Forum Settings
Forums

How many harems did you watch until you became absolutely sick of the genre?

New
How many harems did you watch until you became absolutely sick of the genre?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 22, 2014 2:00 AM

Mar 2014
Haseo666 said:
AzuStar said:

well clearly your a harem tsundere.

No I'm not a tsundere! I just picked those harems by some kind of mistake and just had to finish them because I dont drop anime. Really.

what your trying to saying that it's not like you wanted to watch those harems

Aug 22, 2014 2:05 AM

Aug 2011
I don't really watch them since I was never really interested in the genre to begin with. The only reason I got sick of the genre was seeing how much of it was getting churned out every season, and it seemed like other, better stories were being ignored in favor of selling discs.

Reverse Harem? I haven't touched one. Well, I did watch episode one of Ouran, but I really, really didn't like it.

Aug 22, 2014 2:08 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I still like them. Not all of them obviously but that's no different from any other genre.

Though harems are *much* better in visual novels and eroge because that's what the genre is originally intended for, I.E. where every girl can have her own route so 1) everyone can have their own #bestgirl win and 2) it can actually have real endings since it doesn't have to stay at the status quo all the time.
Aug 22, 2014 2:09 AM

Jul 2010
AzuStar said:
Haseo666 said:

No I'm not a tsundere! I just picked those harems by some kind of mistake and just had to finish them because I dont drop anime. Really.

what your trying to saying that it's not like you wanted to watch those harems

Actually thats exactly how it is. I dont check what genre is anime I'm going to watch because I really choose anime randomly. Thats why I have all kinds of genres in my list, even those I dont like. I even watched few shounen-ai by mistake >_>
Aug 22, 2014 2:13 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
about 250 hours according to my malgraph, very volatile in terms of score though
good harems are really enjoyable, bad harems however are BAD, like really shit lol
Aug 22, 2014 2:21 AM

Aug 2014
1 is more than enough..
Bcs harem have hentai miracle on it that makes you pinned on that genre forever lol
(This theory affected to boys only)
"Ryuusei o miokutte koko ni aru imi o shiitta StargazeR"
Aug 22, 2014 2:30 AM

Jun 2014
I probably watched around 3 before I started hating harem anime. I still watch it a bit, but usually only if the harem aspect isn't the major focus of it.
Aug 22, 2014 2:44 AM
May 2009
Aug 22, 2014 2:52 AM

May 2013
>implying I could ever get shit of it.
Aug 22, 2014 2:57 AM

Apr 2009
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
I knew from the start that the genre sucks.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Aug 22, 2014 3:00 AM

Jan 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
I knew from the start that the genre sucks.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Aug 22, 2014 3:06 AM

Jul 2013
After watching IS, my faith on this genre was gone.
Aug 22, 2014 3:26 AM

Apr 2011
There are 2 types of Harem: fun time harem, and LN-tier harem. Yes, there are some exception, but most LN-harem is just too shitty its not even funny to look at.

LN-tier (shitty) harem: IS, DAL, SAO, NGNL, Haganai, Vasreus, you name it!
Manga-tier (fun) harem: Umi no Misaki, Kaminomi, 3nity7, Nisekoi, Ichigo 100%, Fujimura-kun Mates, Aizawa-san,

And yes, I'm still embrace this genre. And probably will never get tired of it.
Aug 22, 2014 3:29 AM

Apr 2014
allflying said:
There are 2 types of Harem: fun time harem, and LN-tier harem. Yes, there are some exception, but most LN-harem is just too shitty its not even funny to look at.

Manga-tier (fun) harem: Umi no Misaki, Kaminomi, 3nity7, Nisekoi, Ichigo 100%, Fujimura-kun Mates, Aizawa-san,

b-but Haganai is good... at least the loli isn't annoying.
Aug 22, 2014 3:29 AM

Jul 2008
It's hard to get sick of any genre to be honest, most people would probably stay away from the genre they are currently bored of and check other genre out. After some time, the boring genre will feel fun again (in this case harem instinct will kick in) and the party will continue :)
Aug 22, 2014 3:38 AM

Apr 2011
tr1ckst3r said:
allflying said:

When they took out the harem element, and reduce it to just triangler. It becomes so much better than the original source. Namely, the manga (plus) spinoff.

