Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 16, 2014 12:17 PM
Jun 2014
kurai-ookami-san said:
LashLethal said:

Aye, unless your parents are dicks to you, thou should not hate them. Remember that it was your mum who bestowed her tit upon thee when thou cried for milk.

well...my mom divorced two times. And it was about to do it for the third time, half year ago. And I also grew up apart from them. So yeah they are dicks.
But I paid them back for everything. A lot. And I'm still going to do it until...forever lol

God bless you brother. I don't know if there is a god though. My relationship with my dad is really poor at the minute. Last time I saw him was in April 2013 . Now all we do is text each other. Even my brothers from his other relationship make the effort to see me.
KaiwaiikillahJul 16, 2014 12:20 PM
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Jul 16, 2014 12:40 PM

Feb 2014
I make a new mask everyday.
Stop calling me your bunny I won't hop and you don't own me
Jul 16, 2014 12:44 PM

Jun 2011
Sometimes I think that I'm made of 3 different people who have separate goals.
Jul 16, 2014 1:12 PM
Jun 2013
4-5

I used to wear a mask of a douchebag in primary school, but it wore-off with the time as I understood it wasn't for me. Then I got shrivelled by the society of high-school not being one of them - douchebag-san or let's-drink-something-or-get-high-san - and wore a mask of an unknown entity.

I have one or two that intimidate people that I don't I like. This goes only for people who are abusing others, or are being pricks to others for no reason.

Other one is the perceiving one, I use this one to listen what people say, but just brush it off as it isn't any interest of me, it's usually a complains or some guy saying, "How's clicking the mouse goin'?"

And my last one is myself. I exceed staring dull, and search videos that may appeal my taste or give me a good laugh or two, I really don't think I live for anything else than laughing.

Jul 16, 2014 1:18 PM

Apr 2014
At least 4:

The party kid who won't hide from any drug
The scholar/philosopher/writer
The outgoing internet warrior
The introverted anime/video game fanatic

There's probably more... I consider myself to be quite a Renaissance Man

Jul 16, 2014 1:20 PM

Jul 2014
A home one,
a school one,
A PG one,
A Mature one,
and my online one.
Jul 16, 2014 1:34 PM

Jan 2014
LadyRenly said:
I have a closet full of masks. I've been trying to toss away as many as I can and only keep the ones that I believe are the honest ones. For a long time I swapped between them, not knowing which one was mine. When a mask fools even the wearer, it's time to throw it out.
I like that last line... :)

I guess I have various... personas. I don't know if I'd call them masks or maybe all of them are really masks. It's not like I've gone to town square and shouted out all my sins and shortcomings to the world, so in some sense I am not completely "honest" with the universe.

I have my "game face" for work, an energetic, professional, friendly, and calm demeanor. It requires some expenditure of energy to deploy this form, so around family I tend to me a bit more quiet and reserved. And in environments where I'm not comfortable I tend to be extremely introverted. Such as on the odd occasion where I go to church with family or something like that. When I'm out in the world and not working, I'm just normal. Polite without being overly outgoing.

My true self, which I assume doesn't count as a mask, is carefully wrapped away within layer upon layer of mystery and enigma. The closest I come to being that guy is probably in internet forums like here on MAL.
Jul 16, 2014 2:12 PM

Jul 2014
This thread made me cringe hard.
~ça vax~

Jul 16, 2014 2:25 PM
Jan 2014

I dont have masks, those "masks" are just different facets of my personality.
Jul 16, 2014 3:14 PM
Jun 2014
Gitanos said:
This thread made me cringe hard.

So did the fact that your mum still buys you your underwear.
Jul 16, 2014 3:19 PM

Apr 2014
cabacc2 said:

This.
your waifu is shit
Jul 16, 2014 3:42 PM
Jun 2014
IktIkn said:
cabacc2 said:

This.

That. :)
Jul 16, 2014 3:45 PM

Jan 2013
LashLethal said:

I smile and am kind to everyone else, and even though I'm more of an androgynous guy some people refer to me as feminine. I cook and I clean, and people have told me that if I were a woman, they'd marry me immediately.

What they don't know is that when I was a young kid, I learned to feel the environment, to sense and observe, to hack and saw, to start fires, to fire my rifle with unparalleled accuracy beyond 500 meters. Behind my seemingly small frame lies a killer soul that gives off a "don't f with me" vibe to any person who has a chance of threatening me.

What they don't know is that in high school I used to be rapper, selling cuss words and rhymes for a couple of dimes.

What they don't know is that I value freedom above all else and the moment you step on my freedom I step on your corpse.
I stand with Freedom, no matter the cost, no matter the price.

Jul 16, 2014 7:33 PM

Mar 2014
Around people I don't know, or even friends I don't consider to be close enough to me to see my true personality, I act more manly than I actually am. I fake a deeper voice, and try to be the cool, silent, and non-caring guy. When i'm around someone that is very close to me, and that I trust being myself with, i'm like a little girl. The people who i'm close to always say how cute I am. I'm a really caring person, and really timid. I hate being my true self to people, because I hate the negativity I get from others.
Jul 16, 2014 7:34 PM

Jul 2013
About a dozen.
Jul 17, 2014 12:23 AM

Jul 2013
on saturdays i put on my tea tree facial mask
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)dont hate me cause you aint me( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 17, 2014 7:20 AM

Apr 2014
I have different parts of my personality that I show at different times but overall there is only one 'mask' and I wear it by default.
If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident. — Hei
Jul 17, 2014 8:12 AM
Jul 2014
I only wear 2, at school and at home. At school i try to act very outgoing and have a lot of friends, at home i hardly talk to anyone. Its kind of strange because when I go to school people will yell my name across the hall and try to talk to me, but at home I never text or call anyone from school and stay by myself a lot. I feel like im wasting good human relations... *shrug*
Jul 17, 2014 10:17 AM
Jul 2018
IktIkn said:
cabacc2 said:

This.

