Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2014 9:30 AM

Oct 2010
AlexGK said:
kawaii-despair said:
Sam1198777 said:
Umm to be really frank, no, there is no timeskip, the preview is misleading. Thats the original ojoshi sama looking at the sea. and she shows up in a flashback in the next episode. The only thing that happens in the next episode is that the ojoshi sama with manakas pendant goes down in the graveyard and hikari switches miuna out. Then they all go up and it'll end with the "nagi" song with manaka recounting how everything got fixed and running around town. Miuna gets together with that random guy and the canon couples then start dating. In the end, the fake pendant ojoshi sama causes the halt of the freezing and everyone down below also wakes up and the sea begins to move again. All due to the efforts of these 7 kids. The end.

This seems too perfect to be true.

Its exactly how it will end.
Miuna won't end up with that random guy, I'm certain of that.
Mar 27, 2014 9:31 AM

Dec 2013
Best girl cant die its ok
Beta never gives up
Never hide, Never be discouraged
Never accept friendzone
Mar 27, 2014 9:32 AM
Mar 2014
Sam1198777 said:
kawaii-despair said:
Sam1198777 said:
Umm to be really frank, no, there is no timeskip, the preview is misleading. Thats the original ojoshi sama looking at the sea. and she shows up in a flashback in the next episode. The only thing that happens in the next episode is that the ojoshi sama with manakas pendant goes down in the graveyard and hikari switches miuna out. Then they all go up and it'll end with the "nagi" song with manaka recounting how everything got fixed and running around town. Miuna gets together with that random guy and the canon couples then start dating. In the end, the fake pendant ojoshi sama causes the halt of the freezing and everyone down below also wakes up and the sea begins to move again. All due to the efforts of these 7 kids. The end.

LET ME BE HAPPY PLS. Atleast until next week. Y u all so pessimistic bros

Episode 26 preview says it all for me.

Clear water, ice melted, rainbows everywhere, girl(Miuna most likely) looking at the sea.
25-50 years later? :O
Mar 27, 2014 9:35 AM
Mar 2013
Fucking Manaka and Sea God. Manaka falls down the boat, again, and makes Miuna swim after her. Sea God is being a plain dick and takes Miuna. FFS
Mar 27, 2014 9:35 AM

Dec 2012
Ongaku008 said:
Am I the only one who gets the feeling that Miuna could be the reincarnation of the first Ojousama or something like that because Uroko said "this presense"? (okay maybe he felt the presense of the sea god). For one moment I also thought that Miuna will become one with Manaka :P!

This episode revealed that Uroko was in love with the first Oujou-sama,somehow hinted that he was actually the Sea God,so maybe that's why he felt something for Miuna (I really shipped them for a second lol). It would be interesting to see them together in the end.
Mar 27, 2014 9:38 AM

Jan 2011
Madara31 said:
AlexGK said:
kawaii-despair said:
Sam1198777 said:

Its exactly how it will end.
Miuna won't end up with that random guy, I'm certain of that.

Yea, now that you mention it, Miuna might end up alone. Or with some new guy if the time skip is 10+ years. I generally hate triangles, but this one was resolved pretty good. But it actually did fit the plot, so I cant flame about it too much. Hated it though, Miuna didnt really have any chance after Manaka came back, but it did advance the story and had its moments.
AlexGKMar 27, 2014 9:44 AM
Mar 27, 2014 9:43 AM

Sep 2013
Possible Timeskip next episode, so we won't get a confession from Manaka to Hikari that she loves him? Want to c that in person! not from a pendant :/.

Sayonara Miuna~ Until the next timeskip...

Seriously though if a timeskip happens, then show dropped from 9/10 to 7.5/10. This episode was really good, 5/5. but Timeskips are so shit and make the story sometimes confusing to follow.

Also what about the other people of the sea? when do they wake up? Do they ever wake up and will we actually ever see them again..

If none of those questions get answered next episode, then they ruined the whole ending.
Mar 27, 2014 9:44 AM

Mar 2014
WOW okay first off I would like to say that I got so freakin' giddy when I saw Sensei in this episode. That sensei seriously is best sensei.

I feel like I am the only one who seriously enjoyed this episode haha. This episode had so many feels in it for me, I was just in awe and "omg no!" during this whole episode.

Firstly, Tsumugu x Chisaki will be canon now that everyone kind of knows how everyone feels. Now Chisaki can stop being stubborn and accept Tsumugu's blunt love and the obvious love she feels for him.

