Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 10, 2016 4:02 AM

Dec 2015
Internet dating is becoming a quite a thing now days since there are more internet users everyday. However, do you think dating someone through internet is a right thing to do? What is your opinion?

Do you think Internet dating is dangerous?

Do you think Internet dating is good?

Would you date someone on the Internet?

Have you ever dated someone on the Internet? Tell us about your experience.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 10, 2016 4:07 AM

Nov 2015
Aslong as both parties are actually who they say they are and not a creepy guy pretending to be a girl, I'm okay with it. Hell, if two people can grow to like eachother on personality alone they probably stand a better chance imo.
Feb 10, 2016 4:09 AM

Jul 2013
If it's not irl it's pretty lame. Unless role play can suffice which i don't think it can.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Feb 10, 2016 4:49 AM
Jul 2018
If I am not mistaken, there are some CD regulars who have cyber relationship. How about you ask them personally?
Feb 10, 2016 5:00 AM

Mar 2008
There is nothing wrong with it but being far away from someone if you love them can be difficult.
Feb 10, 2016 5:02 AM
Jul 2018
I would totally date my internet if I could.

It's not exactly the fastest out there,but it never lets me down.
Feb 10, 2016 5:09 AM

Nov 2015
Sounds way too hard. Dating is already hard enough, but ive heard about it working out for some people.
Feb 10, 2016 5:46 AM

Jun 2014
DejWo said:

I would definitely not date my internet

• Its dishonest (it says its going a lot faster than it actually does)
  • its unreliable and always letting me down (Constantly drops out)
  • Its clingy and seems desperate (It connects automatically to every device in range)
  • And worst of all I think it likes my sister more than me.
Feb 10, 2016 6:07 AM

Dec 2015
Dawn said:
DejWo said:

I would definitely not date my internet

• Its dishonest (it says its going a lot faster than it actually does)
  • its unreliable and always letting me down (Constantly drops out)
  • Its clingy and seems desperate (It connects automatically to every device in range)
  • And worst of all I think it likes my sister more than me.

Post that word plays with my OP makes me wanna.....
Feb 10, 2016 6:14 AM

Jun 2015
It can be.

Nope.

Nope.

Yep. It was stupid.

Too many hentais out there are after my loli body. : I
Feb 10, 2016 6:19 AM

May 2011
I think internet dating is okay without the intention of trying to date in the first place
Feb 10, 2016 6:55 AM

Nov 2015
I have some friends who met their S/O online.

It's cool but you have to make sure that, that person has no bad intention to you and doesn't have any mental problem or abusive tendencies.
For salty fans
Feb 10, 2016 7:39 AM

Jan 2016
i never did it, i mean, theres people all over the fucking planet, i chatted a few times while drunk but it was boring. i saw a documentary called "Talhotblond" a few years ago and it was creepy as hell, so no.
Feb 10, 2016 7:46 AM

Mar 2012
You meant MyAustralianDating.net? Because the only ones I see using this site as a dating one are Australians.

Yes, I am CD 2.0's overlord.
Feb 10, 2016 7:57 AM

Jan 2014
I'm not that convinced about "Internet Dating", but still, it should be better than "Bar/Disco Dating".
The writer who penned Clashing Feelings. You can buy the light novel on Amazon.
Feb 10, 2016 8:00 AM

Dec 2014
I don't really care about it that much.
Feb 10, 2016 8:08 AM

Dec 2015
My bf and I met through a facebook group. Although, we lived in the same area already.

Nothing wrong with online dating, you just have to know what to look out for.

I was stupid in high school and ended up getting stalked by two different guys online. One found my address and I had to call the popo (gawd weird shit has happened to me).
Banner credit to @turnip
Feb 10, 2016 8:17 AM

Feb 2013
I dont know, but I agree that i cant be quite difficult, i guess in the end it all depend on how serious about the dating are the two persons.

Feb 10, 2016 8:23 AM

May 2015
It's the only way I could ever get a date, so I like it. It helps people who aren't very comfortable talking in real life to find others like them, and that's a good thing.
Feb 10, 2016 8:28 AM

Apr 2008
It has its risks for sure, but dating is all about risks anyway. Personally, I wouldn't do it, but I have nothing against people who do.

You are afraid to die, and you're afraid to live. What a way to exist.
Neale Donald Walsch

Feb 10, 2016 8:29 AM

Sep 2014
It's a bad idea. You'll develop genuine feelings for the person, but in reality, you'll likely never meet to do stuff with each other. So it'd become a really sad and depressing thing.
Feb 10, 2016 8:40 AM

Dec 2013
Rarely works, it's not right or wrong just a waste of time. Just go to a club or sumthn
Feb 10, 2016 8:43 AM

Apr 2015
DAIO said:
It's a bad idea. You'll develop genuine feelings for the person, but in reality, you'll likely never meet to do stuff with each other. So it'd become a really sad and depressing thing.

