Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jun 3, 2016 7:04 AM

Jun 2015
Finally; an awesome anime as most people claim, this anime is gold! 10/10 for now, and I hope that quality keeps up :D

Jun 8, 2016 4:11 PM

Aug 2014
R.I.P Siegfried.
I knew he would eventually kick the bucket at some point but I wasn't expecting it to be so early.

I always figured Siegfried had a thing for Annerose, rather than the other way around.

Hopefully Reinhard doesn't become Space Hitler because of all of this.
KashKetchumJun 8, 2016 4:14 PM
Oct 21, 2016 2:05 PM

Aug 2014
Powerful episode, the early death of Kircheis got me, i really like this character.
It is at the same time an awesome plot twist, because everything can happen and there isn't deus ex machina to save the day.

Excellent!
Nov 9, 2016 12:38 PM

Oct 2010
D: did not see that coming with kircheis, thought the story was going to build a lot more then this
Jan 5, 2017 8:06 PM

Oct 2013
Eh..... that death had a anti climatic feel to it, I don't think the directing was that good in that scene. Nonetheless I did not expect Kircheis to die so early, I was thinking maybe these two best friends may become bitter enemies in the future, because of their different views, I guess it would lead to that if he hadn't died, this may have been for the best.

Overall a solid episode, and this series pacing is starting to speed up as well. 4/5. End of season 1.
keragammingJan 5, 2017 8:42 PM
Jan 6, 2017 2:57 AM

Apr 2016
Well Kircheis is gone, he's like a bro to Reinhard, Reinhard's sister did tell Kircheis to bring Reinhard back to his true path when he's on the verge of straying off, and so he did. But now who's gona take Kircheis's place? Also i find this a bit ironic, it was due to Oberstein's pursuading Reinhard about being fair to the subordinate that Siegefried was not able to carry weapon to the conference, hence he couldn't neutralize the threat properly and the you know the rest.

Despite the gloomy and strange apperance, i'm more interested in Oberstein as i keep watching. He's very flexible under any circumstances, leading the team to solve things up while his boss is down on trauma, very nice of him. And what he said when visiting Siegefried's coffin was worth to think about. This man is just as ambitous as other men are, looking for something worth risking their life for, hence the anime's tittle.

Reinhard is gradually changing as well, it seems he's taking the path of a dictator, who will oppress to prevail and strive for what he thirst the most (a hem, a worthy opponent? or frienship lol). I really like his speech with his superior about big fish eat smaller fish, showing that he's in his serious mode now and things will get nastier in later episode.
Jan 7, 2017 1:32 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
amaizing!!! Kircheis death!!!!
Poor Reinhart, now the dark invades him!!! He loses his light!!!! ; _ ;
May 8, 2017 8:42 PM
Jul 2018
Am the one who cried a lot on this episode? Well this season 1 was overall fantastic and I was lucky to like this show from the very first episode!

Season 1 : 9.25/10

Well... will give a two week break and catch up with Season 2! I cannot foresee how this will go as lots of things happened in season 1.... interesting piece of anime!!
Jun 14, 2017 12:53 PM
Jun 2015
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:'((((((((((
Aug 25, 2017 9:10 AM

Sep 2014
Wow I was not expecting his death that soon. His relation with Reinhard grew a bit odd, but for him to leave the playing field that early is quite a shame. Especially since he appeared to be equally talented as Reinhard.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 22, 2017 8:19 AM
May 2017
"There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends." John 15:13

This anime depicted a friendship that was more compelling than most romances in anime, and now it is over.
Sep 26, 2017 10:27 AM

Sep 2010
After watching the recent trailer for new series I planned to rematch the first few episodes for nostalgia effect but before I knew it the date has changed and I finished 26th episode.

Oh well... I will leave "IF ONLY KIRCHEIS WAS ALIVE SAGA" that comes after this for some other time.
Sep 26, 2017 2:08 PM

Nov 2009
...when your fave character dies not even halfway into the series XDDD
I will forever remain bitter about it in the most biased way possible because I can. lol
Dec 16, 2017 6:50 AM

Jan 2010
Holy crap these episodes just go by. One after another, there's always a new development, some new relationship is made, another is ended, a new character enters the fray, another takes a leave of retirement or death, and as the story jumps between Reinhart and Yang, the anime constantly keeps viewers on their toes along the way. After some point, there was no chance to breathe, and as time went on, every character was challenged to some respect, forcing them to make decisions on their allegiances and futures.

