Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »
Jan 30, 2015 10:48 PM
Jul 2014
I really, really disliked this ending.

Wow.... so... The whole series had all these incredible twists and turns, yet the ending ended in the most predictable (and what I predicted from the very start) way, that Light would become too overconfident, too into his god-persona and fall, to symbolically show the viewers that no human can become a god... yada yada. Yeah, sort of harsh, but I'm pretty disappointed right now.

I kept hoping as I got closer to the last episodes that Light wasn't going to be defeated, and since the rest of the series had been so interesting and convoluted, so impossible yet still believable, that something cool would happen, but then once Ryuk wrote his name, I was like REALLY? Really?! Such a predictable ending, such predictable foreshadowing of Ryuk saying he would write Light's name in his book, and it happens, it's like... I'm having a hard time believing that the same people who wrote the entire series wrote this ending. UGH.

It would have been so, so, so interesting if Light reigned and we got to see what the resulting "utopian" society looked like once Light defeated all of the most formidable foes (and what new problems would arise from such a society). That's an interesting ending I would have expected from a series that was so intricate and riveting. Except no, we had to get the symbolic, man is man, god is god, man can never be god, man accepts the forbidden fruit and will always be a flawed man, blah blah blah message thrown in our faces.
morphinupJan 30, 2015 10:55 PM
Mar 28, 2015 6:14 PM

Dec 2014
Hah, that was a hell of a final. I think it was clear from preview where he said "I am Kira" while seeming to be cornered that he lost, eventhough the name of episode is somewhat misleading by purpose. I felt slightly sorry for Light, but it definitely serves him right. Light demise here was probably more tragic than L's, but eventhough kinda surprisng how many people wanted Light "to win" it's probably due to people including myself got so used to Light winning everytime throughout the series. Even he himself was so surprised that he went insane and pathetic. One thing I am glad Mello's death wasn't in vain, and in fact without his crucial sacrifice Near's plan wouldn't be able to work out. It was quite satisfying to see Light had to suffer before his death and how Near confessed that only by working together with Mello they were able to suprass their predecessor; L. Gotta give props to Matsuda too for being quick to act and shoot Light without hesistation there, but as someone mentioned, that's because he was the only one in Light's crew who believed in him until the end.

Also someone mentioned this episode showed Light's loneliness. He was never really lonely; Light always had a caring family and girlfriends which he barely cared about due to his god complex. His opponents, especially L, never possessed any of these. That was actually the main reason I supported and sympathized with L throughout the series.

omgNova said:
To all the people who complain that the series died with L, I'd like to say that I disagree.
Near and Melo are basically the two halves of L separated; we have on one hand the calm, calculating side that requires a complete victory over his enemy and on the other, we have a fast-acting, immoral side that will use any means necessary to win, even going so far as acts of injustice.
Hell, the split-personality is even manifested in their 'hobbies'. L likes sweet stuff, right? However, he likes sweet stuff he can play with. Now, Near likes toys (That he can play with) and Melo likes chocolate (Which is sweet). It's not a case of Near beating Light, it's a case of L beating him, just as two different people.

QFT. I thought it was more than obvious.

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Mar 31, 2015 6:32 AM

Dec 2013
Rewatched this, after years and still epic, perfect anime for people who never watched one. And yes the ending was predictable, but so what? Isnt like he didnt had it coming or didnt deserved. And knowing what would happen with Ryuk warning, kinda made better to me, because it kinda give Light character a like greek tragedy destiny, but thats just me. What i didnt like in this episode was too much overreacting, it made it even funny sometimes. But that "Im Kira" part was spot on. And so, it seems Misa killed herself :( oh well. 9/10 series too me, the second part after L death was not the same level, but it was still good.
Apr 1, 2015 10:34 AM

Feb 2013
Just finished this for the first time and was I disappointed on numerous fronts.

#1 The send half of the anime (post L's death) seem rushed, no character development, etc
#2 Light was completely out of character in the 2nd half the the anime.

