Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 11, 2016 4:03 AM

Sep 2015
So this morning before I went to sleep, I had an unexpected revelation in my life, I kinda fell in love. And I'm not talking about something like a liittle crush or a one night stand, god knows I've moved past that by now. I'm talking full blown infatuation. This is ridiculous.

The worst part is this girl is someone I met... On MAL.... Just yesterday, I was thinking to myself how useless and pointless love is, but it's less than 16 hours later and honestly my heart and brain are getting muddled and confused and I'm lost... Let me quote a post I wrote on CD yesterday.
Dusk said:
I'd rather stick shattered glass up my ass than date online again.

And no... I'm not kidding.

But if it works for you, then go crazy fam.
The only suitable conclusion is that I should commit Sudoku.... But if you have better suggestions I'm open to hearing them.

Also, this thread isn't just about my pathetic sappy "ooh I have a heart" story, I want to hear about your experiences with this. Have you ever had an unexpected change in heart regarding relationships?

Also, why are you against online dating? (if you are)
Why do you think online dating is good? (if you do)

A pair of eyes appear disguised,
I take flight and stay high in paradise,
With bad luck, snake eyes, a pair of dice.
I'm paralyzed, she speaks twice, a pair of lies,
It's parallel, apparent hell of parasites.
ask for discord server
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 11, 2016 4:04 AM

Jan 2015
In love. After one day. Are you sure you're in love or is this just a fleeting notion?

I find online dating detestable and abhorrent, tbh.
Feb 11, 2016 4:05 AM

Sep 2015
Toasty_One said:
In love after one day.

Are you sure you're in love or is this just a fleeting notion?
It wasn't after one day, I don't know where you got that from.

ask for discord server
Feb 11, 2016 4:07 AM

Jan 2015
Dusk said:
It wasn't after one day, I don't know where you got that from.

Dusk said:
The worst part is this girl is someone I met... On MAL.... Just yesterday,

---Edit.---

Ah, shit, soz bro. I read your sentence wrong.

Still, sodoku sounds like a good option to me.
Status_EffectFeb 11, 2016 4:11 AM
Feb 11, 2016 4:11 AM
Jul 2018
I'm officially mindblown.

I don't know what to say.
Feb 11, 2016 4:12 AM

Sep 2015
Toasty_One said:
Ah, shit, soz bro. I read your sentence wrong.

Still, sodoku sounds like a good option to me.
All good man. :p
Sodoku is basically my plan at this stage

ask for discord server
Feb 11, 2016 4:12 AM
Jul 2018
That escalated quickly. Do you fall in love with Dawn?
Feb 11, 2016 4:14 AM

Sep 2015
Onii-chan said:
I did not, but let's not turn this into a guessing game, lol.

ask for discord server
Feb 11, 2016 4:23 AM

Apr 2010
Why...why would you create a thread about online dating, when there's literally THIS thread that was created just yesterday? I'm sure as hell there's even more threads about this subject. God...why do you people feel the need to create a copy, of a copy, of a copy of a thread? Post in the original one, damn it.

But I'll answer to your questions, so I wouldn't be off-topic.

Have I ever been in a online (long distance) relationship?

Yes I was. Twice, once it worked and I actually met the girl, but didn't work out because she expected me to be some rich fuckboy, even though I told her about who I am and what I am... and 2nd one just getting bored of eachother in the end.

Would I get in an online relationship again?

Maybe? I mean, if I talk with the girl allot, see each other on cam, and such, and plan to meet each other, then yeah! Why wouldn't I? But if it's just a "virtual-only" kind of relationship...fuck that! You're better of having a dog as a company, then that.

Is it good online dating?

Both good and bad, like how pretty much everyone would tell you (or should). Good, because you can actually think what you want to write/say to a person, it's easier if you have a busy life, and easier once again to find someone with common hobbies as you.

Bad, because at times you might talk with some of the creepiest and suspicious people on earth. Caution should be #1 thing to have before venturing in this "realm"
Feb 11, 2016 4:31 AM
Jul 2018
Dusk said:
Onii-chan said:
I did not, but let's not turn this into a guessing game, lol.
Hmm, okay. Let me tell you my opinion about your "suddenly fall in love" accident. I will say sorry in advance, just in case. My opinion may hurt you a little.

You felt excited when you met her in person, didn't you? Since her figure is beyond your expectation, that's natural if you think so. That is what we call mood swings. You can't think straight, because she looks "my gosh, so perfect" and it makes your brain dead for a moment. I advise you should wait for a while, at least 1-2 days. If your feelings towards her still lingering inside your heart, then you are 100% fall in love.

