Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2010 3:54 AM

Mar 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
HAHAHA i nearly lost it when Satsuki was talking to her dad about Paula Deen:

Satsuki: Hey, mom was a good cook wasn't she?
Dad: Well, not bad. It was edible at least. The woman was no Paula Deen but she was all right.
Satsuki: That woman is trying to kill her husband. No one uses THAT much butter. But its that semi-homemade chick that's really dangerous... scary.

They are all about Food Network celebrities. Paula Deen is a huge fat southern belle that runs her own cooking show. Her main ingredient in every dish is BUTTER. Look em up if you still don't understand.

Doll monster was funny. Actually got semi creeped out b/c it reminded me of child's play and Grim Prairie Tales. Keiichiro got more air time in this episode. His obscure blabbing always makes me laugh out loud.

Did anyone catch Reo's whole body vibrate when his phone went off? Haha, that reminded me of the "siezure" Satsuki had in an earlier episode.

And Satsuki's pantsu color for this episode is PINK... i think im gonna start tracking the running gag of this.
KinetaOct 20, 2012 10:49 AM

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Jun 28, 2010 12:25 PM

Dec 2009
Satsuki's father was just sick when holding the doll XD.
Jul 2, 2010 11:12 PM
Dec 2009
lol, the doll Its not what it looks like. This sh*t is so gold.
Feb 14, 2011 3:50 PM

Jan 2010
I... Hate... DOLLS!!! X(
Denerwować się to mścić się na własnym zdrowiu za głupotę innych.
Jan 11, 2014 4:39 PM

Jan 2013
This was an entertaining and creepy episode.
Jul 16, 2015 7:56 AM
Aug 2012
Thanks god it's common fear, because I've always thought that porcelain dolls are scary especially their real faces, damn how could people keep such monsters at home even they are handmade and one of a kind- kids could be scared stiff by those dolls
Sep 12, 2015 2:29 PM

Oct 2010
Does everyone watches the dub in this episode forums ?
It's great, this show is like SYD on crack.
Nov 12, 2015 12:09 AM

Nov 2014
Catalano said:
Does everyone watches the dub in this episode forums ?
It's great, this show is like SYD on crack.

Hopefully everyone here is watching the English dub xD
Nov 12, 2015 12:10 AM

Nov 2014
Oh my gosh the teacher is going to meet Cinnamon xD That's the hooker that the dead guy from the last episode almost got an STD from xD
Jan 25, 2016 7:05 AM

Apr 2014
For a moment this episode was actually creepy.
Feb 23, 2016 2:15 PM
Jul 2014
Ranivus said:
[b]

Dad: Well, not bad. It was edible at least. The woman was no Paula Deen but she was all right.
Satsuki: That woman is trying to kill her husband. No one uses THAT much butter. But its that semi-homemade chick that's really dangerous... scary.

They are all about Food Network celebrities. Paula Deen is a huge fat southern belle that runs her own cooking show. Her main ingredient in every dish is BUTTER. Look em up if you still don't understand.

Thanks! I didn't know who Paula Deen is. :)
May 24, 2016 11:58 PM

Feb 2010
Yay finally the doll episode! I love dolls especially creepy ones. I have a huge collection. Every horror anime had to have the doll episode. It was funny. Kinda want to watch this one subbed too.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
May 26, 2016 8:40 AM

Apr 2009
nopenopenope, them phonecalls ;_;'!
dat doll, nopenopenope.
hehaha, i'm so glad i'm watching this in the middle of the day ^_^'

aaargh- an entire shrine for the goddamn horrid things D8_?!!

hoooooooly fff-

woah- so much blood _XD
Hajime you numbskull -w-'
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Jan 8, 2017 4:35 AM

Dec 2013
I knew that a doll epsiode was eventually coming.
May 23, 2017 9:14 PM

Mar 2015
Dolls are gross. I liked her "cigarette voice" tho.
I liked the Paula Deen jab but my favorite part of this episode was the scene right after, with "Haven't you listened to Momoko? God's going to send you to hell for lying." "I want a lawyer!" Cracking up.

Apr 22, 2018 10:44 AM

Feb 2017
Good jokes throughout this one.
May 9, 2018 11:54 PM

Sep 2013
They haven't botched an episode yet. Just freaking hilarious!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
May 13, 2018 11:46 PM

Aug 2015
People here pointing out the continuity between episodes, like the name of the hooker, and I'm like 'damn, they put a lot of effort into this dub'
Jan 2, 2019 7:58 AM

Jun 2016
Good episode but Slutski should have thought about checking her mom's damn ghost book. Really?! I get they are kids but at this point any supernatural occurrence should make them do it. Her not going out with Hajime and her brother when he had to go to the bathroom was fine, she wants to appear strong for Hajime, but her not checking the book is too dumb for me to believe. Unless that was just lost in dub.

