Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2010 6:58 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
kuroshiroiAug 24, 2011 7:33 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 27, 2010 10:26 AM
Apr 2008
OMG I loved it. Hope this will be a success and more episodes will be following :)
Apr 27, 2010 4:26 PM

May 2009
Since it was labelled as episode 1, I think that there is more to come. I'm looking forward to it, but I somehow recall the exact same scenes those were in the first episode from Detective Conan.
Apr 28, 2010 9:56 AM

Feb 2010
yay, finally watched it subbed =3

I'm so curious about Kaito Kid, the concept is great and caught me right away =3
The first minutes were like "WTF" to me, but still very enjoyable,
and I can't help, but I feel like a little fangirly when it comes to Kaito Kid x3
....the fact that I'm a boy doesn't matter in this x'D
Apr 28, 2010 7:47 PM

Mar 2009
I thought it was excellent, and judging by the end it does seem like there will be more.

He's not exactly like the Kaito Kid in Detective Conan, though I guess I don't really have much to base that off of.
They didn't give us too much bg on him in DC.

He just seems kind of goofy, and not as....suave?
But, I still like the this version, and I guess he did act more the part on the roof.

The tsundere is a little too much like Ran from DC, and even scarier...if that's even possible :P

But, in contrast, I liked the fact that the inspector is a lot like Kogorou, it fit the role perfect.

I hope there's more...Urahara Out!!
Apr 28, 2010 8:14 PM

Feb 2009
They are just like Shinichi and Ran, I always wondered why Kaito kid and Shinichi look alike, Anyway Kaito sounds more like Inuyasha here though. The magic trick was cool as usual. Ah can barely wait for the new DC movie!
Apr 29, 2010 3:40 PM

Oct 2007
MrHatandClogs said:
He's not exactly like the Kaito Kid in Detective Conan, though [...]He just seems kind of goofy, and not as....suave?

That's what bothered me too at first. He was so much more mysterious and ..*suppresses inner fangirl*...cooler OTL
But goofy Kaito has his cool moments too, so it's easy to accept that other side of him :D
May 1, 2010 1:34 AM

Dec 2007
Seeing "episode 1" at the end really made me hope there will be more episodes, cause I quite enjoyed this special.
May 1, 2010 2:36 PM

Jan 2010
I really enjoyed watching this, and I don't even watch Detective Conan either.

I am proud to have Clannad as the only thing on my dropped list.
May 4, 2010 7:07 AM

Mar 2010
I also have never seen DC, but I liked this special. It was good, had an older anime feel to it. I hope that the do a sequel to finish the storyline. The Secret Birth of Kaito Kid is the next special? Is that a prequel to this one I wonder? I hope not, I want to know what happens after this one!
May 7, 2010 4:45 PM

May 2007
I just got round to watching the special and I thought it was very good. I have a feeling a proper season for this series will air soon....perhaps in July or later. ;)

I want MOAR!! XD
May 8, 2010 5:11 PM

Jul 2008
With all those trash animes, there is only one episode for Magic Kaito !!!
It's just not fair!! ><
May 18, 2010 1:33 AM

Oct 2009
I've been waiting for this since I don't know when. I liked this a lot and I want more)!
May 19, 2010 11:36 AM

Jul 2008
what's the difference between this one and this: http://myanimelist.net/anime/8506/Detective_Conan_Special:_Secret_Birth_of_Kaito_Kid ?on wikipedia it is listed as a special-the same as the vs Lupin III one and here on MAL it has a separate entry so I suppose they're different...any1 saw it?
May 23, 2010 1:36 AM

Jul 2007
That was good. I really hope they make a longer series for Kaito Kid,
More Kid vs Conan episodes would be awesome.
Aug 6, 2010 9:23 PM

Jan 2010
I rlly like Kaito Kid but the special was a disappointment for me.
In the older episodes Kaito looked way cuter without his Kaito Kid outfit, but in the special the eyes were so weird that it didnt seem right.
And in anime he didnt look that manly, as in with a mans body. He kinda had a young mans/boys body.
It sometimes good that art changes with time but those eyes were so messed up! DX
Aug 20, 2010 3:43 PM

Jul 2009
This was good. I just hope that it continues, Kaito needs his own anime :D

If Magic Kaito and Detective Conan's world are really in the same one, then that means, that the one who killed Kaito's dad are.... O.O

HRisa said:
what's the difference between this one and this: http://myanimelist.net/anime/8506/Detective_Conan_Special:_Secret_Birth_of_Kaito_Kid ?on wikipedia it is listed as a special-the same as the vs Lupin III one and here on MAL it has a separate entry so I suppose they're different...any1 saw it?

I think they're the same... that's what I heard anyway. Just look it up yourself :D
This is a signature.
Aug 25, 2010 9:20 PM

Mar 2008
26 episode series full of this goodness please!
Sep 22, 2010 1:14 PM

Sep 2009
Better then I expected :)
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Jan 15, 2011 4:17 AM
Apr 2008
where can I watch this episode with english sub?
and does anyone knows where I can watch the movies and special episodes of detective conan?
thank you in advance...
Jan 10, 2013 10:16 AM

Jul 2012
Hooooly! So much swag in just the first episode! Daaaaang. The comedy, the action, the magic, the mystery. Wow.
5/5

Pi said:
26 episode series full of this goodness please!