Near was basically a carbon copy of L without any of the character development and therefore its hard for me to root for him, in fact I despise him a lot. Also that one guy that seems totally pathetic had the ability to get into a safe in Japan and then forge a perfect duplicate by the end of the day? Give me a break...

I have no problem with the end result (Light dying) but it's the way how it was done that was disappointing. Instead of genuinely being outwitted by N, he got beat because his minion screwed up?
A total let down...
Apr 4, 2015 6:53 AM

Dec 2013
"Light was completely out of character in the 2nd half the the anime." Light was always like that, the Note just made that side of him come out, he is a psycho sociopath. And with L dead, it made him become even more arrogant and starts going downhill as a human.
Apr 6, 2015 7:07 AM
Feb 2015
To put it bluntly, the fact that a kid Near (not even close to L in terms of experience or in logic) can deduce everything that he did is pure bullshit. Despite the writers' best efforts one cannot help but say that the second arc was much weaker than the first arc, plot-wise. It only serves as to complete the final chapters of the battle where both L and Light will finally meet their deaths. I would even venture to say that it would have been perfect had the anime ended in episode 26.
But the ending (as obvious as it was) was unfortunately, grounded in reality and something that had to happen.The underlying message, that no person can or should pass judgement is strongly reinforced in the finale.
The only saving grace was that his death wasn't as pathetic or sad as it was in the manga. On that aspect, the author's did a great job of creating a poignant, melancholic atmosphere that perfectly complemented Light's realization that he had ultimately failed.
The best part for me, though was the way Light's last moments were captured(his glimpses of the past) ending with L looking down upon him in his final moment of solitude.
I personally hoped he would be successful, that he would create his "New World".
But alas, it wasn't to be.
PS how the hell did SO MUCH blood come out of Mikami WTF xD
ramramApr 11, 2015 5:41 AM
Apr 20, 2015 4:22 AM

Jul 2014
Melinka said:
htdepaula said:
What are people saying?! Light Win?! the dude was a complete psycho! I don't get it, seriously I don't. Sure I wanted L to be the one to bring Light to his knees, hell, I wanted this thing to be over 20 episodes ago, the agony. And the reason Light seemed like he lost his coolness and intelligence near the end was because 1)after L's death he let his guard down and 2) they wanted to show that you wont get far lying and behaving like a perfect human being while being a complete psycho inside. Its hard to keep up with your lies and this anime shows a perfect example of that (Light was too smart for his own good so he kept it going for years but a normal person clearly cant). Light win? now I'm gonna use his quote "WHAT ARE YOU SAYING!" its like saying "dam, they got Hitler, I wanted him to win". you have to understand that even innocent people gets sent to jail. I don't care if Light cries for 100 years straight I was wishing his death since day 1...So many freaking innocent people died by his hands for no reason! (not to mention the deaths to prove that the book was real) I can't...there are good people and bad people, like the anime said and the anime also said that killing people is bad...so Light is bad because he killed people, okay? simple enough? people who kills others for fun should die, okay? like Hitler and Biladen and so on because although anime is just anime, the writer is trying to tell you something. And so what is the message that you get from this anime? I think that if you still think that light should have won then I seriously advice you to watch it again. You have to choose.. Light or the true L?

Definitely agree with you. I don't get it how people liked him and says that he shouldn't die.
he's an interesting character that why people liked him and his character development also interesting ( from the one who want to change the world to better place to psycho killer). And yeah i agree he should die but i dont like the fact that Near is the one who beats him -_-.......

i think the writer trying to tell that

>One people cant change the world.
>Killing people cant change the world.
>Power can make people forgot his/her original goal(s)...... etc
Apr 27, 2015 1:54 PM
Nov 2014
I'm not satisfied with this ending at all, but I'm not complaining. I just don't like how Light lost against that piece of shit Near who is inferior to Lawliet in every single way. That was a nice death for Light anyway.

