Forum Settings
Forums

Anime Movie of Hayate no Gotoku! Announced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 5, 2010 2:39 PM

Mar 2009
I've been waiting for a long time regarding a continuation of the Hayate anime, so these news are very good. However the idea of a full lenght movie worries me.

At first I was sure there would be a season 3. What worried me back then was what chapters of the source material would be animated: A 13 episode long season using the chapters inbeween season 2 and The End of the Word arc would be fitting, but it wouldn't accomplish much besides being an awesome love comedy (duh!), and probably not sell very well and get bashed by anime elitist for not really "leading a story".

A 26 episode long season would either have to skip those chapters (atleast some of them) and focus on the Greece arc, do both halfheartedly or end the arc unfinished.

A movie would probably hit the same problem as the 26 episode season would: Not being able to fit both parts. My guess is that it will include The End of the World arc only as it's content seem very fitting for a movie (with an interesting and progressing plot and a great climax towards the end). What worries me though is what they're gonna do with the "pre movie chapters". Throw them in a short season/OVA? I wish! I really hope they just don't become forgotten (some of my favourite chapters are among these).

As long as these questions stay unanswered I will have mixed feelings towards this movie. But other than that I'm happy to see some more Hayate!
Feb 16, 2011 7:37 PM
Feb 2011
i have four contenders for the movie:

1. THE END OF THE WORLD ARC:-

Pros-(i) Is good movie material and isn't too long
(ii) Is an important part of plot without which the athena arc cannot be introduced
(iii) Wouldn't interfere with the current proceedings (won't mess up the storyline)

Cons-(i) Has a somewhat abrupt end
(ii) I would personally enjoy it as a series
(iii) The suspense created by this arc would kill everyone who hasn't read the manga

2. THE ATHENA ARC:-

Pros-(i) Is awesome movie material
(ii) Is the best arc in hayate no gotoku and has a very good development
(iii) Personally i would really like to see this arc get animated

Cons-(i) Is tooooooooooooooooooooooo long
(ii) Would be better if it was converted into a complete season
(iii) It is very dependent on the end of the world arc
(iv) Stores would get mobbed by HnG fans wanting to purchase the movie

3. THE NEW CLASS ARC:-

A surprising contender. But i believe that the adventures of hayate and his friends in their new class year and (sorry for this!!!!) their trek up the hill with the bear attacking and all would make great film material

Pros-(i) Has some movie material
(ii) Will help the story to continue (it starts from where season 2 finished)
(ii) Is a funny arc
(iv) helps with the plot

Cons-(i) Not a very special arc
(ii) may not be long enough
(iii) Not many would enjoy this arc

4. AN ANIME ONLY ARC:-

some anime only arc

Pros-(i) they can do whatever they want

Cons-(i) We would be veeeeeeeery angry >:(

RESULT:- I believe that 3 and 4 are good options (that's me)
Mar 2, 2011 8:34 AM

Jan 2010
Good to hear :D

Now i really wanna watch 2nd season too, though I was already gonna watch it :D

I wonder when this will be aired.... :)
Mar 2, 2011 5:20 PM

Mar 2009
According to Hayate no Gotoku! chapter 310, the movie will have its (theatrical) release this summer.

Source scanlation:
Mar 25, 2011 2:46 PM

Aug 2009
One word:

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.
Mar 26, 2011 7:52 AM

Nov 2009
Well the contents and the plot about the movie is very suspensing... Although the contents of the movie will be the most important factor in terms of dertmining furhter sequels of the Hayate No Gotoku Project.

According to Animenewsnetwork: The next step after the Hayate Film is already being planned......

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2011-01-03/editor/next-step-after-hayate-film-being-planned

As for those who are confused about the season 3 (Main Topic of this forum): The information is false so don't believe anything unless you have offical information (Use sources)

However Season 3 may come out offically after the film is released well presuming that the 'next step' has something to do with a sequel....

Lets hope for the best!!! :D

Mar 26, 2011 7:52 AM

Nov 2009
Does anyone know where I can read hayate no gotoku witht he latest releases?

Apr 5, 2011 10:47 PM

Dec 2010
jenchiuk said:
Well the contents and the plot about the movie is very suspensing... Although the contents of the movie will be the most important factor in terms of dertmining furhter sequels of the Hayate No Gotoku Project.

According to Animenewsnetwork: The next step after the Hayate Film is already being planned......

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2011-01-03/editor/next-step-after-hayate-film-being-planned

As for those who are confused about the season 3 (Main Topic of this forum): The information is false so don't believe anything unless you have offical information (Use sources)

However Season 3 may come out offically after the film is released well presuming that the 'next step' has something to do with a sequel....

Lets hope for the best!!! :D

Ahh... So there will be an Anime Movie and a Live Action Movie. Sounds good to me! MORE HAYATE THE COMBAT BUTLER!!! MORE HINAGIKU!!!!!!
I read Manga in both English and Chinese.
Apr 9, 2011 1:27 AM

Mar 2009
woahhh~ this is getting interesting~
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - 10 hours ago

8 by ZXEAN »»
1 hour ago

» 'Kusuriya no Hitorigoto' Second Season Announced

Nioxys - Mar 23

22 by arnicahealth »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Tougen Anki' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by thebrentinator24 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Reveals Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 6

2 by ST63LTH »»
Yesterday, 7:09 AM

» Undead Unluck Unveiled: Let's Talk Muscles with Yoshifumi Tozuka

Kineta - Mar 19

4 by Anime_Luv »»
Yesterday, 6:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.