+1
Sep 14, 2013 4:32 PM

Apr 2012
This was a very good first episode. I am glad they made more of them ^^
Mar 29, 2014 12:56 AM

Jun 2011
This is definitely much better than Connan. Not to mention I can here kappei yamaguchi sama for runtime of the episode.
Great plot and funny scenes. Kinda reminds me of Lupin the 3rd. Or is it a copy-paste of him? :P
Dec 20, 2014 7:06 PM

Jun 2012
So is this how Kaitou kid came about? Thats pretty awesome. I wish they wouldve gave us a reason why his father stole.
Feb 6, 2015 12:06 PM

Jun 2014
This is my first exposure to Kaito Kid, and I must say, this show looks pretty cool. Definitely one of the best "Episode 1's" I've ever seen!

Sep 7, 2015 2:36 PM

Nov 2014
MaxCrazy7 said:
They are just like Shinichi and Ran, I always wondered why Kaito kid and Shinichi look alike, Anyway Kaito sounds more like Inuyasha here though. The magic trick was cool as usual. Ah can barely wait for the new DC movie!
its cuz their voice actor is the same. in fact kaito and shinichi's voice is the same too
anndie_rose said:
where can I watch this episode with english sub?
and does anyone knows where I can watch the movies and special episodes of detective conan?
thank you in advance...

gogoanime
ttcchenSep 7, 2015 3:01 PM
Dec 1, 2016 4:09 PM

Feb 2013
That disappearing trick was nice, and it was his first one.
Jul 20, 2020 5:56 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Catching up this special cause a random matter....
Nice tricks there and intrigueing with the story telling. I wonder why those police were so fuckin dumb already. Lets see what Conan could do on these little show. And yeah, more romance and dumb action on the line making this show a super duper interesting....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 26, 2021 12:16 PM

Jul 2011
The detective finding the diamond in the salmon is pretty funny.
Jan 6, 2022 10:28 AM
Apr 2021
It is so in medias rest.I felt like I missed something.Also does Kaito really become thief just because his father was a thief!?I think being thief isn't a good thing
Jan 6, 2022 10:31 AM
Apr 2021
LuckyAlix said:
This is definitely much better than Connan. Not to mention I can here kappei yamaguchi sama for runtime of the episode.
Great plot and funny scenes. Kinda reminds me of Lupin the 3rd. Or is it a copy-paste of him? :P

Another Lupin Sansei fan yeah!😄 I am looking for animes like that but they barely can reach the level of Lupin.I will see what it brings but great pretender anime seems boring too after 3 eps
Jan 6, 2022 11:45 AM

Jun 2011
Mrs_Lupin said:
LuckyAlix said:

Another Lupin Sansei fan yeah!😄 I am looking for animes like that but they barely can reach the level of Lupin.I will see what it brings but great pretender anime seems boring too after 3 eps

Coul'd agree more. It is quite difficult to find something similar. Lupin will always be in my heart for it's unique characteristic to keep such a good balance between comedy & action. Fun story, colorful characters, quite intertemporal. :-)
I also want to give Great Pretender a chance, however I'm not sure it will be as entertaining as the trailer showed.
Hmmm... you may find a somewhat similar vibe to Lupin in Michiko & Hatchin, Baccano, Cowboy Bebop and maaaybe Black Lagoon (though the scenario is a little bit more serious).
Jan 8, 2022 1:21 AM
Apr 2021
LuckyAlix said:
Mrs_Lupin said:

Coul'd agree more. It is quite difficult to find something similar. Lupin will always be in my heart for it's unique characteristic to keep such a good balance between comedy & action. Fun story, colorful characters, quite intertemporal. :-)
I also want to give Great Pretender a chance, however I'm not sure it will be as entertaining as the trailer showed.
Hmmm... you may find a somewhat similar vibe to Lupin in Michiko & Hatchin, Baccano, Cowboy Bebop and maaaybe Black Lagoon (though the scenario is a little bit more serious).

Thanks maybe I will give a chance for anything of them.Cowboy bebop is good I saw few eps of it but it's sometimes not enough for me to look forward
Feb 16, 2023 12:59 AM
Apr 2021
LuckyAlix said:
Mrs_Lupin said:

thanks for the recommendations.I already started Cowboy bebop(it sometimes makes me depressed,just like City Hunter too,they are kinda similar)but the other two seems good as well.I will give them a chance

More topics from this board

» How Ruby Jones found out about Kaito Kid's real idetitiy? :/ (contain spoilers)

mangalicker94 - Mar 26, 2015

7 by sakurabonx3 »»
Jul 23, 2023 6:35 PM

Poll: » Magic Kaito Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 29, 2012

15 by adrai99 »»
Jul 3, 2023 8:36 PM

» Can I watch this even tough I haven't seen detective Conan

sonu711 - Dec 14, 2021

3 by Sinom »»
Dec 15, 2021 2:34 AM

Poll: » Magic Kaito Episode 4 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 24, 2011

26 by 606cypherine »»
Jul 7, 2021 11:11 PM

» Spoilers/Relation to conan question

giraffesyo - Jan 20, 2014

6 by manwithaplan9001 »»
Sep 18, 2020 1:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.