Overall, this was an EXTREMELY GOOD show, there is no denying that. Although the first 1 until 26 eps was a 11/10 and the drop in quality in second half was very noticeable. This series deserved nothing below a ten out of ten score rating from me. Very enjoyable to watch. SOUNDTRACKS = GODLIKE

Sayonara Light, Ryuuku and L. What a ride it has been, I wish I could have watched this show sooner.
May 9, 2015 5:06 AM
May 2015
Sad ending
May 9, 2015 10:20 AM

Nov 2014
I just can't describe how unsatisfied I was after that 40 seconds have passed. Show was great but it sure lowered its quality halfway through. I felt a bit sad for Light but I guess he got what he deserved.
May 11, 2015 11:34 AM

Nov 2013
I told myself that I was gonna laugh at Light while dying..

but no...man!I really though I was gonna laugh hard BUT seeing him go crazy, shout, crawl was like...Is that really Light??

I was just speechless as I was watching...

( L won!!! )
May 16, 2015 3:35 AM

Aug 2014
I was rather happy to see Light die..anyone else?

I was cheering for L all the way until his death and even after that I was hoping Light would eventually face the consequences of his power madness. Though I agree the 2nd half wasn't quite as good as the first 26 episodes (especially the fact Near won't ever be close to L) it was still pretty decent imo.

L ftw!
May 23, 2015 5:20 AM
May 2015
Light's name should have be written in the first place
May 31, 2015 8:17 AM
May 2015
I really like the ending ,,I've been watching death note from ep1 to ep37...even thought light died at the end he really deserve that..
Fuck those people that fan of light you should die....sorry for my poor English..you know I'm a pilipino..and. I don't care what you all feel....
Jun 9, 2015 2:21 PM

Sep 2014
Done rewatching...

That sentence in the middle of episode on ''How to use it'' which says ''After they die , they all go to MU(Nothingness)''.. It gave me very strange feeling..
Everyone.. Light , L , Soichirou.. JUST NOTHING - COMPLETE NOTHINGESS..
Jun 12, 2015 12:10 AM
Jun 2015
NaCro said:
I was postponing this show for so such a long time because i always thought it is overrated.
Boy, was i wrong.
Episode 1-26 are masterpiece, there is no doubt. It was tense all the time. But show went downhill from the moment he died. Mello and Near were just boring. I wish they made Near more serious, mature, normal looking instead of making him look like child, or atleast Mello. How it looks like they are company who create perfect army of wierd detectives.
Light was badass most of the time, i dislike how they made him like a pussy at the end. Crying, screaming. He should kept his cool till very end. Also, i started to dislike him when he killed Naomi, but i started to hate him after he killed Takada. Im glad it ended with him dead, it was expected from the start so no surprise on that part.

Feel sorry for Misa - She lost two most important persons in her life, again.

This is exactly how i feel, its like i wrote that myself. Im interesteted to hear from someone who has read the manga. Does it happen the same way. Does the manga go downhill the same way the show does after the death of L?
Jun 17, 2015 6:43 AM

Jul 2014
Great final episode. Overall, this was a good show. I would have given this show a 9/10 if it were for the first part, but the second part wasn't as good.

Rating for this episode: 5/5

Rating for the whole show: 8/10
Jun 18, 2015 5:21 PM

Jul 2011
At least let Light maintain his calm and calculating personality on his path to death. Let him die with some pride. All his actions this episode were along the lines of crazy and pathetic... Light's a prime example of being corrupted by power. I did enjoy his evil expressions (smirks) up until L's death, but his amoral methods were lacking the noble quality of his rather humanitarian ideals.

I have huge issues with plot development from the very start, but I like what it tries to do in terms of theme and execution.

It was thrilling, flashy, and entertaining.
Jun 18, 2015 10:33 PM

Apr 2014
Rewatched this again, this is the fourth time.

