Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2013 10:46 PM
Oct 2011
Dalek-baka said:
Why didn't they move that Tiger (P) into the tunner? Than enemy might have problem with going above it - but still it was a great moment.

It's called "angling", as in positioning your tank so it was angled and therefore harder for shells to inflict damage so it can survive a little longer.
Mar 26, 2013 11:50 PM

Feb 2010
Great Episode and a very Enjoyable Series overall 8/10 for me, I'm definitely Hoping for a 2nd Season
Mar 26, 2013 11:50 PM

Apr 2011
Absolutily Amazing! This just tied for my 5th favorite anime. Freezing being in 5th as well.

I want a 2nd season with new schools and different Tanks.
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Mar 26, 2013 11:54 PM

Jun 2009
The characters were nothing to write home about and the series was, at it's heart, a rather basic sports story. But, I think it told the story well enough and the use of the Tanks in a sports setting and very solid use of strategy earn it a very solid 8/10 from me. Would love another season.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 27, 2013 12:40 AM
Mar 2013
This show helped give me the full push into anime. I really loved it, especially since I looooove WWII and all that was within. The tactics, the weapons. I don't regret having watched this, all episodes thus far. The finale made me so glad that pretty much it caused me to join literally just now! Infinity out of five! I REALLY hope there is a season 2, if anybody recieves news of it please message me.
Panzer Vor!
Mar 27, 2013 1:08 AM

Jul 2012
Akiyama said:
(*´д`*)

lol this last ep was fun to watch. That was a pretty awesome tank battle! I'll go for a second season if they keep upping the art once again like in this ep.
Mar 27, 2013 1:13 AM

Sep 2010
thanks for the really fun, really solid show. 8/10

pretty dull NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TITLE celebration but you cant have it all it seems, only Momo gets an award for realistic reaction :v
CatastrophicMar 27, 2013 1:19 AM
Mar 27, 2013 1:28 AM
Sep 2012
Loved the finale! It's these two last episodes that make the the show worth it for me.

I loved how they dealt with the Maus by jamming one of their tanks under it, so it couldn't move. I really didn't think that they would actually try and take out that tank since it was so powerful. I also liked them leading every Kuromorimine around the town - splitting them up - and taking them out one by one. That was a good plan by Miho. That duel of tanks in the end was simply amazing and the animation was excellent as well. Mako was pretty good too with that awesome driving of hers. I'm really glad that Ōarai won in the end, but sad that this show is now over.

8/10 for me. I really hope that season 2 comes out soon since this show really does deserve it.
IconicMar 27, 2013 11:34 AM
Mar 27, 2013 4:00 AM

Oct 2012
I also liked Miho's plans. Furthermore, Miho always showed a genius for
Senshado so that she was quickly adapting her tactics to meet the evolving
situation.

However, Maho also had a great plan: Have many up-to-date tanks and
defeat the enemy by brute force. I never noticed that Maho did anything
especially brilliant.

Get a Girls und Panzer themed cover for your iPhone5:
https://twitter.com/charamode_jp/status/316332513016557569/photo/1
okanaganMar 27, 2013 4:27 PM
Mar 27, 2013 5:46 AM
Mar 2013
Great Episode overall, well worth the wait to be honest.
The animation was top class as usual and the action kept me interested.
It had some small issues though, driving a T38 under a Maus would have crushed the T38 into a fine paste as the T38's suspension and tracks were designed to carry a light ~10 tonnes tank, not ~109 tonnes as it did with the Maus on top. The Hetzer mod alone(~15 tonnes) was pushing the chassis harder than recommended.

Still, putting that small issue aside I give this ep. a good 5/5 and the series as a whole either 8/10 or 9/10 depending on the specials.

On the topic of those, does anyone know of Subs for them? The second OVAs' been out for a while, but I haven't been able to find any subs for it...
Mar 27, 2013 5:50 AM

Jan 2013
Slictz said:
It had some small issues though, driving a T38 under a Maus would have crushed the T38 into a fine paste as the T38's suspension and tracks were designed to carry a light ~10 tonnes tank, not ~109 tonnes as it did with the Maus on top. The Hetzer mod alone(~15 tonnes) was pushing the chassis harder than recommended.