For now, just wait. Chill, she won't go anywhere. Probably.
Feb 11, 2016 5:27 AM

Oct 2012
Dusk said:

The worst part is this girl is someone I met... On MAL....

so did you meet her IRL or just on MAL?
fadesFeb 11, 2016 5:39 AM

Feb 11, 2016 5:36 AM

Sep 2015
Moniisek said:
Dusk said:

The worst part is this girl is someone I met... On MAL....

so did you meet her IRL or just on MAL?
That's the worst part. She doesn't even live in the same country as me... Why has this happened to me. >____>

ask for discord server
Feb 11, 2016 5:39 AM
Jul 2018
I don't care what you do or anyone else does dating or otherwise online. Personally it's not for me because it just adds another complication to a new relationship. It lacks a certain intimacy that dating someone in person provides. Now that changes if said person is in driving distance, even so online dating isn't my bag.
Feb 11, 2016 6:00 AM
Jul 2018
Dusk said:
That's the worst part. She doesn't even live in the same country as me... Why has this happened to me. >____>
lol wait. I didn't expect that people can fall in love with chatting without meeting irl. Man, I seriously made a big mistake. My bad, my bad.
Feb 11, 2016 6:10 AM

Dec 2015
@Dusk I have tried internet dating in the past. She lived in USA and I have lived in Hong Kong. I managed to keep a strong relationship for about 1 year~. I thought it was a great way to get a gf and escape from reality. But now I think about it, I think I was a pathetic loser. Don't internet date, really. The love, the feeling will all feel great but after she moves on, you will realize how pathetic you were to date someone online...
I am not saying it's not good to date someone online but make sure she really is a girl not just a fat 80 year old man who is jerking off behind his computer while talking to you. Also falling in love after first meet online is fine, it's natural to have feelings for someone this early but don't get cat fished.
In my opinion, internet dating is perfectly fine but it kinda ruins your moral standard. If your friends or parents find out, they really will think you are a loser and trust me you don't want any of your irl to find out that you have a gf on the internet.
Feb 11, 2016 6:13 AM

Sep 2015
pLiED said:
@Dusk I have tried internet dating in the past. She lived in USA and I have lived in Hong Kong. I managed to keep a strong relationship for about 1 year~. I thought it was a great way to get a gf and escape from reality. But now I think about it, I think I was a pathetic loser. Don't internet date, really. The love, the feeling will all feel great but after she moves on, you will realize how pathetic you were to date someone online...
I am not saying it's not good to date someone online but make sure she really is a girl not just a fat 80 year old man who is jerking off behind his computer while talking to you. Also falling in love after first meet online is fine, it's natural to have feelings for someone this early but don't get cat fished.
In my opinion, internet dating is perfectly fine but it kinda ruins your moral standard. If your friends or parents find out, they really will think you are a loser and trust me you don't want any of your irl to find out that you have a gf on the internet.
I have online dated too, my last online relationship lasted 21 months, and we met up and almost got married, before shit went hellbound. I know what it's like to date online, and after my last online relationship, I swore I'd never do it again. But now, this has happened, and I hate myself.

ask for discord server
Feb 11, 2016 6:15 AM

Jan 2012
Well, that's certainly something. I don't see anything wrong with Online dating, though don't you need to wait for the girl to accept first or are you both already past that bit? Either way, I bid you good luck lol.
Feb 11, 2016 6:18 AM

Dec 2015
Dusk said:
pLiED said:
I have online dated too, my last online relationship lasted 21 months, and we met up and almost got married, before shit went hellbound. I know what it's like to date online, and after my last online relationship, I swore I'd never do it again. But now, this has happened, and I hate myself.

Nice to hear that I am not the only one who almost fell into another online relationship! Just think about all the hawt girls in your class who you can date! Think what you can get for them for there valentines! That should really take your minds off from internet dating. OR IF THAT DOESN'T WORK, then just imagine the girl who you fell in love with recently as to be a fat ugly girl or super old pedo man. That should really put you off from internet dating.
Feb 11, 2016 6:19 AM
Jun 2014
How can you love someone who you've never met in real life? Do you even know what she looks like?
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Feb 11, 2016 6:22 AM

Sep 2015
Sexymofo said:
How can you love someone who you've never met in real life? Do you even know what she looks like?
You're asking a question that I wish I could answer myself, Sexymofo, sir. And of course I know what she looks like, don't be silly.

ask for discord server
Feb 11, 2016 6:24 AM

Apr 2015
I think love just happens. Actively searching in the forefront of your daily life mostly ends up in discontent or an untrue relationship. Doesn't matter where it happens but I would find online dating (dating sites specifically) to be quiet forced relationships, and with the average online dating site user spending something like $250, it aint worth it.