The battles themselves are interesting to watch, as there's levels of strategy to nearly every move, though this primarily applies to the protagonists. The enemies they face seem to exist to get thrashed one after another, making the fights really one-sided. Though, I will say that the animation bump in the past few episodes were quite noticeable, as were the upgrades in art and character design. Seems like the budget was really utilized here.

It's also interesting to see Reinhart and Yang really confront the issues surrounding all the political warfare going on. They're questioning a lot of the issues I originally had at the beginning, with the best moment being Reinhart exclaiming that he didn't want to view the 2 million lives of Westerland as neither political sacrifices nor simple numbers.

With the characters themselves, admittedly, it's somewhat difficult to keep track of every single character, where I'm relying a lot on their character design to try and differentiate them. There's a constant influx of name character arriving and being killed, and with such a large turnover rate, it becomes a real question as to who will survive to the very end. This has been a real treat thus far.
Jan 17, 2018 10:35 AM

May 2016
KIRCHEIS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I'm clenching my teeth out of anger I can't believe it happened why wasn't that Oberstein why, why must an angel like him die Anbach I will curse you forever you bastard your stupid prince brought that appon himself why you must kill my favorite character this stupid war took so many precious lives.
Mar 28, 2018 3:26 PM

Jul 2012
no no no no no no noooo noooooooooo =((
R.I.P. Sieg
Why, you say... Don't you get it?

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
Apr 21, 2018 1:36 PM
Sep 2016
Well, I did not see that coming. Son of a bitch.
Sep 19, 2018 4:45 PM

Feb 2017
Nice guys finish last
Nov 29, 2018 5:09 PM

Jan 2013
I haven't been this much surprised by an anime in a looooooong time.

RIP Siegfried :(
Mar 1, 2019 4:16 AM

Aug 2017
Man, that was cruel. Kircheis's death stroke me right into the feels. Notice how the episode constantly features red color, it's kinda symbolic, I guess (just look at Reinhard's hands when he is drinking wine - the red color is mirrored on them, symbolising blood).

Although this episode was very sad, it was still excellent. Perhaps the early death of an important character like Kircheis shows how much scope this series has, and how much potential (we have a lot more episodes to go!).

It's interesting whether Lichtenlade really asked Ansbach to kill Reinhard, as Oberstein said. There is of course a reason for him to do so as he was plotting against Reinhard anyways... but the thing is, Ansbach didn't need neither Lichtenlade nor anyone else to attempt the murder of Reinhard. He had an intention on his own. I guess Oberstein just used the situation to get rid of Reinhard's opponents, lol. Probably the most utilitarian character so far.

Also, it's impossible to oversee just how complex the intercharacter relationships and their internal struggles become. I found myself pausing several times and thinking of character's motivations and feelings. I guess I still can't get what Annerose feels. Is she angry at Reinhard that he didn't tell her about Kircheis himself? Why did she leave his mansion? Is the reason just not to make Reinhard remember his past and concentrate on the future? Oh man, analysing humans is really a hard task... Anyway, I'm looking forward to next seasons, absolutely loving this series so far.
St0rmbladeMar 1, 2019 4:20 AM
May 30, 2019 4:57 AM
Jul 2018
After finishing one season I feel like I wanna ask one thing

Oct 29, 2019 7:12 AM

Oct 2012
Not one of them actually helping after Sieg fend off the rocket shot

That's sad, I didn't expect Sieg gone so soon
He would have more important roles in the future
I guess from now on it'll go downhill for Reinhard

I remember someone said "the one that lost everything is someone you should watch out for"
Something like that, we'll see what horrible things Reinhard will do in the near future
Kinda looking forward for it xD
"Signature removed"
Dec 26, 2019 8:26 AM

Nov 2016
I liked some details that weren't inplemented in the new version, but the directing for Kircheis's death and Reinhard's reaction were certainly not quite as impactful.

But overall I have to say that both adaptations don't take much from each other, each one is fantastic in it's own right.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 13, 2020 6:21 PM
Feb 2018
It's going to be very interesting to see what Oberstein does from now on. I guess Reuental and Mittermeyer are going to play a huge role in the future sessions. Rip Kircheis. Let's see how Reinhard holds up without Kircheis at his side anymore.
Jan 22, 2020 1:28 PM

Sep 2015
zzzmohamed said:
It's going to be very interesting to see what Oberstein does from now on. I guess Reuental and Mittermeyer are going to play a huge role in the future sessions. Rip Kircheis. Let's see how Reinhard holds up without Kircheis at his side anymore.