Still, putting that small issue aside I give this ep. a good 5/5 and the series as a whole either 8/10 or 9/10 depending on the specials.

On the topic of those, does anyone know of Subs for them? The second OVAs' been out for a while, but I haven't been able to find any subs for it...

Magic word: carbon coating. Note that it's not real tank warfare, but sport.

They actually mentioned that even the almighty carbon coating were coming off because maus was just too heavy.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Mar 27, 2013 7:24 AM
Oct 2011
Slictz said:

Fun fact: Hetzer chassis (that is Pz 38(t)) was used as chassis for recovery vehicle for heavy tank.
Not to say that it was quite logical to wedge Maus like that though, just maybe you shouldn't dismiss it just because it seems lightweight.
Mar 27, 2013 8:51 AM
Mar 2013
DawnJ said:

They actually mentioned that even the almighty carbon coating were coming off because maus was just too heavy.

True, I thought off the carbon coating inside the tank, but the problem would be the tracks, engine and suspension. Those elements in the Tanks from what I can tell aren't carbon coated in anyway, making them soft compared to the carbon coated shell. Oh well, I'm not going to hang this out as something bad as it really didn't bother me during the episode, artistic freedom is something one should consider when it comes to this.
necomata said:

Fun fact: Hetzer chassis (that is Pz 38(t)) was used as chassis for recovery vehicle for heavy tank.
Not to say that it was quite logical to wedge Maus like that though, just maybe you shouldn't dismiss it just because it seems lightweight.

It's true that the Chassis was used for other tanks after the 38T was replaced, but the thing to remember is that the other tanks that used the chassis never weighed more than ~20 tonnes.
One should also remember that the Tiger 1 for instance only weighed in at 57 tonnes, with the Tiger 2 at 68,5 tonnes and the Jagdtiger coming in at 72 tonnes. The Maus weighs in at 188 tonnes or 2,6 times the weight of one Jagdtiger, due to the Carbon coating the Hetzer's main body should have survived, but the suspension unless altered in some was should have buckled under from the intense weight of half a Maus trying to drive over it.

Oh well, now i'm just nitpicking on great stuff here...
If the creators were to follow everything correctly, the tank battles in the series would have been a lot slower and duller to look at.
The creators did a great job at mixing artistic freedom and facts, so cheers all around for them.
Mar 27, 2013 9:54 AM

Dec 2012
Slictz said:
DawnJ said:

True, I thought off the carbon coating inside the tank, but the problem would be the tracks, engine and suspension. Those elements in the Tanks from what I can tell aren't carbon coated in anyway, making them soft compared to the carbon coated shell. Oh well, I'm not going to hang this out as something bad as it really didn't bother me during the episode, artistic freedom is something one should consider when it comes to this.
necomata said:

It's true that the Chassis was used for other tanks after the 38T was replaced, but the thing to remember is that the other tanks that used the chassis never weighed more than ~20 tonnes.
One should also remember that the Tiger 1 for instance only weighed in at 57 tonnes, with the Tiger 2 at 68,5 tonnes and the Jagdtiger coming in at 72 tonnes. The Maus weighs in at 188 tonnes or 2,6 times the weight of one Jagdtiger, due to the Carbon coating the Hetzer's main body should have survived, but the suspension unless altered in some was should have buckled under from the intense weight of half a Maus trying to drive over it.

Oh well, now i'm just nitpicking on great stuff here...
If the creators were to follow everything correctly, the tank battles in the series would have been a lot slower and duller to look at.
The creators did a great job at mixing artistic freedom and facts, so cheers all around for them.