If its something like eHarmony then yeah I don't like it. But anywhere else is like a social gathering but digital, so I don't mind that.

Feb 11, 2016 6:35 AM

May 2015
OP, you were subconsciously looking for someone on MAL. If you look closely, you most likely only talk to girls on MAL. Now that you have found someone on MAL you are confused because you thought your ideals were set in stone. Good luck though with that, one of you will get bored eventually.
Vishnu was trying to persuade the prince to do his duty, so to impress him he took on his multi armed form and said now I become death, the destroyer of worlds.
Feb 11, 2016 6:36 AM
Jun 2014
Dusk said:
Sexymofo said:
You're asking a question that I wish I could answer myself, Sexymofo, sir. And of course I know what she looks like, don't be silly.

I hope you two live in the same country at least
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Feb 11, 2016 6:39 AM
Jul 2018
Sexymofo said:
Dusk said:

But they don't live in the same country.
Feb 11, 2016 6:39 AM

Sep 2015
TakeTheL said:
OP, you were subconsciously looking for someone on MAL. If you look closely, you most likely only talk to girls on MAL. Now that you have found someone on MAL you are confused because you thought your ideals were set in stone. Good luck though with that, one of you will get bored eventually.
I've never started a conversation on MAL sir. All my conversations have been started by someone else. Sorry but your theory is blown out the window.

Sexymofo said:
Dusk said:

... *ahem* ....

ask for discord server
Feb 11, 2016 6:57 AM

Sep 2014
First and foremost, is this girl aware of your fweelings or not OP?

Dusk said:
Also, why are you against online dating? (if you are)

I'm not, never have been. I've never been interested in "dating sites" or actively trying to find a partner online before mind you. But love can happen anywhere, even when you aren't actively seeking it.

Why do you think online dating is good? (if you do)

Like everything else, it can have its pros and cons; there's always still that caution you need to remain aware of when it comes to meeting peoples online, but as long as you aren't an idiot and use common sense, there isn't really that much more danger in "online dating" than "regular/offline dating".

One of the main "pros" is having a higher chance of meeting like-minded people since the internet is a much vaster community. But that can also be a "con" in itself since there's a good chance the person will be from a different country to your own.
That's not to say it can't work with time, effort and dedication, and I honestly think relationships such as that have a much better chance of actually lasting if distance isn't a concern to either party. Initially falling for personality rather than physical appearance is another bonus, but of course, many people exhibit different "personas" to the one they have in real life. If someone falls for a façade, then as cynical as it may sound, it's pretty much 100% guaranteed to fall apart.
Feb 11, 2016 7:30 AM

Sep 2015
SnugglyWhuggly said:
Nope. Is that a bad thing? : Izzzzzzzz

ask for discord server
Feb 11, 2016 7:50 AM

May 2015
Dusk said:
TakeTheL said:
I've never started a conversation on MAL sir. All my conversations have been started by someone else. Sorry but your theory is blown out the window.

Sexymofo said:

... *ahem* ....

You just started this thread as a means of conversation.... are you an idiot?
Vishnu was trying to persuade the prince to do his duty, so to impress him he took on his multi armed form and said now I become death, the destroyer of worlds.
Feb 11, 2016 7:59 AM

Sep 2014
Dusk said:
SnugglyWhuggly said:

Not necessarily... But she's going to figure it out now anyhow if she comes across this thread.
Feb 11, 2016 8:04 AM

Sep 2015
SnugglyWhuggly said:
Dusk said:

Not necessarily... But she's going to figure it out now anyhow if she comes across this thread.
It could be any one of the people I talk to though hehe

ask for discord server
Feb 11, 2016 8:08 AM

May 2014
Dusk said:
SnugglyWhuggly said:

Well your comments seem to be split between two people and you already said one of them wasnt it so uh..doesnt take a genius to figure it out.

Ot; As for online dating, I barely have interest in real life dating so eh, I want to be able to do what I'm interested in like film and have fun, dating feels like a compromise.
I've been here way too long...
Feb 11, 2016 8:15 AM

Jun 2015
I don't see what's wrong with online dating, especially if you have troubles meeting someone on street or in nightclubs or wherever.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Feb 11, 2016 8:21 AM

Apr 2010
TheConquerer said:
Well your comments seem to be split between two people and you already said one of them wasnt it so uh..doesnt take a genius to figure it out.

