Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 20, 2015 12:14 AM

May 2014
Mashiro should just ditch takagi. I'm just hoping he does.
Feb 28, 2015 7:45 AM

Feb 2015
Gotta say I'm with Takagi in this one. There is no reason to Mashiro being so mad at him just because Takagi hangs with his girlfriend. It's true that Miho and Mashiro are here the weird ones. I still can't understand why they can't even talk to each others or anything. They don't even know each others! It's just stupid.

And Takagi was still doing the name so it's not like he wasn't doing any work. It's pretty dick move from Mashiro if he starts doing his own manga. What the heck happened to the team work?

I hope they can figure things out but I still think Takagi has the all right to see Miyoshi and Mashiro shouldn't get angry about that. Normally people in relationships do see each others.
Homeless_SwallowMay 13, 2015 3:01 PM
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

Mar 26, 2015 5:55 PM

Jun 2009
Shujin is the one who needs to get his priorities straight, not Saiko.

This guy: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=283962&show=0#msg10295312 - Is completely correct. Shujin is dragging Saiko down, not the other way around. Miyoshi is dragging them both down, she's a hopeless fuck.
loghneckbeardMar 26, 2015 6:00 PM
Mar 3, 2016 7:13 AM

Oct 2012
Lol that discussion about To Love-Ru, I'm pretty happy with that xD

Tbh Saikou and Miho are better couple for me, even if they aren't one yet
IRL maybe people like them won't last long
But it's really nice to see their relationship
Saikou!! I'm rooting for you 101%! xD

Double Hattori! xD
They're not brothers right?
"Signature removed"
Mar 24, 2016 8:56 AM
May 2014
No matter how many times I've seen this show I always geek when Fukuda says his favorite manga is to Love RU, what a harem plan and thousands of panty shots (an episode) is e closest thing to a universal male fantasy anyway so what's the problem.
How fitting (or depressing I haven't decided) for my 100th post to be about me complaining about dicks who review shows without finishing them.
Jul 9, 2016 10:14 AM
Dec 2014
Romance in this anime is dead, don't like how they are rushing to create manga. Their editor says this will be a good manga in 3 years serialised and they're like nah scrap it we need an anime by age 18 its just stupid go see each other you goons
Nov 22, 2016 4:43 PM

Oct 2016
Meh, I don't know what happens from here but I think Mashiro and Takagi both have legitimate complaints about each other's behavior at this point. But most of all they should be communicating with one another! That's their biggest problem.
theshinsengumiNov 22, 2016 4:46 PM
Nov 27, 2016 7:56 PM

Sep 2013
I had a feeling that Kaya would be a Yoko Ono type character who would eventually split the boys apart.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 29, 2016 6:28 AM
Nov 2014
I Laughed so hard when takagi said to mashiro you two aren't normal. He's just jealous because takagi has an actual girlfriend while can't even talk with his so called girlfriend.
May 24, 2017 7:06 AM

May 2016
Those HAJIME NO IPPO references damn I laughed so hard.
Aug 11, 2017 9:24 PM

Dec 2015
No! Shujin and Saiko HAVE to work together! :(
Dec 13, 2017 6:09 AM

Apr 2015
They aren't seriously going to give Eiji the power to end a manga that he hates, right? Crazy bastard's going to try to end One Piece or something.

"You should be focusing on your own work." Is it not hard to focus on your own work when you're aware of this trash popularity system that determines if your work lives or dies?

That scene where they were all talking about how manly To Love-Ru is and why it doesn't do well in the questionnaires...guess this was back when Shonen Jump was still running the original series. I wonder how Darkness' seinen run did by comparison...do seinen magazines have questionnaires? How do they determine popularity?

Chou Hero Densetsu Hero Legend continues to appear to be the savior that anime needs.

"Anyway, enjoy your show?" "Eh? Wait...I'm not moe trash I swear my friend is in this"

"Since Azuki appeared, she's been a big subject on the Internet." Gee, I bet there are some lewd comments on message boards about her.

