Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 7, 2011 6:05 PM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lots of fighting, a few broken bones, slashed throats, sliced off legs, and a ton of pantyshots. Definitely didn't see that coming :P

Seriously speaking, though, the episode wasn't too bad (aside from the fanservice all over). At least the creators didn't make the fanservice as blatent sometimes.

We actually don't learn much about the main characters at all, and instead we got an in depth look at the actual world (the pandoras, the freezing ability, limiters, etc).

Hard to say what I think of this series, only because I barely know the characters. The setting and stuff seemed interesting enough though.

Jan 7, 2011 7:20 PM

Oct 2010
Kuro4735 said:
Lots of fighting, a few broken bones, slashed throats, sliced off legs, and a ton of pantyshots. Definitely didn't see that coming :P

Sounds like Elfen Lied mixed with HOTD
Kuro4735 said:
Seriously speaking, though, the episode wasn't too bad (aside from the fanservice all over). At least the creators didn't make the fanservice as blatent sometimes.
I hope they won't like in HOTD.
Kuro4735 said:
Hard to say what I think of this series, only because I barely know the characters. The setting and stuff seemed interesting enough though.
That's why I think I will read the manga before saying what I hope most for and most likely it will be best after seeing this since I can compare it to the beginning of the manga itself. You all better like the gore and fights more than the fan service because that ruined partially the serious shit in HOTD IMO.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 7, 2011 8:00 PM
Jul 2018
This is exactly how the Freezing anime should have been made. The korean manga it was based upon was full of gore, violence and fanservice and the anime didn't disappoint.

I was wowed.
removed-userJan 8, 2011 6:10 AM
Jan 7, 2011 8:49 PM

Jan 2009
Kuro4735 said:

Seriously speaking, though, the episode wasn't too bad (aside from the fanservice all over).

Oh yes. Couldn't agree more.
Fanservice is an eyesore. I really don't mind lots of naked tits onthe screen, but God! All those pantyshots are just annoying.
And yesss, violence! More violence! Blood for the blood god! I just hope there will be more gore and less fanservice in the next episodes.
Sorry for grammar mistakes(if any), english is not my native language. Feel free to correct me if you see some.
Jan 7, 2011 10:04 PM

Apr 2010
Somehow I feel like this is going to be the Samurai Girls of this season. Kicks off with a not too bad start and then gets disappointing at the end. I haven't read the manga and I don't plan to. So I'm going to go into this with no high expectations... right as soon as it's subbed.

Jan 8, 2011 2:45 AM

Dec 2007
eww. She slashes lots of throats x_x eek
Jan 8, 2011 4:38 AM

Oct 2010
My final take on this is that 8th Nova made me think of Evangelion's 2nd Impact. Officially the gore in the spoiler
is on par with Elfen Lied and perhaps Mnemosyne of what I can clearly remember in gore intensity. Blood wise (especially the blood pissing) and bone crushing is greatly shown. Fan service wise in regards to the nipples and breasts in the spoilerall link back to Seikirei's second season and Queen's blade designs. All in all a nice choice for fan service display and that's apart the white/red pantie shots, although most of the girls wear white ones, I could see details of the crack of their crotch.

Now in regards to characters, Kazuha was damn nice to see her risk her life to kill that shit ass Nova alien. Her brother is kind of the cry baby/shy guy but I hope to see his serious side. At least he only blushes and does not go to extremes with ecchi like nose bleeds. Bridget El Satellizer reminds me of Tsukiumi from Sekirei. Clearly the body composition and hair color is a dead give away. Information wise in the spoiler
is great! Told me all I need to know in regards to stigmata and Pandoras. Furthermore human brain 101 and Bridget's measurements of which a 90 bust is nice :P What I really want to know is where the Novas came from and Limiters roles since Pandoras are quite clear to me. Have a bad feeling for Bridget next episode with some girls being jealous of her powers and getting her into a drop. This episode's art
and best scene. Blood Nova is cool for a weapon's name.
Yumekichi11Jan 8, 2011 5:01 AM

Jan 8, 2011 5:08 AM

Aug 2008
Surprisingly it was a really good start... Hopefully it keeps it up, but I doubt it.
Jan 8, 2011 5:41 AM

Mar 2010
Just the fact that Noto Mamiko playing the main character reminds me of Rin from Mnemosyne.

