Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 22, 2014 6:23 PM

Jul 2014
I loved this show mostly because it's characters are so awesome. but seriously that ending seemed pretty awful. its just like aaaaaannnnd nothing really happens to anyone and everyone is fine no repercussions for any horrible actions and everyone lives happily ever after <3. bullshit.
Sep 22, 2014 6:45 PM
Jul 2012
I call this season an 8/10. Primarily, I just don't like the execution now that I've seen the last episode. It didn't really make us question much on where the Minimums come from, a major topic in the series. Also, the ending is fun and fine, but Art's survival this time around kind of makes it anticlimactic. I mean, this guy committed suicide, why the F*CK can they not let him die!? I know, he is an interesting characters, but most of the time, his motives are extremely unclear and too questionable. And not letting a character who obviously died, stay dead, can really not work at all at times. It just doesn't work all the time. Still, I would still recommend this anime to anyone if they like comedy, mystery and action with that touch of "moral" questions.
Sep 22, 2014 6:49 PM
Jul 2012
LOAD said:
Sigmund05 said:

Ooh, it could be #1. I doubt it's #2 though because I don't think the location had anything to do with it, because we could still see that shiny (?) fluid inside the syringe.

I can only really believe #1, sorry if that sounds rude. The location shouldn't really affect it. I mean, Art literally took minimums from wherever on people's necks. And, I don't think Skill's power would work because its trigger is hope. What hope is there when your friend is literally falling off a skyscraper out of hands reach? My theory is that Nice pushed himself with this own minimum and jumped down, caught Art and survived there. And then Art had a sentence due to, you know.
Sep 22, 2014 7:27 PM

Apr 2014
Acxelion said:
I can only really believe #1, sorry if that sounds rude. The location shouldn't really affect it. I mean, Art literally took minimums from wherever on people's necks. And, I don't think Skill's power would work because its trigger is hope. What hope is there when your friend is literally falling off a skyscraper out of hands reach? My theory is that Nice pushed himself with this own minimum and jumped down, caught Art and survived there. And then Art had a sentence due to, you know.

The thing is even if Nice uses his minimum, gravity is still in effect. So... he can't exactly go 'upwards' back onto the building after catching Art.
Unless you meant that he ran down to the ground level and caught Art before he touched the pavement (like, bridal style). In that case, that's highly plausible.
Sep 22, 2014 7:45 PM

Aug 2010
so All sorts of people die and get into all sorts of horrible circumstances because of Art, and he gets off scott free? I really liked the first season... this second one was so unremarkable - id even say it was bad just cuz the comparison.
ComboSmoothSep 22, 2014 9:57 PM
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Sep 22, 2014 9:46 PM

Nov 2013
the fact that birthday is ok now bumped the series up a point for me
Sep 22, 2014 10:05 PM

Mar 2013
"If you die again, I'll kill you." -Nice

Yeah bless this show. I'm glad it's over.
Sep 22, 2014 11:49 PM

Jun 2012
This show tried way too hard to have a plot, it failed, and what it really lacked was atmosphere (similar to M3, which is terrible as well).

The first season was better (at least the first half of it).

2/10
Sep 23, 2014 1:43 AM
Sep 2014
It was fun watching this show, and it had some of the best openings I've seen. The ending wasn't that bad.

What I didn't get:

1. How did Art survive the fall?
2. How did Nice not die after being stabbed.
3. How did Art get out of jail in six months?
4. Why did everyone forgive Art? Murasaki "killed" him before just for not saving Gasuke...
5. Did everyone get their Minimum abilities back? Does Hajime no longer affect them?
aenewsSep 23, 2014 1:52 AM
Sep 23, 2014 2:22 AM

Oct 2013
Disaster
Sep 23, 2014 4:30 AM

May 2013
Hajime-chan so cute <3

Sep 23, 2014 4:47 AM
Apr 2013
Someone explain why moral is here
Sep 23, 2014 5:59 AM
Aug 2010
The ending comic relief with the handshake has to be the best part of this whole second season.
Sep 23, 2014 6:15 AM

Nov 2012
Well at least it explained what happened in the previous season.
Sep 23, 2014 6:29 AM
Jul 2018
Not bad ending.
Just if i could live with a freedom like that!