Mashiro...you were supposed to call about the detective idea, not be a little bitch because Takagi's naturally spending some time during summer break with his girlfriend.

"Azuki...are we slowly drifting apart?" I'm not sure if you can get any further apart than not speaking to each other verbally or seeing each other in person.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Nov 19, 2019 2:43 PM
Jul 2016
This is alright for an anime story, but in real life, this kind of text response from a girl never ends well.
Nov 19, 2019 2:53 PM
Jul 2016
Gdesu said:
ARGHH this shit is SO stupid, "think that our love will be greater when our dreams came true"

such utter bullshit by a 14 year old kid.

i like the concept of bakuman but the STUPIDITY AND ANNYOMENT of the romance between saikou and azuki is trough the roof.

so annoying, takagi and miyoshi are normal and realistic.

I KNOW RIGHT??? People who believe this crap in real life will be rightfully dissapointed in the end.

Love cannot exist without human interaction, and any promises sent throught TEXT do not carry any weight.
Nov 19, 2019 2:59 PM
Jul 2016
MoeXtreme said:
"love will be much greater by not seeing each other until dreams come true."
This is a stupid argument from Azuki. What if Mashiro finds another girl or Azuki herself finds another guy on the way to the dream?
and Mashiro actually got all worked up by that line, what an idiot.

Trust me, just one romantic dissapointment will end this naive belief real quick. The world isn't all sunshine and rainbows.
Nov 19, 2019 3:05 PM
Jul 2016
Bio said:
Anyone else wish Takagi was the main main character instead of Mashiro? The way Mashiro got motivated by Azuki's terrible answer just hurt to watch. I still like the manga development part, but getting to know the characters has not made the central romance any less dumb. Doesn't help that Mashiro only seems to have two modes, motivated and bad attitude.

That's the kind of text you get when the girl you like is secretly with another guy, but still wants to keep you at the side as a backup.
Nov 28, 2019 4:09 PM
Apr 2016
B-but To Love-ru is...pretty bad when it comes to story, etc, and it's all about fanservice, that's like, the purpose of it. Well, I guess that's how it is for Mashiro, he just feels like Takagi is betraying him by keeping his lover so close to himself whilst on the otherhand, Mashiro keeps his lover away in order to work on the manga.
Dec 7, 2019 12:12 AM

Mar 2015
Oof a potential rift between the two of them!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 19, 2020 7:35 PM

Jul 2013
"Yeah Takagi, how DARE you spend time with your girlfriend. You are SUPPOSED to work on manga 24/7 so that I can end this silly promise that is completely irrelevant to you."
Sep 29, 2020 12:09 PM

May 2018
To-Love-Ru is truly for real men! I totally know what you mean Fukuda :3
Oct 18, 2020 10:37 PM

Jan 2019
Seriously everytime I just hate Mashiro more and more. Although Miyoshi is also annoying af, Mashiro doesn't have any right to get mad because Takagi is with her. She's his girlfriend ffs!

I'm really glad Takagi talked back to Mashiro, since Takagi's work is the hardest one from the pair and yet Mashiro treats him as if Takagi should just shit good names.

Finally, yes. Mashiro and Azuki's relationship is stupid af and ruins the anime imo.
Dec 4, 2020 3:55 AM

May 2015
that girl that is Takagi girlfriend is so annoying omg. she wants to be a 'writer' but asks Takagi to write for her wtf??? ai não anguento nossa
No matter who much you regret or wish,
if you couldn't do something in life,
you can't do it after death, either.
- Hanako
Jan 9, 2021 5:01 PM

Jul 2017
Fukuda is the truth. Loved his little rants on the direction that the Shounen Jump magazine has been going, especially since a lot of them are relevant to even nowadays when it comes to the quality of manga that they release for me. Chainsaw Man was an exception but the rest of their stuff feels so similar with each other, even with some genres being different like one being more ecchi and the other one being more action-oriented. The lack of slow-building manga is pretty evident and the way Jump orders their manga chapter releases in the magazine from the most popular at the front to the least without giving each a real chance at the spotlight equally is pretty rough too. Plus his favorite Jump manga is To Love-Ru, so this guy has to be the anime version of one of my best friends in real life.