I expected the Ofunehiki to go like this. I don't know why people are mad that it seemed similar to the last Ofunehiki? I mean it was but it doesn't make it any less powerful or dramatic. I was kind of hoping there for a bit that Manaka and Miuna would be the sacrifice together? And I thought something was going to happen to Tsumugu for a second there. But no, Miuna sacrificed herself as we all had speculated. I feel bad for her. Her love will always be unrequited unless for some reason and somehow, the next episode makes them canon? I don't know, I think Hikari x Manaka is pretty canon now.

Agh I just have too many words and emotions for this episode. It was really feelsy and I can't believe it is ending next week. My score is still a 9 but if next week is amazing, it could probably be a 10. But... it'll have to be a damn good episode/ending.

Is it next week yet?!?!
Mar 27, 2014 9:45 AM

Jan 2011
CrashClown said:
AlexGK said:
Noone is going to end up as sacrifice, relax. The doll with the pendant will save the world (and Miuna).
She is still going to end up rejected though. Hate the anime for the lame triangle they created, not the resolution.

Wait. Wasn't that pendant melting when it's in the water?

That thing ran out lol.

No, it just resonated.
Mar 27, 2014 9:46 AM

Aug 2011
Senninn1 said:
Fucking Manaka and Sea God. Manaka falls down the boat, again, and makes Miuna swim after her. Sea God is being a plain dick and takes Miuna. FFS

Ahh yes. Because Manaka totally fell off the boat intentionally.
Mar 27, 2014 9:53 AM

Jan 2011
jawnmewn said:
that scene with chisaki and tsumugu was really, really awkward to watch e_e

looks like it's hikari x manaka / tsumugu x chisaki / kaname x sayu / sea god x miuna

You try to deal with an emo girl and you will know hell. Think you could do better?
Mar 27, 2014 9:57 AM
Mar 2014
AlexGK said:
jawnmewn said:

looks like it's hikari x manaka / tsumugu x chisaki / kaname x sayu / sea god x miuna

You try to deal with an emo girl and you will know hell. Think you could do better?

What about you? Tell us your experiences.
Mar 27, 2014 9:57 AM

May 2010
Again? another cliff hunger i swear!
Mar 27, 2014 10:01 AM

Aug 2013
naekiyo said:
Finally watched it. We all expected Miuna would sacrifice herself, but i was not expecting a time skip. My FEELS man, I cried for Miuna.

But this was kinda spoiled in the first ending song of the anime (Aqua Terarrium) Nagi-Asu and their damn foreshadowing.

" The detritus is swimming in the warm water
Spinning the threads for a long, long time, to form a cocoon"

Well this explains the strings wrapping up miuna.

"How long have my eyes been closed?"

This basically confirms that a time skip will happen in the next episode (and the last episode)

"Even if we keep waiting, the two of us will always be alone"

I don't really understand this part, but I think it's referring to Manaka and Miuna

"In the finite space of this aquarium
If a person’s name is called, he will turn into bubbles"

This is my biggest worry. The very word of ,"he" in this phrase makes me shiver cause I think this is talking about Hikari. I just hope not. But does anyone have other theories?

That would be crazy and heartbreaking, but it would be hell of a ending that will be remembered for a long time, if that does happen I'll have to give the series a 10/10

Oh and remember Manaka did say Hikari is the sea.... oh wow, If that is indeed the ending for next week... speechless
Forgetful00Mar 27, 2014 10:12 AM
Mar 27, 2014 10:01 AM
Apr 2013
Can we talk about how loathsome Tsumugu is?
Mar 27, 2014 10:02 AM
Mar 2014
Kuboa said:

No
Mar 27, 2014 10:03 AM
Jan 2014
Kuboa said:

Spread love, not hate :D
Mar 27, 2014 10:05 AM

Apr 2013
outkastfox said:
Did mot see that coming...damn...
you're joking right? everyone predicted this as soon as Manaka came back and the sacrifice was missing... it was mentionned in every episode threads at least a hundred times.
moaru said:
I honestly don't get why people hate this episode...?
because Miuna basically killed herself for Hikari's happiness/selfishness.
KneelBeforeMeMar 27, 2014 10:08 AM
Mar 27, 2014 10:11 AM

Sep 2011
Meldoy said:
Poor Miuna. I never did really like her but this episode made me have a lot of feels for her.

Next ep: time skip again! What if Okada pulls a plot twist and makes a Hikari x Miuna ending instead.....though Hikari x Manaka is basically confirmed from this ep.