I still can't hold myself but say that Death Note is, if not the best, one of the best anime series out there, without a doubt. Episodes 1-26 were easily 10/10, and despite the drop of quality in the rest of the episodes, I am still very satisfied. Awesome.
Jun 25, 2015 9:27 AM
Nov 2014
Fruit_de_la_Eden said:
Rewatched this again, this is the fourth time.

I still can't hold myself but say that Death Note is, if not the best, one of the best anime series out there, without a doubt. Episodes 1-26 were easily 10/10, and despite the drop of quality in the rest of the episodes, I am still very satisfied. Awesome.
True dat, I have finished my rewatch also.
Jul 19, 2015 8:32 PM

Apr 2014
The scene with Light running, up until the end of the ep was great. Did it feel a little rushed sometimes, yes. Did that take away from any of the quality from me, no. After putting this off or two or more years, I'm glad I watched it.
---------My Profile------------
Jul 19, 2015 9:23 PM
May 2009
To those who are disappointed like me about after L died, Near and Mello arc. Even Ohba and Obata are disappointed by it. They expressed it through their Bakuman Manga/Anime, Reversi arc. That's probably due to the pressure of the company (Jump) wanting them to prolong the story more.

The Death Note (2015) live-action tv show that currently airs are more disappointing though. Light is not genius, L is overconfident, looks like they're trying to make it real love story with Misa, etc etc.. Ryuk is funnier though.
Aug 15, 2015 2:24 PM

Apr 2014
Rewatched this for the second time. Even though there are so many dissapointments I can't help but to feel that Death Note is so close to perfect. The ending just really is the opposite of how I wanted it to turne out, ideally. But it's so perfect (forget that it's rushed) that I accept it anyway. I always feel so...bipolar (no that's not a feeling, I know) when I watch Death Note, I can't explain it, it's satisfiying and unsatsfying at the same time, it's sad and happy, horrible and perfect, stupid and smart all at the same time Idk I feel so messed up.
Aug 18, 2015 3:03 PM
May 2015
I thought the ending was perfect. His death isnt suppose to be prideful/calm/composed. The death note and his ego completely corrupted him and its obvious that by the end of it he was nothing but a psychopathic serial killer that thought he was "god". Had he died calmly and with pride that would be subtly justifying what he had done and sending the wrong message. His lunacy and desperation in the final episode is perfect for his downfall.
Such an amazing series, this is probably my 5th time watching this series and i get chills every time. I also didnt think that the second half of the series was that bad and i dont understand the hate for Near. Cant wait to watch it a 6th time!
EL PSY CONGROO
Aug 19, 2015 1:04 PM
Jan 2015
Together..Rivals,together....Mello and Near caught Kira.As expected.

Light trying one final argument and failling. Hum, in the end...

Takada, he still called her name...scum.

So, now that is over, I suppose Light's name was marked on infamy and the truth about shinigamis and Death Notes was revealed to the world. That must be the way to end this Kira's cult madness, and the people that openly supported him and killed in the name....of Kira...They were probably arrested and charged.

Misa probably lived an empty life.

Somehow, I feel like Aizawa was the protagonist of this part. Maybe because he suspected of Light all way through since Near mentioned the rules and didn't die.

God knows that Light's mother and sister will have tough years ahead.

Mikami, your patheticness finally caught you.

I don't understand this Mu. It's something like a denomination for heaven and hell? Hum....

Well, so this is Death Note. All way through, it was a really good series. It was funny, it was tragic, it was awesome. I don't have anything bad to say about it. 10/10.
Aug 19, 2015 4:56 PM

Feb 2014
I finished this for the first time and I have to say it was excellent, no wonder it's so popular. I'd give it a 9/10, what a great show.