Jan 8, 2011 6:08 AM

Dec 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
and best scene..

Basically this is the start of the story from manga (the fight of Bridget and Roland + Kazuya "intervention"), the rest was an itroduction made probably to explain how this world works to those too impatient to be fed those informations bit by bit (originaly everything before the arrival of Kazuya was on a single page).
Well anyway, the blood will flow and clothes will be torn (often along with whatever is inside of them) so anyone who liked first episode will most likely love the rest too :)
KarharotJan 8, 2011 9:13 AM
New profile design sucks.
Jan 8, 2011 6:15 AM

Jan 2008
Felt like crap to me, getting a Queens Blade / Ikkitousen vibe from this. Couldn't stand it for some reason I started skimming it.

Gonna watch a few more episodes but I'm not expecting anything.
Jan 8, 2011 7:11 AM
Dec 2009
Finally some new anime with some blood >_<
Looking good too! :)
Jan 8, 2011 7:19 AM

Sep 2007
Huh, started out differently than the manwha but I guess they rather elaborate on Kazuha Aoi, Pandoras, and show some of Bridgette's skills beforehand. Didn't expect them to stick in that much gore either. Hopefully it doesn't turn into another Seikon no Qwaser with excessive fanservice overwhelming the story.
Jan 8, 2011 7:36 AM

Jul 2009
Well if it follows the manga, then it'll have a decent story. But when do shows ever do.. bleh.
Jan 8, 2011 7:38 AM

Dec 2007
The male lead is fucking annoying already. Other than that it wasn't bad at all.
yakisobapanJan 8, 2011 7:44 AM
Jan 8, 2011 7:53 AM
Jul 2018
Wasabi said:
Huh, started out differently than the manwha but I guess they rather elaborate on Kazuha Aoi, Pandoras, and show some of Bridgette's skills beforehand. Didn't expect them to stick in that much gore either. Hopefully it doesn't turn into another Seikon no Qwaser with excessive fanservice overwhelming the story.

Oh they'll probably have gore throughout. Haven't you read the manwha. There's a lot of it.
Jan 8, 2011 8:00 AM
Oct 2008
imnotamused said:
It's like people complaining about Aika having fan service when one of it's main purposes is fan service.

People are complaining because the series would be better if they didn't have a panty shot every two seconds.
Jan 8, 2011 8:06 AM

Jan 2010
Need a RAW atleast !
Jan 8, 2011 8:20 AM

Jun 2010
Oh god. They totally changed the beginning, compared to the manga. The manga beginning is very different - The only right manga adaption was, when Kazuya hugged Satellizer and she lost to Genessa.

Judging from that kind of content, I expect to be very different compared to the manga.

Otherwise, nice OST and not unnecessary fanservice.
Jan 8, 2011 8:22 AM

Nov 2009
Some parts of the episode seemed a bit weird to me, but the rest of the episode was good.

I think this show will turn out all-right. I like the manga (what I've read of it) and the author is great. I hope the show will follow the manga instead having a bunch of original content. The fighting is good, and I think the fan service will be pretty decent in this series. I look forward to the next episode.
Jan 8, 2011 8:36 AM

Dec 2007
Well, until the annoying boy dived into Satellizer's breasts I was thinking about continuing this, but if she yells out "I won't let anybody touch me" and then a frickin freshman with no training whatsoever goes and touches her.... yeah. This is shit. If she would have sliced the boy in half and averted the genre trope, it would have been awesome. Dropped.
MeddigoJan 8, 2011 9:19 AM
Jan 8, 2011 9:02 AM

Jul 2008
Meddigo said:
Well, until the annoying boy dived into Satellizer's breasts I was thinking about continuing this, but if she yells out "I won't let anybody touch me" and then a frickin freshman with no training whatsoever goes and touches her.... yeah. This is shit. If she would have sliced the boy in half and averted the genre trope, it would have been awesome. Dropped.

You want her to slice someone OUTSIDE of the training area? So you want her to kill without thought then rather than being prudent? Fail...lol.
Jan 8, 2011 9:14 AM

Aug 2010
Haha...quite troubling with so much ecchi here and there. The first episode was really ok. The manga riled me up some time ago and now I keep reading it so the anime is a nice addition. The OST is very good from what it seems. I don't know however, how much plot-line will they be able to mass through 12 episodes. Oh well...a generic 8/10 for now :D
Jan 8, 2011 9:15 AM

Nov 2009
Charliehsv said:
The male lead is fucking annoying already. Other than that it wasn't bad at all.