The whole time I was saying "you should play with her we haven't seen her do anything evil"! All she wants is a friend. So the ending where she forgave her remembering Slutski cleaned her off was nice. Well, most supernatural occurrences like this have been evil so far so it's understandable.

Oh, for sub watchers at the start Momoko called Satsuki "Slutski".

It was a pretty fun episode. I would have loved parts like the ending as a kid. where Satsuki felt as if she was in real danger.

The jokes that stood out to me in the dub were:
"This barbie bitch is going down, first we have a geographical montage so it looks like we traveled a long way."

"Why's that midget staring at us", as Hajime forgets who the doll even is and mistakes her for a very small lady.

The recurrent dolls make you gay joke going all the way to the temple of dolls.

And Hajime's line about them being speechless from his Bruce Willis type moves.
Feb 29, 2020 6:01 AM
Aug 2016
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
Good episode but Slutski should have thought about checking her mom's damn ghost book. Really?! I get they are kids but at this point any supernatural occurrence should make them do it. Her not going out with Hajime and her brother when he had to go to the bathroom was fine, she wants to appear strong for Hajime, but her not checking the book is too dumb for me to believe. Unless that was just lost in dub.

The whole time I was saying "you should play with her we haven't seen her do anything evil"! All she wants is a friend. So the ending where she forgave her remembering Slutski cleaned her off was nice. Well, most supernatural occurrences like this have been evil so far so it's understandable.

Oh, for sub watchers at the start Momoko called Satsuki "Slutski".

It was a pretty fun episode. I would have loved parts like the ending as a kid. where Satsuki felt as if she was in real danger.

The jokes that stood out to me in the dub were:
"This barbie bitch is going down, first we have a geographical montage so it looks like we traveled a long way."

"Why's that midget staring at us", as Hajime forgets who the doll even is and mistakes her for a very small lady.

The recurrent dolls make you gay joke going all the way to the temple of dolls.

And Hajime's line about them being speechless from his Bruce Willis type moves.

You mention that most occurrences are evil right, how will they know it will be okay once they play with the doll. If Satsuki didnt wipe the dirt off the doll, the game will continue and Satsuki will probably lost her eyes. So, is that what you mean by playing with the doll?
May 29, 2020 11:08 AM

Jul 2013
Honestly, while the whole dub is a fucking meme, there are some legitimately good episodes like this one and the piano ghost episode that really captures the atmosphere which the funny dub ruins. If I watched this subbed, I probably would have really liked this episode.
Dec 28, 2020 9:29 PM

Jan 2018
Imagine what would happen to Satsuki if that handkerchief didn't fell off.
Oct 4, 2021 8:28 PM
Aug 2020
Not as many jokes or humor in this episode. Seemed to be more focused on the horror aspects with a few wisecracks and mini-jokes here and there.

I didn’t mind this and the piano episode being less comedic. Watching a more horror-centric episode after a couple gag-based episodes was quite an unexpected way to give us a break from the same pattern! It’s almost the inverse of having comic-relief characters or moments in a more serious show or movie!
Aug 30, 2022 9:21 PM
Jul 2011
Had some hilarious dialogue
Oct 18, 2022 11:59 AM

Jun 2008
Dolls are creepy. She just wanted to play tho.
The cat is still my favourite.

Dec 20, 2022 1:50 AM

Mar 2021
Ranivus said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Doll monster was funny. Actually got semi creeped out b/c it reminded me of child's play and Grim Prairie Tales. Keiichiro got more air time in this episode. His obscure blabbing always makes me laugh out loud.

Did anyone catch Reo's whole body vibrate when his phone went off? Haha, that reminded me of the "siezure" Satsuki had in an earlier episode.

And Satsuki's pantsu color for this episode is PINK... i think im gonna start tracking the running gag of this.

No wonder everyone in the south is dying of heart disease with that much deep frying and butter it's a miracle some people are in decent shape.
Jul 2, 2023 3:10 PM
Apr 2021
pretty funny episode

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 20 Discussion

Ranivus - Apr 1, 2010

46 by matheoo41 »»
Mar 25, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 18 Discussion

Ranivus - Apr 1, 2010

19 by matheoo41 »»
Mar 20, 7:54 PM

Poll: » Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 15 Discussion

Ranivus - Mar 28, 2010

24 by matheoo41 »»
Feb 20, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 12 Discussion

Ranivus - Mar 28, 2010

37 by Sexyjutsu »»
Feb 12, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 10 Discussion

stand - Oct 22, 2013

21 by Sexyjutsu »»
Feb 7, 1:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.