Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 8, 2015 11:41 AM

Dec 2010
This series had a surprisingly great payoff in the end. It might be one of the best endings for an original series in recent memory. Sure there were some reused animation, and I wish it had been just a minute or two longer, but it turned out surprisingly well in the end. I like the fact that Ally's blindness was actually tied to the fact that she didn't want to see the reality of things, and once she got over that she could see again. I never really liked her as a character, but like others have said she looked gorgeous in this episode. Also, the music was fantastic here. It's also nice to finally figure out why the series was called Yatterman Night as well.

Now it comes to giving the series a rating, and it is incredibly difficult. If I judged it by the strength of its first episode, and the last three episodes, it would get a 9 easily. But unfortunately it had 8 other episodes. Some were okay and some weren't all that great. If more time had been spent on building up the central conflict instead of one off episodes, the series would have flowed better and I probably would have purchased it. But that puts me in a difficult situation when it comes to grading the series.

I guess I'll give four episodes a 9, and the rest a 6 for an average of a 7, but for the benefit of the doubt, I will bump it up to a 7.5.

I would love to see more of this world, and it did make me nostalgic for the old Yatterman, even though I've never seen it. So it was a success, and probably won't be one I'll be forgetting for sometime. Hopefully there will be a Yatterman Dawn in the future or something along those lines!
Apr 16, 2015 3:40 AM
Mar 2012
Oops they ran out of budget here, but some awesome zany animations earlier makes up for it. The end was surprising and beautiful, how Ga chan & Ally who opened her eyes became true Yatter, and the trio agree to acts as villain & never see them again.
After the awkwardly edited first episodes, pacing fell into place, and did feel like a classic kid's show which I expected.
Really liked some OSTs & OP/ED too.
Apr 16, 2015 7:36 PM

May 2012
Very Yatterman like ending! Really lovely actually as I quite liked the action and the humor that this show had! Especially that ending was superb with the creation of the new Yatterman creating a better future!

All in all this anime quite surprised me actually with its quality and the way that it still plays in the same universe of the original 1977 series makes it really unique in my opinion and makes me really interested in the original series!

Either way a very good anime i must say!
Apr 18, 2015 3:38 AM

Feb 2008
They didn't sing the Doronbo theme song, I'm disappointed.

So when they announced this show and released promo material, I kinda wanted to avoid it since it looked like one of those "gritty" "grimdark" "edgy" takes. First episode looked better than what I expected, but still wasn't sure. But thankfully soon it turned into Yatterman and into a very enjoyable show. I'm glad they went the funny route, since it gave me many laughs.

Final episode had the inevitable, some say predictable, but it was bound to happen. Gatchan and Ally becoming the new Yatterman was done well, and I liked the scene where they fight Dokurobey while both theme songs were playing. I liked how they used some shots from the opening, but yeah, the Tonzura fight was really sloppy and cheap, but thankfully they'll fix it in the bluray release.

Overall, as a comedy show it was pretty good. Characters were alright with some good development. The story was a bit on the simple side to fit the formula of 70s Tatsunoko, which isn't a bad thing, but not a good either. It could have used a bit more polish on the writing, and it could have been even better. Oh well, it was still the best show of the season, with other good shows ending with disappointment. Still, it succeeded as a comedy and Yatterman show, so 8/10.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 18, 2015 6:47 AM

Nov 2011
Sore point of this episode, is the questionable work done by Tatsunoko that as happened for the Studio Arms, has ruined a narrative that saw the peak of climax on the occasion of the defeat of Dokurobey. Nevertheless, the atmosphere was the right one and involved me in the right way; final that is all there. Drawings and discrete animations, catchy soundtrack; overall this TV series is enjoyable. Rating of 7/10!
Apr 20, 2015 12:19 PM
Jun 2010
wow, this was great
Apr 22, 2015 4:29 PM

Dec 2012
I felt this was rather disappointing... I mean... it felt a little random to me but some of it made sense but... Needless to say, felt very arbitrary or whimsical as to what happens. Characters felt a little weak...
Apr 25, 2015 6:36 PM

Jul 2008
this left me feeling empty
After I Crush Your Dreams......
Your Bones Will Follow......
May 8, 2015 12:54 PM

Oct 2014
Thought that this series was pretty boring tbh. It got better in the later half but damn that finale was really bad imo. Too much re using of scenes...

Final vote will be a weak 6/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2015 3:39 PM

May 2010
Barion-Zara said:
This eps animation was really weird. One moment the sakuga is off the charts insanely eyegasmically amazing and the other they reuse scenes :/
Oh well tbh it still looked nice.

