Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 9, 2013 5:10 PM

Jul 2012
Yay, there's finally some action! The plan's not bad either.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Feb 9, 2013 5:21 PM

Feb 2012
I loved how the knight jumped at Yuusha as soon as she saw him, good episode, rushed as hell though.
Feb 9, 2013 11:36 PM

Jul 2012
Lol the old guys hilarious xD

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Feb 10, 2013 1:24 AM

Apr 2009
And so ends the battle for Aurora Island. Good strategy to force the occupying demons to retreat or face encirclement by two human armies (one was actually exhausted). Their general fought the sacrificial rear-guard action so that the remainder of his forces might make it back alive. Female Knight got her chance to shine in the showdown. Not liking how rushed it was, but it can't be helped with the number of total episodes.
Feb 10, 2013 2:28 AM

Jun 2010
Best episode so far! 5/5
Feb 10, 2013 7:27 AM

Jul 2010
All's well that ends well for this fight. I love how the hero just pops up out of nowhere. xD

Feb 10, 2013 7:57 AM

Sep 2008
a very brilliant plan on their step to bring peace and prosperity to their world. The liberated Demon city can become the example of a city where demons and humans learn to live together, also the Demon city can become a trade outpost where human merchants and demon merchants are able to interact peacefully in their pursue of trade and profit. Plust, Aurora Island becomes the focal point of trade that will help Winter Nation become a more self sufficient and independent kingdom, reducing their dependance with other states and take away a motive to continue the war, they would have an invested interest in maintaining the new trade route with the gate that leads to the demon city. All of this trade and interaction will also motivate the Merchant Alliance to profit from the idea of peace. Just as war is good for business, peace is also good for business. Using economic means to create the incentives to maintain peace and social harmony between demons and humans is brilliant but also dangerous. One mistake and it could backfire.
Books are gateways to new worlds...
Feb 10, 2013 8:14 AM
Apr 2011
wow, unbelieveble, a War betwen Demon and Human, a lot of blood....
i thin this anime not about war, but it happen... cool....
Feb 10, 2013 10:03 AM
Nov 2012
radle said:
GateLambda said:
This series makes a very interesting parallel to the Crusades era. Gateway City is Jerusalem taken by the Christians, and both Maou and Yuusha act as the Saladino of Islam, taking back the city but making it a place were both religions (races in this case) could coexist.
That explains why Maou and the Demon Realm have such advance tech in comparison to the Human Realm. In their time, the Arabs were ahead of the Christian world by a large margin too.

What a horrible and awful comparison.. One set of thieves, Catholics of those days (why call them Christians too? I don't think so see the first 4 commandments then read their doctrine) over taken by other thieves of those days (Islam)? That just doesn't make any sense plus the other factors that are obviously misleading to give such a illusion of the contrary..

What?
Feb 10, 2013 12:00 PM
Jan 2011
I wonder if those weird looking half man, half creatures things can be considered as Maou's people, co'z she doesn't look like any of them.
Feb 10, 2013 1:09 PM

Sep 2011
I totally want a fairy.
Feb 10, 2013 3:56 PM

May 2012
well decent episode 4/5
Feb 11, 2013 12:07 PM
Oct 2010
GateLambda said:
radle said:
GateLambda said:
This series makes a very interesting parallel to the Crusades era. Gateway City is Jerusalem taken by the Christians, and both Maou and Yuusha act as the Saladino of Islam, taking back the city but making it a place were both religions (races in this case) could coexist.
That explains why Maou and the Demon Realm have such advance tech in comparison to the Human Realm. In their time, the Arabs were ahead of the Christian world by a large margin too.

What a horrible and awful comparison.. One set of thieves, Catholics of those days (why call them Christians too? I don't think so see the first 4 commandments then read their doctrine) over taken by other thieves of those days (Islam)? That just doesn't make any sense plus the other factors that are obviously misleading to give such a illusion of the contrary..

What?

