Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (79) « First ... « 30 31 [32] 33 34 » ... Last »
Jan 29, 2015 7:29 AM

Oct 2014
lilymul said:
^ I've heard this theory before, I think it was from tgre tumblr(this guy or girl is really good at interpreting and finding stuffs in tg, I really love the blog) . and we didnt even know about Hide's family background till date and it seems like Hide is really knowledgeable and appears to be really interested in ghousl even before Kaneki became one. It will be pretty awesome if it turns out to be true. I mean it's better than having Hide as part of the Pierrot, right?

AquaWateria said:

I don't know man if Haise does regain all his memories do you think he'll stay with CCG. I mean Arima fuckin killed Woof Dog and Demon Ape and butchered his eyes. Yeah you could say he spared his life and shit but that wasn't out of sympathy. Arima sees him like a useful pet. And like it was said if he stops being useful he'll be thrown away. Also the CCG destroyed his home Anteiku and that says a lot. I'm just saying I don't know if he'll be able to let go of his past friends.

I'm surprised that you can read Arima's real intention or what he feels regarding Haise since I absolutely have no clue what's going on in his mind. He is like a walking mystery. I am curious where did you get that 'Arima sees Haise as useful pet' ?

Ishida leaves Haise/Arima relationship ambiguous for now, but from what had been thrown into us, Arima treats Haise as his own 'child' (the omakes, Akira's quote) and Haise looks up to Arima very much to the point he sees him a parental figure but whether those feelings or treatments are genuine or not, it's up to debate and we still need more chapters of them together(and Arima).

He got it from the Kafka's story...I think its name was crossbred.
And I agree...while Haise does look at Arima like a father, I think he looks at him like pet.
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Jan 29, 2015 8:34 AM
Dec 2011
gabyta07 said:
lilymul said:
^ I've heard this theory before, I think it was from tgre tumblr(this guy or girl is really good at interpreting and finding stuffs in tg, I really love the blog) . and we didnt even know about Hide's family background till date and it seems like Hide is really knowledgeable and appears to be really interested in ghousl even before Kaneki became one. It will be pretty awesome if it turns out to be true. I mean it's better than having Hide as part of the Pierrot, right?

I'm surprised that you can read Arima's real intention or what he feels regarding Haise since I absolutely have no clue what's going on in his mind. He is like a walking mystery. I am curious where did you get that 'Arima sees Haise as useful pet' ?

Ishida leaves Haise/Arima relationship ambiguous for now, but from what had been thrown into us, Arima treats Haise as his own 'child' (the omakes, Akira's quote) and Haise looks up to Arima very much to the point he sees him a parental figure but whether those feelings or treatments are genuine or not, it's up to debate and we still need more chapters of them together(and Arima).

And I agree...while Haise does look at Arima like a father, I think he looks at him like pet.

Looks at him like a pet as in what? Relationship between a pet and its owner as far as I know is one of the strongest bonds human can create with other creatures. I dont know if 'treating one as a pet' is a negative notation to one's relationship but if you read the Kafka's Crossbreed and relates it to Haise/Kaneki relationship, Arima have found new empathy and idk.. affection(?) for Haise well being; much like a doting owner with his pet.

I dont know if I make sense but this guy here made some really good analysis on Kafka Crossbreed and Arima/Haise's relationship.
http://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/2ny62i/tokyo_ghoulre_and_kafkas_crossbreed_kensasaki_and/
lilymulJan 29, 2015 8:38 AM
Jan 29, 2015 8:51 AM

Dec 2014
Well in Jack Arima admitted that he kills ghouls as a hobby and because he's interested in them. So yeah he probably kept Kaneki as a... guinea-pig to satisfy his curiosity, since Kaneki was human until his 18th bday.

But as mostly happens maybe Sasaneki grew on Arima, like my dog grew on my dad. And now he cares for him as a pet/ son. Things will probably become complicated once Sasaneki regains his memories and who knows what will happen. But people can't stay ignorant and having Sasaki without his memories for the rest of his live, is like cruel, because it seems like those ... 20? years w ere wasted.

Happy happy happy!!!
Jan 29, 2015 8:54 AM

Oct 2014
lilymul said:
gabyta07 said:

Looks at him like a pet as in what? Relationship between a pet and its owner as far as I know is one of the strongest bonds human can create with other creatures. I dont know if 'treating one as a pet' is a negative notation to one's relationship but if you read the Kafka's Crossbreed and relates it to Haise/Kaneki relationship, Arima have found new empathy and idk.. affection(?) for Haise well being; much like a doting owner with his pet.