It boggles my mind that people wanted to Light to win after all he's done. The guy is a phony and complete scumbag who thinks he's some god that needs to lay judgement on people by himself and his obsessed with "justice". He's psycho maniac and his dream was based on a delusion that would never happen. He didn't give a damn about the people close to him, all he wanted was to see his world get created. He could care less about other people, he was completely selfish despite him thinking he was doing it for the world. Light is no different than any dictator and serial killer (as Near said), I hated him from episode 1, his death was well deserved. I wanted to get up clapping when Ryuk finished him.

I see people bitching about Near, but remember, him and Mello did it together and on top of that, he took over from where L left off. L did all the ground work for him. He wasn't as good and he even admitted that, thus why he needed Mello.

Basically, L was the one that finished Light in the end. Even though he died, it was L's perseverance, intellect, and determination that brought upon the fall of Light. If it wasn't for L, Near and Mello probably couldn't have solved anything. L is the true hero of this story, I loved him.

But the characters in this were fantastic, pretty much every single one of them. Even if I hated them, they were still well written and had depth. Aizawa and the rest of the gang were all great and I enjoyed all of them. I especially liked that Aizawa started to see the truth in the second half. Misa was a very desperate girl that just wanted to latch onto something and that something was Light. I did like her despite her being kind of pathetic and it hurt to see Light just not give a damn about her. Looks like she committed suicide at the end there and it was sad to see her get the shaft from Light during the second half.

The plot was incredible. I mean, what an awesome concept and it was used so damn well. The first 26 episodes were indeed amazing and the second wasn't as good, but it was still great (I really did miss L though). It was a nice conclusion to it all. There was so many twists and turns and I knew Light would be beat in the end (mainly because Death Parade spoiled that for me :P), but it was about the journey getting to that destination and I have to say I'm completely satisfied.

Seeing Light fall apart after all his lies and scandals were revealed and all dropped upon his head was one of the most satisfying moments in anime that I've ever seen. He was caught red handed and got what we deserved. His final moments were awesome too with L looking down upon him.

I'm so happy I finally watched this show, I couldn't stop watching. Excellent show indeed.
Sep 5, 2015 9:24 AM

Jun 2014
Finally watched this show, i can see why it's so incredibly popular. It was quite a ride.

overall, a 9/10 from me ;)
:3
Sep 16, 2015 10:48 AM

Jun 2014
one word "MASTERPIECE"
Sep 19, 2015 1:48 PM

Jan 2015
Whoa.

Overall, I think Death Note has some big flaws, but wowww what an ending. This last episode is just great from start to finish. The show as a whole is a 7/10, I'd say.

Also, Matsuda is a badass.
Sep 19, 2015 2:00 PM

Dec 2014
Still going this thread? It "worth" anyways (?).
Loved it, I'm also "kinda" satisfied, but... is there a way to keep this anime on? No, I don't think so at least, for obvious reasons. Duh.
It's an urforgetable anime, kind ironic because I watched it like ages ago and don't really remember. lol
Whatever, rest in peaches our loved and hated Light
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Oct 10, 2015 4:39 PM

Mar 2010
I'm satisfied with the ending since So many people died. To bad near survived.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 19, 2015 2:01 PM

Mar 2014
I didn't mind the fact that Light lost, but I just didn't want Near to win tbh - it would have been better if it was L.
Man, the first 25 episodes were way better
Oh well
Oct 28, 2015 4:48 AM
Jun 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_CUShSdeDo

Check the video link out for a in depth character review of Light Yagam! If you enjoyed this discussion then subscribe for more Death Note discussion videos on my youtube channel!!
Oct 31, 2015 9:55 PM

Jul 2015
Masterpiece. I was actually tearing up during Light's final moments. I was with him from the start. Did I agree with some of the stuff he did? No, but he had the right idea, which is why ultimately I was rooting for him, and I still loved the ending.