This episode reminded me "oh yeah, he's a fascist" so Reinhard's probably going to end up becoming exactly the type of corrupt Crimson dictator that he hates
Jan 31, 2020 12:45 AM

Jan 2016
Holy shit I cant believe I teared up multiple times, that is so exceedingly rare for an anime to upset me like that. Probably because this is one of the few animes where I can sympathize with Reinhard and his search for meaning and wanting to overhaul society completely. Not to mention I have experience with a lot of close relationship deaths like that.

It is so hard to sympathize with most anime MCs because they act and think like cucks like Shinji for example. That is pathetic and not relatable at all unless you are like that yourself.

Well done writers of LOTGH.
Mar 21, 2020 12:30 AM

Apr 2012
I had expected that Kircheis may not live to the end of this anime, but I didn't think that he would be dead so quickly. Even after he was shot, I kept on thinking that maybe he would be saved by the doctor then be absent for a while due to his injury.
Affinity to MAL
Anime: 47.35%
Manga: 46.36%
Apr 18, 2020 3:53 PM

Jul 2019
"Shadows must accompany their light. But if the light dims... Don't the shadows, too?"

That's a great line from Oberstein, and I don't think he's just trying to justify himself (he's above this sort of things). He's not trying to take Kircheis's place, he wants the light to be as bright as possible, and even claims it would benefit its shadow (which is a weird way to show respect for Kircheis). Oberstein seems pretty... selfless.

edelgord said:
After finishing one season I feel like I wanna ask one thing

What are you talking about? He's the most Chinese looking anime character I have ever seen.
Apr 24, 2020 2:38 PM

Dec 2019
Brooo... my boy Kircheis :( i thought he was going to survive longer than 25 episodes... damn rip you shall be missed!
                                                         🖤   

May 31, 2020 4:50 AM

Jun 2008
I feel like Oberstein was the one who orchestrated all of this
Jun 19, 2020 6:15 PM
Dec 2015
I’m so viscerally upset about Kircheis’s death. Like I actually cried. He didn’t deserve to go so soon.

Sep 9, 2020 9:36 AM
May 2016
What was Kircheis's promise to Annerose?
Sep 14, 2020 3:57 PM

Mar 2012
Kircheis didn't deserve to go this soon, I thought there was more to this character...but I guess this is how it all starts. Since Reinhard lost everything there's nothing that'll hold him back now, means he can go all out in full power. In other words: sh*t will be going down in the universe...it can also mean his demise though (which was also implied by the narrator).

123fendas said:

I think we saw the conversation back then in the childhood story, it was that he was going to guide/take care of Reinhard or something along the lines. Although they may be more to it than what we saw in the childhood flashback since they muted it this time but I don't think so.
Oct 11, 2020 10:58 PM
Jun 2017
To be honest, I knew Kircheis would have to go at some point of the story. In universes a cruel as this', as was foreshadowed earlier, nice guys don't tend to live long. Nevertheless it hurt that he had to go so quickly, just at the end of the first season. And mein Gott, what a good season this was. We got plenty of action, world building, politics and intrigue, and I'm very satisfied with it.

I have to say I love grey eminences, and I thought Kircheis would fit the post of a kind one, but alas, as I said, that figure wasn't him. It's obvious that Oberstein is the true grey eminence in this story. Again, poor Kircheis. It was kind of implicitly stated that he had a crush on Reinhard's sister, but I didn't expect it to be a two-ways crush.

I was almost brought to tears with the final scene of Kircheis' red hair on Reinhard's locket. I'm afraid he won't have any restraint from now on, potentially becoming another Rudolf. It's likely he'll be at Oberstein's mercy in the foreseeable future.

There are 84 episodes left, and I'm very curious on what will they bring to us. What will happen now that Reinhard has absolute power? What will his relationship with Julian be, based on the ending animation? In the end, what will fill that void that Kircheis' sudden departure has left on Reinhard's soul?

I'm afraid it is a void that can only be filled with power and blood as red as the hair of the man that was once his dearest friend.
PaulotronatorOct 11, 2020 11:08 PM
Oct 13, 2020 8:14 AM

Jan 2020
123fendas said:

弟と仲良くしてやってね?
Be good friends with my little brother, won't you?

You can find the scene in its entirety during episode 4.
Jan 16, 2021 7:29 PM

Jul 2012
Oh come on!! Really?? Kircheis why?? :'( I loved him! His death made me tear up actually. I wasn't expecting that at all, to be honest.