Well, the Hetzer DID stop working right after it started moving again. Maybe it managed to hold for a while because it wasn't moving while under the Maus, but as soon as they did, the effects of the Maus' extreme weight were felt.
TulicloureMar 27, 2013 9:59 AM
Mar 27, 2013 11:19 AM
Jul 2012
^ Depending on where the Maus' center of gravity is, the Hetzer would only have to support less than half the weight. For example, with a cg 1.8m high it's ~40%, and with a top heavy cg 3m high it's only ~35%. Which is still 65-80 tons...

Revision: The Maus' front armor weighs ~1.5 tons per square meter, so the addition of the Type 89 shouldn't change the center of gravity too much, and from the turret and general design a cg ~1/3 or 3 meters from the back seems more realistic. Still, even at only 20-25% of the total weight on the Hetzer, that's still 3/4 times its own.
CallMeIshmaelMar 27, 2013 2:35 PM
Mar 27, 2013 2:14 PM
Mar 2013
If we go by these British Drawings of a Maus we quickly see that most of the weight is centered towards the rear with the driver sitting up front.
http://www.lonesentry.com/articles/maus/index.html

After looking at the scene again I realized that my equations were 12 tonnes short as I completely forgot the Duck Team blocking the turret.
http://i.imgur.com/7Dgvp8w.jpg

A quick calculation would put us at about 92 tonnes of weight standing right on the Hetzer. (~62 for the Maus with the Engine weighing in at about 1,2 tonnes + the steering and transmission weighing in at roughly 3-4 tonnes, 17 for the Hetzer itself and lastly 13 for the Type 89)
So yeah, the tank should have buckled under with the Maus on top, if not flat the suspension should have collapsed completely

And as Tulicloure, the Hetzer broke down shortly after which is correct, It's just that from what I can tell it shouldn't have been able to move an inch afterwards.

Oh well, for all I know the automotive club might have done something special to the suspension for all I know.
Mar 27, 2013 2:15 PM

Jul 2009
It was good, Miho could prove to everyone that a style that care more about ur friends works pretty well too instead of the 'win always' way of her family.
7/10 for me. Waiting for a second season.
Mar 27, 2013 3:10 PM

Nov 2012
Freaking awesome, well worth the wait I think.

Was anyone else expecting Miho to break into her infamous `fish dance` when asked at the end to say something?
Mar 27, 2013 3:22 PM
Jul 2012
A freebody diagram for those interested in the physics of the poor Hetzer : http://postimg.org/image/7bl1v3mwx/
Mar 27, 2013 3:25 PM

Mar 2013
Absurdly large cast that appears regularly and they still somehow pull it off.

Good show, jolly good show.
Mar 27, 2013 4:05 PM
Oct 2012
Slictz said:
Oh well, for all I know the automotive club might have done something special to the suspension for all I know.

Personal belief: suspension in all tanks are upgraded as a safety feature. I would also suggest that the engines and fuel lines have been modified for the same reason. I envision something like NASCAR board of governors in Senshadou, where spec rules are established and the individual teams can tinker as much as they like, however before each match these are verified in pre-match inspections.

This would explain how easily the MAUS was able to move through the town, the greater speed of the tanks and the relative absence of breakdowns in the tanks (outside of track issues, none of the tanks, outside of the Porsche Tiger and even this was easy to fix, broke down during a match). This highlights the importance of having a good "pit" team; it would also make increase the importance of strategy and skill and decrease the element of pure luck. This would make Senshadou far more entertaining for the fans.

Guesswork? Yes, but I did figure out how the shells worked back in episode 9, so I have a pretty good track record for "rationalizing" things!!!
Mar 27, 2013 4:26 PM

Jul 2009
This ended up one of my favorite shows... and l don't even like tanks and no nothing about them. This show was just so good
Mar 27, 2013 4:57 PM
Mar 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
Slictz said:

Personal belief: suspension in all tanks are upgraded as a safety feature. I would also suggest that the engines and fuel lines have been modified for the same reason. I envision something like NASCAR board of governors in Senshadou, where spec rules are established and the individual teams can tinker as much as they like, however before each match these are verified in pre-match inspections.