A quick look at his profile and you already have 2 major "suspects" lol

Anyway...it will be pretty awkward once the girl you like, sees this thread.

Good luck though! Break the ice, and tell baby girl how you feel about it. Who knows...maybe she likes you as well.
Feb 11, 2016 8:25 AM

Sep 2015
TheConquerer said:
Dusk said:

That's funny, since it's neither of those people and it's pretty vain to think I only talk to people from MAL on MAL

So much conclusion jumping going on here. To put into perspective, 30 of my Skype contacts are people from MAL, and I just counted that 19 of them are females, not to mention the amount of MAL users there are on Discord, which I also use, and about 10 people I talk to on PM. Plus there are 3 MAL Skype groups I use. Please don't point fingers, lol.
psilencedFeb 11, 2016 8:31 AM

ask for discord server
Feb 11, 2016 8:32 AM
Sep 2014
I'm against online dating because ppl usually get the wrong image of each other and once they meet in RL this image breaks and so does everything you ever hoped for.
Feb 11, 2016 8:37 AM

Nov 2015
Amazing. Incredible. Where's that guy who makes youtube videos out of ridiculous threads? We need to get him in here, this is a gold mine.
Feb 11, 2016 8:39 AM

Sep 2015
NasalShark said:
Amazing. Incredible. Where's that guy who makes youtube videos out of ridiculous threads? We need to get him in here, this is a gold mine.
I saw those videos, they're actually really shit, and he should be ashamed. But I'm always open to any kind of fame. ;D

ask for discord server
Feb 11, 2016 8:44 AM

Nov 2015
Dusk said:
I saw those videos, they're actually really shit, and he should be ashamed. But I'm always open to any kind of fame. ;D

I have three questions and a request.
Question 1. How much do you love them, on a scale of 1 to 10?
Question 2. How long have you known this person before you fell in love with them?
Question 3. Have they shown any feelings towards you or returned any advances in any way?
Request. Pls don't fall in love with me.
Feb 11, 2016 8:45 AM

May 2014
Dusk said:
TheConquerer said:

That's funny, since it's neither of those people and it's pretty vain to think I only talk to people from MAL on MAL

I was thinking more along the lines of it being the most logical approach to make but alrighty I wont rustle your jimmies pal
I've been here way too long...
Feb 11, 2016 8:48 AM

Sep 2015
NasalShark said:
Dusk said:

I have three questions and a request.
Question 1. How much do you love them, on a scale of 1 to 10?
Question 2. How long have you known this person before you fell in love with them?
Question 3. Have they shown any feelings towards you or returned any advances in any way?
Request. Pls don't fall in love with me.

Q1: Hmm, it's not too deep, but it was enough to catch me by surprise. I'm an emotional person in general, so I kinda "love" all my friends, so for this person in particular, I'd say I love her on about a 7/10, keeping in mind it's only newfound.

Q2: Let's see.... If memory serves correctly, we have been exchanging messages and having calls for the past 2 months. I don't know what happened to make me suddenly change how I feel.

Q3: Yes.

Request: Sorry bby, too late. I'm coming for that booty.

ask for discord server
Feb 11, 2016 8:52 AM

Nov 2015
Dusk said:

Q1: Hmm, it's not too deep, but it was enough to catch me by surprise. I'm an emotional person in general, so I kinda "love" all my friends, so for this person in particular, I'd say I love her on about a 7/10, keeping in mind it's only newfound.

Q2: Let's see.... If memory serves correctly, we have been exchanging messages and having calls for the past 2 months. I don't know what happened to make me suddenly change how I feel.

Q3: Yes.

Request: Sorry bby, too late. I'm coming for that booty.

Considering 10 is the most love a person can love 7 is alot and if she's recipricating then I don't see what the issue is. Infact you've probably created a problem, your feelings towards me are going to get inbetween you and your new love. Curse my attractiveness!
Feb 11, 2016 8:54 AM

Sep 2015
NasalShark said:
Considering 10 is the most love a person can love 7 is alot and if she's recipricating then I don't see what the issue is. Infact you've probably created a problem, your feelings towards me are going to get inbetween you and your new love. Curse my attractiveness!
The problem is probably that I really don't want to date anyone, but I'm probably going to end up doing so anyway, I let my cold heart slip and fall for someone.

