Forum Settings
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jan 29, 2015 7:36 AM

Jan 2015
Darklight0303 said:
GeneralEsdeath said:

Well that's what one would assume when handling a poisoned blade.

If it wasn't a rushed anime only, they could have made a flashback of her accidentally cutting herself once and discovering a powerup...or maybe say you have to cut yourself specifically in the neck. Or a flashback of Gozuki explaining to Akame about a trump card it had, but saying it's a one time deal or something Or showing how Gozuki killed himself by using it....There's a bunch of ways for the manga to go about explaining this, I feel. But for the anime...because it was rushed, I thought it was still a good idea for a trump card, and for the anime only part, this was definitely the least of the problems.

I feel like that Lubba hinted that it was too dangerous to use so it's probably a one time thing.

I sincerely doubt Lubba would leak even a little hint about his allies ability to save his own skin. He was most likely making it all up to buy time >_>

Well of course.
But, I think the author used that opportunity to foreshadow something about it though.
Jan 29, 2015 7:39 AM

Oct 2014
GeneralEsdeath said:

I loved akame's trump card in the anime even if it was a bit predictable, I mean what kind of trump card would just a sword allow. Had a feeling it would be cutting herself. Made sense.

If it's different in the manga...yay. If not, I still like it.

How she got that powerup in the anime, as Darklight pointed it out, it was bad and didnt make sense.

It wouldve made sense if she actually fused with murasame, with the consequences of dying after using that power.

Jan 29, 2015 12:13 PM

Mar 2012
The capital is surrounded now, wonder if we'll see the Megazord soon lol.
Claude_KennyJan 29, 2015 12:19 PM
Keep moving forward
Jan 29, 2015 12:19 PM

Apr 2008
GenT-san said:
The capital is surrounded now, guess we'll see the Megazord soon huh lol.

Ugh please god no
Jan 29, 2015 1:20 PM

Oct 2014
I would prefer UT have a different design and have ONEST as the one that can use it.

It wasnt believable how the kid emperor(who had no fighting experience) could control it in the anime.

UT should be an armor that Onest wears it but later on Onest gets taken over by the UT.

Jan 29, 2015 3:12 PM

Nov 2012
What a great chapter. Seriously, so much happened... When Mine decided to go against Budo I was like 'OK, now she's finally going to die after a long waving death flag', so the result really surprised me.
Jan 29, 2015 6:47 PM

Aug 2013
Darklight0303 said:
LordPerucho said:

Yeah, It seems that I read a different translation.

Besides, before this chapter there hasnt been any mention of broken teigus being repaired.

Unless that Teigu expect could help Mine(if she wakes up) giving her a new Teigu, a teigu that isnt OP like pumpkin.

Wont mind if its another gun or a weapon with range, as long as its not pinchi again.

As long as that damned deus ex machina plot device doesn't come back

Duuuuuuude, you're being a huge hypocrite right there. A deus ex machima? And what about FUCKING FREEZING TIME? And what about Tatsumi countering out of nowhere FUCKING FREEZING TIME? Then there is that girl who can regenerate super fast, a girl who scratching you with her sword ends up killing you... Haven't you realized yet that this manga is fulllll of deus ex machima and overpowered item (and yes, Pumpkin being one of them)? The only thing that makes if someone win over someone else is the autor mood. So I don't really understand what point you're trying to make while bashing on Pumpkin. And don't tell me : ''Yeah, but it's an item that make her almost invincible!''. Yeah, ''almost'', because ya' know, she lost in the end...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 29, 2015 8:20 PM

Jan 2015
docleader said:
Calling it now final enemy is tatsumi. in the fiinal battle vs esdeath he uses everything and offers his body to incursio wich grants him an insane temporarly power boost and then consumes him turning him into a full blow rampaging beast and akame will be forced to kill him. Ofcourse he will snap out of it right before the finishing blow on akame. Then they get caught offgaurd from esdeath her final ice strike before she dies. Tatsumi jumps infront of akame saving her from the ice shard and still ends up dying in the end.