I dont know if I make sense but this guy here made some really good analysis on Kafka Crossbreed and Arima/Haise's relationship.
http://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/2ny62i/tokyo_ghoulre_and_kafkas_crossbreed_kensasaki_and/

I did not say it with a bad connotation...and yes I have read it...its ok, for someone who doesnt know psychoanalysis...the problem is that kafka is full of psychoanalysis connotations and have to be interpreted that way. Specially seeing that TG is full of psychoanalysis.

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Jan 29, 2015 9:11 AM
Dec 2011
^lol are you saying that one cannot interpret TG and Kafka without having it to do with psychoanalysis? Sometimes things can be delivered as simple as ABC if the author wants it. Even some the fans' 'findings' may not intended at all and pure coincidences if they turned out to be true.

well, moving on, well good job, now that I am watching TGA anime, I cant look at Yoshitoki Washuu face without screaming Hide's papa at my screen.
Jan 29, 2015 9:17 AM

Oct 2014
lilymul said:
^lol are you saying that one cannot interpret TG and Kafka without having it to do with psychoanalysis? Sometimes things can be delivered as simple as ABC if the author wants it. Even some the fans' 'findings' may not intended at all and pure coincidences if they turned out to be true.

well, moving on, well good job, now that I am watching TGA anime, I cant look at Yoshitoki Washuu face without screaming Hide's papa at my screen.

lol...Tg yes, you will lose one or two things and Ishida always reveals it in a simple language in the future., but the majority is ABC...Kafka...well thats a bit difficult.

edit: its like seeing a pink square, but then your eyes only see a white and red square. You only see one shade.
gabyta07Jan 29, 2015 9:49 AM

Jan 30, 2015 8:05 AM
Dec 2014
Everyone has there thought about the origins of ghouls, so I guess I would go into what I think.

Since, I would believe, the beginning of time there has been case of people committing cannibalism. People resorted to cannibalism because they were either in a life or death situation, trying to survive long enough for help to come so they eat ANYTHING they could to survive or because they were part of some coo-coo cult. There are different reasons as to why a human would resort to cannibalism. There have been tales as to what could happen to a human who eats his/her own kind. I am only aware of 2 different tale. 1) a human who eats the flesh of his own kind gain the strength of those who they consumed. 2) they become monster and the only drive is to eat.

With this, my theory is that ghouls were once human who committed cannibalism. This could explain why they take the shape of human and can blend into our world and explain why they are super strong and can also be monster even tho they take human shape.
Jan 30, 2015 9:14 AM

Oct 2014
Baka_Panda said:
Everyone has there thought about the origins of ghouls, so I guess I would go into what I think.

Since, I would believe, the beginning of time there has been case of people committing cannibalism. People resorted to cannibalism because they were either in a life or death situation, trying to survive long enough for help to come so they eat ANYTHING they could to survive or because they were part of some coo-coo cult. There are different reasons as to why a human would resort to cannibalism. There have been tales as to what could happen to a human who eats his/her own kind. I am only aware of 2 different tale. 1) a human who eats the flesh of his own kind gain the strength of those who they consumed. 2) they become monster and the only drive is to eat.

With this, my theory is that ghouls were once human who committed cannibalism. This could explain why they take the shape of human and can blend into our world and explain why they are super strong and can also be monster even tho they take human shape.

that's interesting it could very well be the reason why...although there's still tribes in the world that continue practicing cannibalism, and lets not forget abt the man who put an add on internet to look for a man who wanted to be eaten.

I think most probable, it could be that the ghouls were part of a tribe. Maybe they ate ppl outside their tribe to get stronger, or something like that no?

Jan 30, 2015 9:53 AM
Dec 2014
Baka_Panda said:

that's interesting it could very well be the reason why...although there's still tribes in the world that continue practicing cannibalism, and lets not forget abt the man who put an add on internet to look for a man who wanted to be eaten.

I think most probable, it could be that the ghouls were part of a tribe. Maybe they ate ppl outside their tribe to get stronger, or something like that no?[/quote]

True, it was just a thought I had that I would just throw out there. When I'm bored with nothing to do, I end up think up weird theories. I dought Ishida would go into orgins, but with ch 14 we know that they were around before 1800s. As to the " they become monsters" part according to the show (and one of my fav shows) Supernartural cannibals become Wendigos but lores change between series. If Ishida does go into the origins, I sure Ishida comes up with something better.

