Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 6, 2014 10:24 AM

May 2014
cyruz said:
I always knew that the Lada Niva was overpowered, hehe.

You and me both... Damn Russians, making their most famous off-road into a cannon.
I know its a multi-purpose vehicle but never imagined they'd take it that far xd
Nov 6, 2014 11:15 AM

Feb 2013
Niva is just a op gun...
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Nov 6, 2014 2:40 PM

Jul 2012
Both Chaika's working together? That was adorable. o wo
Anyways......

So, the island is destroyed (Not really), the prisoners (Only two of them?) are freed, and a new character appears: Niva....Lada?
She's a freaking Gundo! OMG!
LOL! She was transforming and....whoa, that was just cool and unexpected!
And not only was she a Gundo, but instead of normal Magic Circles, they were like purple Magic Diamonds! :O
Yeah, but that was a cool episode, what with all the bloodshed on those Layla's. :3
Nov 6, 2014 5:47 PM

Dec 2012
Damn this show does not disappoint. Convenient plot or not, it is entertaining as hell.

Murderous Fredrica, Emotionless loli, and Red Chaika booty... mmm too good.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Nov 6, 2014 11:41 PM

Oct 2008
all hell breaks loose (a little bit of it) anywayz cool episode.

Nov 7, 2014 3:07 AM

Sep 2014
Oh gad . . .
that conversation
chaika dialect xD . . .
BTW nice episode and nice action scenes there
and that scene with Akari and her brocon LoL . . .
Nov 7, 2014 5:56 AM

Nov 2013
This was awesome! This is how a proper fantasy anime is supposed to be. Cool characters, great fantasy setting. The two Chaikas working together is awesome too.
Nov 7, 2014 6:14 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

The episode was proving effective, but could not exalt me, then at the end, there's fireworks and involvement was 100%!
Unfortunately, the drawings and animations were not the best as on other occasions, during the fighting, I am disappointed a bit.
Promoted with regard to dialogue, Akari is the best if you need to! XD
I look forward to the next episode, the second season I'm liking it much more than before, I hope the end is up.

chakracat said:
Niva is one badass Gundo.

I agree.

renkinotaku said:
Chaika's awesome new gundo! ( ´-ω・)︻┻┳══━一

Sugoi !
Nov 7, 2014 6:38 AM

Sep 2014
Yeah this episode had me going I loved it just hope Chaika finally decides to give up the search for the remains but I don't think that will happen.
Nov 7, 2014 7:11 AM

Dec 2013
Oh god, my heart cannot take any more of the Chaika-ness!
That Chaika conversation was EPIC! The action was stellar, and I love how Akari doesn't give two fucks about anyone other than her brother during the entire show, unless they repay her double that is ;)
Niva morphing into a Gundo... hrm... I sense plot-armor. Why couldn't she morph into a sword or a staff instead? Why specifically a gundo? Does that mean that the White Chaika was always programmed to have the biggest possibility of winning and thus the Emperor made Niva "Just for her"? Why bother having other Chaikas then?

Akari, oh my, I love how she suddenly goes postal on Toru after seeing Niva, and love Chaika's beating monsters with that "Candlestick" XDDDD

Vivi next episode, seems like she's gonna go up against Red Chaika too!
I can't wait! I can't wait!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Nov 7, 2014 7:57 AM

Dec 2011
Dissecting Chaika and Red Chaika, throwing Tooru in the dungeon to serve as Fayla food and Ursula together with Cyril to be dealt with later on... damn...

Awwww, our two lil Chaika's worked together :3

Hmmm... Tooru did more than well on his own to escape XD.

The interactions between the two were priceless.

Awww, Akari and Fredrica did help them in the end :3

ZA SNIPAH didn't work eh...

So Niva Lada is actually a Gundo, that's rather interesting.

Now that was an awesome attack to be honest!

