Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2022 2:49 PM

Feb 2014
I hate that Marin is the only female saint wearing a mask, it is so stupid, still there are some nice things like fixing Daedalus' story.
Aug 7, 2022 3:02 PM
Feb 2020
curvedtree said:
I hate that Marin is the only female saint wearing a mask, it is so stupid, still there are some nice things like fixing Daedalus' story.

yeah, they should just be faithful or abolish this ideia to all female characters
Aug 7, 2022 9:36 PM
Oct 2017
curvedtree said:

I guess that they're tryng to keep marin's mask as a mystery about seiya's sister (tho who read the manga know the truth)
Aug 7, 2022 11:43 PM
Feb 2020
agua_benta said:
curvedtree said:

I guess that they're tryng to keep marin's mask as a mystery about seiya's sister (tho who read the manga know the truth)
But Aioria already said that Marin inst Seiya sister in the last season
Aug 8, 2022 9:38 AM
Oct 2017
- Why didn't Shun used another chain to bind Hyoga instead of just letting him drift out of sight?
- June recognised that the person in front of her is the eagle saint when she was told the name Marin and not the freeaking eagle cloth she sees?
- It's just weird that they know they went back to the start from looking at the Gemini temple first and not their surroundings.
- They are so lazy with the animation despite it being all CGI is just ugh. They really couldn't animate the chain wrapping around the pillar and just showed a static shot of the chain when it's already wrapped around the pillar, even the 2D show did that properly. They also couldn't animate Shiryu and Seiya breaking through the labyritnth and instead just covered the screen with white and cut to when they already passed through. There are tons of these kinds of stupid cut corners all over.
- English subtitle is still amateur and wrong in so many places that it's annoying to even look at.

It's actually nice they expanded on Daidalos and June and give them some personalities. June is actually doing something.
Aug 8, 2022 5:47 PM

Feb 2014
Niello said:
- Why didn't Shun used another chain to bind Hyoga instead of just letting him drift out of sight?
- June recognised that the person in front of her is the eagle saint when she was told the name Marin and not the freeaking eagle cloth she sees?
- It's just weird that they know they went back to the start from looking at the Gemini temple first and not their surroundings.
- They are so lazy with the animation despite it being all CGI is just ugh. They really couldn't animate the chain wrapping around the pillar and just showed a static shot of the chain when it's already wrapped around the pillar, even the 2D show did that properly. They also couldn't animate Shiryu and Seiya breaking through the labyritnth and instead just covered the screen with white and cut to when they already passed through. There are tons of these kinds of stupid cut corners all over.
- English subtitle is still amateur and wrong in so many places that it's annoying to even look at.

It's actually nice they expanded on Daidalos and June and give them some personalities. June is actually doing something.

- They have this sadistic feeling on destroying Shun's character, in the original at least, we knew the Andromeda's Chains could move on their own and that is why in the original the chains were concerned with saving Shun using both chains to hang into something.

- June has no use in the original and she basically disappears never to be mentioned again - until Episode G - so they are trying to create another strong feminine character, but they are failing it again.

- Gemini temple has an unique Façade with two sculptures on it, easier to identify than the surroundings considering they lose their perspective when they leave the temple.

- Agreed, even Another Dimension looks uninteresting, I have this memory of Saints saying that being inside that attack feels like their bodies is being torn apart, but now it is so lame... I wonder how they will ruin Lighting Plasma as well

- What do you mean by the subs? Things like Sienna, Magnus, Nero?

TBH, I would love if June somehow got together with them and we would still have Shun as a male, would be a win-win, now June will be the one following Marin back to Star Hill, there is no point in having two people there.
Aug 9, 2022 3:01 AM

Jan 2009
damn that Daedalus guy seems strong what a shame he died

and finally more girls on this sausage fest of a show lol

Gemini using illusions and reflectors hopefully Shaun and Magnus survives
Aug 9, 2022 11:06 PM

Jan 2011
once again my main problem is that the attacks lack impact, Geminis Dimensional attack is supposed to drag you like it was a black hole, Shun should be hanging for her dear life while her chains are barrely resisting an near breaking... not to mention it should look more terrifying, like being thrown into the vacuum of space
Aug 19, 2022 6:12 AM
Aug 2022
If s1 had had the structure of s2, this s2 would have quality, this is the arc of the sanctuary, the fights are everything, the fights of hades inferno and elysium return, static that kurumada likes so much.
Sep 4, 2022 11:15 PM
Oct 2017
[quote=curvedtree message=67116271]
Niello said:

- Gemini temple has an unique Façade with two sculptures on it, easier to identify than the surroundings considering they lose their perspective when they leave the temple.

They have no way of knowing what the other side of the temple look like. It could have been the same on both sides. They could know that they managed to pass through the temple just by looking at the stairs in front of them, which should go up rather than down.

- Agreed, even Another Dimension looks uninteresting, I have this memory of Saints saying that being inside that attack feels like their bodies is being torn apart, but now it is so lame... I wonder how they will ruin Lighting Plasma as well

Yeah, they used to do this face and body stretching things that made the impact of attacks really striking and painful. Yet they got rid of possibly one of the most iconic things.

- What do you mean by the subs? Things like Sienna, Magnus, Nero?

I'm not talking about the localised names and terms. The sub is just saying straight-up different things from the Japanese script. This has been happening throughout all the released episodes so far. it's jarring and awful. Some of them simplify the dialogue a lot, and some of them deviated enough to change the information you're supposed to get from the story entirely. There're also a few that are completely wrong translation or ignore the Japanese script outright.

Oct 13, 2022 10:33 AM

Oct 2013
Gemini Gold Saint was standing there... menacingly!

silversaint said:
once again my main problem is that the attacks lack impact, Geminis Dimensional attack is supposed to drag you like it was a black hole, Shun should be hanging for her dear life while her chains are barrely resisting an near breaking... not to mention it should look more terrifying, like being thrown into the vacuum of space

Yeah, while I really enjoyed this episode, I also felt that Another Dimension lacked impact and dreadfulness it had in previous Saint Seiya shows. Too bad. It was meant to look menacing both to the person getting attacked by Gemini Gold Saint, and for anyone (viewers of this show included, lol) watching it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya - Battle for Sanctuary Episode 12 Discussion

deg - Oct 9, 2022

18 by Nagamasakun »»
Apr 1, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya - Battle for Sanctuary Episode 1 Discussion

Guanimero - Jul 31, 2022

16 by jieprkly »»
May 28, 2023 5:08 PM

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya - Battle for Sanctuary Episode 11 Discussion

deg - Oct 2, 2022

6 by Adnash »»
Oct 15, 2022 10:40 AM

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya - Battle for Sanctuary Episode 10 Discussion

deg - Sep 26, 2022

4 by Adnash »»
Oct 14, 2022 12:07 PM

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya - Battle for Sanctuary Episode 9 Discussion

deg - Sep 18, 2022

8 by Adnash »»
Oct 14, 2022 11:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.