Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2014 8:29 AM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
In the era where they use micro-blackhole reaction as power source a hundred years in the past, should'nt they have less bulkier space suits by the present? The Red Snappers space hazard suit looks like eggs, uhmm egg mascots. XP Then there's surfing, 'warping' or 'jumping' to whatever as a means of FTL travel is so common in sci-fi that in this universe they have to use another term for it...surfing! Oh yeah, surfs up dude! XD

There seems to be a planetary alignment in progress or very close to it when that ship arrived on the Sol System, assuming it traveled in direct line to Earth, of course. Anyway the Unified Field Particle Weapon has a very elaborate and sophisticated deployment sequence, including the effect of firing at the micro-
blackhole reactor. Congratulations are in order as Yohko has just created a small nebula between Earth and Mars! >_<

It fits the episode title and plot but the sentimental piano score when Yohko entered and started destroying the ship was weird for me. Ah well, it's just me. 6/10
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 7, 2017 11:02 PM

Dec 2013
bara no ishi... I wish the first two ovas had the same respect towards Rouge.
Rote needs to shut up though.
Jan 7, 2019 1:55 AM

Sep 2018
huh, that was a pleasant surprise, went into it with a bad impression from the fist episode but the other two episodes ended up being pretty good. Looking forward to part 2 now.
Oct 6, 2020 12:03 AM
Oct 2017
That was so much fun!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2:54 AM

Jul 2023
It's a well-executed episode, though I prefer the wackiness of the previous episode.

Yohko is a Mary Sue, but she's a fun character nonetheless. It's not a masterpiece but it's not really bad.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soreyuke! Uchuu Senkan Yamamoto Yohko Episode 2 Discussion

tofei - Jul 5, 2014

5 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 18, 2:52 AM

Poll: » Soreyuke! Uchuu Senkan Yamamoto Yohko Episode 1 Discussion

tofei - Jul 5, 2014

4 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 13, 3:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.