Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 15, 2022 8:28 AM

Jul 2017
I'd thought that Hitori was gonna commence the Ice Bucket Challenge in her bathtub. Simply too cold.

To talk about Kessoku Band's future and get Bocchi to converse through a dice, the social anxiety is too hard for Hitori, despite Ryo being a complete introvert. Interesting to learn that Bocchi isn't a fan of "youthful complex" songs, possibly because she really didn't had that kind of youthful life. But damn, I did not expect that Hitori would be THIS distraught about being outside, and at least for Nijika and Ryo, their first step to earning money starts from their job at Club Starry...which Bocchi just doesn't want to work.

Coincidentally, the club is also where Nijika's sister works at, and it goes without saying that Bocchi needs a lot of guidance, even showing her face. But aside from that, the music is where it's at too, and Bocchi is trying to change little by little. Too bad that she got sick when everything's going fine for her.

Next step: find a vocalist to complete the band!
KANLen09Oct 17, 2022 1:23 PM
Oct 15, 2022 8:28 AM

Jun 2019
another day... another Bocchi adventure. Bocchi's imagination during the meeting was just as wild as always, especially trending on Twitter part. LMAO. Then, trying her best to get sick.

We also got to meet the manager who's Nijika's sister. Bocchi still has to learn how to communicate but she did her best and that feeling of relief at the end was great. I can understand that feeling and Bocchi got sick in the end. These girls are so adorable and I love them so much. Also, got a glimpse of the fourth girl in the end. Nice.
Oct 15, 2022 8:34 AM

Feb 2020
This is really like watching Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu and K-On! again. I love this show.

Bocchi and her expressions are so hilarious.

SerafosOct 15, 2022 1:50 PM
Oct 15, 2022 8:42 AM

Apr 2014
Shitty censored episode.

They censored the bathing scene making bocchi wear her swimsuit during the bath.

After that they also censored her underwear scene, they made her bust much much smaller compared to the manga and gacha game.

What a scummy way, censor the anime while the gacha game has bocchi with her original big bust.

Fck cloverworks or rather Censorworks.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Oct 15, 2022 9:03 AM
Jan 2021
AcceleratorAngel said:
Shitty censored episode.

They censored the bathing scene making bocchi wear her swimsuit during the bath.

After that they also censored her underwear scene, they made her bust much much smaller compared to the manga and gacha game.

What a scummy way, censor the anime while the gacha game has bocchi with her original big bust.

my guy called the MDUD and FGO babylon studio censorworks
Oct 15, 2022 9:28 AM

Apr 2014
AnimadoHAHA said:
AcceleratorAngel said:
Shitty censored episode.

Their recent shows since shadow house season 2 have been getting more and more censored.

Potential chinese influence, as cloverworks shows got rejected more often there last year.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Oct 15, 2022 9:37 AM

Apr 2016
Great, all they need right now is one high spirited red haired singer. I truly wonder where they can find one ... Now, i get that this whole thing is about being a social wood (and music i guess ?), and kinda about getting out of one's shell but, i hope Bocchi's antics won't continue like ... past the next episode.

Like she is socially anxious, yes. But not an alien from mars.
Oct 15, 2022 9:55 AM

Apr 2014
Bocchi was so cute and adorable. Keep fighting Bocchi!!
何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 15, 2022 9:58 AM

Feb 2021
I liked how they used the joke of how no one cares about the bassist lol

Bocchi just started working at a restaurant, lmao this show continues to feel even more relatable each episode.
Oct 15, 2022 10:13 AM

Oct 2017
Bocchi managed to serve a customer, great job girl.
Oct 15, 2022 10:15 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Well that sure will be one thing that she will never forget for sure. Well a game is a great way to take away the tension while allowing the opportunity to bond. Wow though a two hour commute is pretty harsh. Guess the quota must be harder for solo singers. Still her determination is commendable if it was used for something useful. Its nice to have someone that you can trust as the manager. Guess the drink suddenly popping up on the counter with Hitori showing her face is a good first step. Though it may sound small being able to serve a customer without panicking is a large first step for Hitori. Can't wait to see Kita join the band. Overall a fun ep that while doing well to expand upon Nijika and Ryo also did well to provide a nice first step in allowing Hitori to slowly break out of her shell.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2022 10:17 AM

Jul 2022
Oh my god, I can't get enough of Hitori's expressions!

Ryou is still my favorite character so far, Bass 4 life!

Oct 15, 2022 10:23 AM

Jul 2011
Let's do some paraphrasing. "Darn these normies with their normie songs"
-Hitori Gotou

Bocchi getting sick maybe was just stress, which shows how bad is her anxiety.