Haha the other day I saw and article talking about a cannibal cop is looking for love and signed up for Match.com. Well that gave me another reason not to get on online dating sites.
Baka_PandaJan 30, 2015 10:00 AM
Jan 30, 2015 9:58 AM

Aug 2014
Never knew such a thread existed.
Jan 30, 2015 10:38 AM

Jul 2014
What is this? It's fake?

(spoiler alert) http://i.imgur.com/V10qAb5.jpg
Jan 30, 2015 10:59 AM

Oct 2014
fusol13 said:
What is this? It's fake?

LOL, That was funny...soo dramatic :D

Jan 30, 2015 11:22 AM
Dec 2014
fusol13 said:
What is this? It's fake?

Lol but yeah its fake
Jan 30, 2015 12:47 PM
Dec 2014
fusol13 said:
What is this? It's fake?

Damn... I wish it was real
Jan 30, 2015 12:53 PM

Nov 2014
Baka_Panda said:
fusol13 said:
What is this? It's fake?

I don't
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2015 1:36 PM

Jul 2014
Baka_Panda said:
fusol13 said:
What is this? It's fake?

Thank god it's not.
Jan 30, 2015 8:55 PM

Sep 2013
Don't know if this has been discussed in the previous pages of this threat, but I would like to know your theories on Sasaki's/Kaneki's memory loss. For me it's either Aogiri or the CCG that took Kaneki's dead or alive body (revived him if he were dead) and tampered with it so that he would loose his memories and at the same time create a fake background on him with the name Haise Sasaki, the latter being the most probable since Arima and Suzuya know his real identity. But at the same time I think it was Aogiri due to Eto's commets on the last chapter of TG.
sic mundus
Jan 30, 2015 11:18 PM

Jul 2013
http://eyepatch-centipede.tumblr.com/post/109653118242/tg-re-ch-15-spoilers

Spoilers are out...more eto and ayato! Also..I think Arima is talking about Arata? And Torso is being questioned about the floppy disk he had?

Do I see Hinami?! And Sasaki-sensei ramping up the Qs!
MuggleBornJan 30, 2015 11:27 PM
Jan 30, 2015 11:28 PM

Oct 2014
MuggleBorn said:

Spoilers are out...more eto and ayato! Also..I think Arima is talking about Arata? And Torso is being questioned about the floppy disk he had?

Yeah, I love how he is training with them, just like he trained with Banjo and Tsukiyama

why the **** is Urie with Arima?

And Torso seems in love with dear Mutsuki...what type of flowers are around him? Does anybody know?
gabyta07Jan 30, 2015 11:33 PM

Jan 30, 2015 11:33 PM
Jan 2015
MuggleBorn said:

lol@ how different urie's countenance is around arima in those panels

I wonder why arima would be talking about arata...strange
"Is it just me, or is the lobby full of ghouls?" - CCG investigator Roger Sterling.
Jan 30, 2015 11:35 PM

Jul 2013
gabyta07 said:

Yeah, I love how he is training with them, just like he trained with Banjo and Tsukiyama

why the **** is Urie with Arima?

Urie seems to be just as confused though XD (about why Arima is there)
Jan 30, 2015 11:42 PM
Oct 2012
macabre image from Mutsuki (if himself), Urie had a flashback, Hinami appeared, and Sasaki's kicking ass.
Jan 30, 2015 11:43 PM

Aug 2014
Hinami finally has bust.. err I mean Plot. Finally we got something on Aogiri and Saiko is seen doing a level 2 facepalm.
Jan 30, 2015 11:46 PM

Oct 2014
So weird of Arima asking about the frame thing...why is he so interested?

So it seems what is around Saeki is a lotus...maybe his spirit has awaken now that he knows his dear Mutsuki is in danger.
Bc he seems to be in love with her lol

Wait....Are they going to make a Q an Arata user???? Wow
gabyta07Jan 31, 2015 12:13 AM

Jan 31, 2015 12:27 AM

Aug 2014
http://tgre-news.tumblr.com/post/109653279307/tokyo-ghoul-re-chapter-15-spoiler-images
Tg re news got it translated.
Replacement Arata user.?
Who's it gonna be.? Hirako is the most likely candidate though. He can lift.
Jan 31, 2015 12:34 AM

Apr 2014
usagi_Kuro99 said:
http://tgre-news.tumblr.com/post/109653279307/tokyo-ghoul-re-chapter-15-spoiler-images
Tg re news got it translated.
Replacement Arata user.?
Who's it gonna be.? Hirako is the most likely candidate though. He can lift.

