Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jun 14, 2012 8:04 PM

Feb 2012
I liked the cat, was funny. I love that vampire girl :)

Needed more Senjougahara though :/
Jul 5, 2012 5:44 PM

Nov 2011
One of my favorite characters /and/ cats? Best arc ever. Lul. Too bad Araragi seems more perverted as the anime goes on. Seriously, what is up with him? >_> At least all his acquaintances are very interesting. The dialogue isn't drawing me in as much as it was in, say, episode 3. The art is still beautiful. :)

That minimal city skylike...<3 SIlver Catttttt<3 Hanekawa has the best problem in the series ever. Oh, if only I became a cat after I get migraines.

EOTW said:
What the hell, I could've sworn Sejougohara was an MC. I loved Senjougohara in the beginning and was expecting this series to feature her, not use her as a "problem of the week" for araragi. Well, just call it a hunch, but I have a feeling she'll be featured soon in the series I mean she is an MC right?

You better be right. >:( (I mean seriously. She /is/ dating that Araragi guy.Didn't she want to talk more? ;o; Nya-ha-ha-ha-ha<3
CathedralJul 5, 2012 5:47 PM
Jul 19, 2012 9:28 PM

Sep 2006
The show is going downhill ever sincethe Nadeko arc. There's less and less mystery and the conversations are more ... boring. It's none of the witty conversations in Hitagi and Mayoi arc.

Nadeko doesn't really add much to the story, since her background/oddity is so weakly elaborated, and she just clings around being cute and harem-y.They should just drop Nadeko from the show altogether and lengthen Hanekawa's speeches.
Aug 3, 2012 6:18 PM

May 2012
Nice start of the arch! Will be quite interesting for the coming 4 episodes! Didn't liked the OP that much but it wasn't bad either! Still love the second and fourth the most!
Aug 7, 2012 9:46 PM

Nov 2011
At this rate, Senjougahara is going to dump him for hitting on so many girls! >=(.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Mar 11, 2013 5:12 PM

Aug 2008
The animation man, it's just so quirky.
Mar 16, 2013 6:10 PM

Sep 2011
I can't really say why, but Hanekawa just irritates me. She annoys the hell out of me every time she is on screen. And now the final arc is going to be about her? :/
Btw, I heard that the prequel to this is about her (explaining what was referred here), 4 episodes. And here, if I counted right, she will have like 3-4 episodes. What the heck is so important about her? Not even Senjougahara had that many. I know she isn't really an MC, but she was pretty much shown as one.
At least I hope the final episode won't be about Hanekawa.

I'm losing interest in the show each episode...
Mar 29, 2013 10:33 AM

Dec 2012
the transformation into the white cat-woman was actually pretty nice. her voice is just annoying the heck out of me. she could be so cool if she didn't sound so ridiculous with such a high-pitched voice /sigh

and i'm confused like most people here - what's going on with senjougahara? i thought she was a main character? where the hell is she then?
Apr 17, 2013 10:05 AM

Jan 2013
Oh em gee where is Senjougahara??? It looks like she will be in the next ep, but damn, they're neglecting her so much lately. >.<

Other than that, this was a mostly boring ep IMO, but it's still okay. v.v
Apr 19, 2013 10:44 AM

Apr 2010
My favorite character now have her own arc =)
Jun 4, 2013 8:21 AM

Nov 2012
nadeko is so cute.. its so funny when the swimsuit scene I like :D

hanekawa is so nyahahahahaha :D
Jun 11, 2013 7:10 PM

Dec 2007
Finally Hanekawa! Black Hanekawa is what got me to decide to stop being lazy and watch the show.
Ich verstehe nicht
Jun 24, 2013 11:49 AM

Feb 2013
Nadeko is too damn cute. >_<

Also, Hitagi is finally coming back next episode. :D

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jul 5, 2013 10:45 PM

Sep 2011
MEOWHAHAHAHAHA! x3
~Izzy Zazztacular~
Jul 15, 2013 2:13 AM

Apr 2013
Araragi you're holding on to that swimsuit like it's a treasure :D

Anyway the episode was fine with some cute Nadeko moments :3
Jul 17, 2013 12:40 AM

Jan 2013
Good episode
Jul 18, 2013 9:31 AM

Jul 2013
senjougahara's personality is what made this show special, and now she hasn't appeared in 2 or 3 episodes...
i mean... i don't care about the random girls and araragi's niceness, i just want to see some freaking developement in the story
i liked the episode, but i am also starting to get bored
Jul 19, 2013 6:23 AM

Apr 2012
Nyahahahaha~

I feel like the only person who is indifferent to Senjougahara not being there :p I like her a lot, but not any more than most of the other female characters! And I love Hanekawa so I'm looking forward to her story.
Jul 21, 2013 3:50 PM

Nov 2012
Sengoku is so friggin cute.

puddingly said:
Nyahahahaha~

I feel like the only person who is indifferent to Senjougahara not being there :p I like her a lot, but not any more than most of the other female characters! And I love Hanekawa so I'm looking forward to her story.