This would explain how easily the MAUS was able to move through the town, the greater speed of the tanks and the relative absence of breakdowns in the tanks (outside of track issues, none of the tanks, outside of the Porsche Tiger and even this was easy to fix, broke down during a match). This highlights the importance of having a good "pit" team; it would also make increase the importance of strategy and skill and decrease the element of pure luck. This would make Senshadou far more entertaining for the fans.

Guesswork? Yes, but I did figure out how the shells worked back in episode 9, so I have a pretty good track record for "rationalizing" things!!!

I'm leaning towards the same conclusion myself as I see no other option really.
This would also fit in with the tattered History of Late German super Tanks in general.
Examples here would be the Maus's original top speed off 13Km/h and the Tiger II's problematic drive train and gaskets.
Towards the end off the war the Tiger II's never managed to go beyond 80% operational status. In some off the first batches of 45 tanks, only 8 were usable and 4 of those died mere meters away from the train station but were later fixed.

The Maus struggled with a under-powered Motor and a fancy new problematic electrical gearbox. The Germans knew how to invent stuff, but making it work properly was a completely different thing.
Mar 27, 2013 4:58 PM

Aug 2011
Wow, great finale. The way they took out the Maus was incredible and then the flag tank showdown was extremely tense and enjoyable to watch.

I was skeptical about this show and this continued throughout most of the series with its 2 recap episodes. No doubt there were some issues encountered in the production but was it worth it for the finale? Very much so.

The latter recap really opened my eyes to how technical Senshadou can be and with this knowledge in mind, my enjoyment of GuP significantly increased. No doubt, that's a factor in why I didn't understand this show from an early point where I only saw moe with tanks. I really loved the OP. From the song to the pacing, it was a joy to watch before every episode. The ED less so, however I do admire they varied the tanks frequently.

I feel an urge to rewatch this show due to how segmented it's broadcast schedule was. Nevertheless, GuP was a show that surprised me with its pleasant cast of characters and the level of enthusiasm towards the tanks themselves. 7/10.
Mar 27, 2013 7:37 PM

Jan 2012
BRAVOOOOO

amazing tank fight out at the last moment...

good series in general
Mar 27, 2013 10:44 PM
Nov 2012
Slictz said:
Takuan_Soho said:
Slictz said:

The Maus struggled with a under-powered Motor and a fancy new problematic electrical gearbox.

The Porsche Tiger had a similar system, which is why it had so many problems. But it made one visible difference - the tanks with electrical drivetrains could turn smoothly, instead of having to shift gears for separate left and right side transmissions, or (as on the Sherman) just slip the clutch for one side.

The GuP team shows that. Most of the tanks turn in jerks at slow speed. The beautifully detailed ending sequence shows this clearly around 23:20. As a tribute to Oarai, the details in the ending are perfect, down to the vending machines at Oarai Station.

The turn from Oarai Station to the road to the docks.

The route they take is real, as are most of the buildings. In the last scene, they're headed straight for the docks.
oldskoolpunkMar 28, 2013 12:33 AM
Mar 27, 2013 11:11 PM

Jun 2011
Amazing episode! Damn, and I thought the 11th episode was awesome xD
5/5 episode, 9/10 series
Mar 28, 2013 5:25 AM

Nov 2009
So much wrong in 2 episodes... I don't even know where to start.

But it was fun nonetheless... the level of loltastic moments saved the series.
OVanBruceMar 28, 2013 5:29 AM
Mar 28, 2013 6:10 AM

Jun 2008
Man, that was so good.

Why was it so good? Think about it this way - when was the last time you watched an anime that built up suspense, tension and excitement as well as this series, yet once each episode is over, you literally have zero reason to not want to the next episode immediately. There isn't a shred of discomfort about watching this series. Even masterpieces such as Gankutsuou sometimes radiate some elements that make you want to watch something else after the episode is done. It's very hard to explain, but Girls und Panzer is one of those series that emit none of it. Is it the fact that there isn't any blood? Is it the mixture of moe into something that's supposed to be really serious, yet still kept the excitement and suspense so well? Is it because we know the "good guys" will never lose?