I hope Bocchi have a guitar solo soon.
Oct 15, 2022 10:24 AM

Sep 2020
I like how they make a bunch of puns of AKG's song like the title of episode 3 which is actually from the song name "Hase Sanz" from Surf Bungaku Kamakura album with japanese title"長谷サンズ" changed to "馳せサンズ", but still pronounced the same.
Every living being is a slave to something.
Askeladd, Vinland Saga.
Oct 15, 2022 10:29 AM

Nov 2016
Nothing of value was lost. This is one of the rare instances in which I don't mind censorship in the slightest, heck, I approve it since "fanservice" wouldn't only add nothing, it would clash with what I'm personally looking for in this series. And I'm confident that majority of watchers share the sentiment.

A part time job as waitress/bar girl that brings me back to Watamote as well. Oh wait, Tomoko didn't end up working as waitress, lmao. Customer service is scary for people with social anxiety, yet it can be an important step towards becoming a better version of yourself. Already trying it out deserves respect and Bocchi did ehm well xD

Great episode again, already took Hitori and her antics to my heart.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 15, 2022 10:32 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lol I felt bad for Bocchi, she's traumatised with her memories and now working is even more hardcore, she preferred to be sick than working but ended up being sick after the work xD Well at least she somewhat managed better to speak and show herself than she thought
Oct 15, 2022 10:39 AM

May 2020
This might be my favorite show of the season. This or the maid one.
Oct 15, 2022 10:40 AM

Dec 2010
Just as I was afraid this show is going to be 90% bocchi 10% rock (at best). Also was a bit hilarious how they put more effort into animating random character motions around a bar than into a concert. Guess I'll give it just one more episode since I had a fair share of generic girls doing stuff shows.
Chipp12Oct 15, 2022 10:44 AM
Oct 15, 2022 10:41 AM
Jan 2021
Dialouge was pretty fast in some of the scenes. Music is good tho
Oct 15, 2022 10:44 AM
Jun 2020
already loving every bits of this anime. Bocchi-chan's monologues and mannerism never fails to make me smile.
Kessoku Band didn't play today but we got other band to play and if someone can tell me what was the name of their song it would be great.

here's a wallpaper for yall

Hiruuu_Oct 15, 2022 10:48 AM
Oct 15, 2022 10:50 AM
Jul 2018
Bocchi and her various hilarious expressions. This is the only show I trully enjoy this season.
Oct 15, 2022 10:51 AM

Dec 2010
Second episode and the animation is still keeping up, wow! The character interactions in this really are the best. But gosh, Bocchi is just so adorable! Shame about the censorship though. I wonder when, and if, we'll see Bocchi's massive Bocchis.
Oct 15, 2022 10:52 AM
Mar 2021
i dont really need fanservice in this kind of show, so im fine.
Oct 15, 2022 10:53 AM

Dec 2018
good episode! i love how nijika was so nice and encouraging of hitori. i really relate to bocchi's sentiment of thinking doing something out of your comfort zone is gonna be HELL and you're gonna DIE but when it's over you think "well...it wasn't that bad" (in most occasions anyways).
Oct 15, 2022 11:11 AM
Apr 2019
Loved the episode. I think this anime is possibly gonna be my favorite of this season, if not this year.
Oct 15, 2022 11:15 AM
Nov 2015
Bocchi-chan is a cross between Kaos-chan from Comic Girls and the other Hitori Bocchi who like finely crushed Natto with rice and I'm all for it.
Oct 15, 2022 11:22 AM

May 2020
God this is some next level of social anxiety lol, if it continues this way then forget 12 episodes will cure her conversing trauma.
Oct 15, 2022 11:24 AM
Jan 2020
I'm crying, this looks legitely too good, they didn't have to put this much effort adapting a 4-koma manga
Oct 15, 2022 11:26 AM
Nov 2018
Very fun and creative visual. Kinda reminds me with Kaguya-sama.
Oct 15, 2022 11:31 AM
Dec 2019
AnimadoHAHA said:
AcceleratorAngel said:
Shitty censored episode.

Well, in fairness sake, fan service in this kind of anime does not really add up to the quality of the show.
In my opinion, censorship in this anime adds up the potential of this series for a much more broader audience because, let's face it, not everybody likes fan service.
Oct 15, 2022 11:32 AM

Jul 2014
Another great episode, this show really has comedy and relatable introversion/social anxiety down to an artform. I wish I had more to say than that, but there's not much more to say than this being a really solid and enjoyable experience so far. And long may that continue to be the case.
Oct 15, 2022 11:53 AM
Dec 2020
Great adaption once again! Funny and relatable. The convenience store on Twitter and court scene make me laugh a lot (the video even goes to global trending w)
Oct 15, 2022 11:57 AM