1 Member left

That's actually pretty interesting. I would add the cause of him snapping out of being consumed is Mine appears reawakened. Or maybe the cause of him wanting this power boost is that Mine wakes up and Esdeath kills her causing Tatsumi to go crazy.
Jan 29, 2015 10:31 PM

Oct 2014
LordPerucho said:
I would prefer UT have a different design and have ONEST as the one that can use it.

It wasnt believable how the kid emperor(who had no fighting experience) could control it in the anime.

UT should be an armor that Onest wears it but later on Onest gets taken over by the UT.

I'm trying to imagine that fatass in a full set of armor xD
Jan 30, 2015 12:14 AM

Jun 2013
And possible anime is shorten version of manga. They skiped and changed some details.
Anyway i still look for manga ending.
Jan 30, 2015 3:39 AM

May 2014
minouneetzoe said:
Darklight0303 said:

Duuuuuuude, you're being a huge hypocrite right there. A deus ex machima? And what about FUCKING FREEZING TIME? And what about Tatsumi countering out of nowhere FUCKING FREEZING TIME? Then there is that girl who can regenerate super fast, a girl who scratching you with her sword ends up killing you... Haven't you realized yet that this manga is fulllll of deus ex machima and overpowered item (and yes, Pumpkin being one of them)? The only thing that makes if someone win over someone else is the autor mood. So I don't really understand what point you're trying to make while bashing on Pumpkin. And don't tell me : ''Yeah, but it's an item that make her almost invincible!''. Yeah, ''almost'', because ya' know, she lost in the end...

TY, atleast someone with a brain.

Although i did not like it how Budou was defeated... i mean, if he really was...

Budou was such a great villian, he even said he would made the change hte Capital.. Hm. He might not be dead
Yes, we may fall but there is something that we can do.... LIVE
Jan 30, 2015 4:03 AM

Apr 2008
minouneetzoe said:
Darklight0303 said:

You know what those teigu have in common that Pumpkin didn't have? Consistency. Pumpkin went from being powered by the danger the user was in to being powered by the user's fucking emotions. That's what made it even more of a deus ex machina than the rest. Changing mechanics mid way just to preserve that pink haired bitch when she should have died three times over by now
Jan 30, 2015 4:16 AM

Jan 2014
Darklight0303 said:
You know what those teigu have in common that Pumpkin didn't have? Consistency. Pumpkin went from being powered by the danger the user was in to being powered by the user's fucking emotions. That's what made it even more of a deus ex machina than the rest. Changing mechanics mid way just to preserve that pink haired bitch when she should have died three times over by now
An ice user--->Revealed Trump Card Freezing Time
Incursio-->Showed tons of upgrades and power ups,countering Esdeath one of those
Susanoo-->Revealed trump card super power up for 3 times
Pumpkin-->Revealed that Mine can manipulate its danger sense with emotions
Kurome-->Teigu using dead bodies,Revealed she wont die suddenly cause of drugs and shit

Can you explain me how any of those are different?You feel like Pumpkin's situation is different and its inconsistent just because of your hatred...Like it or not,mangaka adds new features to Teiguus whenever he feels its necessary...

Just because mangaka didnt give enough information about a Teigu before it doesnt mean its an asspull,if you think its an asspull then all of these are asspull...
LoneWizzyJan 30, 2015 4:25 AM
Jan 30, 2015 4:58 AM

May 2014
Darklight0303 said:
minouneetzoe said:

You are right when Pumpkin got the habilty to powerup his power by the user emotions... But that doesnt mean she is OP... You can just simply "avoid"

Akame - Ups i cut your finger. YYOU DIE

Esdeath - Freeze time.. why? CAUSE I CAN

Leone - You can cut all my body all you want.. but guess what? I CAN REGENERATE ALL AGAIN

And there are others.