Well, 8.5/10 . Good job!
Sep 23, 2014 9:02 AM
Oct 2013
At first i though that this second season is killing itself, but i gotta admit-the ending is exactly how i wanted him to be, except for Saikyou's Suicide everything went into place!
I'm still disappointed that there wasn't any Nice x Hajime there ;_; tho Nice punching Art was really funny, and the ending gave me some chills:"they're all alive and happy ^^".

Goodbye Hamatora, you are maybe not the best Show there is, but the time i watched you was worth it-i enjoyed every second. I will miss this show.. Bye now~

http://prntscr.com/4pjcf6
Sep 23, 2014 10:54 AM
Aug 2011
Alright show, but somehow hated Art lol.

Only liked Hajime and Nice.
Sep 23, 2014 11:40 AM

Jun 2011
First half was pretty good, answered a few questions, but the second half ruined a lot of things. Everyone just got back their Ego just like that, in the end everyone's happy, Art lived through that fall, etc..

Edit: And that suicide..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 23, 2014 12:23 PM

Oct 2011
HAPPY END T_________________T
Sep 23, 2014 1:09 PM

Apr 2014
I loved Hamatora. Season one was alright, but season 2 was fantastic. Updated art made it more comfortable for me.
I simply love all of the characters in Hamatora, though I don't care much for Art.
So now I fully understand why Art was trying to kill Nice, and how Nice survived when Moral shot him in season one. (Though I should've guessed sooner when it showed his minimum.)

But... how the hell did he survive in the end? He took out his minimum and then died. He shouldn't have been able to regenerate.
Either way, 9/10 for me. Absolutely loved the violin/piano version of the opening while Nice was talking to Art.
Sep 23, 2014 1:53 PM

Jul 2009
I am glad it's over, really 1st season was nice that's why I decided to watch this one, but it was a pain... 5/10
Sep 23, 2014 4:14 PM

Mar 2012
HussEsper said:

New season? o_o

1st season was pretty relaxing. This season was a bit forced but dat ending <3
Sep 23, 2014 4:36 PM

Jan 2013
HussEsper said:
[url=http://postimage.org/][img]http://s7.postimg.org/vae23lb17/11111111.png[/img][/url]
It was her imagination. And she smiled at that?

Doubt it's anything else. I'm happy this anime is over, wont watch another season. First season last few episodes were best.
Sep 23, 2014 4:44 PM

Jul 2013
deus ex machina ending- it's convenient that art has a brother whose heart is inside nice. this whole series was a waste of my time
Sep 23, 2014 5:25 PM

Aug 2014
Rushed, halfly explained ending with Momoka's random suicide!
Should be the title of this episode

Sep 23, 2014 8:16 PM
Jun 2014
Despite how many flaws this show has I just love the art (no pun intended), and most everything else. I'm assuming Art survived due to that first theory (Revive Minimum not extracted, just the others recently added). I suspect maybe Saikyou was Moral all along, or to be more technical, Moral being Saikyou. If I remember correctly, Moral had a Light Bending Minimum, to alter appearance, and Saikyou was probably looking at herself, but in a more self reflection rather than actual looking, showing who Saikyou actually was.

Edit: I just failed so hard, I remembered the two were shown together, *facedesk*

Despite all the flaws I can't get myself to dislike the show in any major way.
MiralilySep 23, 2014 8:23 PM
Sep 23, 2014 8:43 PM
Jul 2013
okay so serious talk I really wanted to like this show, and in alot of aspects I do. But the ending... like... how did art survive.

6/10 above average

BUT 1 Thing

to people who already saw the episode keep reading
at the end in the picture of art hajime nice and murasaki look at art. I dont know why but he looks like moral.
Sep 23, 2014 8:50 PM
Jun 2014
Art doesn't look like Moral, and even if he did, they're not the same person .
Sep 23, 2014 9:12 PM

Oct 2007
It was a pretty good show, I personally feel the first season was better.

Was really hoping the ending would have made a little more sense instead of everyone just getting back their egos. It like really made cool ideas like Hajime's medium kind of null and void.

I will say between that handhsake and the violin cover of Flat I wasn't sure which to love more.
Sep 23, 2014 10:00 PM

Feb 2014
So much wasted potential.
に触
祟ら
りぬ
な神

Sep 24, 2014 1:53 AM

Aug 2013
What? WHAT? WHAAAAAAAAT?!

Art directly commited murder on at least 3 people, and is partialy responsible for mass murder, and all he gets is 6 months of jail???????

