Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Case Study of Vanitas
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 2, 2021 9:27 PM
Oct 2020
Just wanted to say cuz who knows u guys might think of it as BL after watching the OP and ED
Both have their own love interest so don't worry..
Well I know it might have been pointless to make a thread just for this but u know it's just......
Blah blah blah blah .... So annoying. Are you bastards in heat or something?
- Sakata gintoki
Jul 2, 2021 9:42 PM

Oct 2020
Tbh each coment about BL bait is really annoying, when the two MCs each have a legit Female love interest. Anime only should have waited a few eps before deciding to talk like that.
Jul 2, 2021 9:52 PM
Anime Moderator
May 2018
Nobara98 said:
Tbh each coment about BL bait is really annoying, when the two MCs each have a legit Female love interest. Anime only should have waited a few eps before deciding to talk like that.

It's a clear insecurity, any sign that it could potentially be a BL gets them all bent out of shape for some reason. It's honestly getting tiring seeing comments like that both here and for a bunch of other anime.
Jul 2, 2021 10:27 PM

Aug 2016
Nobara98 said:

they don't have to wait for a few episodes tbh, the next one will do
Jul 2, 2021 10:48 PM

Oct 2020
Reven-of-death said:
Nobara98 said:

they don't have to wait for a few episodes tbh, the next one will do
Yeah I know Jeanne will appear in the next eps, and Most likely
at least it will make Anime only realize this is not BL bait.
Jul 2, 2021 11:47 PM
Apr 2020
Mal the only place you will get people actively trying to warn people of possible gay but not actual child touchers
Jul 3, 2021 1:52 AM

Jul 2020
Tbf,this series is heavily giving me BL vibes(in the 1st episode) but that doesn't stop me from watching this series tho.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jul 3, 2021 1:55 AM

Nov 2019
They aren't misleading, they are portraying something very different, and that's something only manga readers know...

But the BL part yeah, two male characters cannot
(I) smile together
(II) touch themselves casually
(III) Fool around together for a while
(IV) Be more than 1 metre close to each other

Otherwise BL YAOIIIIIII FUJOBAIIIIIIT

A shame that someone literally has to create such a thread in the Vanitas forum for some weird people out here...
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Jul 3, 2021 2:08 AM

Jul 2015
OP, not everyone perceives two characters of the same sex having any sort of interaction as them being gay. It's not Twitter.
Actually, if you'd say that on Twitter, you would be doxxed and mass reported.

Jul 3, 2021 2:30 AM
Sep 2020
Laplace_kun said:
They aren't misleading, they are portraying something very different, and that's something only manga readers know...

But the BL part yeah, two male characters cannot
(I) smile together
(II) touch themselves casually
(III) Fool around together for a while
(IV) Be more than 1 metre close to each other

Otherwise BL YAOIIIIIII FUJOBAIIIIIIT

A shame that someone literally has to create such a thread in the Vanitas forum for some weird people out here...
I swear it's always those people that make stupid threads like that, I don't get how they try to avoid bl like the plague...some people say they get uncomfortable & avoid it, I would too if it literally had the tag 'yaoi'(we all know those are fetishy and bad) but since romance ain't the main focus of the anime even if it were to have a same sex couple that shouldn't matter ...
Jul 3, 2021 6:32 AM
Aug 2019
Piromysl said:
OP, not everyone perceives two characters of the same sex having any sort of interaction as them being gay. It's not Twitter.

except here on MAL, they do...
Jul 3, 2021 6:41 AM

Jul 2015
WeebVyper said:
Piromysl said:

Few people here do, but overall people don't.
Unlike on Twitter, where stating that Deku is canonically straight will get you doxxed, for example.

Jul 3, 2021 6:52 AM
Jan 2021
Thanks, I just watched the op and thought oh damn I don’t wanna watch bl but bc of your post i will still watch it thanks a lot🙏🏼 Bc the op and character Design looks great
Jul 3, 2021 6:54 AM
Aug 2019
Piromysl said:
WeebVyper said:

Few people here do, but overall people don't.
Unlike on Twitter, where stating that Deku is canonically straight will get you doxxed, for example.

I mean there was already a thread made asking if it was BL, plus the most recent reply to this thread also says they thought it was BL because of the OP and ED... It's sad but it does happen
Jul 3, 2021 7:15 AM

Nov 2014
People see what they want to see, of course when haters come forward and say if Noé and Vanitas spend time closely together and interacting with each other (and being pretty bois too), OF COURSE the haters has to assume "It's fujobait", jesus christ.

I am a BL shipper and I ship Vanitas and Noé together, HOWEVER, there are canon pairings in the series and I am totally chill with that. It's the haters who has to stop assuming it is yaoi bait just because there are pretty boys in the series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2021 2:07 AM

Jun 2021
What really sucks is that the people who made threads about Yaoi bait misled a lot of people and could make them drop the anime. I'll make fun of them and create a similar thread when Jeanne appears in the anime.

