Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 18, 2016 9:35 AM

Apr 2015
This idol arc is really getting on my nerves, they should have stuck to the comic relief of the first few episodes definitely

How many fucking times are we hearing Ikanai and Yaritakunai...
Jun 19, 2016 6:59 AM

Jul 2009
Machi was brave! I was not expecting she to try. Natsu was so cute saying to gods that he don't want her to leave the village.
Jun 19, 2016 9:40 PM
Apr 2015
when did this thing became about idols and whatnot anyway

i want the casual Kuma Miko back, not the current Machi's Anxiety Adventures ft. forced consent and violence.
Jun 20, 2016 1:34 AM

May 2010
Yoshio is so dense... In the end, he cares about his village's promotion more than his own sister.

Machi, I wanna hug her... I hope she becomes more confident one day, I'm rooting for her
Jun 20, 2016 2:49 AM

Nov 2012
yoshio really deserved that punch, only good scene in this episode
Jun 20, 2016 7:08 AM
Mar 2012
Some interesting character reveals, didn't expect Natsu to admit his deep feelings even tho we the audience had a vague impression already.
Connecting idol to city girl was bit sleazy of Yoshio. But liked the training part, feels like she's making real effort to toward the city girl goal.
Machi's inner turmoil was well done, so painful & embarrassing, that I found it relatable. I know it's a SOL, but hopefully she gets some character growth.
gj Hibiki & Machi, every punch counts.
Jun 24, 2016 12:06 PM

Dec 2012
Her performance was painful to watch, poor Machi
Jun 25, 2016 8:46 PM

Jun 2013
I thought this was a comedy? I think awkward, painfully-embarrassing situations where someone suffers from extreme social anxiety is a source of comedy for others. If someone in real life suffers from social anxiety to that extent then they need to get professional help. That clumsy, cute girl act doesn't work anymore. It died in the 90s.

This series was really good in the beginning but it dropped and became pretty boring, bad and even annoying in the latter episodes.

I don't like Yoshio or Machi. Machi needs to stop acting over-confident and realize she has a serious social anxiety problem, that kind of anxiety is detrimental and will only get worse when she grows older. Yoshio needs to stop being an asshole.
臭い-
Jun 27, 2016 1:46 AM

Mar 2015
Natsu was the one convincing Machi to go be an idol but thoroughly regrets his actions and even wishes for calamity to befall them going to the city.

Yoshio apparently has no ulterior motives but continues to harass and force Machi so far out of her comfort zone that it's awkward and uncomfortable to watch. How much more stupid and clueless can you get than this guy honestly?

Are we still watching a slice of life series??
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 1, 2016 9:02 AM

Feb 2014
lol @ when Machi bumped her head on the microphone xD

Poor Natsu, he's sad without Machi D:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2016 2:03 PM

Apr 2015
Well tbh I expected her to adjust just a little bit but seeing this I guess she won't change at all...
Jul 3, 2016 11:32 AM
Apr 2014
Machi really should stop thinking like thta. It just makes it worse and might actually lead to people really thinking like that xD

Also that damn police guy. Now they have to look for a frightened girl with no sense of direction in that city running around randomly in a damn big city.

I have to say Natsu is cool though. And he was quite cute as cub. Really was waiting for a breakdown of him like that for a while now :D
Jul 16, 2016 8:23 AM

Apr 2011
This isn't really funny anymore. It pains me to see Machi be like that. Yoshio is just making it worse for her. I hate the guy.

Just one more episode and I'm done with this series.
Jul 28, 2016 9:08 PM

May 2012
Oh a two part episode, well this could be interesting! Let's find out what the last episode will have to offer.
Aug 1, 2016 6:06 PM
Oct 2012
I do agree with the poster that this show became Girl meets Anxiety Disorders. This show was pretty cute and funny even with some of the unappropriate stuff early on with Yoshioe pinning down Machi half naked and Priestess/bear story. The thing is they have done nothing to help Machi with her anxiety. Hibiki helped her a bit by making her workout and how to talk properly but she needs a therapist or some kind of medication. Natsu also is an asshole. If u really love someone u would wish the best for them and not be so pitiful.