Yeah. That ending scene ruined the hard work of getting a positive impression. I forgot what the summary was so starting with the fanservice before the OP, i went from oh god this might suck, to oh wow, to okay.

I never watched Queens Blade / Ikkitousen so i have nothing wrong with the premise yet. Thankfully the male lead has not talked at all; expecting him to ruin future episodes.
Jan 8, 2011 9:18 AM
Aug 2010
i was expecting a 2-3 min fight then lots of comedy/ecchi but boy was i wrong. i was wonderfully surprised when the fights and gore actually didn't suck or look like an after thought. I thought it was a great start and can't wait for the episode!!!
Jan 8, 2011 9:19 AM

Jan 2010
4:3

I threw up in my mouth a little.
Ok™
Jan 8, 2011 9:34 AM

Dec 2007
if she's outside the training area then why is annoying "Desu wa" character still trying to kill her? Obviously it seems to still be okay to fight.

I want her to live up to her words. "I won't let anybody touch me". That's what she said. And yet she did. A fuckin' failure of a character.
Jan 8, 2011 9:34 AM

Jan 2010
Fanservice didn't bother me. I was actually expecting it to be a lot more. Pretty good episode, I'll give this an episode or two.
Jan 8, 2011 9:48 AM
Jan 2010
Rana Linchen was in the ending video. So at least the anime will get reasonably far into the manga. Then again, I don't remember much of the manga.
Jan 8, 2011 9:53 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
o.o Mix of Elfen lied(gore) , Sekirei(partners) , Sekion No Qwaser(boobs) -.- qwaser part ruins it.. never finished qwaser.. pissed me so off.. well this anime is quite interesting and cool..
Jan 8, 2011 10:01 AM

Oct 2009
Paul said:
Felt like crap to me, getting a Queens Blade / Ikkitousen vibe from this. Couldn't stand it for some reason I started skimming it..

I totally agree! after reading the other comments here I began to wonder if I was the only one that thought that this was shit -.-

Just hope that it gets better xP
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
Jan 8, 2011 10:08 AM
Oct 2008
ok anime but not my cup of tea.
and i really don't like that have fan service and gore together.
Jan 8, 2011 10:10 AM

Jun 2010
All I have to say is....they better NOT fuck this up or it will end up looking like Queen's Blade or Ikki Tousen. >=|
Jan 8, 2011 10:29 AM

Jul 2008
Meddigo said:
if she's outside the training area then why is annoying "Desu wa" character still trying to kill her? Obviously it seems to still be okay to fight.

I want her to live up to her words. "I won't let anybody touch me". That's what she said. And yet she did. A fuckin' failure of a character.

"Kill her"? No, she just wants to beat her so she can claim rank #1.

Did you even check the preview? Bridgette's all "chained up" and that counted as a "loss", stripping her of the #1 ranking but there were no attempts of killing her.

And you don't have to kill actually (no one really "died" in this ep, there's the issue of missing limbs however lol).
Jan 8, 2011 10:33 AM

Sep 2009
holy shit, this is awesome....and the ed theme is pretty kickass as well

blood and gore...bring it, my body is ready....just the kind of series I was looking for....and it airs on AT-X....win

I didn't read the manga, but I guess it's time I did

Jan 8, 2011 10:41 AM

Jul 2010
Meddigo said:

This.

Seriously, she could have at least avoided him or just pushed down? What the hell was that build-up of a cold and tough image for, if u are going to shatter it the next moment? Stupid.
I knew there will be some fan service, but that moaning when girls are drawing their weapons is just ridiculous..
I wonder if I can force myself to watch where this show goes after such an introduction..

Jun 2009
Learn to enjoy fanservice..

thats what they are made for...well of course they are annoyign if they are put in inappropriate places...

Sep 2010
Not to shabby. I suppose I'll continue to watch this series.
Jan 8, 2011 10:42 AM

Jun 2009
Learn to enjoy fanservice..

thats what they are made for...well of course they are annoyign if they are put in inappropriate places...
Jan 8, 2011 10:44 AM

Nov 2008
Well, I'm certainly underwhelmed.
Jan 8, 2011 10:55 AM

Apr 2010
Raises a good question for me: why the fuck aren't they wearing any armor? I just saw someone get their leg sliced off. Also I hate to bitch but it seems counter-productive to use young girls as fighting units in Japan and they're dying all the time. Also the way they train them seems a little risky and unorthodox. With all their technology they can't come up with virtual simulation training?

