Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 16, 2016 6:10 AM
Apr 2014
That end was so stupid... Seriously what was Arslan supposed to do? Just sit around and do nothing instead of trying to reconquer the city and save his father/the king? Obviously that guy is not pleased how Arslan "ruled" in his absence but this was just ridiculous.

Really hope at least the few people who are not really part of the army leave with Arslan... I have doubts that will happen though.
Jul 16, 2016 10:30 AM
Aug 2015
is it going to be dubbed ?
Jul 16, 2016 3:21 PM

Dec 2011
The OST volume is so damn high that I can barely hear the characters.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2016 4:45 PM
Mar 2016
Nanashi said:
That end was so stupid... Seriously what was Arslan supposed to do? Just sit around and do nothing instead of trying to reconquer the city and save his father/the king? Obviously that guy is not pleased how Arslan "ruled" in his absence but this was just ridiculous.

Really hope at least the few people who are not really part of the army leave with Arslan... I have doubts that will happen though.

Arslan Doing nothing? you know about leader role?
leader is who can bring his group move forward especially mental condition
Unity group who came from different place, with different mindset
choose the purpose of their group,
and to save his capital city and save his father and mother? You really watch season 1? what do you think arslan army in saint emmanuel? picnic? he on the way to ecbatana but he must through saint emmanuel
Jul 16, 2016 5:16 PM
Apr 2014
Hamudanu said:
Nanashi said:

Arslan Doing nothing? you know about leader role?
leader is who can bring his group move forward especially mental condition
Unity group who came from different place, with different mindset
choose the purpose of their group,
and to save his capital city and save his father and mother? You really watch season 1? what do you think arslan army in saint emmanuel? picnic? he on the way to ecbatana but he must through saint emmanuel

Are you stupid? Or just not able to read? That's exactly what I meant. Obviously he was doing all those things but according to "the king" he was supposed to nothing of that sorts at all.
Jul 18, 2016 7:22 PM

Apr 2015
i hate andragoras. Once again he acts like arslan was a slave or sth. Jeez...
And the worst thing is that i don't know if andragoras will die any time soon
5/5
Jul 19, 2016 1:06 AM

Jan 2013
Good episode, did not expect that ending
Jul 23, 2016 3:55 AM

Jan 2014
HOLY FUCK MY EARS?????
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2016 10:25 PM

Mar 2009
MagicalMahou said:
HOLY FUCK MY EARS?????

Funimation fucked up the audio.
Jul 25, 2016 4:02 AM

Oct 2015
Andragoras III is one mean ass mother something. He is more of a baddie than silver mask.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 25, 2016 9:38 AM

May 2014
Andragoras, andragoras, andragofuckingras, what is your problem man, how can one character ruin a splendid 26 episodes in a mere 20 seconds 😐
Btw why was the ED cut, like nit even halfway, is that what everyone is on about with Funimation.
Jul 26, 2016 1:48 AM

Jun 2008
OK Aslan rushing out was majorly stupid. Narsus plays the all seeing eye and yet if Gleeve didn't appear at that moment Arslan will be dead because Narsus was all like "Just let him go so we can see what his gonna do". That was soooooooo stupid.

Btw it seems someone is happy seeing Gleeve, maybe he actually has a chance.

Holmes15 said:
Andragoras must be threatened by arslan, he probably wasn't expecting arslan to be this charamatcic and influencial in his army when he named him crown prince. It's going to be annoying watching arslan start from zero again and rebuild but at least this time he has grown as a character so it might be a lot quicker than before. Laslty it the sounds this episode was way off, you could barely hear them talking over the freaking blade clashes and music, hope it's not like that again.

