Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 28, 2021 9:10 AM

Sep 2019
Now guys, I won't spoil what happened, but from here on you'll start to see past all the kinky nonsense of the earlier volumes and why Mushoku Tensei is so highly praised in LN community. This is where starts to drift apart from all those other shitty isekai titles and shows some real world-building.
Feb 28, 2021 9:11 AM

Jan 2021
I'm now more interested in the names of background figurines that Rudeus made. There are a few of them and by the production standard I would assume they're some famous characters hidden as cameo.
Dec 2020
From what I’ve seen in the trailer, we are about to really get things fucking going, good to see sylphie, and the family along with roxy, the new characters look interesting and THE DRAGON WASNT CGI why aren’t people talking about that? Every anime is crammed full of Cgi and this studio just refuses it during its big shots. Anyways I can’t wait for next week it’s official, I look forward to this a lot more than attack on titan and one last thing, the eris and Rudy scene was very funny, i havent really seen anyone say otherwise so far and i hope people can look past his mental age moving forward because it’s a real watered down discussion at this point
said the lolicon bastard
Jun 2020
I can literally see all the Pedophilia and shitty mc threads coming up.

Either way I got chills at how they executed it, and Orsted looks badass as fuck!
Feb 28, 2021 9:12 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
So it has begun. Now things will get even more interesting.

Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Feb 28, 2021 9:12 AM

Feb 2014
Can't wait for people to throw another debate on this episode xD

But damn, WTF is happening, this episode seriously lived up to its title.
Feb 28, 2021 9:13 AM
Aug 2015
the animation in this ep was crazy good. Now the real story begins.
Nagatsuki Tappei (ReZero): It goes without saying that "Mushoku Tensei" is interesting, but first of all, it's amazing that you were able to depict the life of one character, Rudy. People say that "CLANNAD" is life, but for me, "Mushoku Tensei" is life
Feb 28, 2021 9:14 AM

Sep 2019
Raon said:
Can't wait for people to throw another debate on this episode xD

But damn, WTF is happening, this episode seriously lived up to its title.

Contrary to my own expectations, I don't think this episode with cause some massive overreaction. Partly because they handled cringe moments better than they usually do and in other part because they superimposed a much bigger bomb on top of it.
Feb 28, 2021 9:19 AM
Jun 2020
This episode was fire <3
Feb 28, 2021 9:28 AM

Nov 2019
Anitwt is going to have a field day with that bed scene. But i'm excited to see what this new arc is all about, the set-up was nice, but that cliffhanger though.
Everyone could use some One Piece in their life.
Feb 28, 2021 9:29 AM
Jan 2021
I'm glad they didn't use CGI dragons. The fire dragon's animation was really cool.
Feb 28, 2021 9:29 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The "ecchi" scenes are still as cringe as before, still trying to assault a 12 years old girl, I'm really sick of these scenes xD (
Well apart from that it was pretty good especially with Rudeus' 10 years old birthday celebration, and he's really gonna get his harem at this point.
But the most interesting part was sure that end of episode, seems like the serious part of the show is beginning
Feb 28, 2021 9:31 AM
Jan 2014
man, knowing what's coming make it worse

the prologue has ended, the plot for the whole series has been laid out. man i cant simply enjoyed the fun stuff, im on my toes all the time for the whole episode

sound & visual design is amazing as usual

they prep up for the main side characters as a cameo quite well, not spoilery, just enough to add context for future encounter.
Feb 28, 2021 9:31 AM

Apr 2013
SirTristamSfan said:
Everyone who has watched it,how is the episode ? did they skip anything from novel?

There are few stuiff that got skipped but it's still an amazing episode because the appearance of interesting characters and how it ended.
Feb 28, 2021 9:32 AM
Aug 2020
I honestly expected a bit more from *that* scene, especially with how some people here were hyping it up and predicting that twitter would outrage against it. They're too busy complaining about CGI in Attack on Titan anyway...
Feb 28, 2021 9:33 AM
Jul 2018
I felt so uncomfortable watching this episode.
Feb 28, 2021 9:35 AM

May 2019
FINALLY the plot was kicked forward now.

