Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 22, 2014 6:34 PM

Aug 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good pacing this episode imo. A bunch of new characters got introduced, Fujitora was revealed to be a Navy Admiral, and block A finished their fight.
Feb 22, 2014 6:52 PM

Feb 2014
Finally a well-paced, moderately well-animated episode in this arc!

Mod Edit: manga spoiler put under spoiler tag.
ThangLongFeb 23, 2014 6:45 AM
かいぞくおうにおれはなる!
Feb 22, 2014 6:56 PM

Nov 2012
This arc is so exciting. I can't believe Bellamy recognized Luffy so easily. I wonder how strong he is now. The power he had was pretty cool. I hope he at least lasts more than 30 seconds against Luffy this time.

As soon as that admiral saw a BlackBeard pirate he didn't even give a damn about his disguise anymore, he called in three battle ships!! Shit is going to go down. Plus only one more block till Luffy fights, The suspense is killing me!! I'm really loving this arc.
Feb 22, 2014 6:57 PM

Jul 2012
WhiteDelight said:

It seems his ability is not supposed to be entirely clear yet, hence the balloon scene in this episode.
Konbu is important
Feb 22, 2014 7:06 PM

Jan 2012
So Bellamy is still alive...I thought doflamingo killed him

block A finished their fight.

Feb 22, 2014 7:10 PM

Aug 2011
Animekazekage said:
So Bellamy is still alive...I thought doflamingo killed him

block A finished their fight.

He was shown last episode, and in the opening. Did you forget no-one dies?

WhiteDelight said:

That should be spoiler tagged, there was quite a bit of speculation whether that person was on Luffy's side or not before it got revealed.
Feb 22, 2014 7:57 PM

Jun 2009
lol Cavendish. He really is something. Yay, we finally meet Rebecca. I forgot about Burgess. I like that Bellamy is back though.
what is a person with SAD to do..
Feb 22, 2014 8:07 PM

Mar 2013
Great episode, if the upcoming episodes are as good as this then this arc will be just as great as it is in the manga, I only wish for a some better animation
Feb 22, 2014 8:27 PM

Jul 2013
Rebecca should join the straw hats she looks kaawai
Feb 22, 2014 9:30 PM

Oct 2008
So the blind guy is an admiral, thats cool no wonder he is so strong.
Feb 22, 2014 10:04 PM

Dec 2012
This episode didn't look dragged. I really liked it.
I knew the identities of Fujitora and Jesus Burgess. Fujitora was obvious from the opening but Burgess was spoiled for me.
I liked Luffy's conversation with Rebecca. I wonder why she wants to kill Doflamingo.
The Navy starts moving.
Can't wait to see what happens between Bellamy and Luffy. 5/5
Feb 22, 2014 10:34 PM

Nov 2013
Even if Straw Hats win the mera mera no mi, who is going to eat that devil fruit. Here is what I wish:
I want Rebecca to join the Straw Hats and she should be the one with that power. Finally, one more female member(who is also a warrior!)!!

The whole arc is full of amazement. After the announcement of mera mera no mi, no wonder so many people have taken action. I also believe that in addition to Black Beard Pirates and the Navy, other Younko would also have taken action... We already know that Kaido is involved....!
Shit is going to happen all over Dressrosa and also Green Bit.

(It is getting difficult for me to control myself from reading Manga!) So much Suspense and impatience.
Feb 22, 2014 11:01 PM

Mar 2012
Kimp said:

(It is getting difficult for me to control myself from reading Manga!) So much Suspense and impatience.

This...

don't know anymore how long my patience lol...
Feb 22, 2014 11:16 PM

Dec 2011
The pacing this episode doesn't look so stretched... and Bellamy is back!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2014 11:18 PM

Jul 2008
So we got the Burgess reveal, the rest of the Fujitora reveal, Rebecca, Cavendish, and Barty intros, and finally Bellamy...was he always so freaking huge?
Feb 22, 2014 11:43 PM
Sep 2007
So many amazing voice actors in this arc - Rikiya Koyama, Ikuya Sawaki, Akira Ishida, and now legendary Megumi Hayashibara as Rebecca.

She, Megumi, did voice Honey Queen in One Piece Movie 2, but that was like ages ago (in 2001).

I'm really glad those voice actors appeared in series, and will most likely voice very important characters.

There is also return of Wataru Takagi as Bellamy, since he voiced Vander Decken IX in Fishman arc.
Feb 22, 2014 11:53 PM

Jul 2010
At least we got introduced to few new faces and lets hope a bit more action next ep :P.
Feb 23, 2014 12:14 AM

Aug 2008
As a manga reader,I've to say this is awesome pacing. This arc is probably on of the best arc in One Piece. Look forward for this arc as there will be more exciting characters appear later on which I will not spoil it.

Manga readers,please do your best and refrain yourself from giving spoilers.