It's a little sad that there are only going to be 10 episodes this season T.T
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Nov 7, 2014 8:12 AM

May 2013
Niva Lada, a gundo, and a pretty strong one too. The two Chaika's working together to escape. Luckily for them, the two demi-humans helped. Akari and Fredrica helped too. Good episode. Full of good action.
Nov 7, 2014 9:15 AM

Mar 2013
It would have been nice to see the two Chaikas work together even after leaving the island.
Nov 7, 2014 10:12 AM

Dec 2011
The annihilator? Well, that's an appropriate name.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 7, 2014 11:01 AM

Mar 2013
Nice Teamwork and cool new gun,
That new girl Niva remind me of Sophie from
Tales of Graces F but sophie is so much better.
Nov 7, 2014 4:36 PM

Aug 2012
Interaction between the 2 chaika was funny.....love the new humanoid gundo <3
Nov 8, 2014 2:35 AM
Oct 2008
Just so you know. Chaika, Niva, Lada - all this are soviet car brands. I was laughing so hard at naming.
Nov 8, 2014 6:56 AM

Jan 2013
WHY THE FUCK ARE CHAIKAS APE-TALKING TO EACH OTHER? WHY? WHY? WHY???????
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Nov 8, 2014 9:19 AM

Aug 2013
L-Ryoshi said:
Niva morphing into a Gundo... hrm... I sense plot-armor. Why couldn't she morph into a sword or a staff instead? Why specifically a gundo? Does that mean that the White Chaika was always programmed to have the biggest possibility of winning and thus the Emperor made Niva "Just for her"? Why bother having other Chaikas then?

I suspect it's because it was the Gundo-wielding Chaika's blood that initialized her. If the Red Chaika (or any other had booted her up, then she'd probably turn into an epic OP version of her weapon. But of course, our Chaika is the main Chaika of the series, so it wouldn't make sense for a different Chaika to get Niva.

I suppose that makes Chaika a walking WMD though!

I wonder what those two demi-humans plan to accomplish by staying behind. Repopulate the island? I kind of wish they'd joined the team, but their wagon would be getting pretty crowded if they had!
Nov 8, 2014 2:53 PM

Mar 2014
The way the Chaikas interacted this episode was just pure gold. Shocking truth indeed :D
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Nov 8, 2014 4:30 PM

Feb 2013
Above average episode for once. I liked all the action.

Red-Chaika getting back her chain-sword... Nice laser too.
Nov 9, 2014 12:09 AM

Oct 2013
of course her new gundo is also a girl
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Nov 9, 2014 1:27 AM

Sep 2014
I just want to see Akari win Toru's love and affection

screw Chaika
Nov 9, 2014 3:55 AM

Dec 2012
The last 2 episodes' writing quality was not that good. I noticed some plot conveniences here & there, but at least we got more action. I truly hope the ending will not be a rushed ending.
I like anime.
Nov 9, 2014 5:41 AM

Jul 2008
Awesome teamwork right there! I have a feeling Niva needs all the emperor's remains to achieve her full power in order to destroy something so it means she could not be a good person depending on the user who controls her. Emperor Gaz may have planned his death cause Niva need remains from a dead wizard in order to activate and the stronger the remains the deadlier she is, the numbers of Chaika probably exist solely to complete the mission (gathering remains) successfully but only 1 Chaika is needed to use the weapon.

Honestly, to get a new member halfway into the series makes me think there could be a third season :)
Nov 9, 2014 7:37 AM

May 2010
I loved those Chaika conversations lmao.

Thanks for the yuri, loved that finger-licking scene.

I freaking love Akari and her VA, give her more roles damn it!

Ah man, loved that Niva-turning-into-gundo scene! She is freaking badass now! this Chaika x Niva is going to be fearsome.
Nov 9, 2014 8:56 AM

Oct 2014
TragicRomance said:
I loved those Chaika conversations lmao.

Thanks for the yuri, loved that finger-licking scene.

I freaking love Akari and her VA, give her more roles damn it!

Ah man, loved that Niva-turning-into-gundo scene! She is freaking badass now! this Chaika x Niva is going to be fearsome.

Is that all it takes for it to go yuri... yeah maybe being a defenceless kuudere twin-tail that you can pounce on at any minute is stretching my imagination. Also it is more of a nibble, unless I miss the tongue and saliva.

Anyway Chaika got a gundo upgrade yayyyy.
My life is boring cause I'm boring
If you're not at school what can you do, you stare at a screen of bright pixels
Nov 9, 2014 10:06 AM

Mar 2013
look at Fredrica enjoy fighting on 13:50
love her :)
Nov 10, 2014 2:34 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode, everyone managed to escape pretty easilly. That destruction magic is strong now.
Nov 12, 2014 8:41 AM

Jan 2011
they did found the emperor's treasure, a twintail humanoid weapon!
Nov 12, 2014 7:57 PM

Aug 2013
Oh shit, loli is in fact a gundo upgrade. Chaika leveled up!
I would never have believed that Chaika could that much of a mess...