I hope I don't regret following this.

Jan 8, 2011 10:59 AM

Feb 2009
Holy crap...

tits, blood, ripped limbs, more tits, lotsa more blood and slashed throats. And all of this before the op.

Me like :P

now if they keep this up and add an even remotely interesting plot to the field then this just might be a nice way to kill 20~ minutes every week.
Pantyshots are a different matter entirely

Jan 8, 2011 11:09 AM

Jul 2009
Actually if I remember correctly, the reason why she didn't lash out on him is cause well.. no one usually jumps at her like that (a boy) at least and like mentioned in the end, the guy set up a freezing area, meaning she couldn't move even if she wanted to...

Heh, Bridgette is a lot more attractive in the manga, I guess colour+animation works magic.
Jan 8, 2011 11:14 AM

Feb 2009
Lots of fanservice, fights and blood. Strong female lead on the outside, dere on the inside. Wimpy male lead with a lame impression, the character design and the lolplot.
Yup, this is Freezing alright.
What I didn't expect was a lot of explaining and flashback on the start and a transformation sequence from Satellizer.
Not a bad start but wtf, only 12 episodes. I have a pretty good guess on where this will end, having read the manhwa, and I won't really expect this to be that awesome. Still I'll watch this for the fights, the fanservice and the blood. Lolplot is lolplot really.
Jan 8, 2011 11:26 AM

Sep 2009
1st episode was mostly not based on manga. But it was needed cause in manga there was no proper "introductory chapter". The only thing bothering me - Kazuya. In manga he was a bit pacifistic but entertaining guy without typical minuses of "harem protagonist" but in anime he could easily get them. His reactions in episode - bad sign.
Jan 8, 2011 11:43 AM

Jan 2010
Kanade-chan said:
eww. She slashes lots of throats x_x eek

i think she likes to cut throats
Kinda like a Hobby of her .

----------------------------------------------------------------

Okay nice , one of my favorite Manga got animated =D
Jan 8, 2011 12:07 PM

Sep 2008
KillerYandere said:
This is exactly how the Freezing anime should have been made. The korean manga it was based upon was full of gore, violence and fanservice and the anime didn't disappoint.

I was wowed.

QFT

everything I was expecting from the manhwa plus more was in this anime. I'm glad the anticipation was worth the wait and kind of disappointed that there's only 12 episodes. I didn't actually mind some of the changes either. Looks like a great start for 2011 anime
Jan 8, 2011 12:13 PM

Jan 2010
I found a reason to keep watching this.

Ok™
Jan 8, 2011 12:14 PM

Mar 2009
Pretty B/A first episode!

Bridgette is HAWT!!!!

The fanservice is a little much.

The bone-crunching, fights are win!!!
Though, I wish they would show everything, I hate when the go from face shot to weapon swipe to impact w/o actually showing it. Only showing the weapon and reactions.

Cheap!

Kind of reminds me of Claymore, b/c of the ranking and such.

I think I'll definitely watch this one, unless it start to fail ofc :/

Urahara Out!!
Jan 8, 2011 12:35 PM

Oct 2010
Karharot said:
Yumekichi11 said:
and best scene..

Basically this is the star of the story from manga (the fight of Bridget and Roland + Kazuya "intervention"), the rest was an introduction made probably to explain how this world works to those to impatient to be fed those informations bit by bit (originaly everything before the arrival of Kazuya was on a single page).
I see well that's great because now. no one will bitch about not knowing fuck all cause we all know.
Karharot said:
Well anyway, the blood will flow and clothes will be torn (often along with whatever is inside of them) so anyone who liked first episode will most likely love next too :)
Wonder if it includes organs? Intestines? Breasts being ripped off? Yeah I have seen too much hardcore Japanese movie such as Red Kill.

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Freezing Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kiba1996 - Feb 25, 2011

96 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 18, 2011

94 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanade-chan - Feb 12, 2011

78 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 4, 2011

99 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 21, 2011

127 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 9:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.