WARNING TO ANIME VIEWERS:
Do not google images Bartolomeo of One Piece. There is a spoiler(something like a meme) regarding his personality.
ZapredonFeb 23, 2014 12:26 AM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Feb 23, 2014 12:43 AM

Apr 2009
wow i'm impressed with the quality of the episode! (i still don't agree to change the cliffhangers tho (0.5+0.5 chapter per episode)

overall awesome episode.. especially the buildup to the Jesus reveal
Feb 23, 2014 1:16 AM

Jul 2013
I saw KON(Bleach) in the colosseum.
Feb 23, 2014 1:45 AM

Jul 2013
BARRRRTOLOMEOOOOOO.

That is all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2014 2:32 AM

May 2012
Too bad I was spoiled by a friend about that blind guy's true identity. But still this arc is really exciting! Can't wait for Luffy's block.
Feb 23, 2014 3:54 AM

Jun 2011
Rebecca's VA ( Hayashibara Megumi ) <3
Feb 23, 2014 4:43 AM

Jun 2011
Good stuff, and Cavendish XD Luffy's conversation with Rebecca somewhat remind me of something, regarding the

I wonder if it's related to that, or it's entirely something else? Hmm.

That Fuji scene got me so hyped about Green Bit, I want it to be animated already!!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 23, 2014 6:05 AM
Oct 2013

Mod edit
Spoiler button added.
AversaFeb 26, 2014 12:09 PM
Feb 23, 2014 6:18 AM
Sep 2013
after around half time, I looked at the clock. When the episode ended, I looked at the time to see whether it was a 40 minutes episode. Good one. Good pacing. Rebecca got one royal voice. Is that a scar on her lower right cheek? Burgess scene could have been cooler. Good episode but I still want to see the anime creators of Bleach to take over the animation work of One Piece.
Feb 23, 2014 6:42 AM

Aug 2010
Awesome ep this time :D

Loving Rebecca's voice <3

Burgess!!! BA!!

Luffy is hilarious as usual XD

The hype is so HIGH!!

And finally BARTOLOMEO IS HERE :D I can't wait to hear his voice ^^
Feb 23, 2014 6:46 AM

Jan 2014
WOW the pacing in this episode was SOOOO much better than last weeks. We got to see more champions involved in the tournament. And one of those champions is Rebecca... damn she is hot o.o , cant wait to see her kick some ass along with Luffy, And dat ending... Does Bellamy really know Luffy's real identity, shits going down. 10/10 episode, plzzzzzz let every episode be as awesome as this one was, or even more awesome...er lol XD
Feb 23, 2014 6:54 AM

Jun 2013
Only good thing the entire episode was the ost.
Feb 23, 2014 10:52 AM

Jan 2010
ToG25thBaam said:
Good stuff, and Cavendish XD Luffy's conversation with Rebecca somewhat remind me of something, regarding the

I wonder if it's related to that, or it's entirely something else? Hmm.

That Fuji scene got me so hyped about Green Bit, I want it to be animated already!!

Oh wow, now that you mention it that's a distinct possibility. I can't believe I haven't even considered that...nice find.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Feb 23, 2014 1:11 PM

Jul 2011
Great episode! So many new & old faces!
Feb 23, 2014 3:39 PM

Apr 2013
It's good that I stopped reading the manga a while back and now every episode is more exciting and fun to watch ^_^
Feb 23, 2014 6:27 PM

May 2008
Loved this episodes the introductions and Bellamy GG
Feb 23, 2014 6:58 PM

Sep 2011
Ocelot117 said:
Rebecca should join the straw hats she looks kaawai

Oh hell yes, I mean they got Ayanami Rei's voice actress to play her. That is too awesome for her to just be a side character. I'm up to date with the manga and I'm more and more suspecting that she will indeed fill the spot for the much needed new female Strawhat.

This episode was fantastic, I think it's mostly due to how great this new arc is then Toei using good pacing. Hopefully they will continue this quality for the next episodes. This arc gets exponentially better with every new chapter so there's definitely no slow down in momentum like the last two arcs. Which where very 'meh' in my opinion.
FullmetalRaikouFeb 23, 2014 7:08 PM
Feb 24, 2014 12:21 AM

Mar 2013
Finally a really well paced episode. More new faces, and the Navy is on the move. And the animation was all right.
Feb 24, 2014 11:52 AM

Jun 2013
This arc is gonna be epic i cant wait for more episodes.
Feb 24, 2014 2:11 PM

May 2011
looks like toei spent some money to improve the quality of the episodes of this arc, i was surprised when i saw the animation.. it's like OO, i didn't see such a quality like that since a long time ago, Toei, you're really something if you worked hard (and spends some money)

there's a lot of thing happened in this episode, but the best scene was when a lot of people was attacking Burgess and Burgess made them fly just by one punch
that was awesome though it was a filler :/

i really didn't like Rebecca's hair color, it would be better if she was a blond. well, i can only complain but nothing i can be done about that.
Feb 25, 2014 9:15 AM

Jan 2014
Another pointless episode. Oh let me guess, Kyro's gonna be related to one/some of the characters in there, or even show up himself.

