Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2017 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm the finale aired today. Just watched it and it felt underwhelming. While I appreciated the characters coming together, I didn't feel like they were worth invest watching to the end.

I will say this though...they've come a long way since the start. It's been awhile since I've seen Wake Up Girls but these girls did improve.

Run Girls, Run!
Dec 25, 2017 11:42 AM
Jul 2018
Looking like episode 12 isn't the last episode, http://www.wakeupgirls3.jp/news/detail.php?id=1057036
Dec 25, 2017 12:04 PM

Mar 2008
Shiraki is a sorry POS. Still trying to screw over Mayu. At least they didn't let it affect them. I love the new name for WUG's understudies, Run Girls! Run. Can't wait for the last episode. I wish this season had a bigger budget. It could have been a lot better.
Dec 25, 2017 12:38 PM

Dec 2014
Didn't really feel like a finale at all and it does look like it wasn't based on the link above.

I'm not sure if Shiraki planted that reporter to cause the media stirrup but if he did then that was a low move.

Run Girls! Run is kinda a weird but charming name much like Wake up Girls. xD
Dec 25, 2017 3:50 PM

Sep 2015
What the fuck happened to the budget????
I just hope it's not the final episode
xSkipiDec 26, 2017 5:12 AM
Dec 25, 2017 3:59 PM

Nov 2007
Adam_Blazar said:
Looking like episode 12 isn't the last episode, http://www.wakeupgirls3.jp/news/detail.php?id=1057036
tsubasaloverDec 25, 2017 5:29 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 25, 2017 4:09 PM
May 2009
I don't think it's the final episode either, the little bit at the end of the episode said Final Episode: "Towards The Light" and this episode was called "What We Can Do"
Dec 25, 2017 4:30 PM
Oct 2016
You know, for a moment i thought that this would be the final episode. But then i remembered that Ep 7 was a recap or such which doesn't count. So there's still one more episode left. Eager to see the finale!

It took time but Run Girls, Run is finally formed. Yay!
Dec 25, 2017 8:23 PM
Nov 2011
xSkipi said:

It's not! The RGR seiyuus said at the end of the episode thhat there's still one episode remaining.
Dec 26, 2017 10:59 AM
Aug 2009
I really hope that they will announce sequel at the end of last episode. I really love the series as a whole but seeing hope much they struggle with the budget for this season... my heart cries.
Dec 26, 2017 12:57 PM
Apr 2012
Mau-Kun said:
xSkipi said:

It's not! The RGR seiyuus said at the end of the episode thhat there's still one episode remaining.

Yeah, the episode counts are out of line due to episode 7 being a recap.
Dec 27, 2017 8:14 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
RUR, Run Girls, Run, sounds catchy but I like it. They can do a spin off with those 3 girls.
That open venue at the old Sendai Airport, i'm curious to see what the girls will come up with. Overall the group has come a long way and they seem more confident now that they found out their charm.

Dec 28, 2017 7:55 PM

Feb 2009
I've always been a WUG fan since it first aired but I'm glad this is almost over. Just let it die already, the real-life WUG don't need a new anime to advertise the group anymore. After this trainwreck, I hope the anime is forgotten and never brought up again.
Dec 29, 2017 2:46 PM
Oct 2016
Deathless said:
I really hope that they will announce sequel at the end of last episode. I really love the series as a whole but seeing hope much they struggle with the budget for this season... my heart cries.

Seeing that they made another (smaller) group, it would feel odd if that didn't happen. But like you said, the struggle with the budget is... yeah.

And yeah, the name still amuses me. Not the bad way, quite the opposite. It fits to them well.
Dec 29, 2017 2:51 PM
Oct 2016
YagamiShinji said:
I've always been a WUG fan since it first aired but I'm glad this is almost over. Just let it die already, the real-life WUG don't need a new anime to advertise the group anymore. After this trainwreck, I hope the anime is forgotten and never brought up again.

Right... I guess you enjoyed this but not too much. Let it die? Nah. I wouldn't mind seeing more of this. Especially since Run Girls, Run was finally formed. More of that.
MrGarlandDec 29, 2017 3:25 PM
Dec 29, 2017 2:56 PM

Feb 2009
Yoshithehero said:
YagamiShinji said:

Right... I guess you enjoyed this but not too much. Let it die? Nah. I wouldn't mind seeing more of this. Especially since Run, Girls, Run was finally formed. More of that.

Then give the series to a more competent studio. Why would you want to see a new anime after this trainwreck? Where basically most of the show were static frames with very little music. This no idol anime at all and a disservice to the work put in the previous season/movies.
Dec 29, 2017 3:24 PM
Oct 2016
YagamiShinji said:
Yoshithehero said:

Right... I guess you enjoyed this but not too much. Let it die? Nah. I wouldn't mind seeing more of this. Especially since Run, Girls, Run was finally formed. More of that.

Then give the series to a more competent studio. Why would you want to see a new anime after this trainwreck? Where basically most of the show were static frames with very little music. This no idol anime at all and a disservice to the work put in the previous season/movies.

I remember reading an article about why this was done by different studio but don't bother to do that now.

Why i want to see more of this? I thought i said already. I also have to mention that while the animation is nowhere as good as it was in the previous one, i'm not bothered by that anymore; i'm used to it.

Finally, can we please stop saying the word trainwreck already? If you don't enjoy it, why bother saying something like that.

