Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 6, 8:21 AM

Nov 2011
This second cour/half of the show feels like a reset for Maomao. It was like a test to see her potentail again although I like how easy she's taking in everything. She also looked great in her court outfit, similar to the others by her side.

Not much has changed about the direction of her character but it's interesting to see her character relationship with others. New OP song is alright, although I personally prefer the previous one.
Jan 6, 8:21 AM

May 2020
Though the last opening was good in itself, but the new one isn’t anything lower in standards. Sublime visuals aside, I like how we started with a little look into Jinshi’s character. There’s much to know about him, and we’ll too, in due time. As for Maomao, we know since Jinshi has bought her, she will again make her way into the palace.

That last night before departing did see Maomao saying goodbyes, but then she in a totally “unusual” look and attire when Jinshi came to pick her up could’ve confused anyone lol. I mean you could see Jinshi’s reaction. Dude was literally dumbfounded lol. Still now that she’s working as his personal serving woman in outer court, there’d be plenty of chances to get dumbfounded.

Though this episode was still just Maomao’s walkthrough through the entire new outer court area where she’d be residing now. Still I like how she has yet again caught the eyes of a few women, just because she’s quite “close” and “near” to Jinshi lol. Nothing new but she didn’t have to be that blunt with those ladies lmaoo.

That slap must’ve hurt.
Jan 6, 8:22 AM

Dec 2021
It's nice to see that Maomao can always come back and spend time with her loving family whenever she feels like it.

New cour, so new OP and ED. The OP got shown yesterday, and it's a major downgrade from the last one in terms of both song and visuals (though, for the most part, it's still pretty). And the ED is worse than the last.

Despite being dismissed from the harem, Maomao finds herself returning to the court, having been taken in by Jinshi. Up until the moment of leaving Rokushoukan, she was cherished by the three princesses, Mei Mei and others. Now, she ventures back to the court under her own volition. However, her new workplace isn't the familiar harem; instead, it's Jinshi's residence in the outer court. Maomao is bewildered by the different treatment she receives, but Jinshi instructs her to undergo a test to become a court lady.

Seriously, everyone around Maomao is just so sweet to her. And can we take a moment to appreciate how good she looks in that outfit? Without those freckles, it's like she's a whole different person. I never imagined Jinshi's palace would be this big. As a Maomao, climbing the ranks isn't a bad thing, but the fact that it's all at Jinshi's discretion doesn't feel like a real love story. It's more like he's using his status, and that feeling of discomfort hits you right away. Also that slap felt personal.

Maomao is definitely going to deal with more than just people being jealous of her relationship with Jinshi in this cour.

Jan 6, 8:55 AM

Oct 2017
We are back with the second cour. Maomao back with Jinshi but this time at the outer palace rather than the inner palace. I do hope we get to see her interact with the inner palace characters from time to time though, specially Gyakuyou. Her sisters sure prettied her up when Jinshi came to pick her. It was amusing watching Jinshi getting jealous and shooing away the onlookers. Btw her sisters are sure pretty no matter how many times I see them. Need more of all three of them, Meimei, Pairin and Joku. Kinda funny how Maomao connected the dots but still wondering how high up Jinshi's status goes looking at his place and stuff. Also once again she was getting harrassed for being his favourite but was funny watching her handle the situation coming up with random stuff.

Love the new OP by Uru and the visuals are good too which were shown in an unique way as well.
MegamiRemJan 7, 2:54 AM
Jan 6, 10:38 AM
May 2023
Is it not on crunchyroll?
Jan 6, 10:39 AM
Aug 2022
How, how are all of you watching this ?
Jan 6, 11:04 AM

Feb 2021
The new OP is amazing too! Just as good as the first one imo.. I like the visuals, they are more related to the story than in the first OP. Feels like there was a lot of foreshadowing there.
Feel bad for Maomao's dad. He's gotta be so lonely. She better visit him frequently.
9:27 lol "This is mine!"