So tis means Mein isnt the only one having an OP weapon.
Yes, we may fall but there is something that we can do.... LIVE
Jan 30, 2015 5:24 AM
Jul 2018
There may not be so much hate for pumpkin if it were to have a different owner.

Anyway pumpkin does have its consistency. If you were in a pinch, you will experience different emotions (be it excitement or fear)

If mine has no idea that she is in a pinch (eg, she doesn't know who esdeath and budo is), i doubt pumpkin will have any power up.
Jan 30, 2015 5:28 AM

Jan 2014
ma103 said:

Anyway pumpkin does have its consistency. If you were in a pinch, you will experience different emotions (be it excitement or fear)

If mine has no idea that she is in a pinch (eg, she doesn't know who esdeath and budo is), i doubt pumpkin will have any power up.
This...

How do Pumpkin determines the danger/pinch?Ofc via its user...And danger/pinch is something subjective and changes drastically depending on the person's mood/emotions/thoughts...
Jan 30, 2015 6:48 AM

Oct 2014
ryanstrike said:
And possible anime is shorten version of manga. They skiped and changed some details.

After Seryus death you could tell the remaining episodes were done at the last min just to test the waters what would work and what wouldnt.

Since Mines death caused such an unexpected shitstorm(not only in this forum) in other anime forums/FB/YT, this made Takahiro change his mind.

Knight-Artorias said:

I'm trying to imagine that fatass in a full set of armor xD

He would become like Dr Robotnik after he had all of the Chaos Emeralds

Jan 30, 2015 6:50 AM

Apr 2008
LordPerucho said:
ryanstrike said:

Since Mines death caused such an unexpected shitstorm(not only in this forum) in other anime forums/FB/YT, this made Takahiro change his mind.

Which makes him a freakin coward
Jan 30, 2015 6:51 AM

Jan 2014
LordPerucho said:
But the problem was not the fact that Mine died,it was the "cause" of her death...And it didnt change...

Darklight0303 said:
LordPerucho said:

Which makes him a freakin coward
ahaha yea,Takahiro and R.R.Martin are the biggest cowards on Earth...Thanks for lols as usual :S
Jan 30, 2015 6:57 AM

Jan 2008
LordPerucho said:

Yes, because that was the reason behind it... Jesus Christ, what am I reading?
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Jan 30, 2015 7:14 AM

Jan 2015
Pumpkin became extra powerful because of her feelings for tatsumi, something mine never used with pumpkin before. It was hinted that it'd become stronger because of her feelings for tatsumi at the end of the seryu fight

And the damn thing broke because it overexceeded it's limits so why are you people complaining about pumpkin being OP? Everything made sense.
Jan 30, 2015 7:46 AM

Oct 2014
The fact the anime never mentioned the reason of Mine passing out like the manga did, I agree, LoneyWizard,, the viewers were confused how Mine died.

Darklight, it was just a brilliant decision by Takahiro leaving Mine in a comma, it convinces the Mine fans to keep reading the manga until the end instead of dropping it and never picking it up again.

Jan 30, 2015 9:37 AM

Apr 2008
LordPerucho said:
The fact the anime never mentioned the reason of Mine passing out like the manga did, I agree, LoneyWizard,, the viewers were confused how Mine died.

Darklight, it was just a brilliant decision by Takahiro leaving Mine in a comma, it convinces the Mine fans to keep reading the manga until the end instead of dropping it and never picking it up again.