I can't believe nobody else is mentioning this. There was a lot of really damn good animation in this episode, some of the best the series has to offer, very dynamic and full of personality!

Obviously what happened is that they blew their budget on key moments and then reused scenes to make up for it. If I were the average viewer, this gambit would succeed because I'm too busy being wowed by the good shit to care. But I'm not the average viewer, and this gambit failed because way more people care about the reused scenes than the enhanced animation.
“Money can't buy dere”
Jan 15, 2016 11:26 PM

Dec 2012
Glad I'm not the only one to notice the beautiful animation. Anyway, Leo didn't get to do her forehead flick. Sucks. Now Ally...GOT DAMN! If they had planned to end this show on a high note, they definitely did. She was so FINE!!!! Especially that ass shot like I wasn't going to notice. LAWD JESUS! Gatchan, you lucky Fluck. You were really cool.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 23, 2016 3:18 PM

Jun 2013
This show started out with so much promise, but lost momentum in the middle with episodic stories. This web gen type animation also needs to get a lotta better, the show always felt like stringed together animation cuts, missing sync & smoothness. This last ep had nice action pieces tho. 5/10
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
Jul 10, 2017 6:46 PM

Aug 2012
-aw man, they removed the OP from the final episode
-that is a pretty ambitious goal to set for the final episode
-uhhhhhhhhhhhhh did she really just stand up around the bonfire
-*muffled "life will change" in the distance*
-waitwaitwaitwait hold the fuck up since when has there been a skull highlight on the back of Leopard's head
-wait waitwaitwaitwaitwaitWAIT Alouette WASN'T BLIND?
-how poetic that the descendants of dorombo and yatterman have been working together this entire time
-birds of a feather
-also it seems like the skull highlight on Leopard's hair is just wherever the light is shining
-oh it seems like alouette did have trauma-catalyzed blindness or something so I didn't get jebaited into thinking that for the entirety of the show
-T A K E I T O F F
-holy nightmare fuel/jump scare batman
-alright that was a pretty badass entrance
-*"life will change" intensifies*
-why do they shoot blasters at the robots when that literally has never worked before
-oh that's why they removed the OP from this episode, fair enough
-holy stock footage batman
-did they just blow up a residential sector
-i think the montage of the subjects of the other episodes was probably the only good thing about that final fight

Well... that certainly was... something. Like, I'm not entirely sure what team Leopard's objective was in that whole skirmish. Leopard said that they shouldn't be seen working together with the Yattermen, but that's exactly what they fuckin did by wiping out Dokurobey's generals. With the skirmish going the way it did, it makes pretty much no sense for all of that goodbye stuff to happen. That aside, the entire final fight(s) were SUPER disappointing with all the stock footage on the ground level and just the general non-threateningness in the sky. And it wasn't like these things were comedically bad, they were just... bad and underwhelming. Overall the show did have some pretty good moments, but a lot of it was just as lukewarm as this episode, especially in the later episodes. All of the problems I personally had with this show were execution-based. A lot of plot elements were just fine in principle, but the way they were carried out were just... eh.

EDIT: Oh I almost forgot, that romance subplot in episode 8 ended up being completely irrelevant to anything.
ThreePercentJul 10, 2017 6:54 PM
Jan 7, 2019 12:26 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Leopard is super cute, the final twist of the Yatterman bad guy was good, and finally YAAAAA-TAAAA-MANN !!! A bit over the top overall, I like it and it really fits the series honestly but cringy sometimes and bit random, cause they supposed to be poor, yet they keep getting those machines. It's strange but I do enjoy it. I like the 2nd half of the series more since they don't escape so much. GREAT SERIES !!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
May 7, 2019 1:36 AM

May 2009
Can anyone confirm whether they fixed the animations in the blu-ray release?
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Sep 23, 2023 8:21 PM
Mar 2016
FYI Blu ray version has finished animation (instead of the repeated bits) https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/19568
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yoru no Yatterman Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2015

30 by ThreePercent »»
Jul 10, 2017 5:19 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Yatterman Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2015

29 by ThreePercent »»
Jul 10, 2017 4:17 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Yatterman Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2015

35 by ThreePercent »»
Jul 10, 2017 1:21 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Yatterman Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2015

26 by ThreePercent »»
Jul 9, 2017 11:49 AM

Poll: » Yoru no Yatterman Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2015

35 by ThreePercent »»
Jul 7, 2017 8:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.