I was wondering the same as you, the best comparison is the crusade...
Feb 13, 2013 5:40 PM

Jul 2009
Mm, really good episode! It's finally the battle time ... smart how they built "land" so they wouldn't be at a disadvantage when fighting the sea demons ... and nice play by Knight to battle the Sea King! :O
EVIL LELOUCH I HEAR?! LOL at how Hero was scaring the people with fairy illusions omg lol XD
So Hero and Old Man catch up again ... yeah, seems like being separated for strength happens a lot, doesn't it? Got a little more insight as to why he left his companions though ...
Feb 13, 2013 8:56 PM

Feb 2013
I'm suprised by how many timeskips this anime has. Makes me wonder what we're missing, but whatev.
Feb 15, 2013 12:59 PM

Jan 2012
Sury said:
I totally want a fairy.

I want a Demon Girl, exotic!
Feb 15, 2013 5:58 PM
Mar 2009
Old Geezer is even more perverted here, haha.

Ehh, the Previous Commander of the Holy Crusaders doesn't look nearly as intimidating or deranged as the manga version...

Also didn't expect Female Knight to glomp Hero.

Bittersweet for Maou; Ice General sacrificed himself so that his soldiers could have ample time to retreat...

Female Knight actually dressed for the occasion? Wow.

I wish they kept the part where Female Knight talked to Hero during the party. The whole, "You're finally smiling for real," conversation was pretty good.
ChronosXIIIFeb 15, 2013 6:10 PM
Feb 16, 2013 3:59 PM

Dec 2007
I am really wondering about Maou's motivation. It's kind of crazy how she doesn't seem to mind seeing her own people get slaughtered. You'd think it'd at least be difficult for her to be out there on a battlefield operating in favor of the side that's killing her people. Especially given that, if the wrong people found her identity, she could find herself in a situation like Dragon Princess's....
Ich verstehe nicht
Feb 20, 2013 2:01 PM

Feb 2010
good episode... RIP ice general!
Feb 21, 2013 11:41 PM

Jan 2011
gregthemaniac said:
GateLambda said:
radle said:
GateLambda said:

What?

I was wondering the same as you, the best comparison is the crusade...

I think you are seeing a prime example of the sort of feelings that give rise to conflicts and ultimately wars although I can certainly empathize with anyone who doesn't like militant and militarized monotheistic religions.

To respond to Stringed's comment: I think that Maou is one of those rare individuals who can see beyond tribal (national) boundaries and recognize that the other side is human (or another sentient being in this case) too. Generally one of the first tasks of domestic propaganda is to totally dehumanize the enemy so that your citizens will accept the desirability of your side firebombing their cities and causing "collateral damage".
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Feb 23, 2013 2:15 PM

Jul 2012
3some?
Mar 3, 2013 10:27 PM

Apr 2011
I know earlier on Maou said for Yuusha not to kill anyone or something like that, but why let so many soldiers die in the battle when he's said to easily be able to beat many, many enemies by himself. Maybe I missed something. Was he fighting off screen or is he just sticking to the no longer fighting rule and getting others to do it for him?

Mar 14, 2013 4:17 AM

Jan 2011
This was epic, but seeing the fairies was kinda strange seeing as everything so far felt really realistic even though there was magic involved. I want to see the country develop and I want to see more inventions as well. The art is also something I've fallen in love with.
I'm looking forward to more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Apr 12, 2013 8:25 PM

Oct 2012
Lol @ Old man, he want to examine Maou's chest
and I thought Onna kishi is 'pettanko'??
But when she wearing gown, she's not flat @_@

That Yuusha & Old man conversation XD
"Signature removed"
Apr 23, 2013 9:37 PM

Sep 2011
Nice little battle! Wished they had more though. :(
May 21, 2013 1:21 AM

Feb 2012
Goo goo g'joob!
May 24, 2013 10:48 AM

May 2012
Great episode quite nice in action and pretty funny especially that perverted old man!
Jun 8, 2013 9:50 AM
Jul 2018

The Knight is awesome. :3
Jun 21, 2013 5:54 PM
Feb 2009
dat boodies talk :))))
Jun 25, 2013 11:57 AM

