Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 16, 2011 12:40 AM

Jul 2007
lucjan said:
Ugh, such a blatant rip-off of Arthur Clarke's The Songs of Distant Earth and the movie Artificial Intelligence. Haha, but it was still good. Wish there was at least some originality in the story, because every idea I saw implemented was stolen.

Edit: Sucks how ignorant everyone here is about this. The guy blatantly stole other peoples' work. Says a lot about his character...

Well I have read all ac clarke novels and seen that movie.

So, apart form robot sentiency and human extinction plot elements usage, what exactly was "omg stolen"?

You can't steal ideas or you would blame 99% of scifi genre for using I.Asimov's Laws of Robotics and so on.

The idea of humanity's end, its survival, what happens after that, its a common theme in science fiction. As is sentient robotics(should we go rage on Urasawa' Naoki's Pluto, just because it draws heavily upon Isaac Asimov's works? no)
Feb 16, 2011 7:32 PM

Oct 2009
Fai said:
lucjan said:
Ugh, such a blatant rip-off of Arthur Clarke's The Songs of Distant Earth and the movie Artificial Intelligence. Haha, but it was still good. Wish there was at least some originality in the story, because every idea I saw implemented was stolen.

Edit: Sucks how ignorant everyone here is about this. The guy blatantly stole other peoples' work. Says a lot about his character...

Well I have read all ac clarke novels and seen that movie.

So, apart form robot sentiency and human extinction plot elements usage, what exactly was "omg stolen"?

You can't steal ideas or you would blame 99% of scifi genre for using I.Asimov's Laws of Robotics and so on.

The idea of humanity's end, its survival, what happens after that, its a common theme in science fiction. As is sentient robotics(should we go rage on Urasawa' Naoki's Pluto, just because it draws heavily upon Isaac Asimov's works? no)

It wasn't necessarily the idea of humanity's end, but how similarly detailed the two stories were about specific events. For example, the space craft that was leaving Earth and was heading for another solar system was carrying human DNA. Now, the idea of the tower carrying DNA (albeit not human), could be perceived as mixing traditional science fiction ideas with others, while the space craft, along with the actual story carrying a similarity to the book, was just a plain rip-off (not to mention the two crafts being called "ark"). If we also examine the two space crafts, their capacity of human DNA is as well similar - just saying. As for the ending, I suppose I saw it more as being taken from A.I since the beginning of the story led me to believe the author was a shady guy. The ending, with the Aliens coming to Earth, had them lead the tower peacefully to sleep - same thing happened in the movie.

Apr 13, 2011 1:56 PM

Aug 2010
One robots determination to save humankind evolves with age to the stage where it goes beyond human knowledge to preserve DNA for 27 million years.

10/10 from me. Too bad only one human being is left and the rest are animals...
May 8, 2011 6:39 AM

Oct 2010
Awesome one shot <3..

Totally had me in awe the whole time o__0..

May 16, 2011 11:41 PM

Nov 2009
This manga made me feel enormously insignificant. \m/
Jun 16, 2011 8:32 AM
Jun 2011
Hey,

Just noticed Hotel on the top of the manga list and became curious. Would love to read it but appears to be impossible to find, at least in the UK. Anyone have any leads on where to find it?

Thanks folks!
Jul 22, 2011 3:16 AM

Dec 2009
Fantastic read. If only this made into a movie or something.
Aug 7, 2011 9:37 PM
Aug 2011
We would concentrate with 4got2book.com spot search on the internet . That is most certainly best fitting turning up find along with significant holiday resort data standard recurrent lender. They might include things like fantastic special deals to help help make your pursuits all the more suitable.

Thanks,

Ireland hotel booking
Dullamite13Aug 8, 2011 6:06 PM
Aug 24, 2011 9:55 AM

Aug 2011
this deserves the no.1 spot in one shots, even though i have read a small amount of one shots, this is REALLY impressive, i mean, i never knew when the manga made me attached, but at the end, i knew i got PRETTY emotional...
I think its becuase how realistic it is (i'm no scientist, but i knwo the facts are wrong.... hopefully...)
Sep 5, 2012 3:01 PM

Jan 2012
Best one-shot I've read, this is amazing
Aug 2, 2013 2:30 AM

Apr 2012
Masterpiece Chapter :D

almost 11 month After Last Comment lol

Aug 19, 2013 6:55 PM
Jul 2013
Forsaking LOGIC for the sake of morals is not acceptable. How am I supposed to feel guilty of participating in environmental destruction when the "environmental destruction" depicted here obviously cannot happen?

The story makes no sense and that's all that counts. I pretty much agree with all YoungVagabond said in page 2.

Reading this I'm starting to believe there really are people out there who are fanatic for an apocalypse for it's own sake, regardless of whether it solves any problems like overpopulation or existence of certain religions. Like war-monglers who want wars for the sake of it, only more extreme, thirsting for supervolcanoes and comets to kill billions.
Dec 24, 2014 2:09 PM

Jun 2012
One of the best one shot I have read in a long time.
What is the most cowardly and shameful thing in human conduct? It's when people with power and people who flatter them hide in safe places and extol war, force patriotism and self-sacrifice on others, then send them to the battlefield to die. For the sake of peace in the universe, before we continue this fruitless war with the Empire, mustn't we first start by exterminating such evil parasites? - Yang Wenli
Sep 7, 2016 5:45 PM

Aug 2014
The previous version was still better, at least that one didn't have Boichi's unfunny chibi faces.
Well it's still his best work to date so I can't complain too much.
Dec 23, 2017 1:46 PM

Jan 2017
This was way inconsistent, changing tone from page to page. The neko faces.
Contemporary0091Feb 21, 2018 2:45 PM
And still, Bill will live on.
He will befriend the next inhabitants of the earth, beings of light who revere him as a god.
And Bill will outlive them all... for millions and millions of years...exploring, learning, living,
until the earth is swallowed beneath his feet.
Until the sun is long since gone.
Until time loses all meaning and the moment comes that he knows only the positions of the stars
and sees them whether his eyes are closed or open.
Until he forgets his name and the place where he'd once come from.
He lives and he lives until all of the lights go out.
Aug 5, 2020 12:30 AM

May 2016
This was an excellent sci-fi story. It might be one of the many apocalypse-related what-if scenarios out there but this was a really chilling and emotionally-gripping read!

I'm no alarmist but this made me want to clean more for the environment's sake lmao

Dec 4, 2022 11:02 AM

Jun 2021
Holy sh*t....i wasn't expected a history like this you don't know how much this kind of stories i like, stories with millons and millions of years whit the existence of earth changing naturally.
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hotel Chapter 5 Discussion

TitanInsane - Nov 20, 2022

2 by hyggecottages »»
Jan 31, 4:38 AM

Poll: » Stephanos Discussion

notsureifsrs - Dec 31, 2011

25 by BurntFlower »»
Apr 1, 2023 9:57 PM

Poll: » Present Chapter 1 Discussion

kenny35 - Apr 30, 2009

31 by BurntFlower »»
Apr 1, 2023 9:36 PM

Poll: » It was all for the Tuna Discussion

notsureifsrs - Dec 31, 2011

15 by Adriannitro »»
Dec 6, 2022 4:04 PM

Poll: » Hotel Chapter 2 Discussion

catullus_d_rus - Dec 10, 2015

3 by Adriannitro »»
Dec 4, 2022 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.