Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »
Aug 16, 2015 11:04 PM

Jan 2015
I cried, would cry again.
Nov 12, 2015 1:26 PM

Apr 2014
That was freaking sad when they filled in the organ donation thing, I cried.
Nov 29, 2015 4:28 PM

May 2013
Huh. Interesting. Now I want to become an organ donor lol. I hope the ones in the train crash went to Otonashi's funeral bc that's the respectful thing to do >.>
Dec 2, 2015 3:07 AM

Jan 2012
still relying on her.

Dec 6, 2015 12:41 AM

Nov 2015
Though I found some of the moments boring...as whole this episode was okay.
I expected much from angel beats
I hope the further episodes becomes more and more interesting.
3/5 for this episode
Dec 6, 2015 6:34 AM

Oct 2015
Feel sorry for Otonashi before his Afterlife. Nice Otonashi.๐Ÿ˜Š He didnt thought too much about him and helped the other passengers.I understood the reason why everyone vanished after becoming friend with Kanade. I think tht everyone will leave the Afterlife at the end. Nice episode. 5/5
Dec 17, 2015 5:16 PM

Dec 2013
I think this episode made me quite depressed. I though that Otonashi died in the rain crash but survived with some people. I think his death was really sad, I mean, if the rescue came up earlier, he should be alive? Why on earth his death ended up that way? But he at least, saved the people and gave hope to them

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

Mar 14, 2016 4:15 PM
May 2010
There's a few things that i think makes the whole rescue thing seem plausible. For all they knew, the entire cave system was completely collapsed and no one had survived, at the same time, there might have been a very large amount of rubble there, and it's common sense to not use explosives or work rapidly during times like that, after all, the last thing you want triggered is another cavein, which is why proper equipment has to be brought in, experts need to assess the situation, the entire cave system that's unbroken might need reinforcing, and then they work at it as quickly as they can, but also avoiding them risking another cavein, killing both the people that survived, and the dozens of rescue workers.
Mar 29, 2016 12:52 PM

Mar 2016
time to become an organ donor
Apr 25, 2016 11:20 PM

Nov 2013
So the core conflict of this entire show so far has stemmed from the characters not speaking to each other. This show is actually the worst.
Aug 30, 2016 5:47 PM
Jul 2018
Loved Otonashi backstory; that's a tough death though, damn.
Yay, Tenshi is bad to normal cute mode *.*
Otonashi and Tenshi team up to get everybody to overcome their regrets and fullfill their dreams, that's just lovely.
Can't wait for the next episode XD
Sep 24, 2016 11:56 AM

Jun 2013
I'm not sure why, but all this drama doesn't have the impact on me that one would expect. Maybe it's because all along, I've been having a hard time getting truly invested in the story.

The mood whiplash that was characteristic of the previous episodes seems to be less frequent now.

On the other hand, it's nice to see that Yuzuru and Kanade have an actual goal this time. While it could have been fun if there really had been a god that the gang could have faced, Angel Beats! aims to be more of a character study, as several people in this thread already mentioned. It somehow doesn't click for me, though, which is pretty disappointing.
Dec 7, 2016 5:09 AM

Aug 2014
First episode so far that i would call great, i enjoyed it.
Jan 16, 2017 6:15 PM

Jun 2016
Am I the only one who feels as though its wrong that otonashi and kanadae are forcing the rest of them to move on? If I was the one getting obliterated I would feel completely lied to.
Jan 30, 2017 5:46 PM

Sep 2016
This episode is definitely my favorite and the best so far for me soo much has been revealed otonashi and kanade agreed to sacrifice their friendship in order to save the others also the first half omg i damn near was crying bro the tone was set perfectly the way he died and the story with the passengers trapped was a very unique plot setting done in anime and i enjoyed it also otonashi's character has become very intriguing i like him alot i support his morals and ethics
Facta Non Verba
May 20, 2017 11:12 PM

Aug 2007
I keep going back and forth with "oooh interesting" to "man, this disappoints me" with these episodes.

This one was a good one, though.
I think the idea that they are in some type of purgatory to relive their youth was pretty obvious, so I'm interested if there will be any plot twists that will actually impress me. So far with the ups and downs it's an average anime.

Aug 16, 2017 4:56 AM

Mar 2015
Ohh there's a continuation on how he died, not bad... but cliche with the part where he dies a minute before being rescued.... so annoying like that movie adaptation of Stephen King's book.

Anyway, it's kind of meh... in the end the story doesn't seem as exciting as everyone making it to be. At times it's funny and at times it's sad, but that's pretty much to it and everything else is random like Tachibana's true intention revealed so differently than what we know.

Sep 30, 2017 4:49 PM

Sep 2013
Great episode....so much the feels!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 22, 2017 2:47 PM

Feb 2012

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Feb 18, 2018 11:46 PM
Dec 2017
Yuzuru past really bad!!! i think i'm crying... why this world mean to them.. why He didn't enjoy normal life... it's all fault to write.. because of him i'm crying
Mar 22, 2018 4:34 PM

Mar 2016
After suffering pain for a week and after saving the lives of the remaining survivors, Yuzuru died just moments before the rescue team arrived. Those moments are so emotional yet it also anger-inducing. If only the rescue team have come a few minutes earlier... He could've lived on!