I wonder why Jinshi wants Maomao to become a court lady so much. Am I not understanding something?
The ED is nice too. And its title translates to "Love is Medicine". I like how we are delving deeper into Jinshi's character.
Nice set-up episode. Judging by the end and the preview things are gonna go in full gear from next week!
Jan 6, 11:19 AM
Apr 2022
nice akaroi omoshiroi
Jan 6, 11:21 AM

Apr 2010
Moamoa has a new home or at least is brought to one and it seems there is some adapting.
Still a lot of new faces this episode but not much mystery and not much to solve for Moamoa.
The question is what will happen in the future and who was that guy looking at her.
Jan 6, 11:32 AM

Apr 2013
Finally, Suirei, Suiren and Lakan all make their appearance. Next week we're getting Louran as well apparently. The new ending and opening are nice, but I preferred the first opening, both visually and musically, so it'll be missed.
Jan 6, 11:34 AM

Mar 2021
Its so good to see Maomao back at the Palace.
I Like the new OP it's got a real chill vibe to it
Jan 6, 11:38 AM

Jul 2017
The exhausting first Saturday of 2024 continues with so many anime starting and returning with new episodes today, and this is one of the better ones unsurprisingly. Another very good buildup episode as Maomao finds herself in a new situation with her return with Jinshi, now in the outer court under him instead of her previous position in the inner court. Would be an interesting situation for her as now she is having to deal with direct confrontations from the many ladies that are jealous of her closeness with Jinshi to be assigned to him directly as she personally serves him too at his residence. Another ominous little cliffhanger again featured too which looks interesting as to what will take place.

I really like Uru's songs in general and I listen to her stuff beyond songs that were used in anime so I'm happy that she is doing the new opening for this show. The first one is slightly more catchier and stands out more but this is also a very good opening to say the least. In general with the opening and ending, loads of Jinshi is featured more than ever so you can tell with this episode and the OP/ED, that his character will have quite the part in dictating the direction that this cour will go through.
Jan 6, 11:40 AM

Jul 2011
So.... they are making a JJK S2 OP type for the second half OP.

That Suirei lady is already on Maomao.

No surprise Maomao failing the exam. She is a great apothecary/doctor so, of course administration and politics isn't something that she would excel.
Jan 6, 11:40 AM

Jul 2012
A new OP & ED. A new setting and characters awaiting us. Same old Maomao and her love for herbs hehe.
Jan 6, 11:41 AM

Nov 2010
He is finally here, even in the opening as well.
Jan 6, 11:53 AM
Sep 2015
The new opening sequence is insanely good.
Jan 6, 11:54 AM

Feb 2019
New OP! Song will grow on me surely, but the visuals are all so good.

Jealous Jinshi best Jinshi lmao. The look on his face when Maomao was getting all that attention while dressed😂 “go back to your usual freckled face when you’re here”. Bro doesn’t want anyone looking at his girl, better make a move then!

The outer palace has a totally different feel from the inner palace. A more refined and chill vibe since the ladies working there are all well educated. I love how Maomao pisses off the other secretaries just by existing. Her trying to scare off the other ladies by making Jinshi look like a weirdo was awesome. Hate that she took that slap, but she played it off well

Maomao staying up all night messing around with her new poison toys was great. Can’t disturb the neighbours though 😂

Honestly not a lot going on in this episode, but it felt like it had everything that makes us love this story. Jinshi and Maomao stuff, some dynamics of the palace, little bit of lore and comedic moments. Biggest takeaways for me were Jinshi’s insecurities which we see manifest in a joking manner with Maomao, but during the meeting with the emperor we get an insight into how he feels he’s lacking in many areas. A very human moment for a guy who seems like he’s got everything.
Marinate1016Jan 6, 12:17 PM
Jan 6, 11:58 AM

Aug 2022
MAOMAO IS BACK!!!

Back to Maomao's story, it seems like a new job for her. Does that mean Maomao will be with Jinshi more often? if it's true I'm glad.

More and more mysteries await in the future. I can not wait. Glad it has 24 chapters, with a new OP and ED I love it.
RafaBryanJan 6, 12:05 PM
Jan 6, 12:05 PM
Aug 2021
Its good to see maomao restarting her life with a change and a new home. Though I will miss the jade pavilion, gyokuyou sama and her attendants but im looking forward to her new life. Also I hope their are more jinshi × maomao scenes in the future!
Jan 6, 12:06 PM
Aug 2021
zanoodle said:

I couldn't find it elsewhere so I ended up watching on youtube...
Jan 6, 12:16 PM
May 2017
Another excellent episode, customary of the series. Welcome back, Jinshi and Maomao!
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jan 6, 12:18 PM
Aug 2020
another great episode

i really love the ED

start for her new life there???
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 6, 12:57 PM
Nostalgia Addict

Feb 2018
Now that's an OP!

with great visuals this time, not just some dancing moves...