Tensions also brewing further and further with Ashirogi Muto. Mashiro's figured himself out a bit in regards to the direction of manga he wants to go with after being inspired by hearing Niizuma's stories about how he used to draw a ton when he was younger and really honed his skills from such a young age with all his heart, but Takagi's still at a standstill and it doesn't help that he's been more distracted with helping Miyoshi out a lot more rather than actually focusing on the name and getting good ideas. He's stuck on the mainstream writer's block currently. It is weird how Mashiro and Azuki's relationship is with the unconventional promise but Mashiro's determined to not waste his chance by waiting forever for Takagi if he doesn't come together himself. He wants to draw manga with Takagi's stories but if he loses inspiration, Mashiro has his own reason as to why he will continue being a mangaka no matter what so interesting developments are brewing up for sure.
Jul 7, 2021 11:29 PM

Jan 2020
If they split, it will make this show more interesting....
Oct 14, 2021 4:44 AM

Dec 2007
so this mini-arc has ended, too bad, though there's no really much to drag it on.
fukuda's ideas are great, too bad it does sound like he wants his new manga to get favoured...

mashiro sure feels lonely, but takagi isn't in fault of this, it's kinda what you made him feel by wants making him do mainstream.
maybe because i hate it in real life, but i don't like mashiro and takagi to be in fight, they are good friends.
and mashiro shouldn't got offended by takagi, first thing he said he's working on the name, and after that he said he's with myoshi and mashiro and miho are the strange ones, which he should know himself. the way i see it he just feels lonely and not offended takagi isn't working on the manga, but seems that loneliness by takagi makes him to do things himself to "rush" his dreams, which is wrong because the important thing for mangaka is the way and not only the result, being lonely in the way is worth being together at the end? dunno about that.
and just when they were about to think the same idea for story...
Oct 19, 2021 6:37 PM
Oct 2019
Finally someone in the show said it. Mashiro and Azuki are the weird ones. Like wtf they barely talk to each other. Even texting was so hard for them. And I’m supposed to believe they are madly in love with each other. They barely know each other. And when their “dreams come true” they’re just gonna get married. I mean I get they just finished middle school but that’s so naive. Honestly, this relationship could be a lot more believable if they actually tried to be together (and have an actual conversation) and realized that it affected their dreams before deciding on focusing it and getting married after. Like at least there’s a foundation to that relationship. Instead, now we have Mashiro liking Azuki just cos she’s pretty and nice, which seems very shallow. I really hope this Mashiro x Azuki develops more. Right now their attraction is only skin deep.
Sep 16, 2022 3:38 AM

Oct 2021
The main character romance in this anime is soooooo bad, takagi x miyoshi is far better
Oct 16, 2022 3:07 PM

Jan 2020
Here come the cracks in Takagi and Moritaka's professional relationship. That kind of sucks, since they are a pretty good team. They even seem to be thinking of the same new genre.

With that in mind; it's kind of a shame Moritaka's time as an assistant was so short. I feel like there's still a lot more he could've learned, even if he had just been there through the Summer as originally planned. Plus, the dynamic with the four manga artists also had some of the more interesting dialogue of the series.

Other than that, I really feel like MoritakaxMiho is keeping me from liking this even more. Since we keep circling back around to that, it's hard to really enjoy the series as a whole.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jun 7, 2023 5:05 PM

Dec 2022
Great episodeeee
Sep 3, 2023 11:21 AM
Jul 2017
the 2 protags are having friction
Mar 26, 2:20 PM

May 2021
Mashiro is willing to take up the writing position by himself
Though hes right them not meeting not talking to each other until they get their dreams is weird and odd
Inhales oxygen
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kuro4735 - Oct 9, 2010

220 by AhmedJafar1 »»
Apr 30, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 22, 2011

140 by M1kasaYu1 »»
Apr 14, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 26, 2011

93 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kanade-chan - Dec 25, 2010

105 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 8:01 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

M0ni - Dec 4, 2010

139 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.