I can totally relate this to my real life. Happens multiple times.

regret most of it, honestly.
I cant say its bad, but 99.9% of the cases, do not work. I think.
Better be safe than hurt, do not even attempt to do it in the first place.

But I know that the heart is hard to control <3
Feb 10, 2016 8:48 AM

Dec 2013
_Claire_ said:
DAIO said:

Not necessarily, if you'd go back to the 18th 19th century a lot of poets dedicated love letters to women or muses they would never meet, directly citing the fact if they met their love it would get tainted.
Feb 10, 2016 8:50 AM

Apr 2015
MrHawkeye said:
_Claire_ said:

Not necessarily, if you'd go back to the 18th 19th century a lot of poets dedicated love letters to women or muses they would never meet, directly citing the fact if they met their love it would get tainted.

Please, I have gone through this online stupid dating a couple of times
and I know that its just an empty hope.
I seriously believe that what happened was an illusion and never happened anyway.

If you are only playing, then do online dating. If you are serious, just look for a real life one.
Feb 10, 2016 9:05 AM

Jan 2016
I don't judge it as something bad, but at least I would probably never do it and I haven't even thought about that possibility before.
Feb 10, 2016 9:39 AM

Dec 2013
_Claire_ said:
MrHawkeye said:

I seriously believe that what happened was an illusion and never happened anyway.

If you are only playing, then do online dating. If you are serious, just look for a real life one.

If we assume that there are many definitions of romance, empirical evidence falls flat.
MrHawkyFeb 10, 2016 9:56 AM
Feb 10, 2016 9:52 AM

Feb 2013
Huh, one of my friends has recently begun a relationship with a girl on steam. He's claimed to have spoken with her on skype via Video Calls multiple times and both of them have promised numerous times to meet.

So far i have my doubts on it working. While i've seen Online dating have sub-par results (my dad found a girlfriend online for which he had a very healthy relationship with for 2 years)

But that's the thing i think Online sites like Zoosk are fine, cause that's the point of them, they're made for online relationships. but in the case of my friend who has met this girl over Steam; Makes me question the legitimacy of that manner of Online Contact.(of course i wish the best for him) but i have my doubts.
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Feb 10, 2016 10:08 AM

Apr 2015
MrHawkeye said:
_Claire_ said:

If we assume that there are many definitions of romance, empirical evidence falls flat.

I played MMORPG a lot, and online dating happens everywhere.

Anyway, it does not matter. I have no intention on indulging whether "online dating is good or not" problem. I have had enough share of personal experiences to know it will not work (for me) ever.
Feb 10, 2016 10:13 AM

Aug 2015
I would never date anybody on the internet if I can't meet them in real life. Plus I'd only start dating them after meeting them in real life at least once.
MircallaMorriganFeb 11, 2016 7:40 AM
Feb 10, 2016 10:18 AM

Dec 2013
_Claire_ said:
MrHawkeye said:

Anyway, it does not matter. I have no intention on indulging whether "online dating is good or not" problem. I have had enough share of personal experiences to know it will not work (for me) ever.

With all due respect it doesn't matter whether it's good or not, I'm just saying that ''meeting up'' ''getting married'' ''going on a date'' isn't the absolute goal of online dating, it's possible to keep it in 'perpetual check' a game that lasts forever the person participating could argue that ''I enjoy the feeling of loving my idea of you, instead of loving the real you'' while it might be weird and it might be the result of cowardice I think we can agree that it's neither good or bad.

No one cares about whether or not it will work for you.
Feb 10, 2016 10:20 AM

Apr 2015
MrHawkeye said:
_Claire_ said:

With all due respect it doesn't matter whether it's good or not, I'm just saying that ''meeting up'' ''getting married'' ''going on a date'' isn't the absolute goal of online dating, it's possible to keep it in 'perpetual check' a game that lasts forever the person participating could argue that ''I enjoy the feeling of loving my idea of you, instead of loving the real you'' while it might be weird and it might be the result of cowardice I think we can agree that it's neither good or bad.

No one cares about whether or not it will work for you.

D: It is kinda harsh for you to say something like that~

But yeah as you say. True.
Feb 10, 2016 10:26 AM

Jan 2014
I met my current GF through a dating site. I think it's fine but it's really hard for guys, I had an account for 3 months and only went on dates with 2 girls, only 1 girl other than those 2 actually messaged me back. She showed me her account 1 day and she was getting like 15 messages a day, it's insane.

The only girls I went on a date with messaged me first. So guys just make your account and wait for them to message you, you'll never get anywhere trying to find someone.