If they're still making Arata armours then it proves Touka's dad is still alive.
Jan 31, 2015 12:43 AM

Apr 2014
Sasaki should wear a Jason mask and drop the Q's of a building.

Jan 31, 2015 1:14 AM
Dec 2011
Wow, Ayato's resemblance to Touka when she was around his age now is too much lol I was shocked thinking TG!Touka appears in the chapter.

Arata's replacement? Take will be a good choice and Kuroiwa's son, Buujin seems a quite fit too.

And Haise is training the Qs. Good stuffs there.
Jan 31, 2015 1:14 AM

Aug 2010
Nice :3 Haise training them was nice ^^ Saiko laziness is always so fun :P

Hinami >.< Sad she's not a loli anymore tho D: I hope to see more of her from now. She has quite the interesting ability there.

Glad that we'll really see more Eto :3 and awesome! AT are gonna play part with the auction! Shit is going down!

Arima with Urie :O WTF?
Jan 31, 2015 1:39 AM

Oct 2013
Barion-Zara said:

What's there to be surprised you fool. <_< They're just talking about Qs frames and Arata prototype only.
Jan 31, 2015 1:51 AM
Oct 2012
chapter ends with Kane, I want to Know what Sasaki told the Qs .
Jan 31, 2015 1:51 AM

Aug 2014
Nuvi said:
Barion-Zara said:

What's there to be surprised you fool. <_< They're just talking about Qs frames and Arata prototype only.

it's not like they went there together. Arima probably showed up after Urie.
Jan 31, 2015 1:54 AM

Oct 2013
usagi_Kuro99 said:
Nuvi said:

it's not like they went there together. Arima probably showed up after Urie.
Yes you're correct here. He did showed up after Urie, hence the surprised panel of Urie.
Jan 31, 2015 1:58 AM
Oct 2012
I probably should have been the one who did not care about Arima and Urie there.
Jan 31, 2015 2:01 AM

Oct 2013
Urie respects Arima more than Sasaki when it was actually Sasaki who saves Urie's sorry ass from Nishiki/Serpent.

That's unfair.
Jan 31, 2015 2:02 AM
Oct 2012
we finally see how the Haise (not being influenced by Kaneki) can be badass.
Jan 31, 2015 2:02 AM
Oct 2012
Nuvi said:
Urie respects Arima more than Sasaki when it was actually Sasaki who saves Urie's sorry ass from Nishiki/Serpent.

That's unfair.

Urie is a bitch without class, end.
Jan 31, 2015 2:21 AM
Dec 2011
Nuvi said:

That's unfair.

Well is there anyone who actually does not 'respect' Arima in CCG tho? I doubt Urie wants to take Arima lightly given his reputation and superiority in CCG. And he's drifting away from his team, I wonder if Ishida want to keep Urie further away from them from now onwards. I am quite indifferent to Urie but I'm interested to see what Ishida gonna do with him.

Anyways, Kanae! Srsly he has been climbing up my bias list now.
Jan 31, 2015 2:50 AM

Oct 2013
lilymul said:
Nuvi said:

That's unfair.

Well is there anyone who actually does not 'respect' Arima in CCG tho? I doubt Urie wants to take Arima lightly given his reputation and superiority in CCG.
When did I ever said that Urie should not respect Arima? I only posted that him not respecting Sasaki is unfair. Japanese take student-teacher relationship seriously and the disciples have to respect them for whatever knowledge their teachers/mentor provide.
Jan 31, 2015 4:01 AM
Dec 2011
Nuvi said:
lilymul said:

Well is there anyone who actually does not 'respect' Arima in CCG tho? I doubt Urie wants to take Arima lightly given his reputation and superiority in CCG.
When did I ever said that Urie should not respect Arima? I only posted that him not respecting Sasaki is unfair. Japanese take student-teacher relationship seriously and the disciples have to respect them for whatever knowledge their teachers/mentor provide.

I was just merely stating nothing to feel any unfair-ness by Urie respecting Arima more than Sasaki since Arima is like a god in CCG; so no need to be feel attacked by my post.

Urie is a brat. What do we expect from him especially when he got the soft hearted Sasaki (<-- I am not saying this in a bad taste ofc, just saying. ) as his mentor and they are not that much different in their age also. Custom or not, Urie is too stubborn and egoistic for his own.

I am not defending Urie or anyone here but to compare how Urie behaves around Arima and Sasaki is unfitting imo.

