Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 4, 2023 12:59 AM
Jul 2020
I just saw the first ep but it was really yikes for me when they where babies. And like how the girl character acted and reminded me of happy suger life a show that was pro-pedo. so my quastion is if the whole show is like this ore can i overlook it whould love to hear yalls opinion. have a great daý!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Oct 4, 2023 1:07 AM
Sep 2020
not really. It focused more on the dark side of entertainment industry
Oct 4, 2023 1:09 AM

Jul 2021
No it's a good show without any loli/shota stuff IIRC. I don't know about anything further into the story though as I've yet to read the manga.
Oct 4, 2023 1:11 AM
Sep 2021
the word pedo has lost all of its meaning
Oct 4, 2023 1:11 AM
Mar 2022
ye somehow pedo is kinda normalised in japan and its just this anime but tbh in alot of them there's always certain elements of this for no reason like u can simply chose adults or late teens as your casts but somehow japanese industry loves to pick middle aged kids and add pedo elements to make it funny which I don't think is in any way, but yeah thats my only problem with animes apart from that nah this anime is fine you should give it go, they will age soon so it will be fine ig
Oct 4, 2023 1:12 AM

Mar 2020
they're babies but the show doesn't do anything weird with them, dw this ain't happy sugar life lmao, far from it actually. do keep watching if ur really interested about how things work behind the curtains of the film, idol and theatre industry in the modern era. It's a really well done show.
Oct 4, 2023 1:19 AM
May 2016
reeeeman10 said:
I just saw the first ep but it was really yikes for me when they where babies. And like how the girl character acted and reminded me of happy suger life a show that was pro-pedo. so my quastion is if the whole show is like this ore can i overlook it whould love to hear yalls opinion. have a great daý!

Even that show wasn't pro-pedo.
Lol, did you even watch that? :D
Oct 4, 2023 1:28 AM
Jul 2020
Reply to Ilhan391
not really. It focused more on the dark side of entertainment industry
@Ilhan391 thank you :)
Oct 4, 2023 1:29 AM
Jul 2020
Reply to wizdom224
No it's a good show without any loli/shota stuff IIRC. I don't know about anything further into the story though as I've yet to read the manga.
@wizdom224 thanks you :)
Oct 4, 2023 1:29 AM
Jul 2020
Reply to Saimatsu_Fan
@Saimatsu_Fan care to explaine?
Oct 4, 2023 1:30 AM
Jul 2020
Reply to m0rt14k3
ye somehow pedo is kinda normalised in japan and its just this anime but tbh in alot of them there's always certain elements of this for no reason like u can simply chose adults or late teens as your casts but somehow japanese industry loves to pick middle aged kids and add pedo elements to make it funny which I don't think is in any way, but yeah thats my only problem with animes apart from that nah this anime is fine you should give it go, they will age soon so it will be fine ig
@m0rt14k3 thank you and i agree :)
Oct 4, 2023 1:31 AM
Jul 2020
Reply to josh_exe
they're babies but the show doesn't do anything weird with them, dw this ain't happy sugar life lmao, far from it actually. do keep watching if ur really interested about how things work behind the curtains of the film, idol and theatre industry in the modern era. It's a really well done show.
@josh_exe when the girl wants too suck her moms boobs that was too much for me
Oct 4, 2023 1:36 AM
Jul 2020
Reply to ktg
reeeeman10 said:

Even that show wasn't pro-pedo.
Lol, did you even watch that? :D
@ktg happy suger life was super fucked. the villan in the show was the girls brother who wanted her back. the hero was in love whit a child. and in the end they say that she was the good and the bro was in the wrong. and its tast-less whit the portaily of sexual assault whit the blond guy and how he became a pedo over-nigth cus he was molested by a older women. its super fucking disgusting
Oct 4, 2023 1:56 AM

Mar 2020
reeeeman10 said:

she was neglected by her parents almost her whole life. and it doesn't make it weird when she's underage AND it was just a goofy moment showing how different the babies are in terms of morality, even though they weren't doing anything messed up.
Oct 4, 2023 1:58 AM
Sep 2021

" the main characters reincarnated as babies so i thought it was pedo "
Oct 4, 2023 1:59 AM
Jul 2020
Reply to josh_exe
reeeeman10 said:

she was neglected by her parents almost her whole life. and it doesn't make it weird when she's underage AND it was just a goofy moment showing how different the babies are in terms of morality, even though they weren't doing anything messed up.
@josh_exe okey that was my bad but still its peredatory? even if shes underage if the mom knew she was not a baby and really a girl her age she probs would not let her suck her tits
Oct 4, 2023 2:05 AM
Jul 2020
Reply to Saimatsu_Fan