Girls I'd say be cautious, just reading some of the messages that people sent to my GF showed me how creepy most dudes are, I thought girls just exaggerated that stuff.
Feb 10, 2016 10:30 AM

Jul 2009
Even when you are serious about someone, they are not. Dating online is just a game for most of the people. (not talking about dating sites) Personal experience is the hard way to learn that online dating is a mistake. Simply no, never again.
Feb 10, 2016 10:30 AM
Jul 2018
Been in a relationship for over a year now with someone I met online. We've met in person on a few rare occasions. He's just who he always said he was, and he's wonderful. I think they can work. But you have to be willing to wait and willing to get through the struggles that come with long distance. It's definitely a harder way to date, but not a hopeless way.
Feb 10, 2016 10:35 AM

Sep 2015
I'd rather stick shattered glass up my ass than date online again.

And no... I'm not kidding.

But if it works for you, then go crazy fam.

A pair of eyes appear disguised,
I take flight and stay high in paradise,
With bad luck, snake eyes, a pair of dice.
I'm paralyzed, she speaks twice, a pair of lies,
It's parallel, apparent hell of parasites.
ask for discord server
Feb 10, 2016 1:05 PM

Feb 2016
Personally, I wouldn't do it unless I felt deep within the chasms of my soul that that dude could be the one. I'm just way too "wanting of cuddles" to date online.

But if it works for other people, then hey, that's awesomesauce.
Feb 10, 2016 1:09 PM

May 2015

How could dating through the internet be dangerous?? XD

No, but it is fun and a good time waster.

For a good time waster, yes. It is just fun until you get bored of them then you have to dip out, feelsbadman
Vishnu was trying to persuade the prince to do his duty, so to impress him he took on his multi armed form and said now I become death, the destroyer of worlds.
Feb 10, 2016 1:17 PM

Oct 2012
It does have its risks. You might end up meeting with someone very creepy or stalker-like. Or, you might get catfished. Depending on what happens, it can really negatively impact someone if they don't get what they expected. You can also get doxxed pretty easily if you aren't careful about your personal information. Once some nasty stalker gets a hold of that you have to do something to stop it.

It certainly made it easier to date others, so it's good in that sense. It's not nearly the same as irl dating though. If you can date someone irl definitely pick that over the internet. Also, it sounds really shallow for me to say this, but I feel that the reason most people even bother with Internet dating is to get their nudes. There are a lot of attention-seeking whores out there. ._.

I can't take online relationships seriously, so no.

Have you ever dated someone on the Internet?
I have. It's mostly just an excuse to have some cyber fun with females kek. :~)
Feb 10, 2016 1:24 PM
Jul 2018
Holy shit.

From experience, it's better if you don't even think about it. Never date anyone online because it's just wrong.
Feb 10, 2016 1:51 PM

Aug 2009
Dating regularly is already a minefield, dating online is like diving into a tank full of sharks. What your looking for probably isn't worth the time or the risk.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Feb 10, 2016 2:39 PM

Feb 2014
Sounds lame stuff to me , not even worth it.
Feb 10, 2016 3:14 PM

Mar 2012
I thought this thread was going to be about online dating (ie. setting up real life dates via. the internet), not "dating" someone over the internet. I wouldn't consider that dating in the first place. I don't know what I would consider it; a scandalous and bizarre form of online friendship, I guess?
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Feb 10, 2016 3:30 PM

Sep 2015
It's harder to pull off (especially if the two of you live far away) but it's worth it in the end.
I mean, if you can get through the hardships of having a long-distance relationship then it's likely the relationship will last in the long run.

One of my best friends has been in a long distance relationship for a little over two years now, and it's going strong for them. They've had their share of issues but it's made them stronger for it.

It isn't for me personally, though.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Feb 10, 2016 3:33 PM

Jul 2012
yea

depends

no

Have you ever dated someone on the Internet?
no
Feb 10, 2016 3:46 PM

Jun 2015
it's more dangerous than regular dating

i dunno, maybe

i...is that a request? <//////////>

nope
Feb 10, 2016 4:52 PM

Dec 2010
been there done that and it fucking sucked, 0/10 don't do it unless you want your heart to be torched and burned until it's dust

Feb 10, 2016 6:18 PM

Apr 2015
Online dating seems sad. Even when physical distance isn't an issue, I still feel like there will be a disconnection between the two due to preconceived notions of what it would be like when they finally did meet.

But to each their own, if it makes them happy for a little while than I don't really see it as a bad thing. Just kind of empty and fruitless most of the time.

Feb 10, 2016 7:01 PM
Jul 2018
Not this shit again.
Go out and meet people.
Internet dating doesn't work.
Feb 10, 2016 8:36 PM
Feb 2014
The profiles on Internet dating sites are 100% bluepilled and completely detached from reality.

Then again I'm not single so why do I care e.e
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you live with regrets?

Lightskynight - Apr 18

17 by DoctorWasabi »»
31 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

683 by Jozuwa-_- »»
34 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

50 by DoctorWasabi »»
47 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

69 by DoctorWasabi »»
1 hour ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

47 by Zhenro »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.