Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2020 6:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was somewhat of an awkward episode for me.

The sunglasses in particular stood out but it's one of those episodes that focused more on socialization rather than the mech-action combat. Kamiyama and Sakura had some cute windows of moments together so this series still haven't forgotten the pair.
May 15, 2020 6:59 AM

Feb 2018
It seems like Sakura was very happy today, Sakura was excited because her cooking would be eaten by Seijuurou and for some reason she was very happy about it. I was interested when Sakura imagined that she was a mother and her lover was Seijuurou, while Clara was their child. But that's just imagination and it's time for Sakura to come back to reality, it seems like Sakura didn't cook alone this time because she seemed to be helped by her friends, look....

May 15, 2020 10:16 AM
Apr 2020
Compared to the game, we get to see more of Reiji's idiot side in the anime.

Word is the anime is quite well received by the Japanese fandom.
May 15, 2020 12:54 PM

Feb 2019
I wish the show was drawn instead of completely CGI, the character designs by Kubo are so nice and cute.

Occasionally we do see some drawn characters and it’s nice. It’s kind of funny how in other series you see side characters being CGI and the main cast drawn to save money. Opposite here.

Really funny episode, the disguises were on point lol. The slice of life moments are where this series really shines and it was nice to get an episode full of them
May 15, 2020 3:18 PM

Jan 2009
funny and light hearted episode

that Leyla villain is sexy hot though and i think she will be the final villain like on that battle on the OP between Sakura and her look a like

yep next episode looks like shit is about to get serious

May 15, 2020 5:41 PM
Jul 2015
zz2000 said:

But compare to game , they seem to ruin all of the main characters . Seijuro is just boring bland dude a yes man now . While Sakura is alway dreaming Seijuro now and other girl reduce to nothing

May 15, 2020 9:16 PM

Oct 2012
For me the show is getting increasingly boring. I want to see a battle, a song, anything else. I wouldn't mind the romance if it could make me feel something.
May 15, 2020 9:19 PM

Jan 2009
modboy said:
For me the show is getting increasingly boring. I want to see a battle, a song, anything else. I wouldn't mind the romance if it could make me feel something.

episode 6 got a battles right or its like every other episode there is a battle?
May 15, 2020 11:43 PM

Jul 2017
Seijuro is back, and nothing but bad news reeks the Imperial Revue of developments outside the building.

Other than that, the girls cooking up a meal for the returning captain, to family feels. Thought Sakura would one-edge over the others, but Seijuro went with the family instead of relationships.

A blunt kind as compared to the game...but eventually Sakura did (in secret), and it became a race to tail the date feat. Klara (so Seijuro in this adaptation became a beta male).

Still a low-brow episode that sticks to the SOL side of things, but hopefully there'll be plot to cover for the remaining 2nd half.

zz2000 said:

Oh well, none (or VERY few) of us Westerners will be intrigued by Japan's exclusive offerings that take a lot of time to understand, yet localize it in infinite wisdom.
May 16, 2020 8:24 AM

May 2018
deg said:
funny and light hearted episode

that Leyla villain is sexy hot though and i think she will be the final villain like on that battle on the OP between Sakura and her look a like

yep next episode looks like shit is about to get serious

Yep, it sure is...................
May 18, 2020 4:50 AM

Oct 2017
Now this was an amusing episode. Also this mc is smart. He easily dodged the question about who's dish he's gonna try first and just asked em all to join him XD.
Jun 6, 2020 7:29 AM

Apr 2011
Damn. Seijuro has an harem. The girls all cooked for him. Lucky bastard.

Amusing episode with the date. Laughed at the two failing to jump on board. Next episode could be interesting. Hoping for more action.
Jun 19, 2020 10:44 AM

Nov 2008
I, for one, hereby embrace the captain of Jealousy Division, Shiba Reiji, as a Best Girl of Shin Sakura Taisen! For real though, his idiotic comedy bits are so far the best this show has to offer. The Moon Division finally made an appearance, but unfortunately they were given a very minor role. And it seems within a time frame between the game and the anime, the technology in-universe has advanced enough to implement a portable voice transmitters (in the game, the portable device MC carries was only capable of receiving calls and text messages).
GenoardJun 19, 2020 10:47 AM
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Jul 8, 2020 2:48 AM

Jul 2015
Lmao Shiba's bit was pretty funny, didn't expect him to lead the 'ruin date' operation. I have to say so far the comedic parts of this series are the best part compared to the main story.

Oct 10, 2022 9:18 AM
Dec 2017
Magito said:

Amusing episode with the date. Laughed at the two failing to jump on board. Next episode could be interesting. Hoping for more action.

Pretty much the entire series mcs have had harems and you should try the original games if you hadn't yet

Oct 18, 2022 5:19 AM

Apr 2011
Crow_Black said:
Magito said:

Pretty much the entire series mcs have had harems and you should try the original games if you hadn't yet

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm planning to get it on the PS4 in the future.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shin Sakura Taisen the Animation Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2020

19 by yakisobaman »»
Mar 4, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Shin Sakura Taisen the Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2020

61 by yakisobaman »»
Mar 1, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Shin Sakura Taisen the Animation Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2020

14 by Wakashimazu »»
Oct 11, 2022 11:36 PM

Poll: » Shin Sakura Taisen the Animation Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2020

29 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Oct 10, 2022 9:29 AM

Poll: » Shin Sakura Taisen the Animation Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2020

11 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Oct 10, 2022 9:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.