Even if his afraid of Aslan taking over(or he just hates seeing him because his not his son), he must realize that those troops fought with Arslan and believed Arlsan was acting to free the capital and the king himself. Therefore now the troops wonder why is the king basically throwing to exile his son that fought for his sake. In their eyes he seems very ungrateful and cruel towards his son.
That of course will not make them happy following him.
His has a very strong presence but he is horrible at understanding subtleties.
Jul 26, 2016 6:00 PM

Jul 2009
The hell! Andragoras is so unfair, "oh you worked so hard, now go find me more soldiers", what an evil b*tch!
Jul 27, 2016 12:51 AM
Apr 2016
Last Season it said that at the age of 15 arslan has the throne. I'm assuming that it will have something to do with Arslan allying with multiple others and taking over when his father falls in battle hopefully. His father must die as he is a CUNT!
Jul 27, 2016 2:24 PM
Aug 2014
I could tell Andragoras was a douche from the first season, and I feel that he's jealous that Arslan managed so much at such a young age; jealousy isn't admirable in anyone, but it's even worse in a ruler. I hope Andragoras gets what he deserves.
Jul 31, 2016 12:27 AM

Feb 2016
Narsus and Arslan are starting to piss me off... They are nothing more than walking sculptures of perfection. BORING!
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Jul 31, 2016 12:32 AM

Feb 2016
robis798 said:
This is probably the most I've been disinterested with this series. Fights, fights and more fights every episode where instead some world building and plot intrigue should come into place. The fights aren't that good visually nor they're interesting: yet again the enemy army was thwarted by Narsus' "ingenius" plan. Gieve's return was so nonchalant you'd think he returned from a grocery store. I just... don't care anymore.

I couldn't agree more, it doesn't make it any better that the 'charisma' of Arslan feels forced throughout the series. If he was a pinch similar to Alexander it would be more believable...

Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Jul 31, 2016 7:43 PM

Jun 2013
I think it would be safe to say that Andragoras is the most hated person in this series or at least in this episode.
臭い-
Aug 8, 2016 1:16 PM

Jan 2011
Well, Arslan only needs Narsus. Jaswant is also not a subject of Pars. Heck, except Daryun, none of his inner circle is a soldier. And the other generals do not matter all that much. Nice to have, but replacable in a world with so many characters of exceptional strength. Also, Kubard has no reason to stay, so at least one general should follow anyways. Some of the others, who knows.

Losing most soldiers is gonna hurt more, but there are enough people itching for a fight somewhere. And there's always the option to simply desert. Whats Andragoras gonna do? Send another part of his army after them to catch them?

So Arslan should just take anyone who wants to follow. His inner circle isn't loyal to the king anyways (except for Daryun), and for the others the fact that they will be branded deserters is not gonna matter, given that they will probably die on the battlefield either way (which thy also would if they stay, so thats not the better option). Or they might actually survive, which probably also means that Arslan pulled it off, otherwise someone will try to kill them, so no Andragoras to call them traitors.

Whats probably gonna happen though is that the whole army stays, all generals including Kubard remain behind too, and for some reasons some of the others will also go away, making Arslan truly start out fresh.

It's possible that it's truly some kind of master plan by Andragoras for Arslan to become stronger, but Arslan has already become a lot stronger, there's no point in throwing away all he achived. He could also simply have left Arslan in charge - that alone would have ment that Arslan had to continue growing into his role of king and that the soldiers, general and the general population see him becoming that king, instead of him suddenly returning and either having to suffer years in the shadow of his father, or to immediately take over, being an unknown person to everyone.
Basically, Hilmes, just with less ALWAYS ANGRY. Either way, a stupid decision.
Aug 22, 2016 3:20 AM

Jul 2014
Andragoras is such a dick....
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Aug 29, 2016 1:45 PM

Mar 2015
What's up with Arslan's dad? What a diq
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 31, 2016 7:48 AM

Sep 2013
ohmygoooooooood

what even is this art lol

Horse animations setting new perspectives on QUALITY
Sep 8, 2016 9:49 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The episode finish around finish the sixth original Ova.
Very interesting episode, with a ends with a suprise, return of the King and order Arslan to recluted 50.000 fighters!!!!!
Sep 11, 2016 6:15 AM

Jul 2013
That strategy of making the enemy kill their own was so vaguely explain. I call asspull.

Arslan's dad is douche.

Sound is fucked. Everything else are so loud but the voices are a whisper.
Sep 12, 2016 8:12 PM

Mar 2015
Cheesy episode. I like this series and the theme/history, but something's gotta give. I mean, I'll still watch it every week now that I am not pushed to binge watch it and can leisurely enjoy it, but I already deal with the predictable and cliche elements of the current few live-action shows with a medieval settings that Arslan Senki is making me sit through another one of those that are turning into a multi-season soap-opera fest. It won't change, though. This show is based on differentiating characters and writing that appeals to the mainstream cliche base.