Regardless what the reason is, this is a prime example showing what anime is best at. You don't need insanely deep plot or innovation. You just need to do something simple, do it well, and it will turn out to be better than most other things out there. 8/10, and since it's smashing everything on the Japanese charts right now, it'll get a season 2, almost doubtlessly. I look forward to it.
Mar 28, 2013 6:28 AM

May 2012
ImperialX said:
Man, that was so good.

Why was it so good? Think about it this way - when was the last time you watched an anime that built up suspense, tension and excitement as well as this series, yet once each episode is over, you literally have zero reason to not want to the next episode immediately. There isn't a shred of discomfort about watching this series. Even masterpieces such as Gankutsuou sometimes radiate some elements that make you want to watch something else after the episode is done. It's very hard to explain, but Girls und Panzer is one of those series that emit none of it. Is it the fact that there isn't any blood? Is it the mixture of moe into something that's supposed to be really serious, yet still kept the excitement and suspense so well? Is it because we know the "good guys" will never lose?

Regardless what the reason is, this is a prime example showing what anime is best at. You don't need insanely deep plot or innovation. You just need to do something simple, do it well, and it will turn out to be better than most other things out there. 8/10, and since it's smashing everything on the Japanese charts right now, it'll get a season 2, almost doubtlessly. I look forward to it.

THIS.

This is what I also felt when watching this series.

+1
Mar 28, 2013 9:51 AM

Sep 2012
Tyrel said:
Average series, nothing really outstanding about it.
The way it combines tanks with sports with cute girls is what it is really outstanding, and so is the well thought-out battle actions and depiction. Of course the animation of tank battle is just a milestone in itself.
And what ImperialX said too.

===

Anyway, one thing to share:

You can actually see the building of Actus, the studio that made GirlPan, in this episode!!

Actus is located in Tokyo but it made a cameo appearance in this episode. It is the building to the right.

symbvMar 29, 2013 10:01 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 28, 2013 10:55 AM
Nov 2012
Team Rabbit really made up for their foolishness earlier in the series, they made up for it just like they said they would and were very instrumental in the fight.

the maus tank commander actually getting out of her hatch and screaming at them for parking them on her tank was funny. It does not do well for one's pride to have someone do that XD. And it got even funnier when they shout back NO and this isnt a light tank!

the last bit where Momo bursts into a river of tears was hilarious . She often tries to express herself as serious and composed only to explode into extreme bouts of emotion when pressed. She kept crying too, even when they were showing the other characters interactions you could see her crying in the background, even all the way to the convoy parade towards the city ship in her tank.

Mako's hoarse voice screaming in joy and hugging Sodoko was just wonderful.
Mar 28, 2013 12:14 PM

Mar 2012
Awesome last episode~! I loved watching this anime~!

I really hope there will be a season 2
Mar 28, 2013 12:29 PM

Mar 2012
Very good anime overall! A good example of a how a simple premise can make a great show if well executed. Nothing pretentious nor a Mariana Trench deep argument, just a light-hearted story, but well narrated and with the correct ammounts of tension. Not a single cut was a waste, every piece in this show is in perfect concordance with the rest.

Also, very good work by the animation team! Every episode was of very high quality, the attention to detail put into the tanks was superb!

A solid 8 so far, and re-thinking if a can give this a 9, because it was a VERY well made show.
Mar 28, 2013 1:18 PM
Nov 2012
A friend pointed out in the group shot of them jumping up, that saki is slow on the uptake and is just starting to jump when the others have cheered and momo is STILL crying and can only manage to barely raise her arm XD

Mar 28, 2013 2:28 PM
Nov 2012
Ikuinen said:
A friend pointed out in the group shot of them jumping up, that Saki is slow on the uptake and is just starting to jump when the others have cheered and Momo is STILL crying and can only manage to barely raise her arm

That little clip shows how much work the GuP team put into the details. Everyone's jump is a little different, and in character. The vollyball team do spikes, and not all the same; two of them off the left leg, one off the right.