I hope this fandom doesnt turn like Seraph of the End which the most suitable anime to define Fujoshi are act as if all their ships are canon and attack people who disagree. for example Mika x Yuu shipers they act as if Mikayuu is canon and have romantic feelings for each other, eventhough they are just brothers in arms who care about each others.
Lguanlin92Jul 6, 2021 2:10 AM
Jul 6, 2021 9:19 PM

Nov 2015
Fkpu said:
Thanks, I just watched the op and thought oh damn I don’t wanna watch bl but bc of your post i will still watch it thanks a lot🙏🏼 Bc the op and character Design looks great

But there is some Yuri.

HACKs! 🤢🤮
Jul 6, 2021 9:41 PM

Apr 2016
Old_School_Akira said:
Fkpu said:

But there is some Yuri.

Have you read the manga? The context of the first picture is nothing like that.
Jul 7, 2021 6:36 AM
Mar 2016
Ngl I almost dropped the show from the to-watch list after seeing the OP. The OP gave me a full-on BL vibe. I don't mind a show with a gay undertone or even gay MCs so long as it's not a romance. Romance is just not my cup of tea, both the straight and the BL one. Thank god I read a comment on Youtube clarifying it.

So far the show hasn't impressed me (still 5/10), but I'll try watching it until episode 4 before determining whether to drop it.
Jul 7, 2021 6:40 AM

Mar 2021
OttoLannister550 said:
Ngl I almost dropped the show from the to-watch list after seeing the OP. The OP gave me a full-on BL vibe. I don't mind a show with a gay undertone or even gay MCs so long as it's not a romance. Romance is just not my cup of tea, both the straight and the BL one. Thank god I read a comment on Youtube clarifying it.

So far the show hasn't impressed me (still 5/10), but I'll try watching it until episode 4 before determining whether to drop it.

That's unfortunate then because you will definitely drop it in episode 2

Jul 7, 2021 7:21 AM
Mar 2016
meyve said:
OttoLannister550 said:

I should've worded it better. I don't mind romance so long as it is not the core of the show. It would be much better if the genre is seinen, psychological, or action-packed but with strategy or philosophical moments instead of just pure magic or brute force. It's hard to explain it but as an example, anime like Re: Zero is okay to me, but the likes of Oregairu or Seishun Buta Yaro is not. Banana Fish is okay, but Given is not.

Also, although I may still watch it in some cases, I don't really like anime with too much fanservice no matter whether it is directed to the boys or the girls. Having too many waifu or husbando chars are fine, but too much accidental and intended pervert scenes or scenes with the sole purpose being to appease the horny simps and fujoshis (e.g. female chars jiggling her boobs while running on the corridor, male chars being only an inch from each others face for no reason, etc) kinda ruin my enjoyment to the show
OttoLannister550Jul 7, 2021 7:27 AM
Jul 7, 2021 7:47 AM

Mar 2021
OttoLannister550 said:
meyve said:

I should've worded it better. I don't mind romance so long as it is not the core of the show. It would be much better if the genre is seinen, psychological, or action-packed but with strategy or philosophical moments instead of just pure magic or brute force. It's hard to explain it but as an example, anime like Re: Zero is okay to me, but the likes of Oregairu or Seishun Buta Yaro is not. Banana Fish is okay, but Given is not.

Also, although I may still watch it in some cases, I don't really like anime with too much fanservice no matter whether it is directed to the boys or the girls. Having too many waifu or husbando chars are fine, but too much accidental and intended pervert scenes or scenes with the sole purpose being to appease the horny simps and fujoshis (e.g. female chars jiggling her boobs while running on the corridor, male chars being only an inch from each others face for no reason, etc) kinda ruin my enjoyment to the show

Then youll like it. This is a dark fantasy. And the romance is not annoying

Jul 7, 2021 10:30 AM

Nov 2019
meyve said:
OttoLannister550 said:

He/she really should. With that type of mindset, that is. "OP gave me a full-on BL vibe". This is a sad community.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Apr 23, 2022 12:38 AM

Sep 2012
OttoLannister550 said:

i don't mind if there is support chars in gay romance but if MC is then its not my cup of tea (unless its 2girl, yuri i do dig a bit), worse if its full on BL like all male chars, ofc i don't think this type exists as anime

Sugram22Apr 23, 2022 9:10 AM

More topics from this board

» Dubbed versions

Vanitas_BMkin - Jun 4

2 by Reevansingh21 »»
Jun 4, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2021

126 by nikki05 »»
Apr 15, 10:30 AM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2021

242 by Sasutaschi »»
Apr 6, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2021

158 by wallus81 »»
Mar 25, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2021

148 by wallus81 »»
Mar 24, 12:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.