D-D-Double This.
Well to be honest I can call the "personality" I show in front of my parents as a mask because that isn't what I'm really like.
Jul 17, 2014 10:23 AM

May 2012
Meokii said:
IktIkn said:

This.

D-D-Double This.
Well to be honest I can call the "personality" I show in front of my parents as a mask because that isn't what I'm really like.

obviously
Jul 17, 2014 12:33 PM

Apr 2014
[edgy]I wear so many masks that I wonder whether I even have a face.[/edgy]

But, as they say: There lies a kernel of truth in every edgy statement. In fact, I keep a lot of secrets from everyone—both IRL and IVL—which, of course, results in my pretending that I'm someone else. I don't think I regret it too much, though.
Jul 17, 2014 1:51 PM

Jul 2014
Tons and tons, most are variable to the person, situation and environment I am in. The only time I don't have to wear a mask is when I'm alone and isolated in blissful solitude. No-one judging me, no-one yelling, no-one questioning my sanity... just... peace.
Jul 24, 2014 2:42 AM

Nov 2011
Tachii said:
I don't call them masks, simply different sides of your personality. People who don't know you obviously simplifies your personality to a few traits. People are complex, but not everyone have masks which seems to imply that you're trying to hide a part of yourself to someone. It's more like there's often very little opportunities to show who you really are. At least that's how it is with me.

i agree with you tachii.
in fact according to the japanese, there are four "faces" (not mask) behind every individual. family, close friends, strangers, and the face that only "you" would know
[right]
B Y ☆ H A N R E - I C H I H A R A ☆
Jul 24, 2014 3:11 AM

Mar 2012
Maybe 1.

I do behave different around various people but I consider that being tactful instead of wearing a mask.

The only 'mask' I wear is the one that I'm pretending to like the situation I'm in, while in reality I prefer to do something less social..

like playing video games and watching anime ;_;
Jul 24, 2014 3:20 AM

May 2012
A different mask for every person out there.
Jul 24, 2014 3:37 AM

Oct 2012
Enough to convince even myself.

#edgy B)

Jul 24, 2014 3:45 AM
Jul 2018
I don't really see it as "different masks" or even something that could be described with that metaphor. How you act to certain people depends on factors such as how much you know about them, how much you relate to them, what role they play in your life, and what your current mental state is. After you weigh all of those out, that's how you'll act to them - assuming the person in question is mature.

And that would be the next factor in, how mature the person is. The OP, for example, sounds like he's becoming more mature, but maybe being put into an environment that makes him less confident in himself to then act more shy. That would be an alteration in the "current mental state" factor which would then alter his output towards people.

Not masks, or anything like it, in my book.
Jul 24, 2014 4:07 AM

May 2011
Probably 5 or something, I didn't count, sorry. -_-' but sometimes I rent some.
Jul 24, 2014 6:02 AM
Jun 2014
Well, since a rock as more personality than me, I guess I don't have anything to mask. *laugh*
Jul 24, 2014 6:08 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
I think i have 2 masks.

One is the way i behave on the internet and one is the way i behave in reality.

The difference is not on purpose and i do not really get it by myself, but my close friends were telling me that i behave different online.
Jul 24, 2014 7:13 AM

Mar 2012
At least 5 I can think of from the top of my head.
Jul 24, 2014 7:40 AM

Aug 2012
One for my family, one for my friends, and one for strangers.

However, there are just times when I'm alone and don't have to pretend that I realize that I might actually be a bit retarded, since I do the stupidest shit I can imagine when I'm by myself.
What do you think? The meaning of our existence. Why do we continue to live?
~Iris Rain Umbrella, my favorite robot
Jul 24, 2014 9:30 AM

Mar 2011
I cannot be bothered to act significantly differently around different people.

I act differently on the internet to a degree, but that just comes with the different medium.
Jul 24, 2014 9:42 AM
Jul 2018
i construct a new personality for every person i met, it depends on what i'm need from him and what he's need from me. there is no such thing as "core unchangeable myself".
Jul 24, 2014 11:28 AM
Sep 2012
About 4

1. Work / Corporate
2. Family
3. Friends
4. The Mirror
"Once you miss the opportunity to say something, the words become increasingly toxic."
Jul 24, 2014 11:40 AM

Jul 2014
4 or 5 maybe: family/siblings, friends, girls, people I hate :D and maybe people I respect :?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

843 by zzz »»
21 minutes ago

Poll: » Soft Cats or Furry Cats?

KittenCuddler - 50 minutes ago

3 by Mayahuel »»
26 minutes ago

» Do you like to judge people?

Thy-Veseveia - Jun 6

21 by Nette »»
2 hours ago

» Is hating on Japan cool on the internet? ( 1 2 )

Ahegyao - Apr 16, 2020

92 by Ahegyao »»
2 hours ago

» do you still live with your parents? ( 1 2 )

FruitPunchBaka - May 29

53 by WaffleMaster89 »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.