On top of that, the location is real - it's at Oarai Station.

Vending machines, hexagonal paving blocks, and all.
Mar 29, 2013 4:40 AM

Oct 2012
mikozee wrote:
Oh who am I kidding. I just want to see cute girls in moexploitation attempting
to blow each other up. Boy that makes me sound like a violent person...

Me too. I certainly don't want to advertise to everybody that I am a GuP fan.
Otherwise, I would have ordered several of those plastic figurines that show
the girls at the beach and YES, they do have panties if you look up their skirts.
Neither do I want to put World War II tank models on display.

Quite a number of comments on MAL threads related to GuP said that it
seemed creepy. I think that the cute-girl-under-20-not-in-blue-jeans aspect
bothered them even if that was not always clearly stated.

Others were deeply offended by the war theme. I don't want to get into
analyzing this. But suffice to say that this really bothered a lot of people.

The great thing is that the computer models for the tanks are already
digitized. Also, there is a skilled team who know how to put it all together
perfectly.

To satisfy the first unhappy group, I suggest a spinoff series where all of the
same tanks are crewed by male soldiers wearing realistic military uniforms.
There would be some danger of apparent BL themes that would get the
fujoshi (腐女子) overexcited. The way around that is to have them all writing
letters to their girlfriends back home.

To satisfy the second unhappy group, take the animation techniques and
apply them to other tracked vehicles such as road construction equipment or
mobile cranes. Nobody would feel offended to see cute high school girls
travelling all over Japan repairing decaying infrastructure. In the course of this
work they would get a bit dusty, justifying one hot spring scene per episode.
Mar 29, 2013 5:11 AM

Feb 2012
I feel somewhat conflicted with this ending. It was an amazing battle and I’m glad that Miho’s team won, but really didn’t like the battle too much. All the previous episodes have been building up Maho’s team as some unstoppable force, but it felt like they fought worse than any of the other teams Oarai faced earlier. I was hoping that Kuromorimine High School would dominate the battle and Oarai would only win because Miho uses a brilliant plan to draw Maho out in the open. Maho was right when she said the battle wasn’t even close, because Oarai outmaneuvered Kuromorimine at every turn.
Mar 29, 2013 8:03 AM

May 2012
Hey! Guys! I think the site's broken. Where's the 15 option?
No, but seriously. This anime has easily become one of my top five anime of all time. It's been a long time since I've watched an anime put together THIS well with only 12 episodes~
Mar 29, 2013 9:08 AM

Dec 2012
okanagan said:
mikozee wrote:

the girls at the beach and YES, they do have panties if you look up their skirts.

perfectly.

travelling all over Japan repairing decaying infrastructure. In the course of this

Well, that's weird, considering that I can't remember a single school anime in which the girls wear jeans, and that a lot of animes feature wars and battles in one way or another.
Mar 29, 2013 9:15 AM
Oct 2012
Phaetons_Folly said:
I feel somewhat conflicted with this ending. It was an amazing battle and I’m glad that Miho’s team won, but really didn’t like the battle too much. All the previous episodes have been building up Maho’s team as some unstoppable force, but it felt like they fought worse than any of the other teams Oarai faced earlier. I was hoping that Kuromorimine High School would dominate the battle and Oarai would only win because Miho uses a brilliant plan to draw Maho out in the open. Maho was right when she said the battle wasn’t even close, because Oarai outmaneuvered Kuromorimine at every turn.

But that is exactly what happend, Miho did use a brilliant plan to draw Maho out.

By the end of episode 11, Maho was winning the Kuromorimine way. Though it seems like Ooarai was constantly outmaneuvering them, remember that at the end of the episode both sides had lost 3 tanks. Maho was treating this as a war of attrition, a war that only Kuromorimine could win. This is why she kept her team composed and applied relentless force on Ooarai, she had blunted Miho's strategy several times.