Jan 6, 12:59 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Jinshi brought Maomao back to his house to serve in the Outer Court. Of course we get to see Maomao dolled up again for this occasion. The Outer Court is where government and military officials stay at so it will take awhile for Maomao to get used to the area. Jinshi also gave Maomao the task of studying for the Court Girls exam, but she has difficulty grasping concepts that don't interest her. It doesn't help that Maomao is being harassed by the other Court Girls just because she's a fresh face. It's going to take a while for me to like the new OP, but I like the new ED already.
Jan 6, 1:11 PM
Oct 2016
Maomao returning to the palace after Jinshi came back go buy her out last episode. We do get a bit of recap this episode but after that some new stuff. It was funny seeing Maomao dressed up all pretty and every man admiring her. Jinshi being jealous is so cute, asking her to go back to the freckles and no makeup once they return. Maomao got quite the shock going to a different part of the palace than she was at previously. This section definitely has more medical herbs that Maomao can pick. Working directly at Jinshi house helping as she learns more administrative skills and studies for this court lady exam. Who knew there were such rigorous requirements to be a lady of the palace court. They truly do only want the best of the best to be around there. Maomao running into some sour faces in the court, these ladies not understanding why Jinshi would bring Maomao here. Nothing she hasn't run into before but still annoying to see these spoiled ladies acting vile towards Maomao for simply being there. We got many teases to new characters in this different section of the palace and new mysteries for Maomao to uncover.
Jan 6, 1:17 PM

Jul 2022
TIS TIME TO SOLVE MYSTERIES OF THE OUTER COURT
Jan 6, 1:23 PM

Jan 2021
A bit of a boring episode but the parts of Jinshi seceretly liking Maomao make it worth it. It's a big set up episode. Maomao is already catching the eyes of some prominent people already such as the tall court lady and the old military dude. Looks like next week were going to get our tride and true mystery episode. Surprised Jinshi wanted her to become an office lady. Maomao loves drugs and nature she'd fucking hate paperwork.
Jan 6, 2:15 PM

Aug 2023
Good to see this anime is back after a week break. New OP is quite good and visuals are also good. New ED will take time to grow on me tho. Few new characters are also introduced. Looking forward to see the next Episode as this was a good setup episode.
Jan 6, 2:17 PM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Okay new Environment for shaomao :D
It is getting good.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jan 6, 2:24 PM

May 2019
Wow, Maomao really can look pretty when she is dolled up as her "sisters" said and did. Jinshi was so taken aback that even he blushed a bit and later on it was funny how he wants her to go back to her freckled look so that other guys stop paying attention to her lol.

With Maomao failing her court lady exam I'm guessing she'll do more servant-type duties and I think Jinshi wanted her to be a court lady so that he could work closer with her and probably so that Maomao can gain some status.
Jan 6, 4:13 PM

Apr 2022
well damn, i miss the old opening sigh that one was such a banger. new one is okay but nowhere as good. maomao is back with more work now, i feel bad for laughing at her with eyebags but she looks just like me on an average day lol.
Jan 6, 4:14 PM
Oct 2023
idk I just felt that this episode was kind of boring compared to the previous ones :/ I liked the first few minutes with Maomao and Jinshi but essentially it felt like a lack full episode overall for me. Like as if I was being given information that didn't really matter (obviously I might be wrong and it's important context for the next few episodes)
Jan 6, 4:46 PM

Sep 2016
New OP was pretty good, it shows a lot of subtle details, if they adapt the best moments with their best effort, it will be one of the best anime experience of the last year.
Jan 6, 5:25 PM
Jan 2022
Embient said:
The new OP is amazing too! Just as good as the first one imo.. I like the visuals, they are more related to the story than in the first OP. Feels like there was a lot of foreshadowing there.
Feel bad for Maomao's dad. He's gotta be so lonely. She better visit him frequently.
9:27 lol "This is mine!"

I wonder why Jinshi wants Maomao to become a court lady so much. Am I not understanding something?
The ED is nice too. And its title translates to "Love is Medicine". I like how we are delving deeper into Jinshi's character.
Nice set-up episode. Judging by the end and the preview things are gonna go in full gear from next week!

Absolutely loved Jinshi’s open jealousy in this scene 😂 he’s actually too cute and MaoMao is too oblivious 😂
Jan 6, 5:49 PM

Jul 2017
The 2nd Cour begins here, with the new OST set. Uru's 2nd Cour OP is a good follow-up, and wacci's 2nd Cour ED is not that bad actually. But I pretty much preferred the 1st Cour's OST set, it was perfection.

A lookback into Jinshi and the Emperor's conversation, it really seems that the baby swapping is only part of the story about him, as he forges a new path straight ahead, regardless of what the Emperor has in store for him.