I'm feeling the same too. At first, I liked Senjougahara, then I slowly shifted towards Hachikuji and Kanbaru, and by the time I took an interest in Sengoku and Hanekawa, I've pretty much forgotten about her.
Jul 24, 2013 4:00 PM

Apr 2013
poor hanekawa :c and is it me or does anyone hate how they put photographic images (mostly) people in the anime :x kinda killed my image of hanekawa irl because of the opening LOL </3 but nadeko is still cute this episode c:
Aug 4, 2013 12:39 PM

Jul 2013
FapAttack said:
poor hanekawa :c and is it me or does anyone hate how they put photographic images (mostly) people in the anime :x kinda killed my image of hanekawa irl because of the opening LOL </3 but nadeko is still cute this episode c:

THIS. but i think there was another animated opening, which is kinda better, but more horror o_o
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Aug 5, 2013 12:46 PM

Jun 2011
Black Hanekawa reminds me of Black Haru lol
Sep 14, 2013 3:37 AM

Apr 2012
It felt like I missed an episode with the flashback bit.
Nov 10, 2013 3:13 AM

Jan 2012
puddingly said:
Nyahahahaha~

I didn't care for her much at all myself. I don't know why people are saying "she makes this anime unique". I'd personally prefer to see Hachikuji more before Senjougahara. But my fav is Kanbaru.

I also don't care much for this arc. I dislike Hanekawa just because I have some odd hate for anime girls with glasses. Though I do like her "neko form".
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2013 12:30 AM

Sep 2008
Senjougahara hasn't been appearing much in this anime.

Next episode really doesn't look like it's related to this arc.
Nov 16, 2013 1:37 AM

Dec 2012
5layer said:

Next episode is the best episode.
Nov 16, 2013 3:49 AM

Sep 2008
tsudecimo said:
5layer said:

Next episode is the best episode.
Yeah it is. Just watched it.
Nov 21, 2013 10:41 PM

Apr 2011
his girlfriend sure doesnt get much screentime o.o
Dec 20, 2013 7:22 AM

Oct 2013
maaaan looks like more senjougahara next epppp keen.

what is going on with these cars, are the producers trolling us or something.

wonder how long araragi can rely on oshino for his mates problems?
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Dec 27, 2013 1:12 PM

Oct 2013
Hanekawa's dad is the biggest faggot in the universe.
Dec 29, 2013 9:50 PM

Aug 2013
The OP was really weird... Didn't really liked it.

The episode was interresting. Not much happened, but we learned Tsubasa past, which was interresting. But the thing I'm the most curious about is what Tsubasa was about to say before Shinobu bite her. She was about to tell what happen if he doesn't solve the problem between one year. And after all, he didn't really solve the problem, Shinobu only subdue the curse, but she never seem to have removed it. I really wonder what happen after that one year, which should be at the end of the Golden Weak.

The ending was funny :P
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 3, 2014 7:58 PM

Feb 2013
Finally Sejougahara next ep. Been wondering about Hanekawa's problem. Not bad.
Jan 4, 2014 11:19 PM

Jun 2012
dat Shinobu atk ><

Jan 29, 2014 7:50 PM

Jul 2013
so that white cat-girl is Hanekawa...

Araragi's sisters are only for the next episode's previews??? that's all..?
Mar 24, 2014 5:20 PM

Jun 2013
I laughed so hard when Koyomi pulled up Nadeko's skirt.
May 10, 2014 2:54 PM

Mar 2014
i adore more the Araragi-Senjougahara episodes :P
Jun 1, 2014 4:29 AM

Mar 2014
Tsubasa's arc begins!!
A Secret between the two!!
Tsubasa is really important to araragi !! Bonds!!..
Araragi's perverted self attacks lol!! (he shouted haha!!)
Nadeko runs so fast!!
She turned into a Catgirl!! its pretty kawaii... but it has an alternate personality she needs to be extra careful in with it!! ...
Black hanekawa!! ("but she's white" .. had the same first expression lol!!)
Stress is the reason!! (meowhaha!! -says a Meddlesome cat.) btw Meowhaha!! is the troll sub from what I seen in the episode.
She still cares for her friend's problems more than herself... its good but it will became bad enough if you don't want friend to meddle with your own problems too.
Good Episode!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2014 12:24 PM

May 2014
Great episode. Nadeko is so cute :3

And finally what I was waiting for ... the white neko-girl appears! And it is Hanekawa ... wasn't expecting that but still ... *0*
Hibiki07Sep 12, 2014 8:36 AM
Sep 16, 2014 2:34 AM

Jan 2013
Enjoyable episode!

