanbase. As for the true fans that are excited, REJOICE! Satoshi's back...and Keiichi get's to meet the nigga. Be frickin' shitting happiness, assholes.
May 2, 2011 5:39 PM

Oct 2007
RedKey said:

Is that Satoshi in the end? WTF?!
May 3, 2011 7:43 PM
Sep 2010
cant...wait. must...see. MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. please?
my favorite.
May 4, 2011 12:09 PM

Jun 2010
SurfaceoftheMoon said:
You guys that are dissing this series aren't really fans-true fans would wait patiently, watch, enjoy the time and effort spent into the series, enjoy the bgm, ENJOY THE CHARACTERS, and THEN JUDGE THE SERIES.
It hasn't come out yet. Those who are judging the series now-you're fucktards. Get out of the fanbase. As for the true fans that are excited, REJOICE! Satoshi's back...and Keiichi get's to meet the nigga. Be frickin' shitting happiness, assholes.

We're just venting on how it isn't what we expected. We were hoping for something closer to Kai (I am well aware that (almost) all the mysteries are solved, so not much can be done to make it feel more like Kai.) rather than something on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Once it comes out, many of us will stop ranting about it (although it might take until the second episode if the clips in the Pv were only from the first episode).
May 4, 2011 2:02 PM
Jul 2018
Looks terrible but I'll still watch it and probably enjoy it :P
May 4, 2011 8:25 PM
Jul 2018
TheMetalOverlord said:
Everyone here should know by now that this new OVA thing should be considered filler because Higurashi ended at Kai. Rei helped tie in some slightly loose ends and (kinda) introduce a character for that upcoming Umineko anime. This new one Kira, is pretty much just for fun, they already finished the main plot.

Well yeah, but some of the extra "filler arcs" from the manga (Yoigioshi-hen, etc.) are pretty cool too and haven't been animated yet.

And some of the art looks... odd (Rika, Takano, Satoshi). I guess they were trying to make it match what it looks like in most of the scans and went wrong somewhere. Oh well, it's not like Higurashi ever looked that great to begin with (look at season 1 for a minute after watching an episode of Kai, and you'll notice the same kind of art shift).

The OVA looks kind of bad, but so did Rei, and the comedy parts of that were pretty alright. I'll watch it even if it's just for more of the "soul brothers" or Takano being a fangirl.
May 5, 2011 8:23 PM

Jun 2010
junmisugi84 said:
@Zfish9

All the 'visual novels' are released years ago. You know that, right? :P "We were hoping for something closer to Kai" Really? :D From 4 episodes of OVA? Hmmm. :)

Great expectations. :)

I am well aware the visual novels have been out for years, I'm just overly optimistic to a fault when it comes to Anime.

I was thinking along the lines of the remaining episodes in Kira could do what a few manga chapters did, create their own story with another mystery, like yoigoshi-hen did.

As for hoping for something closer to Kai, the Saikoroshi arc in Rei was closer to Kai than the first or last episode in Rei (And I know that was from a visual novel too, and no more visual novels for Higurashi have been released outside of remakes). If the preview only took scenes from the first episode of Kira like I've heard, and Saikoroshi was only three episodes long, a small plot-based arc could be fit in the remaining three episodes of the OVA. Unlikely, but possible.

Anyway, I can't help but want a plot in an ova about an anime focused on the plot, rather than just a moe and fanservice-filled ova about the same anime.
May 13, 2011 10:08 PM

Feb 2008
RedKey said:

omg wtf ... pls no
May 14, 2011 10:36 AM
Dec 2010
i hope they are trolling us...
May 15, 2011 2:01 PM

Nov 2007
I had a feeling it'd be filler comedy, but this is just absolutely ridiculous -______-

I'm probably still going to watch it anyway orz.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
May 16, 2011 7:44 PM

Oct 2010
OH HECK YEAH! More Higurashi? Bring it on! I want to see my Rika aka Bernkastel!

Oh shit watched the preview and WTF @ ecchi? Well I guess the series failed in that sense so now they are making it as ecchi a little but where is the good stuff from season 1/2?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 18, 2011 3:51 PM

Aug 2010
Looking forward...
May 18, 2011 4:18 PM

Jan 2011
Meh.

Oh well. I'll watch it anyways, because it's shiny. I don't really mind a fanservice OVA. Frankly, it doesn't really matter to me.

Appealing to the scary/complicated-plot fans of Higurashi may be difficult, but hey. Maybe they'll add something nice. You don't know until you see it~
May 20, 2011 7:24 PM

Oct 2008
Being a huge fan of Ryukishi's work, I'll watch it... but I was hoping for something darker. We already got Rei, why do we need this? ._.;
Jun 22, 2011 12:07 PM

Apr 2008
I don't care what the OVA has in it... it's still Higurashi. :D
If I want something like all the other novels, manga, anime series, etc.. then I'll just go watch or read those.
If the series is nothing but ecchi fanservice, then meh whatever, I'll still watch it and enjoy the hell out of it! <3 I'm looking forward to Kira no matter what~

And the theme song? Its awesome and I love it~ <3 =u=

GreyOtakuGirl said:
Satoshi and Keiichii in the PV... O.O
Isn't that a time paradox or are we going to finally get a resolution to Satoshi's condition??

I doubt we'll get something as serious as a resolution... Satoshi being there is just a bit of fun. xD

I suggest to anyone watching Kira... Just forget everything from the previous seasons. :| Lumping in the seriousness and drama of Higu and Kai, and Saikoroshi-hen with this OVA is just... no. Leave it be. :D Kira is Kira, Kai is Kai, the first season is the first season, etc etc...
HAPPY MARIA!
Jul 12, 2011 1:20 AM

Nov 2010
RedKey said:

Before watching:
"Psh, no way could it be that bad. I mean, I endured Rei for the sake of the first two seasons, but there's no way it could be worse!"

After watching:
"Please excuse me while I go find myself some mind bleach. Or find a way to insert myself into the series so that I can introduce that obviously lacking murder element. Either or."
Jul 12, 2011 7:40 AM

Dec 2010
Just a few more days.

Jul 15, 2011 1:17 PM

Mar 2011
One more week. One more week. One more week. ONE MORE WEEK UNTIL IT COMES OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 16, 2011 9:29 PM
Jun 2009
It'd better not be some lame filler or fanservice ep. Me wants moar blood and madness!
Jul 17, 2011 10:29 AM

Oct 2009
Looking forward to this~
Jul 26, 2011 5:41 PM

Jun 2010
Mystere said:
It'd better not be some lame filler or fanservice ep. Me wants moar blood and madness!

My advice: Save yourself, Don't watch it.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» 'Naze Boku no Sekai wo Daremo Oboeteinai no ka?' Reveals Additional Cast, Character Promo

Nioxys - 2 hours ago

2 by notPara »»
34 minutes ago

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

13 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» 'Kusuriya no Hitorigoto' Second Season Announced

Nioxys - Mar 23

22 by arnicahealth »»
8 hours ago

» Manga 'Tougen Anki' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by thebrentinator24 »»
Yesterday, 7:33 PM

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Reveals Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 6

2 by ST63LTH »»
Yesterday, 7:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.