SoL is going to give space for the rest.
Feb 28, 2021 9:35 AM

Jan 2019
Maybe the show has just desensitised me at this point but I was relieved that the bedroom scene didn't go any further.

Introducing all those new characters out of nowhere with no explanation was certainly a bold choice.

Feb 28, 2021 9:37 AM

Apr 2013
Neji said:
Had to accept that I enjoyed this Episode. I will not discuss cringe moments, but the action setup was great. This is also first time I liked some of the characters on Eris' side. We just need to keep the cringe to minimum, like the moment with Ghislain was funny. I hope the show continues to tuning it down, because the story is overall really good.

This is the worst part for this cour, overall because of that last scene, Rudy perverted scene should decrease because there are more important stuff for him.
Feb 28, 2021 9:39 AM

Oct 2018
That bed scene is going to make a lot of people mad uncomfortable. This show doesn't pull punches..

Feb 28, 2021 9:40 AM
Apr 2016
SirTristamSfan said:
Everyone who has watched it,how is the episode ? did they skip anything from novel?

- They skipped the entire history of the world in this episode as many people suspected they will (though it's true they might mention it later, now you don't really know what a legend Kishirika is)
- They skipped the fact Rudeus sword skills are close to intermediate-tier now (So it's not like Ghislaine didn't teach him anythying) and also that he absolutely didn't make any progress with magic (I think it was in the last episode though)
- They changed the dialogue between Ghislaine and Rudy a bit (the idea of performing the most powerful (and also the only) saint-tier spell gave him Ghislaine for example)
- They skipped the fact Rudes actually used water magic in the LN to make it seem like he is crying when he "found out" they've prepared a party for him
- The conversation between Philip a Rudy was greatly shortened (It's revealed he probably isn't even an actual Sauros' son and a lot of other things)
- Philip said he noticed Rudes was just faking his surprise, tears and basically everything... He didn't really expect much from him (actually nobody did, even Ghislaine) as he's a son of Paul's. But now Philip thinks he could use him to seize the control family - he was also pretty straightforward about it too
- They changed Eris's outfit (she was supposed to wear red negligee)
- They shortened this really important thinfg => Rudy really regretted what had he tried to do and the fact he almost detroyed everything he built to this poin, as for a minute there he forgot himself... They really didnt do that scene a justice
- There were a lot of Roxy POV scenes skipped => They might be in some future episode (I doubt it) but basically she left the perverted prince (who considered an assasination of Rudy, because he wasnted Roxy just for himself) right after the scene and started a journey to Roa
- They ommited a POV of Gal Farion => The Sword God and Ghislaine's teacher (He also noticed the mana pooling on the other side of the world)
- There was no epilogue and no Ghislaine's POV (we probably won't see these things - at least Ghislaine's POV)
- They also kinda didn't mention the fact that one guy who was shown is the man rumored to be the strongest in the world (The most OP, aka the Reinhard of MT)
JanPriFeb 28, 2021 9:43 AM
Feb 28, 2021 9:41 AM
Jan 2014
Storm1988 said:
I honestly expected a bit more from *that* scene, especially with how some people here were hyping it up and predicting that twitter would outrage against it. They're too busy complaining about CGI in Attack on Titan anyway...

because this episode actually explained a bit of why the people around him (including Eris) hasnt been reprimanding Rudy for his perverted behaviour
Rudy's action in last episode is kinda about what Eris and his relationship are right now, him being touchy feely, she punching him, and still no complaint nor did she cry to her parents over it.
Philip's remark at the end of the episode, Lilia's past, Roxy's current situation, there's a relation in all that.
this episode gives more example of how the nobles in that world thinks about sexuality. Especially of the infamous Greyrats.
Philip and his wife thinks sending their daughter to the room of boy is good to secure his cooperation (philip's side), and to make it a fait accompli (Hilda's). And Eris obeyed.
there's a hint of actual consent from Eris in that action alone, and on top of that, the promise of 5 years.
12 is super young in our society, but for them that is closer to 16 in mental maturity, as 15 is the adult age in that world.
Sp12erFeb 28, 2021 9:58 AM
Feb 28, 2021 9:41 AM

Apr 2013
Altter said:
I'm now more interested in the names of background figurines that Rudeus made. There are a few of them and by the production standard I would assume they're some famous characters hidden as cameo.

