Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 13, 6:57 AM
Oct 2017
I can't stand shoujo/Josei show, they make me bored a lot. I had to drop Fruits Basket, the most popular shoujo I tried to watch, cause was too boring to watch, I couldn't stand it.
This Kusuriya no Hitorigoto on the other side, how shoujo/Josei it is? Because in the anime info I don't see a specific demographic but the artsyle + the reverse harem cast really smell of shoujo/josei show. Unsure if I'm in for a disappointment.
Apr 14, 6:10 PM

Jun 2015
Well, I don't think light novel have a categorization into shounen/shoujo/seinen/josei, but the manga of it is serialized as a seinen.
Also, dunno where you see the reverse harem, but there are way more female characters than male. So it's nothing of a reverse harem.
I liked this show, not as much as the MAL community tho. Just don't expect anything and be gently surprised if it's your alley ^^
Apr 14, 6:28 PM

Feb 2021
Light novels don't really have demographics like manga, so they pretty much are all their own unique style of novels targeted towards young adults.
Apr 14, 7:19 PM

Jan 2013
The art style isn't traditionally shoujo nor is there any reverse harem, just some shoujo-esque themes, female struggles, court ladies, etc.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 15, 3:35 AM

Jun 2020
Most of the show is actually mystery and Maomao doesnt give an f about romance

Apr 15, 3:57 AM

Apr 2012
I could say that historical intrigue etc is considered stereotypically female content in Japan, but at the same time the show spends more time on charismatic and beautiful female characters than any bishonens.
Apr 16, 11:27 PM

May 2018
"shoujo/Josei"

It gives me josei vibes...but I guess OP haven't watched an actually good josei like Nodame Cantabile or Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu to have a reference.

"Fruits Basket"

Fruits Basket is one of the most boring shoujo titles I have stumbled upon...like popularity doesn't always mean actual quality.

"the reverse harem cast"

Is that a reverse harem cast? Not really - tons of beautiful women and only two or three pretty boys.

Anyway the show is about an actual harem: the emperor's one, but the MC is not part of it. She only works there as attendant and has to deal with some court intrigues and murder cases.

More topics from this board

» Does this ever get good? ( 1 2 )

El_Jiro - Jun 13

65 by BetaMaleUltra »»
31 minutes ago

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Softhenic03 - Oct 28, 2023

205 by LotteGiants »»
Jun 13, 2:29 AM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 27

90 by grandy_UiD »»
Jun 13, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Nov 4, 2023

158 by Anshika_Sh »»
Jun 10, 10:36 AM

» What year does apothecary diary takes place?

hercules28 - Apr 12

5 by bryanyuchen »»
Jun 9, 10:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.