Ok, first season is over and I'm really liking this anime so far.
Feb 1, 2021 2:23 AM

Oct 2016
Despite having some cheesy moments and a recap in them, episodes 24 to this one are the peak of the first season. I also remember how this one brought some manly tears to my eyes the first time I watched it.
Feb 16, 2021 1:49 AM

Jul 2016
Klad said:
I haven't been this much surprised by an anime in a looooooong time.

RIP Siegfried :(

Like Kamina in Toppen Tengen...

Taken too early.
Mar 8, 2021 1:35 AM

Jul 2020
Yup I knew it! Poor Kircheis I liked him more than I thought I would. But damn I feel like Oberstein is gonna have a lot of great moments now that he’s probably one of the strongest individual next to Reinhard.

Part 1: 8/10, Can’t wait to see more from Yang and Reinhard! I’m team Yang for now.
Mar 19, 2021 2:46 AM

Mar 2021
Not a huge fan of Siegfried but that was kinda sad . It had a few flaws but the highs make me overlook them . 9.5/10 for Part 1 , lets see if the quality remains consistent .
Apr 5, 2021 8:11 AM
May 2020
absolute shock with the death of Siegfried. now Reinhard has nothing to lose and only time will tell with hi new founded passion for universal domination
Apr 8, 2021 5:24 AM
Jan 2015
Annerose loves seig .. damn ..

this was one crazy episode
Apr 27, 2021 4:20 AM
Jun 2020
This was a Rich Man's version of Code Geass's Euphemia death episode.Ofc CG came after and I think Hideki Tanuichi took inspiration from Reinhard and Sieg or Yang for Lelouch and Suzaku.It feels like LoGH is cosmic CG with 20x better writting.I'm really liking this show.Most fans say that you have to give at least 20 eps to get into this.But I was digging it way earlier.This show feels perfect just bring back symphony no.9 in E minor for the battles again.
May 1, 2021 5:10 PM
Feb 2016
Wow, this was pretty unbelievable if i'm being honest.. The best are always taken away too early. RIP
May 5, 2021 11:22 PM
Feb 2019
I wasn't a big fan of Kircheis but I feel unbelievably bad for Reinhard and Annerose. It will be interesting to see how Kircheis' death and Annerose's separation impacts future seasons.
May 12, 2021 4:48 PM

Feb 2012
2021 Rewatch

This episode hits hard. The version I'm watching second time round has the blood graphically spewing out of Kircheis's neck. It's incredibly tragic that in the last interaction Kircheis had with Reinhard before Ansbach's assassination attempt, he left with the impression that the Reinhard he once knew would willingly nuke civilians as part of his plans. But in the end Kircheis protected his friend and wished for that friend to conquer the universe.

Man...with the injury and shock, all Kircheis could do was look up, searching for Reinhard's hand...

One detail I did find interesting is that Oberstein jumps in front of Reinhard; so he would have shielded Reinhard had Ansbach's shot not been deflected by Kircheis.

Lichtenlade's own policies became his undoing...

Reinhard's stance on what to do with Lichtenlade's relatives, however....I wonder what Kircheis would have thought?

What good is a democracy if it gives power to people like Rudolf, Trunicht , the NSMC? Good question Yang...

Mein Freund...

The strands of red hair...
Fortress_MaximusMay 12, 2021 5:00 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jun 6, 2021 7:18 PM

Nov 2018
It's a sad night today. I hadn't put much thought into main characters deaths just at this point. Didn't expect this one. Really sad stuff going on.
Jun 27, 2021 8:25 PM

Nov 2017
I legit teared up. What a great show and I heard it's supposed to get even better from this point onward.
Jul 16, 2021 4:27 PM

Jun 2020
rip kircheis

sieg heil
Sep 6, 2021 1:25 PM
Mar 2020
Sexism and ageism again. Another show that tells us that lives of women and children are more important than men lives (I'm talking about Reinhard's decision about Littenheim's family). I really hope that our future will not be like that or dont be surprised that more and more men will change their sex, seeing that, as being men, you could die at any moment because of sexism like that.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 89 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tainteddonut - Jun 4, 2008

160 by Unkrowned »»
Yesterday, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 82 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 2, 2008

431 by Unkrowned »»
Yesterday, 10:46 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 54 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 30, 2008

140 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 28, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 30, 2008

134 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 28, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 29, 2008

58 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 25, 11:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.