Onto episode 3.
Sep 25, 2016 1:50 PM

Dec 2008
Arslan has the shittiest father in the world, I swear.
Oct 28, 2016 9:21 PM

Mar 2012
Well shit, just when things were getting back on track for Arslan : /
Oct 31, 2016 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
We analyze the defects before: we start with the battle, confusing in the performance and quite fragmented at various stages. They are not even beautiful, in terms of choreography, the clashes. On the positive side, we have the chapter about the king: somewhere that we have seen previously, it seemed that homesteading at court; instead leave it all in one, not really, daring escape from the city, comes a surprise by Arslan. This is the best part of the episode along with the death of the king of Turan. Perhaps, after all that has happened, I understand why Arslan & companions, we find them with the summer clothes in the ending and beyond; I can not wait to begin the new course of history.
Dec 25, 2016 9:39 AM

Dec 2015
Andragoras actually managed to escape from the capital lol, I thought he would be captured in one way or another.

Noo, now Arslan has to start from zero again.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 12, 2017 8:33 PM

Dec 2012
Gieve is back and returns in style.

lol at Gieve calling out Kubard.

Well, dad is back. Playtime is over. Back to business.

Oh, Arslan and co. caught a lucky break. Dad sends them on an adventure. Playtime starts anew.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 4, 2017 4:36 PM

Aug 2013
Gieve saves the day. Nice to see him back with the gang. I'm starting to see Arslan growth, both as a character and as a leader.

A great battle against Turan. Narsus strategy never fails.

What is Andragoras III thinking? He probably feels threatened by Arslan because of the things he accomplished. Got a feeling he will ruin everything as he hates strategies and prefers to charge straight at the enemy. Now Arslan needs to start from zero. Another adventure with the gang judging from the OP.

Oct 11, 2017 12:10 PM

Apr 2013
whoo! i'm still not sure i even like this guy, but i have to admit - the king is an undeniable badass.
and here we have the Mongol-fantasy division. Or is it perhaps the Huns? i could never really distinguish between them with one glance...
man, the animation is really nothing to write home about.
and heeeere comes CONFLICT!

not that impressive an episode, and it looks we'll be even derived of the conflict that would have risen between son and not-his-father due to their differing policies. *sigh* at least we now know what Arslan was doing on open seas in the OP.
Oct 15, 2017 9:11 AM

Sep 2012
i knew Andragoras III is a asshole sins EP1 with the scene with hes mother

that shows hes char he is no better then the villains i can already see him becoming the mane villain at the end of that story if not sooner, by story i mean the hole thing even parts that arn't animated or written jet

2bad he didn't die
Dec 24, 2017 3:49 AM

Apr 2016
Gieve came and came to know that his mistress is already with another man , lol i laught when he asked "who he is?"
BRAWLERS
Jan 8, 2018 11:18 AM

May 2015
Rosny said:
robis798 said:
This is probably the most I've been disinterested with this series. Fights, fights and more fights every episode where instead some world building and plot intrigue should come into place. The fights aren't that good visually nor they're interesting: yet again the enemy army was thwarted by Narsus' "ingenius" plan. Gieve's return was so nonchalant you'd think he returned from a grocery store. I just... don't care anymore.

I couldn't agree more, it doesn't make it any better that the 'charisma' of Arslan feels forced throughout the series. If he was a pinch similar to Alexander it would be more believable...

100% agree with you both. I just want to finish this series and let my brain forget about it soon.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 30, 2023 1:01 PM

Dec 2020
Letting the prisoner go, I knew it was a ploy going off of narsuses rumor tricks.

As soon as I heard the king was just escaping I knew some nonsense would happen with Arslan getting the boot. The basically exile boot was unexpected. I thought he'd just shove em to the side. I wonder how many will remain loyal to him.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV): Fuujin Ranbu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

122 by Angelo-cunha »»
May 6, 6:05 AM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV): Fuujin Ranbu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2016

68 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 27, 2023 2:59 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV): Fuujin Ranbu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2016

85 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 27, 2023 1:15 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV): Fuujin Ranbu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2016

68 by Muow »»
Jun 1, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV): Fuujin Ranbu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2016

132 by Muow »»
May 30, 2023 12:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.