It's cowardice in following his true story and letting the fandom shape it, a decisions that has destroyed better series in the past. THe moment you let Fandom dictate your moves is the moment your story crashes and burns
Jan 30, 2015 9:56 AM

Oct 2014
Also what happened to Esdeath's "army" again?
Jan 30, 2015 1:49 PM
Jul 2018
Takahiro is a coward?? The same guy who has the balls to kill off tons of protagonists?
I am done with this irrational hater lol

Her death will only make the story 'better' for haters and not necessary for the general readers. Mine should die in place of sheele? How on earth does sheele and her teigu is going to deal with budo's lightning blast?
Jan 30, 2015 1:51 PM

Apr 2008
ma103 said:
Takahiro is a coward?? The same guy who has the balls to kill off tons of protagonists?
I am done with this irrational hater lol

Her death will only make the story 'better' for haters and not necessary for the general readers. Mine should die in place of sheele? How on earth does sheele and her teigu is going to deal with budo's lightning blast?

Yes he is a coward. All of those deaths so far proved otherwise yet when it came to killing the pink bimbo who hijacked the series and plot he pussied out cause of the noisy fan. I have no respect for an author that is swayed by his fandom when telling a story.

If Mine wasn't alive Tatsumi would not have been captured at all. hell even Lubock would be alive. So your argument about her being crucial to defeating Budou falls apart when they would not have been in this disadvantageous battle to begin with if Tatsumi didn't have to rush back and save her ass which made him leave Suzuka supposedly for dead under the rubble which only led to her surviving and revealing his identity to Shura who could set up that trap. So no. Her beating Budou doesn't prove jack shit.
Jan 30, 2015 3:30 PM

Oct 2014
Yet AGK in its first week of release in the USA they hit the number 1 spot in NY times best seller list?

http://www.nytimes.com/best-sellers-books/2015-02-08/manga/list.html

Jan 30, 2015 3:56 PM

Apr 2008
LordPerucho said:
Yet AGK in its first week of release in the USA they hit the number 1 spot in NY times best seller list?

http://www.nytimes.com/best-sellers-books/2015-02-08/manga/list.html

First week. Before it went to shit and he started backpedaling because the fandumbs got upset their precious bint got offed.
Jan 30, 2015 4:07 PM

Oct 2014
Some say killing Mine would feel too cliche just because she is the MCs love interest.

AGK is supposed to be series like a complete opposite to the likes of...Fairy Tail.

American fans like Mine more than the japs for the looks of it.

Most fans in FB, YT, mangahere, mangafox, kissmanga, etc said they wouldve dropped the series good(like the anime) if Mine died...

Jan 30, 2015 4:18 PM

Oct 2014
^ You can't please everyone no matter what you do... Which is why stories like these where the possibilities are endless tend to divide the community. The characters could've died in a completely random order and people would still be pissed off. Many are here just to find out how this ends... I'll give the series this much... once it has a hold on you, it never lets go.
Jan 30, 2015 4:51 PM

Jan 2015
LordPerucho said:
Some say killing Mine would feel too cliche just because she is the MCs love interest.

AGK is supposed to be series like a complete opposite to the likes of...Fairy Tail.

Most fans in FB, YT, mangahere, mangafox, kissmanga, etc said they wouldve dropped the series good(like the anime) if Mine died...

Mine is pretty popular. She was number 3 in the fan poll for favorite character in agk in japan
Jan 30, 2015 5:20 PM

May 2013
That solid punch on Esdeath and Budo though. Tatsumi proved something there.
That last attack of Mine was splendid. Budo is finally beaten at the cost of Pumpkin.
I don't know if Mine is blind or dead, but I hope that she's not dead even though I see some hints.
Jan 30, 2015 5:23 PM

Nov 2012
Mine died/a vegetable/in a coma.

Whatever don't even care,lost all interest in this ever since the anime ended (even though the anime and manga were different).

Now just reading to see how this ends.
Jan 30, 2015 5:36 PM

Apr 2008
GeneralEsdeath said:
LordPerucho said:

Mine is pretty popular. She was number 3 in the fan poll for favorite character in agk in japan

with a DEAD character placed in second place above her >_> Popularity didn't save character number two yet when it comes for the guilotine to axe Mine, the author pussies out. Popularity didn't save Chelsea. It should not have saved Mine.
Darklight0303Jan 30, 2015 6:38 PM
Jan 30, 2015 5:42 PM

Oct 2014
D3pthCharge said:
^ You can't please everyone no matter what you do... Which is why stories like these where the possibilities are endless tend to divide the community. The characters could've died in a completely random order and people would still be pissed off. Many are here just to find out how this ends... I'll give the series this much... once it has a hold on you, it never lets go.