Meimei helping Maomao, as well as Pairin and Joka...they just want her to earn big in the rear palace lols. Jinshi's purchase of Maomao is a cinch, and she spends the night with her dad before going out to the rear palance...looking all dressed for the courtesan part. But Jinshi still wants Maomao to go back to her freckled face to avoid more attention from others as she now works at his place, the outer court. Maomao taking the court lady exam, well, that's a new thing for her.

With the head lady-in-waiting Suiren, she handles all personal things related to Jinshi, though others have come and gone trying to see Jinshi has a perfect man. And her words to him now are more sensitive as she gets limited freedom, and Gaoshun showing her around the military area (which she should avoid at all costs), even the outer court servants get jealous all over her being Jinshi's personal attendant and uses her burnt hand as an excuse to drive them away. Of course, how would Jinshi expect Maomao to pass the court lady exam, because she really isn't suited for that job.

A new life in the outer courts, Maomao's survival will be even harder than the rear palace.
Jan 6, 5:57 PM
Mar 2015
Our gril is back This time at her master's home in the outer palace Our boi really does not like being under the emperor's thumb
Jan 6, 6:02 PM
Mar 2019
More bitchy Women to deal with.
Jan 6, 6:17 PM

Nov 2010
It's often the case that you tend to escape from reality to some hobby or breather, when you have to study or do something you don't like.
Jan 6, 6:44 PM

Dec 2020
damn i love when new season of anime happens with one airing and you get new intro and outro out the BLUE
Jan 6, 7:06 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Kusuriya back at her usual works again. Here she come back to works as a new person trying to make a fortune from the outer court and be as close as possible to Jinshi, which ofc having relatively close relationship with the Emperor himself.

The episode itself unexpectedly on point. Recap did short and effective. While Maomao trying her very hard to adapt her newly home, even already done the fight with those bullies. But kinda failed at her first attempt to adapt with something she didn't interesting for lmao. Poor those three people. Now its their time to trying hard again to think about a way to hide Maomao in other way around, till they managed to return the precious bird back at her cage again in the rear palace.

However, Maomao still a kusuriya after all. The one suspicious man caught off stalking in a very suspicious way as well. Item that needs to be delivered. Time to gets serious again with some mystery case starting from the next episode, perhaps...

Let's see next then!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 6, 7:38 PM
Jan 2024
I was confuse what was going on when the girl dress up all nice
Jan 6, 9:05 PM
Sep 2021
Ohh are we getting a proper antagonist now? My guess is that the whole 2nd part of the season will revolve around him (and I hope it will, he seems to be an intresting character).
Jan 6, 9:06 PM
Apr 2023
Intro is good but the previous one is just dope.
Jan 6, 9:07 PM

Sep 2018
Things got a lot more interesting again, with the "unlocked new area", this outer court district.
Jan 6, 9:37 PM
Mar 2019
Love the new OP. Although her position might have changed, her personality sure hasn't.

“We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories... And those that carry us forward, are dreams.”
― H.G. Wells, The Time Machine

Jan 6, 9:38 PM

Jan 2008
New OP and ED are so much better than the first cour (no offense to anyone). I still wish they would have incorporated more traditional instruments to fit more with the historical setting, like they did during the music-playing scene in the previous episode, but I guess the pop is alright.

Jan 6, 9:46 PM

Mar 2016
The new OP reminded me so much of the ED from the otaku elf.
Jan 6, 9:51 PM
Aug 2014
Reply to SenshadouOtaku
Is it not on crunchyroll?
@CARZOOt it is. Or it was as of 8pm CST
Jan 7, 1:35 AM

Mar 2011
I like the new Opening and Ending themes, but personally I prefer the first one. This episode was a fine start into the second part. Maybe it's due to something I've read regarding the story but it kind of made me less excited for what's the come and the characters. I try to keep an open mind tho. At the same time something about the pacing is still off.

How Maomao handled these other court ladies was funny. However, I feel like she made Jinshi even more popular. He indeed has an unique preference... :D The guy who watched Maomao at the end of the episode is really sus.

I'm excited for the next episode...
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Jan 7, 2:05 AM
May 2020
Reply to zanoodle
@zanoodle I watched it on Netflix
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Does this ever get good? ( 1 2 )

El_Jiro - Jun 13

63 by Hadoken101 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Softhenic03 - Oct 28, 2023

205 by LotteGiants »»
Jun 13, 2:29 AM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 27

90 by grandy_UiD »»
Jun 13, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Nov 4, 2023

158 by Anshika_Sh »»
Jun 10, 10:36 AM

» What year does apothecary diary takes place?

hercules28 - Apr 12

5 by bryanyuchen »»
Jun 9, 10:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.