Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2010 9:28 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
What did I just read?

Seriously, it was awesome, and creepy.... But I think Ito-sensei just broke my brain.
Jul 27, 2010 4:18 AM

Nov 2007
The all manga was bad accept the last chapter (7th).
It's funny how the only worth to read was the extra chapter that not related to the all story.
I like this chapter, creepy, twisted and interesting like we expect from Ito. :)

Feed us cause we are definitely cute
Thanks for whom ever upgrade it :)
Aug 3, 2010 9:37 PM

Mar 2010
The hell, so the oldest brother in the Kaneshi family wasn't on Remina the whole time?
Aug 5, 2010 6:34 PM

May 2008
This bonus story was better than the actual manga.
Aug 5, 2010 8:04 PM

Dec 2009
saintcross said:

C/S. The ending to the Remina was just unsatisfying.
Aug 17, 2010 8:33 AM

Mar 2010
well the really entertaining bits were when they landed on Remina and when they made that women breathe the air in and she turned into something like Remina with those eyes and tongue x0 and the extra story was scary gave me the chills when i saw people getting stitched up i wouldn't wanna be one of them ;D

I liked the manga ^^~ very interesting
lilytenjouXPOct 24, 2012 9:28 AM
Jan 17, 2011 8:59 PM

May 2009
Really? I liked the actual manga more than the bonus story, at least till the part where the world begun to spin, at that part it got kinda stupid).
Jan 21, 2011 3:57 PM

Feb 2010
Extra chapter - Girls are skillful
Aug 27, 2011 6:53 AM

Apr 2011
Woah. I don't even know...

The last chapter - is it possible that Natsuko was responsible for some of the other stitch murders? Like at the ceremony, she was late.

Either that or it's just a psychological thing. The Army of One instilled a fear into people of being around others, but some people just couldn't handle being alone...

But woah - creepy.

Remina was interesting too. Creepy at times, makes you think (made me think) at times.
~Miss_Jazzalyn~
Oct 23, 2011 4:44 PM

Aug 2010
Disappointing horror manga. This is probably the weakest work from Junji Ito.
Uzumaki tops this easily.
Jan 10, 2012 6:48 AM

Jul 2007
Rather interesting stuff, clear inspiration from Lovecraft.
Feb 9, 2013 6:11 AM

Jul 2008
Jigokusei Lemina is bad manga and good manga
the horror part the idea the secnes the artwork all over the top of how good it is

it creepy as hell there singles images that make me drop my jaw for a moments there

but the story over all is big mass and the characters all bad

in the end there was 9 good peoples in these manga , yes there less good peoples in other mangas but in these one the rest of humans are so evil and so stupid O_O

will as horror manga it work super great but as manga it have same big problems
Apr 27, 2014 3:27 PM
Apr 2014
Lol, this was a fun read. The earth spinning so fast should've instantly killed everyone, but manga has been known to use artistic licenses concerning it's physics. And dat ending. As long as there's life, there's hope I guess? xD

I didn't really get the extra chapter though. It was funny, but it gave no clue whatsoever as to what happened or why it happened. Maybe a purely psychic parasite or something.
"Though mountains crack, and ice will thaw

Though walls will fall, to tooth and claw

Though stars will fade, and shadow spread

On the heights we stood, with iron red.

And as they died, they killed the dead.
Sep 12, 2014 5:45 PM

May 2007
I expected the cultist to be the #1 fan from the beginning.

As for the extra story at the end, I like how Ito is good at making psycho beauty characters.
Apr 4, 2015 9:13 AM

Apr 2012
Wow, i wish that was the focus of the first 6 chapters, and had Remina as the extra.
May 4, 2015 7:47 AM

Jan 2015
This manga was pretty weak compared to Ito's other works.
Anyways, I can't be the only one who noticed that one cultist guy jumped on Remina while she and the hobo dude were on the cross, and licked her...with a completely inhuman tongue resembling Planet Remina's. What the hell was that?