What the Hell?!
Sep 24, 2014 5:52 AM

Aug 2013
Ending answered some questions while creating more. 7/10
My Candies:
Sep 24, 2014 6:04 AM
Jan 2010
I totally agree with Sherlupin; and after creating all this mess, plotting murders etc, Hamatora just forgives Art and they are now one big family, right? Yeah... 5/10. And I rememeber first episodes of 1st season and it was quite interesting... I enjoyed those episodes with 'random jobs' instead od complicating 1 main plot through 10 episodes. I am really disappointed.
Sep 24, 2014 6:34 AM

May 2012
So now we ended up with more questions... >.>

Like for one...how did Art survive? Guess we might never know.
Oh well, I enjoyed it a lot more than S1 and at least most of the questions were answered. So not a bad ending!
""You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things...
Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest."
- Izaya

Sep 24, 2014 10:01 AM

Nov 2012
Wait so...how did Nice get Skill's heart? I wonder if it had something to do with Moral saying he could still save Nice after Skill's death?
How did Art survive?
I feel like all these people dying and coming back to life kind of cheapens the experience. I do wonder if the scenes with Moral were hinting at a season 3.

I laughed at the graveyard scene :D
SleepyBearSep 24, 2014 10:06 AM
Sep 24, 2014 6:21 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Stark700 said:

The ending felt like a comedy. Oh wait, it is. Art survived LOL.

Yes...that was quite a weird ending. Maybe they got that guy with the healing minimum to heal Art's broken body when he fell. Or maybe something more plausible happened...or maybe it was just magic. On board with the others that Art didn't deserve just 6 months in prison and then everyone forgives him because he is their nakama.
Sep 25, 2014 9:57 PM

Mar 2012
Nice punching Art in the gut saved this episode.
Sep 26, 2014 12:33 AM
Oct 2008
So after all the people who died because of Art... Lets just have a "Welcome Back Art" Party :D

5/10
Sep 26, 2014 4:07 AM
Jul 2012
5/10, he took his own ego/minimum out, no way he could of healed himself, he should've been a happy laughing mental patient half the way down before he finally went splat, you cant cover this plot hole by smearing some comedy and a time jump

6-7/10 if art would've actually died
Sep 26, 2014 4:10 AM
Jul 2012
SleepyBear said:
Wait so...how did Nice get Skill's heart? I wonder if it had something to do with Moral saying he could still save Nice after Skill's death?
How did Art survive?
I feel like all these people dying and coming back to life kind of cheapens the experience. I do wonder if the scenes with Moral were hinting at a season 3.

I laughed at the graveyard scene :D

if you remember in the flashback, when they were escaping, nice got shot through the chest, i would think it went through his heart or at least his lungs, so yeah, since skill was brain dead he could just use his organs to save nice
Sep 26, 2014 8:57 AM

Oct 2009
"Maa ikka" is what I have to say to that ending..

If only they spent developing the characters, their backgrounds and everything else instead of wasting time with non-sensual episodes maybe this could have been better. Everything that happened with Art's brother was revealed in the last episode, rushed without any kind of development between Art, Skill or Nice. No emotional impact whatsoever, worst of all was the "Ultimate" woman her character was just "there".
This season started out with good potential than the last season but it ended up being even worse..

4/10
Sep 26, 2014 9:22 AM

Jul 2010
Well it had some nice moments and they finally showed/explained why Art went berserk in season 1 but still... how the hell did Nice survive that wound and how did Art not die from falling down that builing/get a life sentence in jail? Though I understand him covering up most tracks of his wrong doings, it's still strange.

And if I'm right, Nice didn't lose his mind like the others because of Skills' heart/consciousness being inside of him? It does explain why he survived getting shot in the past and seeing as Skills' Minimum cancels out Hajime's, it's kind of understandable but still a bit of a stretch. I didn't dislike the ending though but the mix of humor/plotless episodes kind of ruined it for me. A lot of wasted potential but not a bad serie.
Sep 27, 2014 12:12 AM
Mar 2013
the anime didn't meet my expectation 6 is my vote :)
Sep 27, 2014 2:18 PM
Jul 2014
A pretty weird series. Had its ups and downs(but mostly downs). It was still better than season 1 though. Good ending I guess. Giving this a 6/10.
Sep 27, 2014 4:15 PM

Jul 2011
2.5/10 final rating. XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2014 10:41 AM

Jul 2012
This show suffered from the "main characters don't die" syndrome which bugged me to the end. If you're gonna kill a character, please let them stay dead! Wow, as soon as I realized that Nice would never die, his deaths stopped being shocking and just laughable. Especially how it wasn't explained how Art didn't actually die even if he extracted that minimum out.