You are doing Miho (and the writers) a disservice in not realizing how brilliant Miho's plan truly was. First defeating the Maus was a move of genius (as seen by the responses of the other team as well as Miho's mom), but even more incredible was the way Miho manipulated the tanks in the city. She first isolated the tanks capable of quickly defeating the Tiger Porsche so that they would not be at the school yard (this was why she had to take the Maus out and why the freshman team picked on the tanks they did), and then she employed exact timing to have her Tiger come by a different route and plug the hole immediately after Maho's tank entered the courtyard giving Miho her chance to win. Had any of this not occurred, Ooarai would have lost. There was no way Maho could have predicted this. It was too subtle.

Maho's only mistake was to chase the flag tank into the school, but given that her tank had a strong advantage, this wasn't so much a mistake on her part than showing how imaginative and brilliant Miho was, as well as her understanding of the Kuromorimine philosophy and how to exploit this. This understanding wasn't one sided either, Maho had a very good read on Miho, and several times anticipated Miho's tricks (and deciding to deploy the Maus showed this), however since Miho's senshadou was still evolving, Miho in the end was able to transcend Maho's understanding.

To summarize, the final battle was a tactical masterpiece. Every single tactic in this episode was part of a strategy, everything each of the team member did was part of Miho's master plan. Miho adapted to situations, being able to absorb Maho's brilliant thrusts, and as Maho said in episode 10, Miho had a great understanding of what her team could do (Mako's driving, Saori's ability to both understand and communicate Miho's plan succinctly, Hana's shooting, and Yukari's ability to quickly reload) and used that to win in the end.
Mar 29, 2013 12:56 PM
Nov 2012
Claps for Takuan*
Mar 29, 2013 6:40 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
It wasn't 'real', but I don't give a shit. What I do give is a +1 to a score of 9 if for no other reason that it was damn fun to watch...and I'm really, really jealous.

Panzer Vor!
Mar 29, 2013 7:28 PM

Jun 2007
When a show about girls driving tanks makes you tear up, when even shit like Clannad After Story never has, you know it's good.

Plus drifting a goddamn tank. The entire strategy of both teams in this whole final arc was so well done and just amazing to watch.
Mar 29, 2013 7:56 PM
Jun 2009
okanagan said:
mikozee wrote:

perfectly.

Just wait until Shiho says to his crew the night before the last match in the tournament "I love you all" and Kazuki replies with a big blush...
Mar 29, 2013 9:42 PM

Dec 2012
soluuloi said:
okanagan said:
mikozee wrote:

perfectly.

Just wait until Shiho says to his crew the night before the last match in the tournament "I love you all" and Kazuki replies with a big blush...

Why do I get the feeling I've seen that before? =P
Mar 30, 2013 1:16 AM

Feb 2012
Damn that was quite the final showdown. Wasn't really into the series in the beginning but I got hooked after a few episodes, glad I gave this series a chance.
Mar 30, 2013 5:26 AM

Apr 2012
5/5 for this episode! That was awesome! Watched the entire series with my brother and both of us agreed it's great.

PANVER VOR!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Mar 30, 2013 6:00 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
A gem of a little series. No unnecessary dramatics or romance to distract from a simple story with good characters ( and plenty of WWII references!). Hope there's a 2nd part too!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 31, 2013 12:11 PM
Jan 2013
10/10 one of my favorite animes. I mean come on who doesn't want to watch girls battle it out in world war 2 tanks. All around a very interesting anime which is pretty hard to say if it should get a second season. The first season ended so amazing that its perfect the way it is, but we also want more Girls und Panzer. If they do make a second season they have to make it better than the first either way I support a second season.

I'm going to miss Erwin and the rest pf hippo team with their stug lll. :(

Only time will tell us what's going to happen with Girls und Panzer.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 8, 2012

250 by shawn77134 »»
May 12, 2:33 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

symbv - Oct 29, 2012

243 by Abeke »»
Mar 14, 7:00 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

symbv - Mar 18, 2013

167 by giannis85 »»
Jan 21, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2012

191 by giannis85 »»
Jan 18, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2012

191 by yakisobaman »»
Jan 17, 8:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.