Why even bother with the fanservice with such terrible animation/art? I hate how uninspired the idea of cavendish is.
Feb 25, 2014 10:14 AM

Sep 2013
oh shi- BELLAMY IS BACK! i thought he was dead lol
and damn, blind man is a navy admiral?! great ep
Feb 25, 2014 12:45 PM

Jun 2013
judals said:
Another pointless episode. Oh let me guess, Kyro's gonna be related to one/some of the characters in there, or even show up himself.

Why even bother with the fanservice with such terrible animation/art? I hate how uninspired the idea of cavendish is.
oh please this is just how one piece is every single arc the start is slow just get over it dude and quit whining about the animation it looks pretty good to me
Feb 25, 2014 2:13 PM

Feb 2014
Bellamy be on some steroid HGH shit. Was he always that tall? Also, really good episode. Looking forward to the next.
Feb 26, 2014 1:33 AM

May 2012
Kind of annoyed Bellamay is alive but I should know by now that nobody dies in One Piece unless they're buried. Not sure if he's gotten taller or if it just seems that way since Luffy is constantly shrinking. Rest of the episode was pretty good.
Feb 26, 2014 2:50 AM

Jan 2014
randy1925 said:
judals said:

oh please this is just how one piece is every single arc the start is slow just get over it dude and quit whining about the animation it looks pretty good to me

It's slow through and through, and not the good kind of slow, the draggy kind. The story itself is dragging ass with content like this.
Feb 26, 2014 9:40 AM

Jun 2013
judals said:
randy1925 said:
judals said:

It's slow through and through, and not the good kind of slow, the draggy kind. The story itself is dragging ass with content like this.
Not as slow as naruto and not that many fillers either, besides it might be draggy at first but it always turn out pretty awesome in the end.
Feb 26, 2014 11:31 AM

Jan 2014
randy1925 said:
judals said:
randy1925 said:
judals said:

Not as slow as naruto and not that many fillers either, besides it might be draggy at first but it always turn out pretty awesome in the end.

Naruto can't be slow, it has fillers. It might be bad, but not slow. Let's be fair.
To me one piece is the second slowest manga, and the slowest anime.
Feb 26, 2014 11:35 AM

Jan 2014
judals said:
randy1925 said:
judals said:
randy1925 said:
judals said:

Naruto can't be slow, it has fillers. It might be bad, but not slow. Let's be fair.
To me one piece is the second slowest manga, and the slowest anime.

Woah woah! Did you even watch the newest episode of HxH? It was just as slow as this, yet you gave it no hate. Could it be that (*gasp*), there's some bias in your thinking? Surprise surprise! :)

I ain't talking about the entire series now, but the individual episodes. Methinks that ye need a little re-evaluating of thine perspective. It be clouded by brine or such.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 26, 2014 11:40 AM

Jan 2014
it wasn't slow actually. A lot of details. You can try to downplay it as you always do, go ahead.

One Piece as an anime is very stretched out. Look at dressrosa, we're not even into the main part of the arc, and it's not because it's being set-up, just random stares and trying to tease things we already know. Who's that pokemonadmiral.

As a manga, it's not as slow, but still the second slowest out of what I (used to) read.

Naruto is a lot more fast-paced. They aren't shying away from moving the plot forward, despite it being the final arc. Not to say it's rushed, however.
Feb 26, 2014 11:47 AM

Jan 2014
judals said:
it wasn't slow actually. A lot of details. You can try to downplay it as you always do, go ahead.

One Piece as an anime is very stretched out. Look at dressrosa, we're not even into the main part of the arc, and it's not because it's being set-up, just random stares and trying to tease things we already know. Who's that pokemonadmiral.

As a manga, it's not as slow, but still the second slowest out of what I (used to) read.

Naruto is a lot more fast-paced. They aren't shying away from moving the plot forward, despite it being the final arc. Not to say it's rushed, however.

Like I said (but I knew you'd obviously ignore as you always manage to miss some detail of what you see ;) I'm talking of the individual episodes and not the series.

Much, much more happened in this one episode of OP than in the latest of HxH, even for the casual observer, yet I even equated them as having the same degree of slowness. But of course OP is always slower to you right?

It's a simple exercise you can do for yourself. List what happened in the HxH episode & list what happened in the OP episode. The results may shock thee.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 26, 2014 11:54 AM

Jan 2014
This episode? Cavendish trying to be funny. Yes. Details.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Whose Conqueror's Haki sound is the best

Sannin_No_Zoro - 2 hours ago

4 by Sannin_No_Zoro »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kaizokuou - Nov 20, 2009

69 by Jamzitos »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 170 Discussion

Veethorn - Oct 26, 2009

48 by FleshWound »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 450 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ninkendo - May 8, 2010

81 by bakakisima »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 449 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - May 1, 2010

69 by bakakisima »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.