Forum Settings
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »
Dec 27, 2014 12:29 PM

Jan 2014
Haruhi with long hair is just kawaii <3
Dec 29, 2014 2:47 PM
Sep 2014
What amazing movie. Im big fan of time travel, parallel world movies so i guess it is extra plus for it.
I just like every aspect of this movie, especially after the prologue when sh?t hits the fan.
It kept me on the edge of my seat from that point till the end.

Cant wait for the season 3 * yes, there will be one one day, i know it * but i will accept Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu with open arms :)
Jan 9, 2015 11:08 AM

Mar 2014
This movie is a masterpiece. I thought the tv series was good, but I didn't care too much for it. This movie tho... shit blew me away. I wasn't really expecting much, so it was crazy how everything came together.
Jan 19, 2015 7:27 PM

Sep 2013
so what did asahina whispered in kyon's ear when ever they were sitting on a bench in the park?
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Jan 23, 2015 7:47 AM

Oct 2014
The movie was awesome I loved normal Nagato I wish Kyon didn't fix the world Nagato for the win!
9/10
Jan 26, 2015 6:45 AM

Nov 2014
I enjoyed watching this movie a lot more than the series actually. I found the first 2 seasons a bit boring actually and watched it because of its popularity. This movie is a lot better, tho you need to have watched the previous 28 episodes to grasp what is going on in this movie.

Time travel isn't my cup of tea because of all the time paradoxes but still enjoyed this great movie.
The animation, beautiful and outstanding!

In the end it seem to me like there could be a hidden life lesson in it.
Like:" don't complain when you know you have it well". You could have been born in a third world country, so complaining about your life while you have it a lot better then a lot of others is selfish.

slayermusiq1Jan 26, 2015 6:51 AM
Feb 15, 2015 4:51 AM

Jun 2013
Just re-watched the entire franchise and this movie of course, ended up bumping up the score. Still the movie's way better than the tv series. It focuses a lot on the characters; Kyon and Nagato. Despite Kyon's complaints and sighs, he now realizes that he actually enjoys to be a member of the SOS. Nagato is also humanised. She actually has emotions. I'm pleased, worth my time.
Mar 3, 2015 7:18 PM

Nov 2012
Seems like I have a very unpopular opinion, but I'll go and say it anyway. I thought the movie was well done , definitely better than the TV series seasons 1 and 2 which I thought for the most part were pretty bland/mediocre.

That being said I didn't think this movie was amazing or anywhere near 9-10/10 material though. I did like the fact that it was nice that all of these events made kyon kind of question which world he wanted, and made him realize that he actually enjoyed spending time with the SOS brigade by being presented with a world in which they were'nt themselves. Even though its kinda cheesy/predictable he'd want the the world he was originally a part of.

Overall I gave the movie 7/10 for presenting some interesting situations for Kyon , making him think about his relationship with SOS brigade, and for some great presentation, but otherwise it was okay. I think my feelings about the movie might be connected to the fact that I didn't really find the cast of characters in teh whole show too interesting enough to care much about to begin with, so that probably influenced my feelings of apathy when it appeared the group members were missing and kyon goes through such great stress to regain his friends.
Mar 8, 2015 6:25 AM

Apr 2014
9.9/10 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like how All this goes....how Kyon was Crazy at 1st ...
Nagato message was like an Encouragement then a hint to anything.
I like how John Smith Decide to Tell Haruhi his Identity and Her Reaction to it.
I like the Quality of this movie...It feels really good...
I like how Nagato Yuki Being Shy and all and Was Attacked By Kyon...She turned me on.
I really Liked Nagato Yuki With These Expressions... Really cute.
I like how I Finished watching the series 1st then watch this movie...otherwise I would be clueless as to what is going on at all.
I like the Expressions they made in this movie ...
I like a few Original Soundtracks in this movie...Feels Nostalgic...Like Spirited away Nostalgic.
I don't like how Ryouko Still comes back and stab him for trying to change back.
I like the idea that Kyon did not actually Fall from stairs and it was all altered in their memories, I like to believe Haruhi is no goddess, changing her mind is possible.

This is a good movie...made me not want to move out of my chair until it's finished.
LoongFeelsMar 8, 2015 6:36 AM
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Mar 18, 2015 1:42 PM
Jan 2012
good movie.
i liked much. Final of movie makes 1 possible clif hanger for closed history in yuki nagato shoushitsu.
Mar 19, 2015 2:33 AM

Jun 2013
I love this movie.