On the other side, I am so glad that the good Kanade is the one who woke up! While Yuzuru was regaining his memories, Kanade was battling her evil selves. Also, the way she woke Yuzuru up was cute.

Kanade's motivation is finally clearly revealed... Let's see how they will convince the others.
Apr 15, 2018 3:47 PM

Jun 2017
wow... this was one powerful episode.
May 12, 2018 1:24 AM

Mar 2017
Wait, is it normal to have the organ donor card not filled out beforehand? Like, you don't always have the opportunity to fill it out if you get into an accident. Actually, I'd say in the vast majority of cases you wouldn't have the chance. I got mine filled out beforehand already, did I do that wrong?

For some reason that really bothers me now. It's just so weird. :P

I would also like to retract my statement from an earlier topic. This show is too sappy for me and the drama feels forced. I don't think Angel Beats is "bad"... but for some reason the weird mix of comedy, melodrama and dark stuff doesn't really work for me. I'll probably end up giving the show an average rating, but at least I wasn't bored.
Oct 28, 2018 5:55 PM
Apr 2018
Imo this is the best episode so far but it kinda bothers me that the whole plot could've been avoided if Yuri or whoever was the first one to enter the school had talked to Kanade.
Jan 4, 2019 4:52 PM

Jun 2015
man otonashi's past is saaaad, dude died minutes before he could've been saved. wonder what kanade's is.
Feb 1, 2019 8:01 AM
Apr 2016
DAMNNNNN didn't expect his backstory to actually be bigger, & BETTER, very well done! Good episode.
Sep 4, 2019 8:11 PM

Oct 2013
Naive depiction of a train crash and a rescue mission sent for those who survived, although it was indeed interesting to watch. Still this episode was good to advertise consent to organ transplantation after death.

Good we learned why our main character did not disappear after he found peace, kinda. He needs to help others first. How original and touching.. ;pp
โœจSaint Seiya Club๐ŸŒ 
Feb 28, 2020 4:32 PM

Feb 2019
Ok, I've been pretty critical of this anime so far, but this was almost a perfect episode.

Otonashi's character before his death was developed really well, and it was a fitting ending for him, yet also completely unfair. This all adds to the emotion you feel for him and the others.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Mar 28, 2020 6:26 PM

Jan 2014
Unu5ual said:
Ok, I've been pretty critical of this anime so far, but this was almost a perfect episode.

agreed! there were so many plot holes (like why the fuck are they all in a high school?? that was so random) and a lot of them seem to have been filled. there was still a lot of cliche (like the rescue team arriving literally 2 seconds after he died) but still, i was actually RIVETED by an Angel Beats episode. in shock

why do i feel like the main story is only just beginning?? i wish they hadn't spent so much time in the beginning with useless shenanigans... i get they probably wanted to add into the shock factor of realizing what this world truly was, but still it went on for far too long (over half the anime length). there's legit 4 episodes left, i wish this character study type thing could have been the whole show T.T
Mar 30, 2020 1:28 AM

Sep 2018
Ouchhh!!!! I don't know what I will do if I get stuck like that ..

God!!!!! Otonashi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A hugeeee respect for him โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

Now I understand the purpose of Tenshi lol
What's the point of fulfilling their dreams when they will die/vanish again? :(
Apr 30, 2020 11:17 AM
Sep 2018
Very cool to see the end of past of Yuzuru, that was for me one of the best episode
May 11, 2020 7:43 PM

Jan 2016
Great 5/5 episode, but I still have a burning question about this whole series:

How come most of the people there are NPCs. If this whole world was to let young people live out the lives they couldn't while they were alive, wouldn't there be more than enough people so as to not need any NPCs?

Also, I don't really like the English guy.

Also, I been knew Tenshi wasn't bad from the start lol.
Jun 15, 2020 1:13 PM

May 2015
Mad respect for Otanashi. Even in that dire incident he was still thinking about how to help people. And just a few seconds later help arrived. Reminds me a lot of The Fruit of Grisia.

The only gripe I have with the Dub is Otanashi's voice cannot scream or raise his voice well XD. Other than that they're all great.

Kanade at the end there was so cute. Constantly tilting her head and making adorable reactions. BEST GIRL!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

But Otanashi has now become Palpatine XD. Manipulating both sides of the war.

Cant wait to see more of Otanashi and Kanade hanging out together. They're so cute.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 17, 2020 7:09 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
He died as the rescue team arrived ... that really hit me hart :/
Now he wants to help the other move on, I wonder how this will turn out and if it will feel rushed I mean there are so many of them left but just a few episodes o.o

Nov 4, 2020 9:42 AM

Jan 2017
What a great leader Otonashi was (and still is), I wonder what took the rescue team so long but dying at the very moment he was about to be saved is truly an oof moment.