Sep 2012
Wow that fight scene between the knight and ice demon was pretty epic, also that squid was pretty scary,those eyes. O_______o
Mar 24, 2015 9:50 AM

Nov 2009
Female Knight was pretty cool this episode defeating the Ice General and it looks like the Hero succeeded with his part of the plan.
Nov 1, 2015 12:39 AM
May 2015
Best episode for those who loves fight, blood shed, men for those who are watching for romance.
Dec 9, 2015 5:01 PM

Jan 2014
Liked the change of pace.
And I like the ending.
Nov 29, 2016 1:00 PM

Apr 2013
After half of the show we get some action, though I also would've been fine without it.
Jul 4, 2017 12:14 AM
Nov 2016
What was the point in the Queen and Hero helping the humans to recapture the island?
Jul 13, 2017 5:31 AM

Aug 2014
can Maou do anything?? like highkey shes a DEMON KING, can't she do any like cool supernatural stuff.
Xtina is my mother!
Sep 7, 2017 8:39 AM

Aug 2016
I won't lie, this one was pretty cool, much more then previous episoes. It don't really make sence demons sunk 200 invading ships before and now they just let them build a bridge, but, fight was pretty cool.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2018 7:06 AM

Jan 2014
Barion-Zara said:
lol'd at how Onna Kishi beat Maou to hug him XD

That was gold.

Mostly though, I absolutely loved the animation of the fight between Onna Kishi and Warurusu-shogun.

AioliaDeLeao said:
Can anyone tell me what was their plan? I didn't understand :(
MorningGlory said:
AioliaDeLeao said:
Can anyone tell me what was their plan? I didn't understand :(
take the island, improve the trade.
Axxen said:
The plan had two sides, first off they needed to have the humans reclaim the island so as to improve trade and have the southern countries able to be more independent. On the other side, they needed Hero to get the crusaders out of Gateway city, this would help the plan to reclaim the island succeed easier (mostly it involved a lot of proper timing, hence why Scholar asked only for a full day before they invaded).
Important_Nobody said:
Was he fighting off screen or is he just sticking to the no longer fighting rule and getting others to do it for him?

I think it can be much simpler: they (Maoyuu and Yuusha) wanted to exchange two cities with as little bloodshed as possible in the process: a demon held human city, for a human held demon city.

Yuusha didn't fight because terror tactics allowed him to achieve that goal more effectively.

The fact that Gateway city shows potential for human and demon coexistence is just a bonus, as is the fact that human possession of Brigth Island facilitates economic thriver of the southern regions.

Ray_Light said:
and I thought Onna kishi is 'pettanko'??
But when she wearing gown, she's not flat @_@
MorningGlory said:
I can see breast when OnnaKisshi wear the dress. I wonder how much pad she uses xD

It's called a "push-up corset".
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Sep 24, 2019 4:57 PM
Mar 2018
That episode was pretty emotional!! I loved the fight between the princess knight and the demon, it was awesome. However, it was heartbreaking to see how the demon king was affected by the death of her kin!! Death to the humans damnit.
Oct 5, 2020 10:40 PM

May 2020
What a fast clash than I thought. Sadly it is not detailed. fairy surely the best of camouflage look at the bones of cute.
Dec 31, 2021 11:40 AM
May 2020
Got our first bit of real action this episode and it was exhilarating. Was laughing with that hug scene. Maou sama is some genius damn...
Mar 17, 2022 9:44 PM

Jan 2021
You have to give the old man credit he straight up was asking to examine the demon kings boobs respectfully
Dec 30, 2023 10:46 AM
Aug 2017
I think about this episode as conection between the story. Nothing special.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2013

111 by Split_Head_77 »»
May 24, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2013

125 by Split_Head_77 »»
May 24, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

symbv - Mar 1, 2013

211 by MeguriRapture »»
Mar 6, 12:04 AM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2013

294 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 2, 6:23 PM

» End Credits Visual Illustration

AsteriskWarrior1 - Dec 30, 2023

0 by AsteriskWarrior1 »»
Dec 30, 2023 3:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.