Chaika rules with that blunt object! Knocking out that guard and even finding a way to knock another one in a brawl!

It look like that Hartgen is trying to gather all the Chaika and their Emperor body parts. Of course, that will also attract Vivi, exactly where Gilette is... That chinese cookie, guise, THAT CHINESE COOKIE!!!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 20, 2014 2:35 AM
Nov 2013
Does anyone have any idea on why Akari whacked Fredrica's head to bring her to the ground? Couldn't Fredrica land normally?

And then Fredrica just handed Gundo to Chaika, as if it was ok for someone to whack her head. I'm confused.
Dec 9, 2014 4:50 AM

Nov 2012
Nivaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
That was awesome OoO
Dec 12, 2014 4:57 AM

Mar 2010
Niva Lada the Wave Motion Gun

LGrey said:
Does anyone have any idea on why Akari whacked Fredrica's head to bring her to the ground? Couldn't Fredrica land normally?

And then Fredrica just handed Gundo to Chaika, as if it was ok for someone to whack her head. I'm confused.

Akari whacked one of cloned Dragoon's head, not Frederica's
WhisperBitDec 12, 2014 5:03 AM
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Dec 27, 2014 2:16 AM

Aug 2013
Finally a fighting scene with them teaming up.
Niva is awesome.. never underestimate the power of lolis.
Talking about lolis.. look at Fredrica. She's has the happiest look on her face killing like a boss.
Well I didn't think she'd be a gundo.. that's a shocking truth.
Dec 30, 2014 3:16 PM

May 2012
Hoho what a blast! Nice one Niva! Let's find out what happens next!
Jun 15, 2015 3:06 PM

Nov 2012
The white Chaika so cute :33
Aug 16, 2015 12:45 AM

Jul 2013
It's nice to seem them all fight together side by side. Anyway why did those two demi-humans decided to stay on that island? Aside from them there will be no one there but animals. They must be planning to breed lol!
Sep 9, 2015 3:09 AM

Sep 2007
So the emperor's fortune is a vocaloid with twintails named after a Soviet off-road vehicle. Okay.

LOL ANIME AMIRITE
Dec 11, 2015 7:46 AM

Mar 2015
Wahahahahhaa XD
Broken conversation between both Chaika are fun to listen.

Also when the guard trying to Jail Tooru and not looking at Tooru, guard was the one who jailed, LOL. XD

They formed a large alliance and action was great as well too.

Shocking Truth!! Hatsune Miku was Gundo??? WOW.

Next episode is going to be hype overload. The tournament begins.
Nov 6, 2017 3:52 PM

Sep 2011
Really? A gundo? :'D I mean it was cool, but it was a bit weird... Though I guess she could pretty much turn into any weapon or other forms. The emperor probably meant it for himself (or maybe he still does once he undoubtedly returns).
Feb 20, 2019 5:37 PM

Nov 2017
Mayne, Red Chaika is a bad mother...
Shut your mouth!
But I'm talking 'bout Chaika.
Then we can dig it!

A good amount of violence too, so I ain't complaining
Aug 15, 2021 3:52 PM

Dec 2018
those demihumans seem to be even less effective than stormtroopers
Oct 24, 2021 5:59 PM

May 2020
Both Chaika should be together they are good on it. The resaon White Chaika save Niva Lada is funny. As always the truth is not always good, when they realize that Chaika is just a tools.
Jun 22, 2023 9:01 AM

Jul 2016
"Your defense is weak, Sticky!"
I love Akari so damn much.

Turns out Hatsune Miku's true form is a giant rifle.
Apr 3, 6:29 PM
Aug 2023
The two teams coming together was good, but then separating at the end seemed so pointless. Like as pointless as the two demi-humans staying on the island by themselves with every other creature just dying off because "they don't know how to feed themselves". But then again, I guess the two demi-humans do inherit everything like the base and all, and could take over control of all the other creatures before they die off. That could be a brilliant lowkey way of winning big without drawing attention to it.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2014

302 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 11:49 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2014

70 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2014

91 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 5:56 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2014

80 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2014

86 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 3:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.