I think the final chapter's mystery is not that hard to realize. It's purely psychological. People who are alone go mad (just like how the girl at the end murdered her parents) and after they manage to find company they sew up eachother so they can be together forever. But the main character couldn't find other people because he was a complete hikkikomori so he didn't go mad.
And for people wondering how all the students disappeared from the building, it's obvious they left on their own feet.
I also guess the song that played several times (from the planes and from the radio/TV) caused people to go mad. When the main dude finds the chick sewing her parents together she is also singing the same song. It's like a hypnosis.
May 21, 2015 8:02 PM

Sep 2013
Human race has survived, there must be other shelters out there and humanity will once again thrive :)
LOL a happy ending XD
Aug 13, 2015 2:55 PM

Apr 2014
I laughed when the earth started spinning with all those humans.
Definitely liked the extra chapter more than the main.. =3=
Dec 5, 2015 3:41 PM

Jan 2013
MagEarwhig said:
Feb 27, 2016 10:36 AM

Sep 2015
what why who but...
FUCKING junji itou don't just stop the one-shot right there
Sep 27, 2016 5:35 PM
Jul 2015
The bonus story seemed like it had promise, but it ended up being as nonsensical and pointless as the main story.

Ah well, at least the art is good.
Jun 18, 2017 8:58 PM

Jan 2017
This is the first horror manga that I have ever read. I really love the artwork and I think I'm going to have to read more. I would switch authors though. Both of the endings were unsatisfactory to me. I liked the main story better than this one, especially with the twist of who the man chasing her was. This last story just left me wondering how the army of one managed to kill so many so fast. I'm guessing that the girl was unhappy in her relationship (because she said it would not have worked out anyway) and no one that died struggled because they all knew their attackers or something. I would love it if it was a longer, crazy manga instead of just a short bonus story.
Aug 15, 2017 12:25 PM

Sep 2011
Another story that ended without explain nothing. I really love Ito work, so I think I will have to get used to it.
Oct 26, 2017 7:29 PM

Oct 2015
The main manga was boring and had a meh ending as well. 5/10

Now the extra could have a whole manga itself. As someone pointed out the girl was under hypnosis because that music. So i can understand that a big group is behind the hypnosis scheme and people is being killed and sewed by other people under hypnosis.

btw I think that Ito is a bit overrated. I think I had high hopes for his works because I read Gyo (meh) and The mystery of Amigara Fault (gooooood) first but in the end Ito is just an average mangaka.
Oct 31, 2017 10:32 PM

Jun 2015
^ Am i dreaming or someone called Ito an average mangaka?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 4, 2018 9:04 AM

Sep 2011
I really like the cosmic horror of this series, much different than the typical ito fair, i just had alot of fun with it and space hobo was a badass. It'd be pretty sweet if this ever got a movie adaption hopefully with a good budget cause with the right animation there could be some breathtaking action sequences.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 13, 2018 10:31 AM
Jul 2016
Loved the bonus story hikkamori lifestyle ftw
Jan 3, 2019 5:29 AM

May 2016
Army of One was actually the story that caused me to read Hellstar Remina because I found out that it was a bonus chapter. Seeing all those people get stitched together for just being together was horrifying, with the casualties just being bigger and more grotesque as it goes on.

The Army of One used propaganda to brainwash the people into consenting into this happy bonding time bullshit and stitching them up with the help of otherworldly powers and people who've fallen to the persistent droning of the together song. Humans being mostly social creatures being torn apart with the threat of death pretty much made society crumble and left no purpose for many. Natsuko became one of them...

Sep 26, 2019 10:34 AM

Jul 2019
The bonus was the best! This story really creeps me out! The crazy and bizarre style of Junji Ito, different of all Remina's story.
Oct 6, 2019 7:24 PM

Oct 2016
I think a lot of people think this is the discussion post for the ending of Jigokusei Remina, when it's really just the bonus story, "Army Of One".
It was a short story people, how can you get this mixed up.
Anyway, Army Of One had a cool enough concept, but just felt really silly overall. That ending makes me feel like I could've read this in "Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark" when I was a child, haha.
It was alright.
I wonder what those flyers were all about? This was obviously some big conspiracy.
I enjoyed it, but it wasn't really good.
Like I said, the concept was very interesting, but from what I can tell so far, that's as far as Ito goes. Great concepts with mediocre executions.
These were my first Junji Ito stories, so maybe I'm just a bit disappointed. I don't mean to sound harsh, but I really think when it comes to Ito, he has an amazing amount of creativity, but poor writing skills.
I've got a lot more Ito to read before I come up with a well-formulated opinion though.