The problem with most harem is MC's attitude. Even if the heroine pulls cute+adorable+kawaii as fuck. But if the MC has shitty attitude, the whole experience will be ruined. And LN series tends to have a lot of author self-insert which makes them far more worse than their brethren in another media.
Aug 22, 2014 3:39 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
tr1ckst3r said:
allflying said:

SAO and especially NGNL aren't really harems though..
Aug 22, 2014 3:44 AM

Aug 2013
50-100? still will watch just not as much >.>
Aug 22, 2014 3:48 AM

Apr 2011
HaXXspetten said:

SAO is a harem in the same sense that Mayo Chiki! is a harem.
Aug 22, 2014 3:51 AM

Apr 2014
allflying said:
tr1ckst3r said:

When they took out the harem element, and reduce it to just triangler. It becomes so much better than the original source. Namely, the manga (plus) spinoff.

The problem with most harem is MC's attitude. Even if the heroine pulls cute+adorable+kawaii as fuck. But if the MC has shitty attitude, the whole experience will be ruined. And LN series tends to have a lot of author self-insert which makes them far more worse than their brethren in another media.

well the MC attitude is one reason for harem anime to be shitty.
but the MC in Haganai is not that bad, maybe it's quite realistic than other Harem anime in which some lame useless half-assed MC just suddenly get his own harem without even trying, Haganai MC is far more decent than those shitty harem MC.
Aug 22, 2014 3:56 AM

Dec 2013
HaXXspetten said:

according to MAL logic, every anime has >= 3 girls --> 1 boy is harem

uhh, HaX, have u read Hatsuyuki Sakura ?
Aug 22, 2014 4:02 AM

Apr 2011
tr1ckst3r said:
allflying said:

well the MC attitude is one reason for harem anime to be shitty.
but the MC in Haganai is not that bad, maybe it's quite realistic than other Harem anime in which some lame useless half-assed MC just suddenly get his own harem without even trying, Haganai MC is far more decent than those shitty harem MC.

Yes, like avoiding romance issue and deliberately putting status quo for whatever reasons? Sounds like a decent MC alright. Also, knight in shining armor saving damsels in distress is not a rare trope.
Aug 22, 2014 4:07 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
moonnya said:
HaXXspetten said:

according to MAL logic, every anime has >= 3 girls --> 1 boy is harem

uhh, HaX, have u read Hatsuyuki Sakura ?
ehh no I was gonna see if the TL project would ever finish first in which case I'll wait, though since there's been no update since April and it's only at 20% it's currently quite high up on my list of un-TL'd ones to read

something for christmas maybe, seems like a fitting time to do it given the theme
Aug 22, 2014 4:17 AM

Jan 2010
Watched Bakemonogatari (is it harem?), The World God only Knows, and Infinite Stratos. Never watch harem again after that. Well I still like TWGoK though only because I wanted to see Keima with Elsa(?) forgot her name.
Oh, and School Days, is it considered harem?
Aug 22, 2014 4:18 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Shicchi said:
Probably not the normal kind of harem but it definitely is one :3
Aug 22, 2014 4:19 AM

Apr 2014
HaXXspetten said:
Shicchi said:

it's more like Psychological genre to me. :3
Aug 22, 2014 4:55 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
tr1ckst3r said:
HaXXspetten said:

it's more like Psychological genre to me. :3
it's both
Aug 22, 2014 5:37 AM

Apr 2009
allflying said:

I'd argue part of TWGOK's charm is that it mocks sterotypes and analyzes it partially. It works well as a transition between a classic setup that reminds me a bit of Ah My Goddess at times to a parody, much like the Monogatari at times (it tries more often than that, but usually fails).
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Aug 22, 2014 5:40 AM

Jan 2014
i kinda get sick to it but anime now often insert harem despite not having it as genre so... sometimes i just overlook it
"This is boring...I'm bored..."
Aug 22, 2014 5:43 AM