There are a very few amount of asspulls, but they are done the right way(Tatsumis powering up).

Takahiro was smart in saying we are close to the final arc, I expect it be the longest in the series imo.

The remaining Jaegars/Wild Hunt guys should get decent panels of development specially Wave and Kurome.

If Wave is really the Luigi of AGK as Takahiro pointed it out, then he has to reach the level current Tatsumi has reached.

Jan 30, 2015 7:04 PM

Jan 2014
Darklight0303 said:
with a DEAD character placed in second place above her >_> Popularity didn't save character number two yet when it comes for the guilotine to axe Mine, the author pussies out. Popularity didn't save Chelsea. It should not have saved Mine.
DO YOU EVEN READ WHAT YOU WRITE???

you are saying popularity didnt save Chelsea--->Takahiro had balls to kil her
then you are saying he didn kill Mine because of her popularity--->Takahiro is pussy

Really?Maybe,just maybe he didnt kill her because of another reason?Or just because he wanted so?Because this manga is not your manga,AgK is his manga...

Nevermind,i guess its time to leave AgK forums for a while again...We started that endless cycle again where [b]Darklight whines about Mine while ALL other people try to have logical arguments....
Jan 30, 2015 7:10 PM

Apr 2008
LonelyWizard said:
Darklight0303 said:
DO YOU EVEN READ WHAT YOU WRITE???

you are saying popularity didnt save Chelsea--->Takahiro had balls to kil her
then you are saying he didn kill Mine because of her popularity--->Takahiro is pussy

Really?Maybe,just maybe he didnt kill her because of another reason?Or just because he wanted so?Because this manga is not your manga,AgK is his manga...

Nevermind,i guess its time to leave AgK forums for a while again...We started that endless cycle again where [b]Darklight whines about Mine while ALL other people try to have logical arguments....

Her being Tatsumi's forced girlfriend is no bettter a reason. Sorry to break it to you. Takahiro had balls before. He lost them now. Probably just like how Lubbock lost his only iin his case the stupid fanbase was holding the pliers to crush the family jewels. Another series ruined by its fandom. I'm gonna laugh if he won't even kill Esdeath.
Darklight0303Jan 30, 2015 7:20 PM
Jan 30, 2015 7:26 PM

Jan 2014
You are the biggest example of that Fandom ruining AgK,in your mind anyone who dont hate Mine is a Mine fanboy,ignorant and stupid....Did you ever thought that maybe people try to enjoy EVERY character?Maybe?Just maybe?No?Ok...

You seriously make me regret reading AgK...But i was going to watch anime anyway and reading manga is much better than only knowing that shit ending so i will endure you...;)
Jan 30, 2015 7:37 PM

Apr 2008
LonelyWizard said:
You are the biggest example of that Fandom ruining AgK,in your mind anyone who dont hate Mine is a Mine fanboy,ignorant and stupid....Did you ever thought that maybe people try to enjoy EVERY character?Maybe?Just maybe?No?Ok...

You seriously make me regret reading AgK...But i was going to watch anime anyway and reading manga is much better than only knowing that shit ending so i will endure you...;)

I have seen good series go down the shitter because the author feared fandom backlash. I had hopes that AGK would not share that fate and would continue to kill everyone since that was what it set itself up even if Mine should have died before Shelee.

Fandoms should never dictate the plot or the fate of characters. Take for example Pandora Hearts. Many popular characters died there and they STAYED dead. Hell my favorite character in that series died a few months back. I still read the series though. I guess the quality of the Pandora Hearts fandom is just higher than that of AGK. After all we accepted the developments and even affectionately dubbed it Pandora Hurts. But we didn't drop it.