Nov 21, 2019 4:43 AM

Nov 2019
UnleashTheGoat said:
Lol, this was a fun read. The earth spinning so fast should've instantly killed everyone, but manga has been known to use artistic licenses concerning it's physics. And dat ending. As long as there's life, there's hope I guess? xD

I didn't really get the extra chapter though. It was funny, but it gave no clue whatsoever as to what happened or why it happened. Maybe a purely psychic parasite or something.

I do think the earth spinning fast was dumb just because it's physically impossible coz the planet would split itself apart nor Remina's tongue to facilitate that spin but tbf gravity was extremely low that it's probably micro gravity and the wind being not that fast judging from their hairs so makes sense, I don't why you think people would die instantly, normal Earth's G force yeah but the gravity because of Remina became so low
Haunt88Nov 21, 2019 4:47 AM
Mar 9, 2021 12:35 PM

Jan 2017
The reveal of who the shady hooded guy is was.......underwhelming and anti-climactic.
Mar 17, 2021 4:33 PM

Mar 2021
Guigas said:
Disappointing horror manga. This is probably the weakest work from Junji Ito.
Uzumaki tops this easily.

I definitely agree.

Like other Junji Ito mangas, the illustrations and drawings were fantastic. They definitely made the book a little creepier, especially when the one person's face melts.

The story, however, was pretty boring. I could not feel any suspense or tension when I was reading the manga. When it was first revealed that Remina had an eye, I was very excited. Once they introduced Remina's tongue, however, I started to lose interested. In my opinion, Remina licking the Earth was stupid, not creepy. In addition to this, the manga never goes into too much detail about the planet. I would have loved to see some more creepy aspects of life on the planet.

Overall, the best part of the manga was the illustrations and the homeless man twist.
Hi.
May 11, 2021 9:20 PM

Feb 2020
Lmao this was better than the actual remina story
May 24, 2021 4:00 AM

Jul 2013
Cosmic horror is really hard to create, that's for sure. Remina was rough around the edges, but it had many interesting new ideas compared to other horror manga. Maybe I should check out Gou Tanabe's Lovecraft adaptations.
Aug 27, 2022 10:50 AM

Dec 2020
The bonus chapter...

I am pretty sure Army of One isn't a secret organised group of criminals. It uses brainwashing to turn people into criminals and tie themselves up along with their loved ones.

That's why there are no signs of struggle.
Aug 30, 2022 10:58 AM
I like water

Feb 2020
Honestly, I didn't understand anything. I don't know what I just read.

Someone can explain me?
Nov 4, 2022 3:33 PM

Sep 2019
Army of One:
Weirdness is at 1000/10, but how the hell did she do all that without anyone noticing?
Nov 16, 2022 4:26 AM
Aug 2022
Tenho que dizer, está é a melhor obra do junji ito, mesmo sendo mais curta que as outras, esse final dói espetacular.
Feb 5, 2023 1:43 PM

Mar 2011
I enjoyed Remina. It is a great example of cosmic horror and doesn't take itself too seriously.
Jul 30, 2023 12:36 PM

May 2010
Bonus chapter was fine, and I actually liked the main story as well. Not Ito's best for sure, but if you don't pay too much attention to physics, I think it's pretty enjoyable. I just find the concept of planet with an eye terrifying, so might be just me though lol. I thought there would be some actual connection between the planet and the girl, that would make things more interesting I think, so it's a shame something like this didn't happen. 7/10
May 6, 7:08 AM
Jul 2023
Truly otherworldly and just horror, one of the greatest stories by Junji Ito, the thought of a planet-sized thing that's eating stars and planets is terrifying, and it goes into detail about what would happen and how human nature would lead us to turn on each other create cults worship false gods that is the true terror of this manga

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigokusei Remina Chapter 6 Discussion

SwimminglyDone - Apr 4, 2015

14 by TitanInsane »»
May 5, 2:36 AM

Poll: » Jigokusei Remina Chapter 5 Discussion

12 by Surana »»
Jul 16, 2023 8:21 PM

Poll: » Jigokusei Remina Chapter 4 Discussion

6 by Surana »»
Jul 16, 2023 8:11 PM

Poll: » Jigokusei Remina Chapter 3 Discussion

7 by Surana »»
Jul 16, 2023 8:03 PM

Poll: » Jigokusei Remina Chapter 2 Discussion

7 by Surana »»
Jul 16, 2023 7:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.