" the main characters reincarnated as babies so i thought it was pedo "
@Saimatsu_Fan okey that was my bad but still its peredatory? even if shes underage if the mom knew she was not a baby and really a girl her age she probs would not let her suck her tits. yeah calling the show pedo was wrong cus its not should have re-watched it but dont you think its at least weird and wrong for them to do that?
Oct 4, 2023 2:06 AM
Oct 2021
look up the definition of 'pedo' for me will ya
Oct 4, 2023 2:11 AM
Jan 2021
Can we stop normalizing and underming the true horror of pedophilia. Its a horrible crime that should not be used lightly. Anyways if anything its the kids that are creepy not the adults and if you actually get your head out of the gutter you would realise that there wasn't much that was pervy in the show and its more about the dark sides of the entertainment industry and a story about revenge
Oct 4, 2023 2:13 AM
Jul 2020
Reply to TenshiKiwii
look up the definition of 'pedo' for me will ya
@tenshiicosplay yeah my bad but its still was wierd and not okay in my opinion
Oct 4, 2023 2:16 AM
Jun 2022
Saimatsu_Fan said:

for real, wtf is this post
Oct 4, 2023 2:24 AM
Jul 2020
Reply to Threeiece
Can we stop normalizing and underming the true horror of pedophilia. Its a horrible crime that should not be used lightly. Anyways if anything its the kids that are creepy not the adults and if you actually get your head out of the gutter you would realise that there wasn't much that was pervy in the show and its more about the dark sides of the entertainment industry and a story about revenge
@Threeiece normalizing and underming pedophilia was not my intent i should have re-whatched the ep cus i thougt the girl was a grown up. and i whouldent say my head was in the gutter cus even if they are the same age it whould still be wrong? cus they still have the mindes from when they where killed. But i am sorry if you thougt my quastion was normalizing and underming pedophilia that was really not my intent and its a horrble and disgusting act
Oct 4, 2023 2:33 AM
May 2023
reeeeman10 said:

Happy Sugar Life pro pedo? bro wth
Oct 4, 2023 2:42 AM
Jul 2021
reeeeman10 said:
@ktg happy suger life was super fucked. the villan in the show was the girls brother who wanted her back. the hero was in love whit a child. and in the end they say that she was the good and the bro was in the wrong. and its tast-less whit the portaily of sexual assault whit the blond guy and how he became a pedo over-nigth cus he was molested by a older women. its super fucking disgusting

ye dw
there’s none of that in oshi no ko.
I’ve read a lil bit more into the manga as well and there still hasn’t been anything concerning in it. So s2 should be fine as well
Oct 4, 2023 2:43 AM
Jul 2020
Reply to kyo_1
reeeeman10 said:

ye dw
there’s none of that in oshi no ko.
I’ve read a lil bit more into the manga as well and there still hasn’t been anything concerning in it. So s2 should be fine as well
@kyo_1 thank you :)
Oct 4, 2023 2:45 AM
Mar 2023
won't spoil too much but its more sweet home alabama if anything
Oct 4, 2023 2:47 AM
May 2023
Idk but it’s hella mid and overhyped for sure
Oct 4, 2023 2:50 AM
Jul 2020
Reply to spoonlicker3852
won't spoil too much but its more sweet home alabama if anything
@spoonlicker3852 damn haha okey thank you :)
Oct 4, 2023 2:50 AM
Jul 2020
Reply to Issax28
Idk but it’s hella mid and overhyped for sure
@Issax28 thank you :)
Oct 4, 2023 3:02 AM
Oct 2021
reeeeman10 said:

understandable! I'm also quite sceptical of those aspects but the show is good enough to blind that part for me
Oct 4, 2023 3:05 AM
Jul 2020
Reply to TenshiKiwii
reeeeman10 said:

understandable! I'm also quite sceptical of those aspects but the show is good enough to blind that part for me
@tenshiicosplay i see thank you :)
Oct 4, 2023 3:14 AM

Jul 2015
This is why anime should be gatekeeped hard.

Oct 4, 2023 3:35 AM
Jul 2020
Reply to Piromysl
This is why anime should be gatekeeped hard.
@Piromysl idk what you mean by this i have whatched anime most my life i just dont like weird stuff when i whatch anime it that so bad?
Oct 4, 2023 3:54 AM
Jul 2020
Happy Sugar Life showed all the characters as deranged lunatics. The hell you on?

And no, this show ain’t about this shit.
Oct 4, 2023 3:56 AM
May 2016
Reply to reeeeman10
@reeeeman10 Aside from the childish comments, you didn't refute me or proved your point.
Pedophilia is about sexual attraction. The platonic love that the MC had towards the little girl is not sexual attraction, so it's not pedophilia by definition.
Even if I accept that the blonde guy was turned into a pedophile - I'd argue about it actually -, then it still means nothing, because he was portrayed as a bad character.
So it's not a "pro-pedo" show, you just don't know what pedophilia means and you failed to interpret the show.
Oct 4, 2023 4:05 AM

Jul 2015
reeeeman10 said:
@Piromysl idk what you mean by this i have whatched anime most my life i just dont like weird stuff when i whatch anime it that so bad?

If you somehow see a mother breastfeeding her daughter as something "pedo" then it is a projection and you are clearly telling on yourself, because it requires serious mental degradation to see there something like that.
It doesn't make sense even if you apply mental gymnastics used commonly by MT haters, because Sarina was literally twelve at the moment of her death, so she wasn't nowhere near of being an adult.