I don't know what it was exactly that got me emotional. I guess it was a combination of everything. Ryuk showing up for one last time to write Light's name, coming back all the way to the first episode. The shots of Misa and Light in the end, the soundtrack, the beautiful animation, the death of a character I'd gotten attached to after such a journey and an experience.. just everything.
Nov 7, 2015 10:37 AM

May 2014
Death note is one of the few anime series that I would marathon in one day simply because I couldn't stop watching. Although there were many plot holes and things that did not make sense along the way (or maybe I just don't have the same intellectual capacity as these characters in the show), it was a really captivating and intriguing story on the overall.

I'm neither a Light supporter or an L (and his successors) supporter as both of them were very interesting characters and just wanted to see how they would respond to different situations.

For L, his idiosyncrasies were his charm point and I really loved the dynamics between 'good' Light, Misa and him while they were 'friends'. I missed him very much after he died and was glad that Near somewhat resembled him (but he cannot be replaced!).

For Light, I feel that his biggest downfall was his pride. Every time he slips up, it's because he was way too confident that he had things under control. Sometimes being humble enough to respect your opponents and therefore think through all possible contingencies is necessary. The way that he announces his victories before they happen proves this point. Of course sometimes it works out (like with Misora where he said 'Because I'm Kira', or with L where he smiled before L died) but you cannot assume that things will always go your way, no matter how 'god-like' you are.

Therefore, I really like the ending even though I'm not anti-Light. Sure, he is a brilliant strategist who has escaped judgement from high school to working life. But the ending is a stark reminder that he is still human. All humans have times in their lives when they shine gloriously and times when they fall into hopeless ugliness.

One thing consistent in this show is that all who use the death note are cursed.
Higuchi was arrested and killed. Takada was burned to death. Mikami stabbed himself. Amane jumped to her death. Light was shot and then killed by Ryuk. The lesson behind the story? Power involves sacrifice and may lead to more misery than happiness.

Overall, it's an awesome series and I think that the 'good' people in the show actually died quite happily. L died knowing that his deductions were right, Light's father died with the impression that his son was innocent.
So well, all's well that end's well.
Nov 7, 2015 1:27 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
I don't know how to feel about this episode.

+Light lost and that's how it should be, no matter how much I like Light.
- Near's plan was so far fetched and the whole "The Death Note was copied word-by-word" was like wtf.
+Light losing his shit
- Light losing his shit
+Matsuda shooting Light. "MATSUDA, YOU IDIOT"
- Light still trying to Kill Near with his blood.
+Light running away was nice, with his old self walking past him
- They skipped Ryuk's scene with him stepping on Light
+The imagery of Light's death on the middle of stairs. Neither Hell or Heaven.
- They skipped the epilogue from the manga.

For this episode: 4/5
Overall series: 9.4/10
GoldenDevilGamerNov 7, 2015 2:42 PM
Nov 12, 2015 4:12 AM

Oct 2015
Damn Near u s**t!! 😬💣🔨🔪🔫 Why didn't Idiot Matsuda gave Light to write Near's name in the page of the notebook. Light Yagimi finally........ DIED? How light can be defeated by the bastard Near. I cried a lot when Light was sevearly injured n was about to die. Farewell Light.😖😖
Nov 16, 2015 12:08 PM

Nov 2014
What a sad ending for Light, but it had to come to this in the end. 10/10 for the series!
Dec 18, 2015 10:53 PM
Dec 2015
this is the complete ending, can't think a better ending than this one, light must be lose at the end, he has win against L before, he need to lose for the series complete

Light become crazy and desperate is predictable, if I'm not wrong ryuk ever said that All DN user will be desperate at the end of their life, that's why light's dad have a happy and calm ending because he never use DN.