Despite Kyon's complaints about Haruhi, he comes to realize that he enjoys being a member of SOS Brigade. I love the way that Nagato is becoming a human in the alternate world.

I cried when Kyon is stabbed, although I know he can't die like that.

Overall, this movie is amazing.
Mar 19, 2015 7:14 PM

Feb 2015
Just watched this movie.

I... I did not expect this. It was very good. Great. A masterpiece. It also did a thing very few movies or the like can do... I cried. At the moment of writing this, I still am kind of. Thus movie has touched me on a way I didn't think of. This already shows what an impact it gives and how great it is.

It also gives you a thought. Great food for thought. I myself have problems, complain like Kyon. But this movie made me realize it. If the world were to change to be without that, I'd do anything to return it. It makes you cherish and value what you have here and now much more. I think this alone is what makes one need to watch the series and this. It's truly amazing.

The credits song, too. It's what just let me in tears completely. I will remember you. All this, the whole series, the characters... They will have a special place in my heart (they HAVE it).

I also didn't watch Haruhi or anime for 4-5 years. I still remember the series very well though and the movie made me remember those moments. I'm not sure if I should do a rewatch though, I think I it'd be better for me to just keep this as a great memory. Haruhi did actually have a great impact on me though, which still is here today. In fact, I wished (well, prayed too) for Haruhi to be here. Alive. With me.

It did happen. Different name, but everything else is just like her. She's my best friend. The most trustworthy one, too. Sit together at school, too. And I have an attachment to her too, actually.

So in the end, as the conclusion of this, this is a genuine masterpiece that touched me in a way very few movies can do, is with a morale, food for thought and a thought, and it made me realize the impact the series has made on me. And I will never forget you. You all will be in my heart.
Apr 5, 2015 10:36 PM

Jun 2014
This was excellent. At first I was disappointed they had an orchestral OST that made it feel too much like a classic American melodrama a la Douglas Sirk. And then there's a cool section where you get the feeling the series totally wrote itself into a corner. And then a solid plot twist. And boy were those last 30 minutes were really amazing. Those last 30 minutes seriously make me feel bad for not giving this a higher score, but they just didn't hit quite as high as the stuff I give a 9/10.

Revisiting this, this is definitely 9/10 and in my top 20 movies ever.
Index1May 18, 2015 2:14 AM
Apr 12, 2015 7:38 PM
Jul 2018
Wow one of the best anime movies ive ever seen. Epic. Yuki became my favorite character from this show.

9/10.
Apr 17, 2015 6:22 AM

Feb 2015
The movie was very satisfying. They used the mystery element well. I enjoyed every moment of it.

10/10
Apr 29, 2015 11:28 PM
Jun 2011
Third or fourth time I've watched it- still as great as the first time. On this watch though, I realized I had never actually sat through the ending credits and man was that song powerful- I almost started tearing up towards the end.

Here's to an excellent, and in my mind, unforgettable film.
May 2, 2015 1:03 AM

Apr 2013
Just watched this again on Blu-ray this time, absolutely stunning.
May 8, 2015 11:25 PM
Nov 2012
Just rewatched the whole series+the movie it was surprisingly fun I rarely rewatch anything but I think this is going to change from on but it made me wish for an extra series/movie :( (and don't tell me to watch Yuki series it's the reason I rewatched the original in the first place) and I just realized there's an after credit clip!!!

I'm sticking with 9/10 not that I though the movie wasn't perfect but it's incomplete with watching every second of the show, can't believe people would skip it!
May 13, 2015 6:55 PM

Mar 2015
I really loved this movie.

Jul 11, 2015 3:49 PM
Jul 2011
I'd rate this movie a 7/10.

I might have rated it higher if I hadn't already watched the '80s anime show Kimagure Orange Road a long time ago. The last few episodes of the Kimature TV series had an almost identical storyline (this movie's director had previously worked on one of the Kimagure movies, by the way). And honestly, I found Kimagure's version of the story more enjoyable.
Jagged_85Jul 11, 2015 7:07 PM
Jul 19, 2015 9:39 PM

Jul 2014
Best thing since sliced bread, there's a reason why it's #19!
Jul 28, 2015 12:20 AM
May 2013
if we never get S3 i'll be damned if this isn't the best swan song of all time. five years later i still watch this in awe.
Aug 4, 2015 9:04 AM

Feb 2012
Going to rewatch this masterpiece for a 3rd later this month. Cant wait.
Aug 8, 2015 4:34 PM

