Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2018 5:01 PM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aw yiss Suzuka is back! Really wonderful finish if you ask me and buildup to this match. Quite like that they still included this as it would really be a shame that she would drop out for the rest of the series! I do wonder how Special Week will finish the Japan Cup. Quite like the development here, so looking forwards to see what's next.
Jun 26, 2020 6:04 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So happy that Suzuka won, now I hope that Special Week will beat Broye.
Dec 14, 2020 11:56 PM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
Hearing Rie Kugimiya's voice makes me feel nostalgic

also I guess I should show up on these discussion after seeing an episode

now I've just been spoiled
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Jan 3, 2021 1:10 AM

Aug 2019
did the thread for this episode discussion get deleted or something? why is there only 3 comments
Jan 5, 2021 8:47 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I can't say much for these episode rather than just say: welcome back, Silence Suzuka-chan!

The next will be Special Week. I wonder how much effort she needed to beat Broye? Or not even had a chance? Lets enjoy the last race before entering the new season!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 16, 2021 6:22 AM

Feb 2020
I'm so happy that Silence Suzuka is back!

SerafosDec 20, 2023 7:22 AM
May 7, 2021 1:48 AM

Jan 2017
I got worried when Suzuka kept going faster and faster, thought a repeat of that accident is incoming, glad it wasn't though

Oh boy, time for Spe-chan's penultimate race
Nov 11, 2022 5:22 PM
Apr 2022
This race is described as an 'Open Special', is it for the anime narrative purposes, right? No references to this apparent race in the Usume or horse wiki, but SS was put down after that leg fracture in his previous race, so I think this is for the narrative to redeem her, after all his spirit is now in Horsegirl land.
Feb 7, 2023 8:37 AM

Feb 2022
i'm not crying YOU'RE CRYING
                                                    slice of life anime, my beloved.

2D>>>>>>
Jun 23, 2023 2:02 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
ZERO 1/5's AND 2/5's. DESERVED.

I love how special week and suzuka both state that their upcoming races will be "difficult victories". They're acknowledging that they will be hard, but they still fully intend to win.

Ok not gonna lie, I had some tears actually rolling from this one. Several times up until now I've been close, but this episode actually did it for me.

It mostly had to do with trainer talking with suzuka before the race, as he tells her that he has been lying, and that from the start the doctor had said that she will never be able to race again. But trainer-san believed in her, and didn't tell her. Suzuka seemingly brushes it all off, almost ignoring what he had just said, as if she knew all along or something, and simply says she's going to win her race. To which trainer-san replies not with words of telling her to be careful, but instead with a push telling her to simply go and do what she does best. And silently to himself, as she walks to the racetrack, trainer-san tells her to just have fun, which is all that he asks of her in this race. 

But she doesn't just have fun, but goes ahead to win the race. To which more tears come forth, as everyone cheers for the one who hadn't raced in a whole year. In the tunnel, suzuka comes across her rival in the race, sun visor, who doesn't greet her with congratulations, but with frustration..... but ultimately wishing to race with her again someday. As sun visor walks away, all suzuka's close friends are there to congratulate her....

Except Special Week, who is training herself outside, but can hear the cheers from afar for suzuka. A tear rolls down her face, overjoyed that suzuka has returned, and that they will indeed race with each other one day again.

Say what you will, but this show out of nowhere has succeeded in pressing all my emotional buttons.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 24, 9:52 AM

Aug 2019
they sure kept teasing us with those shoe laces.

is it normal for a non ]japanese horsegirl to enter the japan cup :D?
also she is giant when standing in the row :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

32 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 24, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 12 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

11 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 24, 10:16 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - May 27, 2018

23 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 23, 5:22 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2018

55 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 23, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 13, 2018

45 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 23, 12:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.