Jun 2014
Some are a bit annoying, but is still okay to watch.
Aug 22, 2014 5:53 AM

Sep 2013
harem is doujin paradise
Aug 22, 2014 6:10 AM

Mar 2014
I don't remember but I'm kind of am tired of them. Not entirely though, just when every girl seems to worship the male main character.
Aug 22, 2014 6:20 AM

Oct 2011
ill watch it as a sub genre.
Aug 22, 2014 10:07 AM

Apr 2011
Nidhoeggr said:

I'd argue part of TWGOK's charm is that it mocks sterotypes and analyzes it partially. It works well as a transition between a classic setup that reminds me a bit of Ah My Goddess at times to a parody, much like the Monogatari at times (it tries more often than that, but usually fails).
That was what made this series interesting in the first place. But the Goddess Arc still the pinnacle of harem history.
Blue said:
I don't remember but I'm kind of am tired of them. Not entirely though, just when every girl seems to worship the male main character.
Save that remark until you've read Umi no Misaki
Aug 22, 2014 10:15 AM

Dec 2013
I'm watching Blade Dance(which is not that bad if you can make it through the first couple episodes) this season, so I'm still watching harem's.

But if it sucks, then it will meet my drop list.
...or i'll be a masochist and finish it like date a live season 2.
Aug 22, 2014 10:18 AM

Apr 2011
Why are you assuming that I'm sick of it?
Aug 22, 2014 10:23 AM

Jul 2014
tr1ckst3r said:
How can I get sick of this?

or this.
Aug 22, 2014 10:27 AM

Mar 2012
allflying said:

I would prefer if you group it as action oriented or not.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 22, 2014 10:45 AM

Apr 2013
One can never watch/have too many harems. It's just a fact of life.
Aug 22, 2014 11:16 AM
Apr 2010
hentai_eucli said:
I feel like people who don't like harems are filthy casuals.

No, people who like harems are filthy casuals.
Aug 22, 2014 4:49 PM

Apr 2011
NeoAnkara said:
allflying said:

I would prefer if you group it as action oriented or not.

Just add this into the first category: Oreimo, Oreshura, Mayo Chiki!, Henneko, Gaworare,
Aug 22, 2014 4:52 PM
Feb 2014
How many harem-bashing threads did I see until I became absolutely sick of the trend? Let's just say this one takes the cake.

OT: None. There are good harem and bad harem. Not all are quality and not all are shit.
Aug 22, 2014 4:58 PM

Jul 2014
They are pretty entertaining when im not trying to watch something serious.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2014 5:01 PM

Feb 2014
None, I still watch harems every season.
Aug 22, 2014 6:57 PM

Feb 2013
Udgey said:
I can watch 100 harems and 100 mechas and 100 dramas. I could care less about genres, what matters is if I'm entertained or not.
Aug 22, 2014 10:23 PM

Sep 2013
NiN10d0h said:
hentai_eucli said:
I feel like people who don't like harems are filthy casuals.

No, people who like harems are filthy casuals.

Wat
Aug 22, 2014 10:26 PM

Feb 2014
4-5, harems annoy me, and I hate the shit out of them

Aug 23, 2014 1:04 AM

Nov 2012
I still watch shitty harem anime in hopes of finding a hidden gem out of the many of them I come across.
Aug 23, 2014 1:09 AM

Feb 2012
I like harems, just not the ones with the harem endings.
I always hope the mc has the balls to pick a girl at the end.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2014 1:18 AM

May 2013
Idc about the genre as long that the anime is good.

But yeah, one more harem with dense guys, I'm out.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Do you see there being another Ecchi Anime as critically acclaimed as Mushoku Tensei in the future?

Dragevard - 2 hours ago

9 by MogKnight »»
37 seconds ago

» Why are modern anime fights so awful?

_Nette_ - 40 minutes ago

3 by TRC_Randy »»
2 minutes ago

» Disney Japan Executive Promises to Censor Anime

rohan121 - 1 hour ago

12 by DoctorWasabi »»
3 minutes ago

» Best Orange-hair guy in anime

RedTea33 - 2 hours ago

3 by Toooooooooohru »»
23 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7185 by armob »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.