Oct 4, 2023 4:13 AM
Jul 2020
Reply to ktg
@reeeeman10 Aside from the childish comments, you didn't refute me or proved your point.
Pedophilia is about sexual attraction. The platonic love that the MC had towards the little girl is not sexual attraction, so it's not pedophilia by definition.
Even if I accept that the blonde guy was turned into a pedophile - I'd argue about it actually -, then it still means nothing, because he was portrayed as a bad character.
So it's not a "pro-pedo" show, you just don't know what pedophilia means and you failed to interpret the show.
@ktg well childish i dont think my respones was but also it was a really long time ago i saw it so i migth be in the wrong i cant deny. i still think the show is tast-less and fucked up, the MC in that show while maby it was not platonic (i dont remeber) wasent she still a horribel person that kidnapped a child and manipulated her. And i did not argue that the blond guy was a good character what i argued was that he when he was molested by the older women hes switch to a pedo for me was to quick and fucked up and how its tast-less to make a victem of molestaion a pedo. And still to make the mc a hero in the end was too far for me. But i see your point on how the show was not pro-pedo and i thank you for the respone and while i will not re-see the show i shouent have made claimes when my memory on the show is foggy sorry.
Oct 4, 2023 4:15 AM
Nov 2022
reeeeman10 said:
@josh_exe okey that was my bad but still its peredatory? even if shes underage if the mom knew she was not a baby and really a girl her age she probs would not let her suck her tits

It’s peredatory if you think about it like that. It’s just a story.
Oct 4, 2023 4:21 AM
Jul 2020
Reply to Piromysl
reeeeman10 said:

If you somehow see a mother breastfeeding her daughter as something "pedo" then it is a projection and you are clearly telling on yourself, because it requires serious mental degradation to see there something like that.
It doesn't make sense even if you apply mental gymnastics used commonly by MT haters, because Sarina was literally twelve at the moment of her death, so she wasn't nowhere near of being an adult.
@Piromysl first of wow i dont think its pedo to breast feed the thing was that i thougt she was a at ai age ore older when she died that why i asked a quastion i was wrong my bad. but i still think its fucked up she whould do that. And i dident hate on the show i asked a quastion and idk why you are so mean for
Oct 4, 2023 4:24 AM
Jul 2020
Reply to Buny0058
reeeeman10 said:

It’s peredatory if you think about it like that. It’s just a story.
@RopeBuny true i just wanted to know if the whole show had those moments
Oct 4, 2023 4:59 AM
Jan 2021
reeeeman10 said:
@Threeiece normalizing and underming pedophilia was not my intent i should have re-whatched the ep cus i thougt the girl was a grown up. and i whouldent say my head was in the gutter cus even if they are the same age it whould still be wrong? cus they still have the mindes from when they where killed. But i am sorry if you thougt my quastion was normalizing and underming pedophilia that was really not my intent and its a horrble and disgusting act

Thats fine, it probably wasn't but alot of people on the internet do it and it gets on my nerve, loli's and shota are disgusting tho and I wish more attention were put ont hose series. I said mind in the gutter because I never thought much about sexual nature of the characters outside of the one seen where Ruby does say something (which is quite creepy I must admit). Maybe Im just really unaware of more "inappropriate" actions cause I always forget about them
Oct 4, 2023 5:41 AM
Aug 2021
What exactly is your issue? That you see the characters as babies? Like do you watch boss baby and just go “yikes 😬” the whole time????? What the fuck is this post
Oct 4, 2023 5:45 AM
May 2016
Reply to reeeeman10
@ktg well childish i dont think my respones was but also it was a really long time ago i saw it so i migth be in the wrong i cant deny. i still think the show is tast-less and fucked up, the MC in that show while maby it was not platonic (i dont remeber) wasent she still a horribel person that kidnapped a child and manipulated her. And i did not argue that the blond guy was a good character what i argued was that he when he was molested by the older women hes switch to a pedo for me was to quick and fucked up and how its tast-less to make a victem of molestaion a pedo. And still to make the mc a hero in the end was too far for me. But i see your point on how the show was not pro-pedo and i thank you for the respone and while i will not re-see the show i shouent have made claimes when my memory on the show is foggy sorry.
@reeeeman10 It was fucked up, but that was the point.
As for the blonde guy, that was pretty realistic. Read reports about rape victims. After being raped women could react similarly and turn away from adult men. In the show, I'm not sure he became pedophile. It simply looked like a traumatized person.
The main little girl was portrayed as an angel and these mentally ill people turned towards the angel to save them from this rotten world.
Oct 4, 2023 5:56 AM
Community Mod
+ Manga DB Staff

Feb 2017
Thread locked for breaking the Anime Discussion Guidelines:
5. Please refrain from creating threads which extend beyond the discussion of anime/manga as an entertainment medium to highly-debated and/or sensitive issues liable to incite rule violations (trolling, flaming, abuse).
    This includes but is not limited to:
    • pedophilia, lolicon/shotacon, incest, teenage-adult relationships
In either case, OP's question seems to have been answered :)
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2023

398 by gannoncannon55 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 24, 2023

803 by gannoncannon55 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 17, 2023

872 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MadanielFL - May 12, 2023

260 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 3, 2023

457 by gannoncannon55 »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.