I'm dissapointed they didnt follow up with the cliffhanger of last ep but it's for later probably..?
Nov 24, 2020 8:22 PM
Jun 2020
This episode made me want there to be a Walking dead or Lost type of anime...
That aside, this episode was 10/10 and totally puts this show above mediocrity and I know I’m gonna be left wanting more after it’s conclusion, happy to see such a well-written series. I love the ability to balance comedy with dark sad tones, I didn’t find it forced or off putting, I like this shows roll!!!
Dec 8, 2020 11:59 AM

Aug 2018
Bad drama trashly written
Jan 1, 2021 7:37 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I suspect that Otonashi will have to disappear once he helps everyone.
Jan 18, 2021 3:27 AM
Mar 2020
Poor Otonashi, what a bittersweet ending for him. I wonder how him and Tenshi will be able to help Yuri come to terms with her regrets.
Also, if the world they're living was created for the people who never live a fulfilling childhood, does that mean it exists one for adulthood?
Either way, beautiful ending to the episode, these last 4 have the potential to be great
Aizawa_IRLJan 18, 2021 7:38 AM
Jan 21, 2021 6:33 PM

Aug 2017
Oh, I didn't expect more about Otonashi past, that part was really sad. He could have a success life as become a doctor, RIP. I can be a bit nitpicking, like why did it take them 7 days to find them? or when he died before the rescue teams arrived. But I can ignore this cuz Otonashi's story of self-sacrifice is so well-written and his personality makes sense.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 20, 2021 9:14 AM

Aug 2013
Now that was powerful. Ignoring the absolute bullshit of not having an organised rescue performed in a major city for an enitre week, this episode really drove Otonashi down as a saint. Such an optimistic viewpoint of the human spirit isn't unwelcome at all, unrealistic as it may be.

And we got Kanade's purpose finally revealed too, predictable as it was. Didn't really think the excuse for her lack of agency to be "she just really sucks at talking to people" but I guess it makes sense from what we've seen of her. The anime still hasn't shown what set things off between her and Yuri yet but the direction of both of them teaming up to help everyone find peace is a very wholesome turnout.

Curious to see how many answers and proper resolutions we can get for just 4 more episodes.
Apr 19, 2021 5:32 AM

May 2017
honestly the first episode of angelbeats that I have enjoyed so far. this might get better now.
Jul 27, 2021 9:05 PM

Apr 2021
My man saved a lot of people in that train accident...but his death was really sad ;-;
So now to help the others...Tachibana and Otonashi team up ^^
Sep 10, 2021 7:58 PM

Jul 2016
In my opinion, Otonashi and the other passengers filling the organ-donation cards is probably the best scene in all AB. Now this said... what a contrived train accident, huh?
Oct 9, 2021 7:06 PM

Sep 2016
I wasn't expecting to say something like this, but I can finally say: what a great episode!

Every episode after the first felt like a bunch of filler, meaningless fodder, but now they've finally decided to move the main plot foward, I hope... This series can be good when they do try.
Nov 6, 2021 4:48 PM
Dec 2017
things went 0 to 100 real quick

Dec 10, 2021 2:56 PM

Aug 2008
Otonashi really is the best human to ever live isn't he? A hero, a saint of such unbelievable proportions that Jesus Christ himself should step aside and let Otonashi Yuzuru save humanity. I am simply amazed at how terrific this episode made this guy to be, simply perfect in every way. Helps the injured off the train, keeps people calm when they find they are trapped, shames the guy stealing water through his own self sacrifice, convinces everyone to sign organ donor cards, all done while severely injured himself and dies just before rescue comes but no worries the other passengers shall remember how he got them through it all. Brings a tear to your eye doesn't it? Except no it doesn't.

Now of course with his true saintly halo revealed the actual plot of the anime can take place (that ep 3 certainly implied which is the only episode I can say I really enjoyed) and getting members of SSS to find peace and move on is what is to happen. With 4 episodes to go. Pfft. I guess its more evidence of overall incompetence that no one tried talking to the "angel" and just shot at her. Couldn't have this plot twist without it I suppose, no exposing or overthrowing god but finding acceptance. Shock!
Jan 14, 2022 4:13 AM

Jul 2021
Holy shit this was such a good episode.

The feels this episode, cried more than the last time they showed us Otonashi's past. Felt so relieved when Otonashi woke up with Kanade's head pat. I would have hated it if the evil Tenshi would have taken over her.

Kanade best girl.

Looks like Otonashi wants everyone to "graduate" from this world as in he wants everyone to disappear from this world and be reborn. I wonder how they are going to accomplish that without rushing when only 4 more episodes are remaining.

Excited for next episode.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Sep 29, 2022 4:27 AM
Jul 2018
this episode is truly amazing both Yuzuru and Kanade are my favorite characters from this show I love both of them so much
Nov 7, 2022 9:16 PM

Jul 2022
When he began to fill in his credential what things to donate and the others followed suit, fuck, how I cried, and even more so when Igarashi begins to ask him if he listens to him and the roof begins to open.
Pages (12) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »

More topics from this board

» Explanation

Vapor_AU - Apr 27

17 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
Apr 29, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1752 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 23, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 21, 2010

388 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - May 14, 2010

538 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 9:16 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.