And with that rule we can say that Misa will be desperate for the rest of her life
Dec 29, 2015 10:30 AM
Dec 2015
Read along and I'll show U that Near didn't make any sense in the last episode when he said-had it not been for Mello, SPK wud nvr hve defeated Kira..
K...Chronologically:
after Takada's abduction,
Mello dies first...
And then Takada...
And it has to be after Takada's death that Near stumbles upon the possibility of there being a fake death note (reason being more than obvious : it was Takada's name that was written both by Light and Mikami that was discovered in Mikami's safe AFTER Takada's death)...
Now then....HOW ON HEAVEN'S DID MELLO HAVE ANY ROLE TO PLAY IN SPK's TRIUMPH....THAT DUDE DIED EVEN BEFORE SPK WAS AWARE OF THE EXISTANCE OF THE FAKE DEATH NOTE....
Unless of-course...SPK had gained access to a friggin time machine....
XD
P.S: I love this show guys....revealing a glitch does'nt make me hate it...in fact it's quite D contrary...
D show was insane enough to keep me glued 2 D screen nd discover D anomaly...
Jan 14, 2016 9:28 PM

Jan 2016
Smh. Why is everybody on Lights side ?? I LOVE L , Near and Mello. I love them all because they were smart as hell and read between the lines of everything that was happening while the police were under disbelief and following under Light.

I only wished L didn't die but atleast Light seen him as he was passing. I'm glad to see Misa Misa killed herself. Disliked her soo much. I was filled with joy seeing Light die. Atleast he died peacefully. I also liked how he was running away , his old self walked passed him in the opposite direction. It also showed a flashback with him crossing the train tracks from the first episode. I remember someone saying if you see train tracks in an anime that means someone is gonna die or the outcome is bad...idk why that is.

I also liked how Ryuk gave his final goodbye before writing his name. I was hoping he'd tell him face to face since they been together for 6 years. I loved them both together. Even though I disliked Light and wanted him to pay, he did amuse me the entire show. He was so crazy with his maniacal laughter, yet he was so smart. I liked how he would act as if he was being the good guy or concerned but then time stops, his eyes and hair turns red and he say some slick shit. Omg its so hilarious. He was so slick until the very end. When he got Rem to kill L and kill herself, i was like that slick motha***** lol how the hell ...smh until i seen there were people under L which was Near and Mello..

And i also loved how they were all similar but had their own signature thing. L kept eating cakes, desserts and loved sugar.. Near played with his toys and twirled his hair and Mello kept biting a chunk of a chococale bar he could never finish lol. I loved the last episode and the entire show. Such an awesome show with a different story and interesting characters. I love Near. With the help of L and Mello, he was able to prove Light was the real Kira. 5 stars
Miki-SamusuJan 14, 2016 10:06 PM
Jan 24, 2016 6:24 AM
Apr 2015
That was a fun ride. Sad for Misa though. Loved Light's final moments, since despite something evil, he did it for a good cause (idk) but hey.

9/10. would have been perfect if L didn't die too early.
Jan 31, 2016 1:41 PM
Jan 2016
Death Note is the most awesome Anime I have even seen.... Tsugumi Ohba please make a sequel of it :(
Feb 7, 2016 5:06 PM

Aug 2012
The ending was nice, but why is it different from the manga?? D= I remember having Light's death taking place inside the warehouse in front of everybody and Light screaming at Ryuk to not kill him or to kill everyone. He was all screaming and bloody ._.

I guess the anime's version is all right, but what about Misa? I'm assuming she committed suicide, since she was standing on the edge of the building. In the manga she joins this group/cult thing??? (been years since I read the manga) and lives the rest of her life as a saint (?).

And also, in the manga, Mikami didn't kill himself like that (I think. I actually don't remember) and started screaming at Light for not meeting his expectations of God, since Light started going bat shit crazy.

Either way, watching the anime after reading the manga after six, five years has made me love this series all over again. I forgot many things that happened in the series and it still felt very suspenseful and tense throughout the whole thing.

Overall, I give this a 9/10.
Feb 9, 2016 6:17 AM
Jan 2016
i must admit i ...cried a lot
Feb 14, 2016 7:51 PM

Jun 2013
One of the best psychological thriller anime I have ever seen. The suspense and drama kept me interested throughout the series. Even the music was perfect.

