Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 4, 2019 10:13 PM

Jan 2018
kinda anti climatic ending, still satisfying as a sort of epilogue tho. honestly this last five episodes made up for all the boring "arcs", overall 7/10, good show but really flawed. i like the ost and some ideas are pretty clever but the script is at best decent and at worst absolutely abysmal, bad pacing and lots of boring and shitty episodes. could've been much better.
Nov 6, 2019 7:13 AM
Jul 2018
Nice epiloque, though the quality of the writing was very variable and the middle part was kinda boring, the last stretch from ep 20 to 25 really saves the show and makes it go from a mediocre anime to a really good one imo. 7/10
Jan 17, 2020 12:21 PM

Oct 2014
definite contender for worst anime i ever seen
May 14, 2020 1:50 PM

Jul 2013
So in the end nobody died but a bunch of nobodies.

ArkX said:
Was anybody else really disappointed by this show? It had so much potential but refused to commit to being a dark show by doing something actually dark and failed as a result of it.

Episode 26, this last episode felt out of place. Everyone's happy and none of the crew members with actual character developments faced any consequence. This ending felt lackluster but overall the journey itself was pretty entertaining.
Aug 20, 2020 1:13 PM
Jul 2020
Glad I watched it. People say it's Lord of the Flies in space, which I agree, but I definitely see it's influenced by submarine movies, Das Boot maybe? Which makes sense since Ryvius resembles a submarine, and Geduld behaves like the ocean, the more you go deeper, the stronger the pressure.
It also reminds me of Ideon. Of course, it's made by Sunrise, Solo ship + Ideon are similar to Ryvius + Vital Guarder. Just like Ideon, Ryvius can only be operated by teens and it is actually sentient.
Also the Vaiva squids just like Uchuu Kaiju from Gunbuster, haha.

The show is pretty much hard SF but I do question a few designs such as the marionette mechanism for the mechas, idk, it would be much simpler if the operators are inside it. Also, I'm sot sure what solids are. I guess it's some kind of computer scripts, but I feel like it's just too much work.
I also don't understand why Delta Liebe performed a "dive" for maintenance, not much explanation.
My theory is that Delta Liebe is in low power state so it can't maintain it's altitude.
Another thing is how they animate Geduld, when Ryvius resurfaces, the Geduld creates wave-like effect just like water. but should it be clouds of super hot plasma so we get smoke effect? I may be wrong since I'm not a physicist.

I think it would be better if it's 24 episodes, just remove all the recaps and it would be perfect. I don't mind the ending, I actually quite like it, finally an ending that is not rushed.

8/10

... wait, I do notice a bit plot hole, why did they disguise the Ryvius as a school? It just doesn't make sense. The solar system is super huge, you can hide it at a remote location and done, nobody would find it. Well, it's still give it an 8/10, maybe I'm biased since I love SF and the story is pretty unique, but I do agree with people who gave it 7/10.

May 24, 2021 7:45 AM

Jul 2013
The ending was just terrible and stupid. Some of them coming back would be acceptable but everyone coming back is down right re.....it doesn't make much sense to even risk it all by hiring some of the nuttier ones.

Aug 25, 2021 9:27 PM

May 2020
Honestly I'm not really disappointed by the ending. I'll admit, I was surprised they decided to go for a happy ending. The only thing I'm disappointed in is that they didn't show Blue. He's definitely on the ship (After all, Juli's there) and Yuki had his ass handed to them.

Honestly this show isn't terrible but I found it hard to be invested in the characters until the very end and even then I only cared about some of them. The last few episodes after Ikumi went insane were the best episodes to watch.
Sep 12, 2021 10:13 AM

Feb 2017
There's a trope in anime, where a whole series can go by, the characters grow and develop, but nothing actually changes, and I feel like that's happened here. The characters end where they began. If there were a sequel to this show, it could start off almost exactly the same, with the same characters hating each other, coming into conflict with one another, etc. Its one of the tropes that I don't like, because it makes me think that all of the struggles throughout the series were meaningless if there is no discernible growth or change in the character. It cheapens the story because it almost seems like actions don't have lasting consequences. Why are all of these characters coming back to a place that caused them such trauma? Show how they changed, what changes they've made in their lives as a result, and have some lasting differences.

My biggest gripe about this show is that I didn't like any of the characters. I feel like Kouji was supposed to be the main hero, but I'm still mystified about what he stands for, or what his motivations are. I feel the same about almost all of the characters, except Blue, Faina, and Ikumi. Most of them are just...there. Reacting to the situation in mostly ineffectual ways. They don't make me root for them, or show aspects of their personalities that are endearing. I enjoyed the setting, the overall story, and the animation was fine, but the characters could have been vastly improved.
Jan 9, 2022 3:00 PM

Dec 2013
Yep, can't say I enjoyed this series but the setting and character development was at least interesting. People kept describing it as lord of the flies in space and I can see why now.
Mar 26, 2022 11:39 PM
Mar 2022
It makes no sense how kouji can act buddy buddy with ikumi after what he did to him. Why come back to the ship as well?
May 28, 2022 12:31 AM
Oct 2020
I don't understand the point of those attack. They could have rescued them from the start and obtain the Ryvius, right?
And what was the point of that terroristic attack from the first episode?
I don't find any sense at all
Sep 8, 2022 5:11 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Okay, but why did they decide to go aboard the Ryvius despite being stranded in there for several months? If I were one of the victims, I would never step in that ship again. Also, what the hell happened to Kozue and Blue?
Feb 28, 2023 10:12 AM

Dec 2022
I'd give it a 7/10. It was a 6/10 for me until the last few episodes decided to shoo out most of the irrelevant antics and finally approach the epic space-opera fantasy territory that I had initially expected from this anime. Probably not all that realistic for so many of them to be returning to the Ryvius, considering how many of them ended up hating being on it, but at least it made Neya happy. Infinite Ryvius is a very weird watch, and the character interactions ended up being more likeable than most of the characters themselves. It often finds itself being so close to writing genius scenes, but also consistently finds a way to stunt them with banal results. The last third of it definitely saves the series, and allowed it to crawl out of that lethargic bog of social drama and inconsequential squabbling that caused the middle episodes to drag on.
Archean-ReturnMar 3, 2023 12:41 AM

Shaded Horizon

Jun 27, 2023 2:22 AM

Nov 2022
It is not the ship but the bad luck and heavy circumstances that caused all the trauma and happen on Ryvius.

Anyhow not ten years have passed since it was released and IRL they introduced austerity and since then world turns into one big Ryvius.

My belated Welcome aboard to you all.
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Infinite Ryvius Episode 23 Discussion

coyote256 - Mar 6, 2010

24 by TheVistrian »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Infinite Ryvius Episode 22 Discussion

Flaecy - May 11, 2010

14 by TheVistrian »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Infinite Ryvius Episode 21 Discussion

Beatnik - Aug 9, 2009

30 by TheVistrian »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Infinite Ryvius Episode 20 Discussion

Flaecy - May 11, 2010

24 by TheVistrian »»
Yesterday, 3:01 AM

Poll: » Infinite Ryvius Episode 19 Discussion

Flaecy - May 11, 2010

20 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 25, 10:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.