The threat of dropping sales or reader approval should not influence an author. This is fact. The moment it happens, you know the author is done for and the story just lost any chance of reaching a satisfying conclusion. Because it was not the story the author originally wanted. It is a story that was twisted by the demands of the fandom.
Darklight0303Jan 30, 2015 7:41 PM
Jan 30, 2015 7:43 PM

Jan 2014
Darklight0303 said:
even if Mine should have died before Shelee..
That should have been like that only in your fanfic fantasy world

Darklight0303 said:
I have seen good series go down the shitter because the author feared fandom backlash. I had hopes that AGK would not share that fate and would continue to kill everyone since that was what it set itself up
And you COMPLETELY forget that Takahiro did the exact same thing lots of times before...You remember Kurome surviving from a perfect assassination?You remember Susanoo's rule?Is Najenda dead?

Yet you only here whining about how Mine should have been dead which makes anything you say look childish...I am not saying manga is perfect,but i have no problems as long as they dont go complete BS like anime,i only have problems with your selective whining...
Jan 30, 2015 7:45 PM

Apr 2008
LonelyWizard said:
Darklight0303 said:
even if Mine should have died before Shelee..
That should have been like that only in your fanfic fantasy world

Darklight0303 said:
I have seen good series go down the shitter because the author feared fandom backlash. I had hopes that AGK would not share that fate and would continue to kill everyone since that was what it set itself up
And you COMPLETELY forget that Takahiro did the exact same thing lots of times before...You remember Kurome surviving from a perfect assassination?You remember Susanoo's rule?Is Najenda dead?

Yet you only here whining about how Mine should have been dead which makes anything you say look childish...

I never denied those weren't asspulls. But those instances are FAR more rare than the miracle saves and even this latest twist with Mine which is why I focus on her.
Jan 30, 2015 7:52 PM

Apr 2008

So it's alright for you people to worship her every pinchi step but not okay for people to hate her. What a lovely double standard you sport there. No I will continue my campaign against her. Because she is a horrible character that was not reined in and shoehorned to survive and thus resulting in hijacking the series entirely.
Jan 31, 2015 1:12 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
LonelyWizard said:
ma103 said:

This...

How do Pumpkin determines the danger/pinch?Ofc via its user...And danger/pinch is something subjective and changes drastically depending on the person's mood/emotions/thoughts...

You do realize that's what gives Pumpkin an unfair advantage right? The others require an immense amount of skill to be able to use. While Pumpkin is literally "IF I GET ANGRY ENOUGH ILL WIN". In the end, it's bullshit and unfair toward every single teiguu user in the manga. Sure, a lot of teiguu out there are overpowered, but the user actually had to train to be able to obtain these new powers. Whether it be Tatsumi, Esdese, or whoever. All Mine has to do is get angry and it can overpower any teiguu. If that doesn't spell cheap to you, I don't know what does. And that goes for pretty much any manga.

Now before you go off saying I'm a "Mine hater", I'm really not. I just get tired of seeing all conveniences that are given to her when other characters don't even get thrown a freakin' bone.
Jan 31, 2015 1:19 AM

Apr 2008
Todd_ said:
LonelyWizard said:
This...

You do realize that's what gives Pumpkin an unfair advantage right? The others require an immense amount of skill to be able to use. While Pumpkin is literally "IF I GET ANGRY ENOUGH ILL WIN". In the end, it's bullshit and unfair toward every single teiguu user in the manga. Sure, a lot of teiguu out there are overpowered, but the user actually had to train to be able to obtain these new powers. Whether it be Tatsumi, Esdese, or whoever. All Mine has to do is get angry and it can overpower any teiguu. If that doesn't spell cheap to you, I don't know what does. And that goes for pretty much any manga.

