Forum Settings
Forums

do you like the fandom of your fave musical artists ??

New
Apr 17, 2:27 AM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
who's is/are your ace artists and do you enjoy being the part of it ? do you like the members of that fandom ?

୨♡୧ i am a huge huge huge lana del rey and ariana grande fan !! well i do enjoy being a part of both the fandoms for most of the part but sometimes they can be realllyyyy annoying,

lana fans (some) think they are better than others and melancholy is their aesthetic which can be a lil...overbearing
and arianators are..just...uh..KIDS so- there's that !!
Apr 17, 2:34 AM

Feb 2020
I don't usually care about any fandoms, so... :/
Apr 17, 2:36 AM

Nov 2021
No I don’t like the fans in general and I don’t want to include myself being a fan of any other artist either, i just like to listen them.
Apr 17, 3:20 AM

Jun 2016
I usually don't engage with music fans because it's not fun.
Megadeth fans always post "Megadeth > Metallica" everywhere,
Genesis fans always argue about whether the Phil Collins era even counts as music,
some of the more vocal metalheads are very elitist and love the smell of their own farts, my brother in Christ you are listening to Alestorm you don't have to be so "this is muh real music fuck this pop/rap/whatever shit" about it,
recent Kanye fans don't even like Kanye, they just like him because he spoke about the JQ, Wardruna/Heilung and other fans of neo pagan music genuinely think they are listening to historically informed performances
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Apr 17, 9:19 AM

Dec 2015
I will combine Metal Folk bands into one + Carrion.

They are too little and I barely met any people IRL who would like their music too, so far from others who enjoys this genre, they are fun people. Few of them were at archaeological excavation with me [feels like it is the common music for Polish archeologist from what I've experienced so far] with couple of them it felt like sharing the same braincells. [If someone would visit archeologists at work in the site most likely you'll hear this music blasting from speakers + some bardcore and Phonk/BR Phonk]
Here's few examples of such music -
https://www.youtube.com/@lesnelicho
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjY922wo6mKUyXy97o0abYQ
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL_bOUw8NJLVF2kUcL5Q6dA

For Carrion I haven't met anyone so I just assume it would be similar.
Here's their channel - https://www.youtube.com/@CarrionPl

Although I've met a couple of people who are fans of Black Metal and stuff like that and I ain't having as much in common with them, sometimes it is even hard for me to strike a conversation with em.
ZettaikenApr 17, 9:24 AM
Apr 17, 9:25 AM

Jan 2009
no im sure they somehow driven the vocalist of linkin park to suicide
Apr 17, 9:35 AM

Jul 2013
Vocaloids are my favorite fandom. It is that simple.
Apr 17, 11:50 AM

Dec 2019
i like listening to a lot of indie artists and vocaloid!
i don't engage a lot with the communities but the rare occasion mitski related stuff comes up on my fyp, i stg the comments are always the same: "NAME ONE MITSKI SONG!!" or "what do yall know about mitski?!!"
maybe it's only a small percentage of mitski fans but being a mitski fan feels like it's a competition of who knows her least popular songs... think this goes for a lot of indie artists.

vocaloid fans are pretty cool! i think pjsekai fans are unhinged in both good and bad ways
Apr 17, 6:59 PM

Jun 2015
radiohead fans have a great reputation, surely

Apr 17, 7:50 PM

Jun 2016
The j-music community is quite good and not very toxic, I suppose it unites us continue being pirates who continue using illegal downloads for concerts, albums, etc.
Apr 18, 3:55 AM

Jul 2014
Nope. Pretty much all music fandoms on the internet are toxic, annoying or both.
Take care of yourself

Apr 18, 4:28 AM

Dec 2022
My favourite music artists are obscure Newgrounds users, most of whom haven't had any activity on their accounts in over a decade. They don't have much of a fanbase to speak of as a consequence, not that I mind.

Shaded Horizon

Apr 18, 5:23 AM

Jun 2016
Reply to deg
no im sure they somehow driven the vocalist of linkin park to suicide
@deg Now they are on a massive collective guilt trip and pretend that One More Light is actually good. Not sure I like that. Feels disingenuine.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Apr 18, 5:26 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to Theo1899
@deg Now they are on a massive collective guilt trip and pretend that One More Light is actually good. Not sure I like that. Feels disingenuine.
@Theo1899 yep and im actually one of the few that like their newest songs
Apr 19, 11:46 AM

Sep 2019
I mainly just enjoy the music and don't associate myself with most fandoms of artists I like, some are chill and cool to talk to but majority of the time it's ruined by all the obnoxious ones lol.
Apr 22, 8:48 AM

Apr 2024
Kikuo's fandom ruined him syo hard for me for such a long time that I used to say he was my least favourite artist, syo you can probably guess how I feel about it.
I don't really know what the fandoms of my other favourite producers are like though (besides the fact that Iyowa fanartists on Pixiv are really really good lol).
wowie
Apr 22, 9:25 AM

Aug 2018
I'm a fan of Ado, and every single Ado fan I meet online is super chill and stuff. I wish I could go to one of her concerts one day.
Apr 22, 9:55 AM

Aug 2020
Soundgarden fandom is chilling and love their songs. All good.

Apr 23, 4:40 AM

Jan 2020
I went to go see Mitski in concert recently. The audience was filled with annoying Tiktok kids who couldn't stop shouting. One of the worst crowd experiences I've ever had, so I wouldn't say I'm part of her modern fandom.

« »
🍙 Koizumi Hanayo
Dareka Tasukete!!!
Apr 23, 6:35 AM

Feb 2018
hmm fans of japanese artists like King gnu, milliam parade, gen hoshino are generally wholesome normies. I like them. I like kpop but i don't like most kpop fans, they are quite toxic. American and european music fans are generally nice too. I don't like rap music fans, or even rap music with drugs, violence in general. Indian music fans are chill too. I don't really undersant heavy metal fans much, but i like some heavy metal music too :)

Apr 24, 12:36 PM

Jun 2014
I don't usually engage in specific fandoms that much, but from what I can tell, Ferry/PAFL fans seem pretty chill.
Apr 30, 9:21 AM

Nov 2019
I didn't know fandoms existed outside of the typical western pop and eastern pop. But I guess if they have similar taste and its not an obsessive fandom like army or swifties then sure.

More topics from this board

» My recent piano practice

philtecturophy - Yesterday

8 by Serafos »»
1 hour ago

» What was the last Arguement you had and why did it start ?

Thy-Veseveia - Yesterday

11 by Thy-Veseveia »»
1 hour ago

» The crickets or whatever insect they are outside my window are hella loud right now

SmugMiri - 12 hours ago

11 by Hikinekomori »»
2 hours ago

» environment day

FruitPunchBaka - 6 hours ago

5 by tsukareru »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - Apr 24

30 by Daviljoe193 »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.