EDIT: oh wait Urie just dont give a damn about anyone in his mind, he just wants power lol Just wait for the full chapter to be released before we can into any conclusion~
lilymulJan 31, 2015 4:47 AM
Jan 31, 2015 4:16 AM

Dec 2014
Yaay! Seriously the chapter looks soo interesting! Almost everyone is gathering for the auction. Cept the Anteiku caowd... wait maybe Nishiki will be at the auction too!

Sasaki's training with the Q's reminded me sooo much of Kaneki. I couldn't help but stare at his well developed arms >< The fangirl in me is resurfacing!

Yaaaay Hinami!! Irimi was right, her senses have become extraordinary. R.I.P. Irimi! T^T

Sasaki pulling Saiko's face and telling her to get serious was the best scene of all!

Wait so, who's going to have the Arata armor? Uhhh doesn't feel right... if one of the CCG is going to use it during the battle at the auction and Ayato sees it... Well that would become interesting.

Damn now back to 1 week waiting :(

Happy happy happy!!!
Jan 31, 2015 6:07 AM

Oct 2014
Does anyone know the meaning or what kind of flowers are on the backround behind Saeki???

Also, Sasaki saying 3 "hito"....Is he remembering something about fighting with three ppl at the same time???

Who could it be? I only remember him training with Banjo and Tsukiyama
Btw I miss Banjo I hope we see him soon, it would be cool if Sasaki puts his hand through him like he did in TG, and he has a flashback kind of like Nishiki and him were fighting :D

Edit: Oh and I kind of hating Arima at this moment for jumping Sasaki's authority and allowing Urie to have the operation.

Oh and I thiki Floppy is Sasaki
gabyta07Jan 31, 2015 6:11 AM

Jan 31, 2015 6:47 AM

Jul 2013
gabyta07 said:

Also, Sasaki saying 3 "hito"....Is he remembering something about fighting with three ppl at the same time???

I think he's talking about the fact that Mutsuki, Shirazu and supposedly Saiko are all training together against him yet none of them were able to land a blow
Jan 31, 2015 7:09 AM

Oct 2014
MuggleBorn said:
gabyta07 said:

I think he's talking about the fact that Mutsuki, Shirazu and supposedly Saiko are all training together against him yet none of them were able to land a blow

yeah I got it, when I read the second translation :D...but thanks :D

Jan 31, 2015 7:14 AM

Aug 2014
gabyta07 said:
MuggleBorn said:

yeah I got it, when I read the second translation :D...but thanks :D

Well I know this might not be related but he has fought 3 people at once. Ayumu, Take and kuramoto during Anteiku raid.
Jan 31, 2015 7:51 AM

Oct 2014
papaneki at it again
"Events that happen in this world are a continuous series of trifling things. And within those myriad pieces of puzzles, there is a fragment that leads to the truth." -Kishou Arima
Jan 31, 2015 12:28 PM
Oct 2012
gabyta07 said:
Does anyone know the meaning or what kind of flowers are on the backround behind Saeki???

Btw I miss Banjo I hope we see him soon, it would be cool if Sasaki puts his hand through him like he did in TG, and he has a flashback kind of like Nishiki and him were fighting :D

Edit: Oh and I kind of hating Arima at this moment for jumping Sasaki's authority and allowing Urie to have the operation.

I think it's referred to Qs overall, the speech from Hinami: "It Seems que the" Doves "are Also interested in the floppies."

or it can also be something else.

I did not like the way Urie got the surgery, of course, is better than something ridiculous like fake a signature and the doctor did not talk to Sasaki, but this conspiracy was rough.

Sasaki is a very seductive man, unless Urie is much better than Shirazu, it also would be easily beaten by Sasaki,

and it's nice to know that Sasaki can spank their children mercilessly in a training
Jan 31, 2015 3:33 PM
Oct 2012
IS already have the raw, is now expected.
Jan 31, 2015 6:13 PM

May 2011
At that rate, the auction will be a disaster!! Almost Everyone is participating in the event.

Acernos said:
gabyta07 said:

I think it's referred to Qs overall, the speech from Hinami: "It Seems que the" Doves "are Also interested in the floppies."

or it can also be something else.

I did not like the way Urie got the surgery, of course, is better than something ridiculous like fake a signature and the doctor did not talk to Sasaki, but this conspiracy was rough.

Sasaki is a very seductive man, unless Urie is much better than Shirazu, it also would be easily beaten by Sasaki,

and it's nice to know that Sasaki can spank their children mercilessly in a training

Yeah, Urie is pissing me off, He's acting on his own without considering Sasaki's words. The problem's that he believes that he would make a better leader than Sasaki which is just plain wrong.
Pages (79) « First ... « 30 31 [32] 33 34 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.