The story of the sea god was that the Ojoshisama came back to the surface but the person she loved had died. What if next ep is that Miuna comes back to the surface but Hikari had died? Hmm....

This is so possible. I'm thinking of a 50 years timeskip but my heart will break for Miuna. :'(
pew pew pew
Mar 27, 2014 10:11 AM

Dec 2013
Was uroko-sama one of the sea god's servants? O.o
like his conversation with Hikari..
Mar 27, 2014 10:15 AM
Jan 2014
YuushaEmilia90 said:
Was uroko-sama one of the sea god's servants? O.o
like his conversation with Hikari..

Uroko was one of the sea god's scale
Mar 27, 2014 10:18 AM

Jun 2013
WOW all dem feels at once in this ep LOL. This is gonna be by far the longest msg I've posted in a forum but hell, I have lots of things to say.

Initially, I didn't really like Tsumugu x Chisaki pair because I've always shipped Tsumugu x Manaka. BUT, I'm actually quite happy that Chisaki has finally started to accept her own feelings towards Tsumugu. Even though tsumugu x chisaki moment in this ep was kinda awkward (tsumugu's a lil too straightforward, it was kinda weird), but i'm happy that this ship has been confirmed. yay to all tsumugu x chisaki shippers. :')

Tsumugu knew all along that Manaka loved hikari huh... And he kept it for so long LOL. Man of his word.

I was like " -_- " when Kaname jumped into the sea right after Chisaki did. And i thought that he wanted to stop Chisaki or smth but NOPE, HE SAVED SAYU FROM FALLING OFF THE BOAT ^O^ SCOREEEEEEE

And once again, Manaka fell of the boat. Miuna followed after and eventually became the sacrifice. Didn't really like Miuna at first also but after the recent eps, I've come to realise how brave and strong-willed this girl actually is.
Finally, Hikari comes to know about Manaka's feelings towards him.

Pairings are more or less confirmed.
I REALLY DONT WANT THIS SERIES TO END UGH
Mar 27, 2014 10:29 AM
Nov 2010
Didn't they learn anything from the first ceremony - keep the girls off the boat. I highly doubt the ceremony absolutely needs the extra maidens.

btw, if there is a timeskip and Miuna is stuck down there it will be a pretty horrible ending for most everyone else . They would spend their lives knowing that their happiness came at the cost of having their friend stuck in a cocoon at the bottom of the sea - the same sea they would look out onto every day if they live in the town or worse in Shioshio.

Don't forget about Akari - she would be losing her daughter. Not her biological daughter mind you, but I guarantee her love is just as deep - as would be her despair if she were lost.
Mar 27, 2014 10:30 AM

Sep 2013
I flipped my middle finger at the screen when Tsumugu and Chisaki hugged each other

Mar 27, 2014 10:31 AM
Mar 2014
^LOL
Mar 27, 2014 10:34 AM
Jul 2018
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I was crying so hard. I love all these characters and I feel for every one of them. When the ceremony started and they played the same song from ep 13 and it seemed to be going the same direction, I was so scared. So scared. I couldn't even tell what would happen. And by the end of the episode, I was literally in tears. I can't take this. I can't take the feelings from this. I can't take that the next episode is the last.

I keep getting shocked by Tsumugu's bluntness (it's me you love) but it's really cute (he'd always been blunt but now he can say his feelings) I can't believe how Tsumugu & Chisaki ended up from how I started shipping them around episode 4. (Because I thought it was futile at the time and no way the anime would go there. OH MY GOD.)

I really, really love Kaname now too.

And Miuna didn't sacrifice herself. She went to save Manaka and it looked like she accidentally got pulled in.

I wonder if people are right and somehow Hikari dies like the story.. ;_; I freaking hope not. Uhg.

And timeskip or not, this has been the best anime ride ever. Such a brilliant work of art and characters and story and feelings. I feel the feelings of every single character so deeply, and this never happens.

For me, this anime was 10/10 within the first 5 episodes. Now it's 100000/10 and it wins the title of my favourite anime ever. #1. To me, it truly is a masterpiece and I never been so sad to see an anime end before.
Mar 27, 2014 10:39 AM

Sep 2013
at last 5 seconds of the video, I think that was grown up Miuna, so basically , Hikari is going to save her.