I'll give this season 6/10 even with its share of flaws (and there were a lot of them) because it managed to tell a full story that season 1 couldn't have and I liked the directing in some places (namely, the scene with it shifts between the government and Art's speech and the entire episode with Hajime was well done). There was still a fair bit of filler for a one cour series but not as bad as the first.

Please don't have a season 3, as this was a good enough ending. lol
Sep 28, 2014 8:08 PM
Mar 2009
Well, now that we are at the end, I have to say that I loved the previous season of this franchise, but I hate this season of it.

This season was a lot more flash than substance, and had really odd pacing. Even after they explained some things at the end, I still do not accept it. Sure, anime often does have a tragic ending, but they glossed over near-genocide at the end so that it would seem happy... it might get the right feels but it also makes me think that the characters had no sort of social responsibility.

On the other hand, perhaps it sort of reflects the times.

That sort of "well, sure, a lot of people were harmed because of me but it is okay once I have a few friends, life goes on (for me) and who cares about what I did before, those people were not main characters" attitude is a bit like how we watch the news about how people are prevented from getting an education and then prevent ourselves from getting an education because we wasted all our mental energy watching the news, then worrying about it... but then feel it is okay because we have friends.

Really, Art killed so many people and just shrugged it off in the end. Being a serial killer and mass murderer really should never be okay.

Even soldiers and police officers can often have difficulty coming to term with taking lives, which is appropriate. It should be a hard thing to do, even if the enemy deserves it. So to have a story where they really seem not to care about all the casualties, well, I hope that humanity doesn't really think human life is cheap and disposable.

As long as you aren't a main character.

I hope that we care about the innocent people who don't even know what is going on, through no fault of their own, and would gladly help to change things for the better, if given the opportunity.
Sep 29, 2014 3:02 AM

Jun 2014
okay i really need a recap of this whole series like wtf?! i love the concept but its all really confusing
Sep 29, 2014 4:36 PM

Aug 2012
Have to say I liked this season more than the first, but of course I like he series as a whole as well. Pretty campy, and never took itself completely serious, even up to the ending.

I really liked that last scene at the cemetery; it summed up Hamatora very well indeed.

Overall, this season gets an easy 7/10. Very enjoyable.
Sep 29, 2014 10:18 PM

Jan 2011
k... I'm late, but I just finished watching this. The ending was very "WTF?" and this discussion thread is really funny haha, I love all the hypotheses about how Art survived the fall...

But seeing that Nice was able to activate Skill's ego-giving/minimum-reviving minimum, I'm gonna guess that Art's regeneration minimum was reactivated by Skill through Nice.

The syringe has a similar effect on people as Hajime's minimum, where they lose their minimum and go all giddy/happy. Therefore, if others could have it restored when Hajime caused them to lose it, then I think it makes sense that Art's could be restored as well.

Well. Who knows. Only a nice Hamatora Wikipedia page could tell us what really happened. XD

But seriously - how do you just... FORGIVE everything that happened this season and go back to being best friends?!?!?!?! oh my god.............. it's not even like Art was brainwashed, he truly was acting on what he thought was best after recovering all his memories. I'd be living in constant fear as his friend, wondering when he will change his mind and decide I'm better off dead.

7/10... for having such a serious plot, the comedy felt so misplaced. I disliked the style of season 2 with the quick 10 second plot developments with the fade-in and fade-outs. But Nice-kun is still awesome. And happy endings are always good, no matter how incredulous I feel about it right now... XD

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:␣Hamatora Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2014

135 by niookookjo »»
Oct 27, 2022 1:23 PM

» The show's message is contradictory

AnimeJunki3 - Oct 9, 2021

1 by Yatsu1689 »»
Oct 10, 2021 6:28 AM

» Is Hamatora a shonen or a seinen?

Sherlupin - Sep 9, 2014

7 by kari-ya »»
Sep 7, 2021 11:30 AM

Poll: » Re:␣Hamatora Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2014

45 by DeathMitaka »»
Apr 28, 2018 8:36 AM

Poll: » Re:␣Hamatora Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2014

63 by TheDoggoneGirl »»
Sep 9, 2017 3:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.