Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2023 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, this epsiode escalated and I think the anime wanted to show us how much Sei has matured and developed in skills.

Luckily, her friends provided combat support but it was still an episode that needed Sei in the party. To the surprise of no one, Albert again shows how much he cares about Sei.
Nov 28, 2023 7:25 AM

Apr 2016
Bro, she got that handkerchief from her man, she's in!

I know they have like a high ranking magician guy dude with them, and basically what is a priest goddess of some sorts ... but still the engagement tactics of this knight detachment is lacking, just waltz in into a monster cavern and see what goes i guess, lol ... no wonder shit went sideways ...

But anyway as this isn't really the main thing of this show, i do wonder as we are on the ninth episode, that if we are going to actually see an engagement, or at least the proposal right, they can't just keep handing themselves handkerchiefs for the rest, can they now.
SwagernatorNov 28, 2023 7:28 AM
Nov 28, 2023 7:28 AM
Sep 2015
Now after near-death experience, I'm wondering if Sei will finally decide what she really want to do.
Nov 28, 2023 7:49 AM
Jul 2023
The whole dragon battle sequence is wonderful.
Nov 28, 2023 8:42 AM
Sep 2016
This show is revolutionary! Never would I have thought that everyone in this show is capable of teleporting at will. It was that, or that there's some mirror world mechanics happening in this EP. How else would you explain how Albert was standing on Sei's right in one scene, and then on her left the very next scene just a couple secs after, and then return to her right again on the next scene? Definitely NOT because the animators f*ked up, obviously....
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Nov 28, 2023 10:07 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Or that boar could have always lived in the area but ended up mutated by the miasama. The best way to deal with undead is to inflict injuries on them that not even they can recover from. The battle to cleanse the swamp sure was a tough one but what was more of a twist was that ambush at the bridge. Sei being separated from Hawk and co sure allowed us an unique opportunity to see a more vulnerble side to her. The true master of the swamp though was far more terrifying which made the battle against a deadly fare.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2023 10:14 AM

Feb 2019
FINALLY we get the epic sakuga that was teased at the start of this season. This staff definitely spent a lot of time on this episode and wanted to show case it front and centre early on. They deserve a ton of praise for the undead dragon fight. Really intense battle, surprised more people didn’t end up dead with how cramped that cave was.

Really cute how concerned Albert was for his girl once sei got separated from the rest of the group. We got to see a vulnerable side of Sei that we don’t usually see. Wondering if she’ll see everyone, especially Albert, again.

I think this’ll be a turning point for Sei and Albert’s relationship. She’s met his parents, they’ve had a near death experience together now and the next episode is titled “longing” I need it badly 😂 I guess we’ll also get to find out if the theory that this is the last Miasma swamp is true or not.
Marinate1016Nov 28, 2023 10:20 AM
Nov 28, 2023 3:29 PM

Dec 2013
It was a bit anticlimactic that she purified the big ass boar but it was because there was a way bigger threat later, it was a pretty fun episode with them exploring the cave and that final boss, specially after watching the Dragon's Dogma 2 showcase.
Nov 28, 2023 4:07 PM
May 2017
Very good episode! The season went full circle remaining three episodes. It seems Sei the Saint's work is done... I do not expect the story to go bold and develop itself in some unexpected way... it would be beyond the good behavior of the story. Both Sei the Wife and Sei the Mother are waiting in the future...
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Nov 28, 2023 8:41 PM
Mar 2015
Sei saves the day She aint afraid of no undead dragon
Nov 28, 2023 9:24 PM

Feb 2011
this season is aids. I know its a reverse harem but man it's stale as hell.

The first season had way more conflict and cool stuff. This season is just 10% action, 90% flirting or sei blushing
it's boring.

And if Sei has such crazy mana, why not learn an offensive spell? She should be pestering drewes to learn that holy arrow spell at least, but why not even a fireball or something
there's a whole ass academy and she only uses defensive spells???

2/10

Nov 28, 2023 11:40 PM

Nov 2021
Reply to Scootboi

The first season had way more conflict and cool stuff. This season is just 10% action, 90% flirting or sei blushing
it's boring.

And if Sei has such crazy mana, why not learn an offensive spell? She should be pestering drewes to learn that holy arrow spell at least, but why not even a fireball or something

2/10
@Scootboi Fr theres more romance between a fat kid & a honey bun ATP
this season is barely entertaining anymore im just sticking around to see if they'll actually get together smh

Nov 29, 2023 12:30 AM

Jul 2017
Going back to Season 2's opener, this is where shit finally hits the fan for the first time.