Mar 27, 2014 10:39 AM

Dec 2012
Meldoy said:

The story of the sea god was that the Ojoshisama came back to the surface but the person she loved had died. What if next ep is that Miuna comes back to the surface but Hikari had died? Hmm....

That would actually be really interesting to see.
Mar 27, 2014 10:41 AM
Dec 2012
I feel like I would be a lot more angry at this episode if I hadn't watched hamatora episode 12 before watching this. I was prepared for the "say wot mate?" ending.

Them miuna feels though.

Could some one recommend an anime that has the same feeling as this one after looking at my list? My watching list and plan to watch are pretty much the same, so anything from there or anything I haven't found through browsing MAL.
Mar 27, 2014 10:42 AM
Jan 2010
GlaringDream said:

And Miuna didn't sacrifice herself. She went to save Manaka and it looked like she accidentally got pulled in.

What I got from watching it was that she pushed Manaka out of the current. So yes, she did do it purposely.
Mar 27, 2014 10:44 AM

Dec 2011
Wow. Looks like Miuna became the new Ojoshi, the opening isn't wrong. I wonder if the falling wooden Ojoshi-sama will save her? Can't wait to see how this ends.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2014 10:44 AM

Dec 2008
In Akira's language, love means Kancho! LOL!!!

Miuna must be a masochist. There's no way that I'd want to repeatedly listen to the man I love declare his love for another woman. It would just take one time for me.

Tsumugu is the man!!!! I wanted a kiss, but baby steps.

LMAO @ Uroko being from the shoulder blade of the Sea God. What happened to the rest of the scales?

Cookies to all of you that called Miuna becoming the next wife of the Sea God! It looked like the Sea God tried to take Manaka back at first, but I guess he decided that Miuna was a good enough replacement. Sucks to be Miuna right now...the second choice for the Sea God.

Sent with Mal Updater
Mar 27, 2014 10:47 AM
Jul 2018
v3catsxanime said:
GlaringDream said:

What I got from watching it was that she pushed Manaka out of the current. So yes, she did do it purposely.

Yeah, that's true but I don't think she intended to become the Ojoshi in place of Manaka which most seem to be saying.
Mar 27, 2014 10:47 AM

Sep 2013
Japman said:
Meldoy said:

That would actually be really interesting to see.

I'd say this is quite possible

Mar 27, 2014 10:49 AM

Oct 2012
OMG! Things escalated quickly... Sea Good took Miuna and doesn't want to leave someone steal her... Maybe that girl in the preview was an old Miuna? Feels :(
And Ena is like transferable? Miuna touched Manaka and now both have ena...
Tsumugu still wants to be with Chisaki but she's a difficult girl lol... Maybe in last episode we'll see something good within them.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Mar 27, 2014 10:55 AM

Jul 2013
Even though I knew Miuna would sacrifice herself, it still left me at the edge of my seat. (probably because I was anxious about what would happen to the other guys and how they would work together in the panic of the Ofunehiki? Dunno.) That falling Ojishi-sama gave me some kind of hope.

From the preview, it's obvious that Miuna is gonna be ok (or at least alive) and I smell a timeskip just like episode 14. We just have to wait and hope for a good final episode! :3

“In all things, the heart must take precedence. The heart rules over all things, and all things come from the heart.”

Mar 27, 2014 10:58 AM

Sep 2011
Can anyone tell the voices from the preview?

1. Love is like the sea = ?
2. If she didn't love me.. = Hikari
3. I'm glad I fell in love with you = Miuna
4. "Miuna" the beautiful sea = Manaka
5. The calmed sea begins to move = ?

Thanks in advance :D
and I totally forgot the meaning of Miuna's name
pew pew pew
Mar 27, 2014 10:58 AM
Jan 2010
GlaringDream said:
v3catsxanime said:
GlaringDream said:

Yeah, that's true but I don't think she intended to become the Ojoshi in place of Manaka which most seem to be saying.