But... I mean, if you're willing then I think we can arrange something. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ask for discord server
Feb 11, 2016 8:58 AM

Nov 2015
Dusk said:
The problem is probably that I really don't want to date anyone, but I'm probably going to end up doing so anyway, I let my cold heart slip and fall for someone.

But... I mean, if you're willing then I think we can arrange something. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No Dusk, it's wrong. We can never be together, you know that. Not as long as you feel this way about another. I can't get between you and the mystery woman. I'm sorry.

But seriously though where does she live? Is it out of the question to turn an online relationship into something more?
Feb 11, 2016 9:01 AM

Jun 2015
Online dating isn't necessarily good or bad.
If you actually form a meaningful relationship with the person it should be fine.

The problem is a lot of the time the relationship is one sided or rushed.
It's easy to convince yourself you are in love, that's for sure.

Feb 11, 2016 9:03 AM

Sep 2015
NasalShark said:
But seriously though where does she live? Is it out of the question to turn an online relationship into something more?
I can't answer that it's too specific.

The thing is even recently in real life, I had a great girl who I really liked (to some degree) approach me and directly ask me to be her boyfriend, and I turned her down, because I simply do not want to be in a relationship because I'm so over them, but for that reason I've always kept my guard up around girls, but somehow in this instance, it must have slipped. :x

ask for discord server
Feb 11, 2016 9:08 AM

Nov 2015
Dusk said:
NasalShark said:
I can't answer that it's too specific.

The thing is even recently in real life, I had a great girl who I really liked (to some degree) approach me and directly ask me to be her boyfriend, and I turned her down, because I simply do not want to be in a relationship because I'm so over them, but for that reason I've always kept my guard up around girls, but somehow in this instance, it must have slipped. :x

...Turned down a great girl you liked... because you're "over" relationships...

Feb 11, 2016 9:09 AM

Jun 2011
Dusk said:
I'd rather stick shattered glass up my ass than date online again.

And no... I'm not kidding.

But if it works for you, then go crazy fam.
I can do the honours for you, if you want. It'll only hurt at first though.

OT: Like I said in another thread, I'm not against online dating though extra caution is necessary because of the risks that come with it. Long distance relationships carry that issue in particular because commitment from either party can also be questionable. Assuming that they can remain faithful despite all the physical barriers, the two genuinely like each other and aren't hiding things from each other, then I have nothing against them at all. I'm no expert in relationships or anything but if love like that does happen then you're powerless against it. Unless you're a cold-blooded shape shifting lizard like me, that is.

codephat said:
Online dating isn't necessarily good or bad.
If you actually form a meaningful relationship with the person it should be fine.

The problem is a lot of the time the relationship is one sided or rushed.
It's easy to convince yourself you are in love, that's for sure.
This basically sums up my thoughts in a more coherent manner.

Feb 11, 2016 9:10 AM

Mar 2012
It only works because you're Australian, this site is full of thirsty Aussies.

Yes, I am CD 2.0's overlord.
Feb 11, 2016 9:17 AM
Apr 2013
well you know, most online love stories I've heard of ended pretty badly

(same as irl ones tbh, lol)
Feb 11, 2016 9:18 AM

Sep 2015
Cat said:
Hello, I am from OnlineDatingServices.org and after hearing many requests, I have decided to come to the aid. As someone who strongly promotes online dating (づ-🐽-)づ(づ-🐽-)づ There are SO MANY perks of being involved in this type of relationship! I strongly advise that YOU, OP to man the fuck up and take control of your own destiny. Do NOT let anyone else besides you decide YOUR LOVE life. You, my friend, need to be in full control. The KEY 🔑 to MORE SUCCESS. The DOORS to love were CLOSED, but you need to take this GODDAMN KEY 🔑 and OPEN that door. RIP those fucking HINGES OFF, and put them in the FUCCBOIS hands. (づ-🐽-)づ🔑(づ-🐽-)づ
I think you covered a whole lot of nothing there, but thanks for your contribution. PS. I'm a kawaii gamer girl. c:

Solos said:
I can do the honours for you, if you want. It'll only hurt at first though.
It would be my greatest honour. Where do I sign up?

Lue said:
It only works because you're Australian, this site is full of thirsty Aussies.
Did someone spill the salt?

ask for discord server
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

68 by -Jahra »»
2 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Apr 25

21 by rohan121 »»
55 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

31 by cody »»
2 hours ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

30 by rohan121 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - Today

16 by traed »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.