May 2015
this is very nice, good animation too
Oct 15, 2022 11:58 AM

Jun 2017
Too damn relatable. lol
Oct 15, 2022 11:59 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Step by step, Bocchi will be able to deal with her social anxiety... maybe. In the meantime, it's a treat to see how hard she tries and the conclusions she reaches upon every interaction.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Oct 15, 2022 12:04 PM
Jun 2021
another great great great episode!
Oct 15, 2022 12:05 PM

Mar 2020
The comedy is second to none so far, and the animation is quite unique and pleasing as well. Dare I say it, it could honestly be my favourite show this season, and one of my favourites of the year. It's just such a fun ride. Waiting a week for this is going to be such pain...
Oct 15, 2022 12:08 PM

Mar 2021
Bocchi is just so adorable am so glad she was able to give the customer her drink while looking her in the eyes really loving this show
Oct 15, 2022 12:26 PM

Jul 2017
Good episode again. Some of the anxiety humor was good like the first episode but it felt a bit too forced at times with the amount alongside the boke-tsukkomi routine from time to time between Ryou and Nijika, so I hope it doesn't get too stale after a few episodes. But it was nice to see her push through the day and wanting to hide or fall sick many times, but eventually find herself taking a small step into breaking through her shell by preparing a drink and interacting with a customer, even if awkwardly. The progress might seem minimal and she might still be really uncomfortable and scared of being in public and interacting with others and running away from issues, but she got something positive out of her first work day by the end. She also feels just a little more comfortable with her fellow bandmates too.

Now it's about getting a vocalist from somewhere and figuring out where the band should go from there, but this did a solid job in having the characters get to know each other better in a sit-down considering how quick and chaotic the previous events were. The other two are clearly aware of her anxiety issues but they still want to play with her and have her enjoy the club and the band experience with them so that's nice. The directing as a whole was stellar like the first episode too, pretty impressed so far with this start. Hope the humor doesn't run dry too quickly though, and hope the other elements can come together strongly in this series when it comes to its writing too. Don't wanna see this just be wasted potential by the end, since I already like this a million-times more than something like K-On, which got stale immediately and had annoying characters and dull pacing throughout. The first 2 episodes here felt kind of breezy to get through but I'm still not 100% sold just yet on this being good the whole time.
Oct 15, 2022 1:04 PM

Jan 2021
This episode was really well made.

Bocchi finally managed to give out some words and even gave a orange juice to an customer, due to her social anxiety she has it difficult to speak with people but she is trying her ultimate best and showing it.

The comedy is funny though, they know how to put up a good laugh (imo).

I hope this band will get bigger and bigger, right now they're looking for a vocalist and i think someone will play that role perfectly as seen in the end credits.

looking forward to the next ep.
Oct 15, 2022 1:14 PM
Jun 2015
Hang on there Bocchi :3
Oct 15, 2022 1:29 PM

Jul 2019
AcceleratorAngel said:
AnimadoHAHA said:

Their recent shows since shadow house season 2 have been getting more and more censored.

Potential chinese influence, as cloverworks shows got rejected more often there last year.

Oh yes, blame it on the Chinese. Classic retard take.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Oct 15, 2022 1:30 PM

Jul 2019
j2h600 said:
AnimadoHAHA said:

Well, in fairness sake, fan service in this kind of anime does not really add up to the quality of the show.
In my opinion, censorship in this anime adds up the potential of this series for a much more broader audience because, let's face it, not everybody likes fan service.

Tell that to the horny echhi enthusiasts. They really need a wake up call,

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Oct 15, 2022 1:34 PM

Sep 2020
Very funny and great episode~ Bocchi gave out a drink to the customer in the end, and that's a big step for her.
Oct 15, 2022 1:41 PM

Jan 2021
The ice bath… Bocchi is relatable but not to that extent lol.

People that are complaining about this show for not having fan service like the manga need to wake tf up. My god, it’s sad
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Oct 15, 2022 1:44 PM
Dec 2021
Really. She is a very accurate description of me.
Oct 15, 2022 1:55 PM

May 2015
Cute and enjoyable episode
Oct 15, 2022 2:03 PM
Jan 2022
Good main character
Oct 15, 2022 2:13 PM

Jul 2022
Whew... I felt that anxiety like a mofo.
Oct 15, 2022 2:13 PM

Jan 2008
To catch a cold after she made a step forward. Poor Bocchi.

Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Dec 10, 2022

238 by uc207Pr4f57t9 »»
Jun 1, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Nov 26, 2022

514 by kierancel »»
May 30, 6:35 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Nov 12, 2022

258 by Alrinth »»
May 27, 12:20 PM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 24, 2022

750 by vit »»
May 26, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 17, 2022

269 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 24, 5:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.