Nov 2014
Great movie, it sucked me in very quickly and didn't let go till the very end. OST was superb, as well as Kyon's monologues. It wasn't boring despite being this long which is also rare. Definitely one of the best things I watched.
Aug 24, 2015 5:08 PM

Dec 2014
there is no word can describe how good this movie
before I watched it, I thought it was overrated , but oh man, after
I watch this with Following the tow season changed my Impression , it was really deserving all the hype

in my opinion, nothing in this world is perfect, but if I have to chose one movie near to perfection I will go with this movie

10/10
Sep 2, 2015 11:22 AM
Sep 2015
Lol this movie is so epic, I hope for the next movie :3 you're so damn lucky like me kyon kun nyahaha
LuumalSep 2, 2015 6:48 PM
Sep 6, 2015 6:42 PM

Sep 2012
Should've picked the new world: Yuki is just too cute. I guess that's why there's a Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu.
Sep 17, 2015 2:18 PM

Dec 2014
I really didn't like the original series giving them a 4 and 3. That's probably why it's taken me almost a year to get to this movie but my god was this movie amazing. I was just in aww throughout the whole thing. Everything about this movie was awesome to the point were I almost want to go back and rewatch Haruhi to see if maybe now I'll like it, I'm not lol but it makes me want to and that's pretty cool. Who knows though I might end up rewatching it at some point.

9/10
Oct 22, 2015 1:06 AM

Mar 2014
That was so fucking beautiful, I don't even know who best girl is anymore.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Oct 26, 2015 5:52 PM
May 2013
StrawberryRain said:
That was so fucking beautiful, I don't even know who best girl is anymore.

The best girl is definitely Koizumi.

Oh...I mean Nagato. I always had a love for introverted Nagato, but the movie severely enhanced my opinion on her (and Kyon--the one I loved).
Nov 4, 2015 3:42 PM
Dec 2014
Just rewatched the movie today for kicks. It's still incredibly good.
Dec 16, 2015 5:55 PM

Oct 2013
Almost three hours gone just like that.

Such an amazing movie.

Feb 13, 2016 10:00 AM

Feb 2015
This movie was a masterpiece! Just amazing, especially at how we get to learn more about Nagato. She was adorable as the shy human girl. It seems that the burden of just observing, especially through the 15,000 repeats in Endless 8, was too much for even Nagato. Terrific story, start to finish. It wraps up the story nicely.
Feb 22, 2016 7:37 AM

Jan 2013
Words can't describe how good this movie was ...

There were so many amazing scenes ;

Haruhi getting so cheerful and into it when Kyon told her all about the world he's supposed to be in. SOOOO CUTTTEEE

Nagato's character was outstanding, who would've thought Nagato would end up with feelings and willing to change the world.
Don't forget the fact she was subjected to the 15000+ times of observing THE SAME 2 weeks. (Endless Eight)

For a second I thought the world Kyon woke up in at the end was fabricated, with Koizumi talking about Kyon falling off the stairs etc.
The ending was amazing, Kyon willing to protect Nagato even though she was the one who instigated the entire issue.

Oh and don't forget the monologue of Kyon talking to himself, the choice he needs to make, what world he wants to live in, magnificent.

AAAHHH this movie was so good <3

The score would be;
15,532/10
Mar 29, 2016 3:29 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
I am probably the only one that shares this opinion : the movie was "okay". After what the series did to me with the endless 8 and confusing broadcast orders, I didn't expect anything great from this movie.
May 28, 2016 11:16 AM

Jul 2013
First i look at the timer and was like "jesus, is this movie long and boy do i hope that it doesn't drag" but after watching i thought that it was little bit too short. What prevent's the movie reaching it's true potential was that there wasn't enough scenes between the alternative world Nagato and Kyon. If the movie would have been 3 hour's and the extra time would have been extra scenes before Kyon discovers the alternative Haruhi the pay off could have been greater.

It's still a good movie but it's still a shame also.
Jun 5, 2016 2:35 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
It's a film to enjoy, especially if you liked the series, it goes beyond that.
It is mandatory to watch the series before to watch the movie!
Loved it!