The characters were amazing. I always love an anti-hero protagonist with a strong sense of justice. Even the other characters were fun to watch. As it was much expected the character deaths were quite sad.

Initially I empathised with Light but over time his cynical nature and apathetic attitude towards those who cared for him made it hard to watch. It's like his sense of justice shrouded his views on morality to a great level. I also feel after L's death he got a little over confident and was outsmarted by Near which led to his downfall.

But it would've been cool to see the world he creates. Overall 9/10
Mar 9, 2016 2:36 PM

Dec 2015
I was thinking of giving it a 9/10 since it begun to lack something at some point, but I loved the last two episodes. Now I don't know what to rate it...I guess I wanted Light to win in the end, but I knew he was gonna loose, so I can't say I'm disappointed or anything. It was quite the ending. Loved Ryuk's speech and how they showed Light die. Poor Misa, but I guess she had no reason to live without Light?
After ep. 26 I admit it begun to lose that spark a little (slowly), but as it got closer to the last episodes, it got better. And the last two episodes are just brilliant.

I agree with FatalGaze here, I would also say it's one of the best psychological thriller anime. It's one of my favorites for sure. Will definitely rewatch it someday.. Oh I'm glad I decided to watch it.
I would have also loved to see what would have happened, had he won. I guess it's just up to our imagination now.

Still can't bring myself to hate/dislike Light, tho I do admit that he was easier to empathize with in the beginning. But an amazing character overall! Most of the characters were great!
And I wouldn't really say that it would have been better if it had ended with ep 26. I think 37 episodes was great. The pace changed and it became a little different, but I still liked it so much.
I could say so much more, but I won't (toomuch)... Just.. an amazing anime. That is all...
''One is enough, find someone completely unique'' -Yato
''You can't feel lonely if there's no one else around'' -Yamaken
''Because it's broken, it will never recover'' -Nanami
Apr 13, 2016 8:31 PM

Apr 2016
Meh, kinda typical end. The scene where Light is going crazy after Matsuda shoots his hand is brilliant!
'MATSUDA YOU IDIOT!

Apr 15, 2016 7:01 AM

Mar 2016
I cannot believe the number of people lamenting Light Yagami's demise...my only complaint is that he got off way too easy. The hundreds, thousands of deaths attributed to him directly, and those of his lackeys, merits a far slower, far more painful demise.

Instead, he ran away like a little punk, crying like a baby. Whatsa matter, Light? You can dish it out, but you can't take it when what goes around comes around?

I would never want to live in Light's "Kira" world. No freedom of religion (if you're into that sort of thing), no freedom of expression, especially dissent, etc. Do as God/Kira says, or you die.

We call that Totalitarianism. Not freedom. Not democracy. Not Liberty!

Near seemed to benefit a bit much from author-induced "plot smarts," but then again, I think the author kind of painted himself into a corner, plot- and character-wise, and anally extracted Near & Mello to work his way back out again, but I don't care; Near called a spade for what it was: a remorseless mass-murderer, and for that, he gets my props.
I am the one you warned me of.
Apr 24, 2016 2:37 PM
Apr 2016
I liked the ending. Since I hate Light, it was really the only way it could end for me. I also think it was really great character development for Matsuda. It was just the fact that L wasn't alive to see Light defeated that really bothered me.
Pages (19) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Note Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

itainteazy - Apr 4, 2007

394 by pakinho »»
Yesterday, 7:16 AM

» Imagine a world without Death Note

ZeroMajor12 - Yesterday

0 by ZeroMajor12 »»
Yesterday, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - Apr 15, 2009

128 by puffle9000 »»
May 3, 1:05 AM

» Psychoanalyzing Light Yagami but in gen z slangs

egosumjohn - Mar 31

28 by Bunnix21 »»
Apr 30, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kei-clone - Mar 21, 2007

121 by misterskinny »»
Apr 27, 8:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.