Now before you go off saying I'm a "Mine hater", I'm really not. I just get tired of seeing all conveniences that are given to her when other characters don't even get thrown a freakin' bone.

Thank god a reasonable reader.
Jan 31, 2015 1:34 AM

Jan 2014
Todd_ said:

i wont call you a Mine hater (still,not liking Mine is perfectly fine as long as you dont say it literally every minute and you have your reasons)..

Yes,Pumpkin spells cheap,and its OP...But as i said before there are lots of OP things in this manga and the fact that user needs to train to be OP doesnt change the fact that they are OP...I dont read alot of manga like this,normally i only read Romance manga but when i do read this manga i prepare myself for anything shounen-ish...Pumpkin is not the only thing unrealistic thing in this manga and its not a reason to hate Mine...

Friendly Reminder:I never said "Pumpkin is not OP"

TL;DR:Pumpkin is not so unrealistic in the AgK universe even though it is unfair if you think according to our world's laws...And its definitely not worse than freezing time...

Darklight0303 said:
Thank god a reasonable reader.
Yup,he is a reasonable reader,i like when i can speak with people who is not fully driven by his emotions hatred
Jan 31, 2015 5:15 AM

Oct 2014
In terms of destructive capacity, I agree its a bit OP, but you need to have insane reflexes to dodge Pumpkin beams(Esdease managed to casually dodge them).

It means jack when you have lots fo power but you cant hit your opponent.

Jan 31, 2015 6:49 AM

Apr 2008
LordPerucho said:
In terms of destructive capacity, I agree its a bit OP, but you need to have insane reflexes to dodge Pumpkin beams(Esdease managed to casually dodge them).

Except then you can make it bigger than a fuckin kame hame ha like she miraculously did to Boudou twice in two mediums.
Jan 31, 2015 7:16 AM

Oct 2014
But Budou lost because he ran out of energy, this also atributes to his lack of recent fighting experience, while Esdease has been in constant battles vs the rebels.

All Esdease could do is keep dodging until Mine doesnt have the energy to use Pumpkin anymore.

Jan 31, 2015 12:28 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
LonelyWizard said:
Todd_ said:

i wont call you a Mine hater (still,not liking Mine is perfectly fine as long as you dont say it literally every minute and you have your reasons)..

Yes,Pumpkin spells cheap,and its OP...But as i said before there are lots of OP things in this manga and the fact that user needs to train to be OP doesnt change the fact that they are OP...I dont read alot of manga like this,normally i only read Romance manga but when i do read this manga i prepare myself for anything shounen-ish...Pumpkin is not the only thing unrealistic thing in this manga and its not a reason to hate Mine...

Friendly Reminder:I never said "Pumpkin is not OP"

TL;DR:Pumpkin is not so unrealistic in the AgK universe even though it is unfair if you think according to our world's laws...And its definitely not worse than freezing time...

But it is the only thing that's driven by emotions, and that's my issue with it. Most of the overpowered things in the manga have a limit. When something is driven by emotions, it pretty much has infinite power. Which is where my issue comes in. Even Esdese's time freeze has a limit of a few seconds and only once per day.

LordPerucho said:

Very true. Which is exactly why, according to what's all happened so far with how truly powerful Esdese is, Mine should've been killed by Esdese in that arena.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Should Akame ga Kill! get an anime reboot? ( 1 2 )

jeff_1 - Jan 12, 2017

68 by 01Corvette »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 80 Discussion (Volume 8, Extra)

Mana - Feb 24, 2017

6 by yKija »»
Dec 24, 2023 10:17 AM

» Manga compared to the anime

Pizzakiller23 - Sep 12, 2023

5 by Ri-iel »»
Sep 12, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 4 Discussion

notsureifsrs - May 8, 2012

7 by JavanyXD »»
Jun 9, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Junchi - Apr 20, 2016

71 by vclouted »»
Apr 25, 2023 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.