--
Es una película para disfrutar, sobre todo si te gustó la serie, va más allá.
¡Es obligatorio ver la serie para poder ver la película!
¡Me ha encantado!
Jul 9, 2016 1:01 AM

Jul 2016
top movie leaving me with some questions and realization of my own life. our world is pretty boring just as what haruhi said in the other episodes. we live for no purpose so why live at all... if god does exist what was his motive, reasoning behind creating people, if god doesns't exist then there is still no point to life. everyone dies in the end whether it be now or when the sun explodes. yea, haruhi didnt say much about any of that but that is my realization. after highschool there is nothing, a job? really.. what for? death? and i know that there is no one in the world who can answer such a question. yeah i sound emo af. but i gotta write is somewhere. oh right. miss asahina, she definitely told how sad life is, on the bench with kyon. high school becomes a nostalgia was it? yeah, it was the beginning of year 10 when i came to realise that i would be leaving school shortly. so much for a happy ending.
fam fam was here. aria and shana are great. make more anime or video games for them, amarite??
^_^
Jul 30, 2016 12:44 PM

Nov 2014
Awesome movie. In the scene on the hospital roof Kyon became my hero: since he made his decision I just kept thinking that he needs to apologize to Nagato - and he did. Then when she said she will be punished I thought he needs to threaten her bosses with Haruhi - and he did! I was so stupidly happy about his actions.

The only thing I didn't like is the ending. Not only last scene felt too slow, I also really wanted to see how he saved himself. They could at least make OVA about it :/

Still, 10/10 and I doubt I'll ever revise this score.
Aug 2, 2016 6:21 PM

Mar 2016
Terkhev said:
The only thing I didn't like is the ending. Not only last scene felt too slow, I also really wanted to see how he saved himself. They could at least make OVA about it :/
You don't really need to since you already saw it happen. There's not much to show anyways:
Aure0linAug 2, 2016 6:26 PM
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Aug 9, 2016 9:03 AM

Sep 2015
The only thing that bothered me about this movie was all the CG.

kisami said:
i also loved the windows 95 bit. they had the loading sound fx right too. even the icons....haha that was so awesome.
This. I lost it when I heard the Microsoft Sound. It's also interesting how they went from XP back to 95.
bucket3432Aug 19, 2016 7:29 PM
Aug 19, 2016 6:04 PM

Mar 2016
bucket3432 said:

There was barely any tho
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Aug 19, 2016 7:32 PM

Sep 2015
FullyErect said:
bucket3432 said:

There was barely any tho
Computer assisted animation with cel-shading. I probably just notice these things too much.
Aug 19, 2016 7:46 PM

Mar 2016
bucket3432 said:
FullyErect said:

There was barely any tho
Computer assisted animation with cel-shading. I probably just notice these things too much.
CG isn't inherently bad and additional shading adds detail to the designs
I thought you were talking about that horrible CG car that only appeared for like two seconds
Sep 7, 2016 9:02 AM

Jul 2014
I absolutely LOVE this movie!!! so well made.... Sooo much adventure + mystery along the way with abit of tension.. the storyline was well written and clear and also has a statisfying ending...thats y i give this a 10/10 Must watch!
Sep 9, 2016 6:17 AM

Mar 2015
I disliked how Kyon is over reacting when the world is altered at the beginning.

Yuki Nagato is always the savior and she is win. I can understand Yuki feelings though. Staying with Haruhi is somehow tiring for me.

At the moment when Kyon wakes up from fall in private hospital, all the member reaction of relieve is quite heartwarming.

3.6/5
Not the best movie.

Overall: 7/10
Sep 29, 2016 7:40 AM

Jul 2012
I felt crushed when the other Nagato cried while taking the club application.

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Oct 28, 2016 8:59 PM

May 2009
Hands down the best anime movie I've seen.

I loved every second of it. Haruhi looked gorgeous with long hair. I really feel sorry for the alternate Yuki though. Seemed like she wanted Kyon all for herself.
Dec 20, 2016 1:04 PM

Apr 2016
This is the fourth year i been rewatching this movie and i never get tired of it . Well see this discussion next december i guess .
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
Dec 25, 2016 9:54 PM

Mar 2016
Rewatched for the fifth time
Wow
Aure0linDec 26, 2016 7:00 AM
Pages (21) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is your favorite girl?

Shizuna - May 24

21 by melody_melon23 »»
May 26, 12:40 PM

» Kyon's decision (spoilers)

NDskies - Sep 19, 2023

17 by honyax »»
Feb 25, 1:41 AM

» Haruhi Suzumiya will have an official announcement soon…

Yuri_Niji - Dec 17, 2023

18 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 12, 2:51 AM

» Wow that was a great movie!

Zoopiez - Jun 28, 2022

18 by anizawa89 »»
Nov 29, 2023 3:11 PM

» This movie is Amazing

randomuser47 - Feb 26, 2023

19 by Recprocate »»
Sep 24, 2023 3:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.