Over and out. Hopefully.
Dec 29, 2017 3:48 PM

Feb 2009
Yoshithehero said:
YagamiShinji said:

I remember reading an article about why this was done by different studio but don't bother to do that now.

Why i want to see more of this? I thought i said already. I also have to mention that while the animation is nowhere as good as it was in the previous one, i'm not bothered by that anymore; i'm used to it.

Finally, can we please stop saying the word trainwreck already? If you don't enjoy it, why bother saying something like that.

Over and out. Hopefully.

If you compare to everything that came before that, yeah, it's exactly what a trainwreck should be. Maybe not every anime called one is, but this one certainly is.

Have fun with the scraps, tho. The real fans already jumped ship when this started, so I guess I'm the last one.
Dec 29, 2017 4:01 PM
Oct 2016
YagamiShinji said:
Yoshithehero said:

Over and out. Hopefully.

Have fun with the scraps, tho. The real fans already jumped ship when this started, so I guess I'm the last one.

Oh, i will. But the real fans? Maybe. Maybe some of them dropped it but i'm pretty sure at least decent amount of the fans still are going to finish, like me.
Dec 30, 2017 4:18 AM

Oct 2013
It's a relief to hear that this is not the last ep. I want to see the first performance of Run Girls!, Run! I hope there is a spin-off anime with RGR. It is sad that WUG ended up with shit-tier production on this season. It still has a nice plot and voice and music is good.

I'm glad I stuck with it to the end. I like the saga of WUG.
Dec 30, 2017 10:18 AM

Dec 2008
:( Why I can't mark it as complete?
Dec 30, 2017 1:00 PM

Feb 2013
MAL needs to fix the episode count... 12 is not the last episode... unless it was and the "last" episode is a special/movie/season.

Nice hype buildup. Actually one of the better episodes. I want more now!
The rumors about Mayu lol. She should have seen that coming.
"Run Girls, Run!" lol, just as silly a name as Wake Up, Girls!
Dec 30, 2017 2:30 PM

Oct 2012
Wait, so they are actually doing the new series after this? Run Girls Run? Or does this get OVA 13th ep at least? Or second cour perhaps? The cliffhanger there was just annoying if anything.

- Idol fest?
- vdols?

Anyway, I actually liked what happened in the episode but I honestly hated the execution, pacing and that awful still non-consistent animation. Heck, there were some cases of using their old character designs (which I prefer more but still).

The series was enjoyable I guess but apart from animation the writing felt worse too, pandering too much to current idol shows standards and leaning away from portrayal of real idol business which I like in the first two seasons.

5/10 Mayushi x Shiho acting part of the series was probably the best. The rest of it was plagued by low budget and underused characters (those three girls, I-1 girls, Makina and some other)

Someone please grab them more money and better studio for the next season! Pretty please!

Edit: Wait, so there really is one final tv broadcasted episode coming on January 8th? Well, this better be worth it.
Mich666Dec 30, 2017 2:46 PM
Jan 2, 2018 7:30 PM
Aug 2012
Why didn't they name episode 7 as 6.5 as every other anime does when they have to add an episode in the middle for some reason.

The best episodes were the ones with the 3 young girls in it. Though not as good as season 1, I still hope for a season 3.
Jan 2, 2018 7:47 PM

Oct 2008
That's what I like about Mayushi! very courageous on having a serious talk with Shiraki-san!
Damn! 7 + 3 = 10! Wake Up, Girls! with Run Girls, Run!
I knew it! these three mid school girls are quickly advancing!
5/5.

Jan 11, 2018 12:09 PM

Feb 2013
I still enjoyed this, just not as much as the first season (I still need to watch the movies as well). But it was very cute once again, and it was still very enjoyable, lots of growth for each girl, and the addition of the three middle school girls was a nice touch (them performing on the last show was adorable)

7/10
Oct 9, 2018 5:12 PM

Nov 2013
This season could be fantastic but cheap shitty animation ruined it.
May 25, 2019 9:57 PM

Oct 2015
This was a waste of time an anime, boring and bad animation ruled it. I thought they would be successful by now, but damn! they are still a b idol group. If it wasn't Hayasaka they would still be really struggling. I thought by now they would be this independent group that became successful on their own, shout out to Shiho!

The overall animation and voice acting were downgraded, they had these huge heads and they looked and sounded like children. I wished they focused on Run girls Run! performance because it was more interesting than the entire series.

5/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 26, 2019 4:07 AM
Apr 2009
Woah what a coincidence. I just finished the anime right now myself.

Looks like MAL still hasn't updated the episode count...
Jul 10, 2021 3:16 AM

Feb 2020
Well, it was an okay finale.

Overall, not as good as the first season.

SerafosMar 10, 11:30 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wake Up, Girls! Shin Shou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2017

53 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Oct 3, 2023 1:24 PM

» Why isn't episode 13 on MAL?

Rorek - Jul 28, 2021

5 by Cainael »»
Mar 15, 2022 11:59 AM

Poll: » Wake Up, Girls! Shin Shou Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2017

8 by Serafos »»
Jul 10, 2021 2:35 AM

Poll: » Wake Up, Girls! Shin Shou Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2017

8 by Serafos »»
Jul 10, 2021 1:49 AM

Poll: » Wake Up, Girls! Shin Shou Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2017

7 by Serafos »»
Jul 10, 2021 1:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.