Yoshio didn't really derserve to get punched this episode he was only checking up Machi but ya he is properly one of the most annoying characters of this season. He is so dense its incredible even for an anime. Well since the manga is still on going this is probably not a real ending. Hopefully Machi eventually moves to the city and gets rid of anxiety because that is the main premise of the show. Her going back to Kumade would just make the whole plot pointless after this season.
Aug 25, 2016 8:16 AM
Dec 2012
Yoshio is denser than Osmium. That bear is bad... But I guess I can understand him. I didn't know Machi's complex was this fkin serious!! Yoshio is going to get internal organ bleeding when he gets older after getting punched so many times in the series. But still, aren't idols over saturated? should have used other methods to revitalize the village. I hope Machi's going to be fine in the last episode, let's see how it turns out~
Sep 9, 2016 11:14 AM

Sep 2014
Oh god that was painful.

Lol natsu's wish is basically "I hope she never has any character development". Not that she did have any to begin with lol
Sep 25, 2016 1:40 PM

Apr 2009
Woah there mr. Bear, you probably shouldn't speak those things out loud..?
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Nov 16, 2016 9:00 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
I cringed so much this episode.

LEGOF said:
This was my favorite show this season. Slowly but surely, however, the show's appeal started to really wear off. Machi isn't as moe, Natsu isn't as lovable... Yoshio went from a "not funny gag joke" to "unbearable character."

Quite disappointed this is how this show turned out. The supposed jokes aren't even funny anymore.

Gonna' have to agree.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Jan 7, 2017 4:48 AM
Dec 2009
Honestly I think Machi should move to the city just to get away from the weird influence of everyone from her town. :/

That said, trying to be an idol is something you should only do if you really want to do it. It's not easy and it's really competitive. Someone who is only half-in is going to have a rough time.
Oct 26, 2018 2:48 PM

Jan 2010
Aidoru plot aside, I kinda wish Natsu came along to Sendai. As a comedy anime, I think Kuma Miko could get away with the "totally a guy in a bear costume" excuse to get Natsu traveling.
Dec 16, 2019 1:53 AM

Aug 2018
Well, I understand that we're having "save village by any means" arc or something.. But still poor Machi.. Why she has to do this, be idol, really, at her age, and having social problems.. I just hope that she won't break, but somehow becomes better.. Though, it's strong treatment for her, maybe too much.. Will see, of course..
Just how oblivious this Yoshio guy has to be to not understand when directly told that she doesn't want to do something.. Man, this Yoshio guy..
That's why Kumai probably doesn't teach Machi too much with electronics as well.. Because he wants that Machi would remain with him.. Well, besides the thing that she can start fire using rice cooker..
Machi has such strong fear of being recognized as village person.. She really needs more technology knowledge, and then reassurance that she indeed can use modern technique.. I hope concert doesn't go too traumatic, though previous things were very traumatic, maybe I can expect troubles for poor Machi again.. ;/ Probably pain to watch awaits..
Yep.. Well.. One episode left.. Let's see, how it ends..
Feb 29, 4:38 PM
Dec 2014
Idol arc sucks, just wanted a lighthearted comedy…
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuma Miko Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

220 by Lolicon »»
May 23, 12:13 AM

Poll: » Kuma Miko Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

55 by HanamiDango »»
Jan 26, 2022 10:43 PM

Poll: » Kuma Miko Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2016

63 by HanamiDango »»
Jan 24, 2022 11:07 PM

Poll: » Kuma Miko Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

92 by HanamiDango »»
Jan 16, 2022 11:59 PM

Poll: » Kuma Miko Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2016

74 by Gendolfas »»
Dec 11, 2019 9:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.