Then what was the point of her making Hikari declare his love for Manaka? She did it so it would hurt her and then she would become the sacrifice.
Mar 27, 2014 11:02 AM

Oct 2013
SNAFU again huh? Well whatever we all expected this, if we don't get what Manaka wanted to tell Hiikari back then (probably confessions) it's gonna be crap. And why do girls like hurting their selves, seriously I hate that crap where they hurt theirselves to forcefully remove their affections for somebody

v3catsxanime said:
GlaringDream said:
v3catsxanime said:
GlaringDream said:

Then what was the point of her making Hikari declare his love for Manaka? She did it so it would hurt her and then she would become the sacrifice.
How'd you get that theory lol, I don't think there's a rule that the Ojoshi needs to be not in love
Mar 27, 2014 11:03 AM

Apr 2012
lmao I was laughing during the Chisaki/Tsumugu scene. Tsumugu is all like I KNOW YOU LOVE ME BITCH...... NOW GIVE ME A HUG

Chisaki: POOR ME I DON'T DESERVE THIS /WRISTS

so awkward...... >.>
whelp at least she didn't push him away this time lol

Seagod trolling 2.0

Kaname saving his waifu's ship was awesome

Poor Miuna :( Didn't want her to pair up with Hikari but she doesn't deserve this T_T....... but I'm pretty sure it's going to be a tragic/bittersweet ending for Miuna.
zzzeallyMar 27, 2014 11:07 AM

Mar 27, 2014 11:07 AM

Jan 2011
CrashClown said:
AlexGK said:
jawnmewn said:

What about you? Tell us your experiences.

I didnt do any better, thats my point :(
Mar 27, 2014 11:09 AM
Mar 2014
:(
Mar 27, 2014 11:14 AM

Feb 2012
joori_Strawberry said:
Meldoy said:
Poor Miuna. I never did really like her but this episode made me have a lot of feels for her.

Next ep: time skip again! What if Okada pulls a plot twist and makes a Hikari x Miuna ending instead.....though Hikari x Manaka is basically confirmed from this ep.

This is so possible. I'm thinking of a 50 years timeskip but my heart will break for Miuna. :'(

Miuna's naked in the next ep preview, so another possible time skip? That would be funny if enough time had passed where everyone already died of old age by the time she comes back from the sea. Tragic end right there.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2014 11:15 AM

Sep 2013
Can we just get a 3rd season and make it a parallel universe one. Where Manaka actually dies, Hikari and Chisaki is in love, Tsumugu has emotions, Miuna likes Tsumugu, and Sayu and Kaname getting married or something?

When it comes to the last episode, I don't think I would be able to admit the story has completely ended. BECAUSE I WOULD BE IN PAIN IF DID ADMIT MY FAVORITE ANIME ENDED COMPLETELY

Mar 27, 2014 11:16 AM

Sep 2008
Zeally said:
Poor Miuna :( Didn't want her to pair up with Hikari but she doesn't deserve this T_T....... but I'm pretty sure it's going to be a tragic/bittersweet ending for Miuna.

You forget about Akari, Manaka, Hikari, Sayu and other people who she left...

Writers totally ruined this series and lot of characters.... -.-
Mar 27, 2014 11:24 AM

Aug 2012
Tsumugu pretty much demanding Chisaki's love that was good.

Mar 27, 2014 11:24 AM

Apr 2012
oh man if she really does come back after everyone is dead, that would suck big donkey balls lol. Pretty bold move by the author too if it comes true.

Mar 27, 2014 11:25 AM

Sep 2009
This episode felt so...rushed. And what do you know, Miuna ended up like we all expected (come on now, we could all see this coming from a mile away). Guess that's one easy way of making the proportion of girls to boys even: sacrifice one of them. Now no one has to worry about leaving anyone out. Yay?

Sigh, this episode was fairly disappointing in its presentation. I also would've preferred if they didn't make the tragic Miuna ending so obvious in the many previous episodes.

Hoping the final episode does its job.
Mar 27, 2014 11:33 AM

Jan 2014
i'v cheered up manak x hiakri but poor miuna why they had to sacrifice her explain
damn it Fuck writer
Mar 27, 2014 11:34 AM

Sep 2010
My hopes for the lasts episode are...
- Manaka gets her feels back and her and Hikari live happily ever after.
- Chisaki and Tsumugi get all dokidoki and Chisaki finally admits her feelings.
- Sayu and Kaname get together. Long shot but hey it could happen since their ship is sailing.
-Miuna doesn't stay trapped. I don't even like her, but just no. She was a strong character and to just give up at the last minute is just a no. Nope no nuh uh no thank you. She can be the strong female who doesn't need a love interest, OR maybe she'll finally try looking at that one guy who admitted his feelings for her a long time ago????!
-Sea people wake up finally please.

OH and please PLEASE no time skip. Maybe half way through, but I feel like what happens right after this is going to be important.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

652 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

431 by Redcher »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

12 by mo_lave »»
Sep 26, 2023 8:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2014

412 by Redcher »»
Sep 26, 2023 5:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.