As Sei, Hawke and Yuri continue to root out miasma spots within his Hawke's own domain, the swamp in the abandoned mine in particular, is one area of uneasiness from rotting undead monsters, and Sei for the time being, earns Hawke's handkerchief to seal away from the smell as they travel deep into the cave. Sei knows that she has to conserve her power, yet when she casts her Area Heal, the monsters are notified, and Yuri wants to attempt purifying the miasma swamp himself, eliminating Sei's use of her Holy powers when it comes to the crunch. As powerful as Yuri's experimental power is, it's not enough to purify it, and Sei did her Holy Saint work as usual.

However, within a flash, Sei gets separated at the wooden bridge from an undead, and both Hawke and Yuri must get to her quick since she is only good for her magic. A breeze that leads them back to a part of the mine, and other than Sei and Hawke's awkward embrace seen by a few, the true miasma swamp is found deep within the recesses, leading to the undead dragon that was seen back in the opening scenes of Season 2. Desperate to weave their way out of the trouble, Sei's purification manages to purify the dragon, even with immense difficulty, to return the swamp back to its original state.

Now this is a hard level of difficulty overcome.
Nov 29, 2023 7:45 AM

Feb 2021
Sei just using Her power again :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 29, 2023 8:11 AM
Apr 2023
That was one heck of a literal suspension bridge effect there.
Now that the action is done, I guess we'll be switching to the BS nobility marriage stuff, which can get a little messy (but we all know it will be pushed to Hawke's direction).
Nov 29, 2023 8:21 AM
Aug 2020
Scootboi said:

it's boring.

2/10

this romance feels like u know that old golden era of romances that nothing happens, this is kids romance at finest xd. And yea if she have that amount of mana she could literally one hit solo enemies plus healing. I loved s1, lots of action, bit of romance, sei discovering potions and plot was interesting now is bit boring. i mean its watchable still but to s1 compared its downgrade.
Nov 29, 2023 3:54 PM
Oct 2019
YES!! Finally we finally go back to the beginning scene from Episode 1.
Nov 30, 2023 10:14 AM

Mar 2013
Finally. They finally defeated that intro from the first episode... I thought it was going to be at the final episode... Anyway, more story for their romance are in order....>_>
This slow pace and how the love story goes is just perfect! Someone calling it a kiddy love doesn't really know what love actually means.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 30, 2023 9:04 PM

Oct 2012
NGL, got kinda irritated this ep that Sei still has to act like a princess that needs saving and can't do anything by herself. C'mon Sei, you're a grown woman with OP saint powers. Surely you can do SOMETHING. Still a nice ep in the end and glad to see it all resolve by the end of the ep.
Dec 1, 2023 6:55 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
I'm not sure how I feel about this episode, I think this battle was way too overhyped in the first episode, and when it finally happened... that's it? I mean, I understand the boar getting one shotted by Sei, but a freaking Zombie Dragon? I was expecting a bit more, perhaps a two part episode and with more stuff on the line, instead we got the best possible outcome with little to no losses...
Dec 5, 2023 2:32 AM
Dec 2022
For awhile there the whole party looks like being defeated by the big undead dragon. Sei and Hawke should be much more closer now with that scare.
Dec 5, 2023 5:23 PM

Nov 2016
The teasing in episode 1 made a way bigger deal of it this incident than it ultimately was.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 19, 2023 7:06 PM

Feb 2019
Sei needs to pack more spells in her arsenal. Maybe she should ask Drewes to help her master the Holy Arrow spell he used; if she learned it, it will be very effective when used lol
Dec 20, 2023 1:59 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I liked the cave exploration to lead to the battle but do not underestimate the saint's powers xD
Jan 9, 12:10 PM

Feb 2012
What holy powers did Sei use to land relatively safe despite falling down a deep dark hole?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jan 12, 3:23 AM
Oct 2018
Well the Undead Dragon was certainly a surprise, but everything worked out quite well in the end.
Apr 15, 11:44 PM
Aug 2020
Sei is basically an NPC, she does absolutely nothing, she almost dies and someone specifically handsome will help her
then she says two words and everyone congratulates her on her effort
shoujo is a joke

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou desu Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2023

44 by kund4tb »»
Jun 5, 4:38 PM

Poll: » Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou desu Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2023

28 by Aggnog »»
May 20, 5:25 AM

Poll: » Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou desu Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2023

104 by White_Alice »»
Apr 27, 1:54 AM

Poll: » Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou desu Season 2 Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2023

38 by LucasDoragon »»
Apr 14, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou desu Season 2 Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2023

23 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 6, 6:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.