Shinobu was sooo cute this ep.
Sep 21, 2014 2:40 PM
May 2013
minouneetzoe said:
The OP was really weird... Didn't really liked it.

I spotted 3D nipples in OP .
Nadeko ran faster than a loli chased by pedobear .
Jan 6, 2015 5:37 PM

Aug 2014
I enjoyed those conversations at the beginning with Sengoku and Araragi. They were funny with their obscure references and Araragi's sudden moments of shame.

Feb 14, 2015 11:29 PM

May 2014
Totally called she was going to be the last arc. It's gonna be pretty intense!
Jul 9, 2015 7:55 AM

Jul 2014
Boring as always.

1/5
Jul 17, 2015 3:23 PM

Oct 2012
I have the feeling that there is still something we don't know about Nadeko and her gaze... should I say it's unresistible? His excitement was brilliant. And dat swimsuit he was holding all the time :D

I also doubt Shinobu cancelled Hanekawa's curse, she only drained her stress/powers. With cat they founded at the beginning she has it back. Though it's obvious that strucked down cat was only the metaphor of her situation.

Stress again. I wonder if it has anything to do with her family again. Is she abused? Or is this stress based on the fact that Koyomi is now dating Senjougahara and she has feelings for him? Her comments on how she should behave seems to originate from her own experience (with her family).
Aug 13, 2015 1:43 PM

Nov 2013
Now Nadeko is my fav character, I love her. Hachikuji will be second. I wish she had what she wanted, to be his sister. I love Koyomi x Nadeko conversation and

"I feel like my manhood is being measured when I'm around you"

https://www.google.com/search?q=manhood+is+being+measured&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Nadeko wants to know onii-chan's measurements for sure XDDD

Loved Shinobu's reaction on Nadeko and I understand her, that's exact my reaction. Well Shinobu is probably jealousy but I put it as maniac rapeface XD

tsundereharasserAug 13, 2015 2:00 PM
Aug 13, 2015 2:37 PM

Sep 2014
after watching the whole thing, I think shinobu staring at them makes even more sense now.
im so glad I've finally decided to watch this.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 14, 2015 8:18 PM

Sep 2014
Be sure to take care of your stress. Ep 11.

Plot: Hanekawa takes center stage as her Oddity, the Meddlesome Cat, is revealed. WHile the problem had been cleaned up at the moment, it was a mere bandaid for her true problems. Hanekawa's home life has accumulated too much stress over time and with meeting the Cat, she attacked her parents. Koyomi solved it that time with help from Shinobu but its a wonder if they can fix is again.

Character: Despite Hanekawa being the smart and helpful classrep, here it is revealed that for all her knowledge, she does not deal with her own problems. The opening where she justified her current father hitting her was all the proof needed to see where things were going and what her problem was. She needs help but won't admit/acknowledge it.

And its bad for Araragi considering his nature and that she is his friend. You cannot step over that line and help those that don't want it.

Animation/sound: the music from the first ep was brought back for Hanekawa's transformation and it did bring an eerie style to it. The ed brought new animations such as Hanekawa's tail end, Oshino and Araragi supporting Shinobu (Awww), and Hanekawa's cat transformation at the very end.

4/5. It was a gut punch to watch and I can see why people would get upset/annoyed with Hanekawa. Still this is setting up to be a big one.
AarroninAug 14, 2015 10:11 PM

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Dec 11, 2015 5:59 PM

Aug 2014
Can someone explain to me what is the meaning of those phrases : "Red Scene" , "Black Scene" , "White Scene" ? they keep showing them and i didn't understand what is the point .
Jan 1, 2016 10:45 AM

Sep 2015
I NEED MORE SENJOUGAHARA!!! TT___TT
May 24, 2016 12:32 PM

Mar 2016
So Hanekawa can really transform into a cat girl and a troublesome one .
*adds Hanekawa to favorite characters list*
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» What to expect?! ( 1 2 )

Reckless_weeb - Sep 10

52 by Cielord »»
Sep 16, 11:17 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 31, 2009

359 by slayer70 »»
Sep 8, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 3, 2009

515 by Helios_0413 »»
Sep 1, 9:44 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 17, 2009

359 by plvtou »»
Aug 25, 1:33 PM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 4, 2009

277 by bruh98hy89 »»
Aug 12, 11:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.