Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 16, 12:52 PM

Sep 2016
Nina REALLY needs therapy. YEESH!
Apr 16, 3:21 PM

Nov 2013
this might be my favorite new anime from this season, the 2 main girls are crazy funny, be it from showing their middle finger or from screaming at middle aged man who annoy them
LOL that screaming scene outside and almost killing that guy, just wow HAHAHA

the new girl is a nice person, but obviously too strong agains't someone who is a introvert
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 16, 3:24 PM

Nov 2013
btw, i keep wondering, the title "girls band cry" , is cry = scream or cry = tears? either way, or main girl sure does a lot of both :p
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 16, 5:16 PM

Jun 2020
I like that anime just ignored that she tried kill someone with a lamb
Apr 18, 2:09 PM

Mar 2008
This show is so good. I'm liking it a lot. Sucks its not licensed in english. Praise to any fansubbers putting together decent subs for this show.

Getting some yuri vibes between Momoka and Nina. Very likely just bait, but I'll take it anyways.
Apr 19, 4:41 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Ok, so to sum up what we are expected to believe happened in just one episode: Momoka moved in with Nina temporarily and now they behave "likes besties"; Nina signed up for college while Momoka tried to convince her to form a band considering how she spontaneously wanted to sing in the street last episode; Nina somehow isn't confident anymore in her singing and refuses the offer; Momoka moves out after making a promise with her pinkie; Nina sheds a tear for Momoka and all those memories they made off screen; Nina reunites with Momka and is apprehensive about her new acquaintance Subaru; they go to dinner where Nina can't answer a single question, goes to the bathroom and leaves; Nina immediately regrets it and tries to hit a man in the street with a lamp; Nina is crying on the floor while Subaru and Momoka enter, they bond and form a group...

What the hell is this pacing? You can't just fit all of this into one episode and expect the viewer to suck it in no problem. I let it slide last episode since it was the introduction but there are just no pauses between lines of dialogue. Oh and the sound mixing is not great since in some instances the background chords sound louder than the characters. This is a music centric anime, this kinds of things shouldn't happen.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Apr 21, 2:43 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to razisgosu
This show is so good. I'm liking it a lot. Sucks its not licensed in english. Praise to any fansubbers putting together decent subs for this show.

Getting some yuri vibes between Momoka and Nina. Very likely just bait, but I'll take it anyways.
@razisgosu The very fact of “vibes” does not mean that the authors are trying to bait us or even implied anything. Although, as expected, this was already enough for someone to add the show to "yuri without a tag", lol.
Apr 21, 11:23 AM
Feb 2015
lol the amount of cigs Nina's dad has, he's gonna end up like my dad with only like 3 teeth left because the rest fell out from gum disease
Apr 21, 1:15 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to RobertBobert
@razisgosu The very fact of “vibes” does not mean that the authors are trying to bait us or even implied anything. Although, as expected, this was already enough for someone to add the show to "yuri without a tag", lol.
@RobertBobert I mean I never said it was yuri. I just said that's what I'm seeing. Or more accurately, what I'd like to see.
Apr 21, 1:20 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to razisgosu
@RobertBobert I mean I never said it was yuri. I just said that's what I'm seeing. Or more accurately, what I'd like to see.
@razisgosu I apologize if you misunderstood me. I didn't say you thought it was yuri. I was just in overly smug mode after seeing this show in a stack of supposedly “official yuri without a tag.”
Apr 21, 4:11 PM
Aug 2018

This anime is much better than I imagined. This episode 2 was very good.
When the Toei team works hard they can really do very well, even with a small budget.
Apr 21, 8:05 PM

Jul 2017
Nina is settling into her new life with Momoka, though things are still at the beginning stage for the former, with a rather strict family lifestyle despite coming from a rich family, which is not what she wanted to be. By contrast, this is Momoka's lifestyle that she just wanted to "flip 'em", and Nina has had enough of the constant expectations on her to run away from home. At the very least, both girls now have an amicable relationship.

The band is taking shape by another of Momoka's friends: Subaru Awa on drums, but Nina soon becomes overwhelmed by her social antics tht she gives up trying to make friends with her, knowing that her social game isn't quite up to snuff. Still, everything about her life is quite a dark turn for someone who's inept for just about everything, and Momoka acknowledged that part of her for trying to rant her heart out.

This show is taking on a direction that it's becoming actually good, you don't need a show licensed to fly under the radar like this.
Apr 22, 1:59 AM
Sep 2013
Wow, that restaurant scene had what might be one of the most realistic depictions of depression I've see in anime. Assuming Subaru was looking down on her and getting angry about it, plus the "I won't make friends because I'm the problem. I'm meant to be alone." thing in particular. It's not exactly the sort of behavior people would typically think of when they think of depression, but that's absolutely the way real people with depression think (at least in my experience).
Apr 22, 10:57 AM
Jan 2023
It is REAllY fast and compressed. I suppose it tries to tell a pretty big story in scope, so the overall shape of the story is something that is more hinted at then explicitly said. The gags, the particular details is everything that's left. I feel like I Need to rewatch some parts of it to get them. And I really don't like rewatching.

The saving grace is that I do already understand most of the concepts touched in the story so far because of a personal experience. Nina is a mess, and so am I.
Apr 25, 5:18 AM
Apr 2021
nice contnueation of first episode, more thoughts for my next review ig
May 3, 7:18 PM
草薙直哉zfg

Apr 2022
im so excited dude asjldnik omfg its been so long since ive felt like this with a seasonal i feel like haha
boredboredbored
May 8, 1:29 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
first time I've ever seen background characters as 2d and the main characters as 3d; and it's also the first time I've seen a character cry while 2 others laugh around her

yeah it's... actually pretty good. Gotta love the vibes and the music. Was gonna 3-episode-rule it, but I think 2 episodes is enough; I'll be watching it all.

also I also kind of like that they did this all in CG; because at least when the concert scenes come, it won't be jarring at all as opposed to other similar anime where it shifts from 2d to 3d. and idk, I also like how expressive they've made these characters, when usually that life is lost in 3d anime. I'm still not ONE HUNDRED percent digging the cg, but it's definitely good enough to make me not care and enjoy everything else. And again, in some ways, the cg does actually elevate it a bit.
BetaMaleUltraMay 8, 1:33 AM

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 13, 2:06 PM

Apr 2015
This season I'm Watch 2 Music/CGDCT anime, This and Jellyfish. Both are fun in their own ways and this was a great episode.
May 16, 5:46 AM
Feb 2021
Aghhhh poor Nina, she hates being lonely yet she can't help but push away people, damnation to all who showed her humanity's petty and vicious side, made her afraid of intimacy and kindness.
I'm glad that Momoka (and eventually the band) will show her that life is worth living... she's like a less-comedified Bocchi, I fear for her sake if she doesn't have loved ones to rest her heart on.
May 19, 10:45 AM

Mar 2017
Momoka and Subaru sees and accepts Nina, looking past Nina's outer prickly self, which is why I suppose they were laughing while she cried.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 7 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 17

41 by bluekozzy »»
May 19, 6:33 PM

» What you guys think about the main characters?

negatives - May 3

27 by Rafiikii »»
May 19, 5:16 PM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 6 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 10

33 by hannysharma »»
May 19, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Vote here if you want them all move to the same apartment and living together!

mufarari - May 15

6 by mufarari »»
May 19, 11:19 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 5 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 3

45 by Myetx »»
May 16, 5:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.