As for the figurines, they seems to be a character from Guilty Gear. Probably pre-reincarnated Rudy's favorite game.
Feb 28, 2021 9:43 AM

Jun 2014
Ah that scene with Eris.....I literally said "oh brother" out loud and just sat there in amazement while thinking about the controversy that part will cause xD

Anyway, that was a nice little party for Rudy, and things have really started to get crazy with that last scene of the episode. Also, imma need Ghislaine to crush my face with her ass.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 28, 2021 9:44 AM
Jul 2018
JanPri said:
SirTristamSfan said:

- They skipped the entire history of the world in this episode as many people suspected they will (though it's true they might mention it later, now you don't really know what a legend Kishirika is)
- They skipped the fact Rudeus sword skills are close to intermediate-tier now (So it's not like Ghislaine didn't teach him anythying) and also that he absolutely didn't make any progress with magic (I think it was in the last episode though)
- They changed the dialogue between Ghislaine and Rudy a bit (the idea of performing the most powerful (and also the only) saint-tier spell gave him Ghislaine for example)
- They skipped the fact Rudes actually used water magic in the LN to make it seem like he is crying when he "found out" they've prepared a party for him
- The conversation between Philip a Rudy was greatly shortened (It's revealed he probably isn't even an actual Sauros' son and a lot of other things)
- Philip said he noticed Rudes was just faking his surprise, tears and basically everything... He didn't really expect much from him (actually nobody did, even Ghislaine) as he's a son of Paul's. But now Philip thinks he could use him to seize the control family - he was also pretty straightforward about it too
- They shortened this really important thinfg => Rudy really regretted what had he tried to do and the fact he almost detroyed everything he built to this poin, as for a minute there he forgot himself... They really didnt do that scene a justice
- There were a lot of Roxy POV scenes skipped => They might be in some future episode (I doubt it) but basically she left the perverted prince (who considered an assasination of Rudy, because he wasnted Roxy just for himself) right after the scene and started a journey to Roa
- They ommited a POV of Gal Farion => The Sword God and Ghislaine's teacher (He also noticed the mana pooling on the other side of the world)
- There was no epilogue and no Ghislaine's POV (we probably won't see these things - at least Ghislaine's POV)
- They also kinda didn't mention the fact that one guy who was shown is the man rumored to be the strongest in the world (The most OP, aka the Reinhard of MT)

yikes and I thought this episode was fantastic, But are they speedrunning the novel?
Feb 28, 2021 9:46 AM

May 2019
SirTristamSfan said:

yikes and I thought this episode was fantastic, But are they speedrunning the novel?

Nope, not at all, only episode 4 was kinda rushed.

Novels can't be completelly adapted, too much narration and details that would slowpace any TV show. Different medias.

JanPri said:
SirTristamSfan said:

- They skipped the entire history of the world in this episode as many people suspected (though it's true they might mention it later now you don't really know what a legend Kishirika is)

Interesting how most of this was also skipped in the manga.

Manga and Anime adaptations from the Novel are totally unrelated (thankfully, because anime is doing a better job overall), but it remarks that none Novel adaptation to other media can be really FULL.

Otherwise the anime would be too much slow paced and people would complain.

Novels are slow like hell. A single fight scene that we watch in 10 seconds in Anime, can take 2 intire pages from a typical Novel.
Rob7Feb 28, 2021 9:49 AM
Feb 28, 2021 9:47 AM

Apr 2013
JanPri said:
SirTristamSfan said:

You forgot Roxy POV after the events that took in this place.
Feb 28, 2021 9:49 AM

May 2016
I fucking love this studio, these stuff makes you want to support them both physically and on net as well.

Great episode, also loved how Alfarmi or whatever his name was backed out after Ghilain
said her name.
Feb 28, 2021 9:50 AM

Apr 2013
SirTristamSfan said:
JanPri said:

It's inevitable, there's a limit about what the director can adapt at any episode. The facts that's it's still an interesting episode despite many cut contents (as usual) is still something that need to be praised.
Feb 28, 2021 9:51 AM
Sep 2018
If this shows Blu-rays don't sell, then I hope anime viewers go blind on bad CGI. This show is like porn. And I don't mean the ecchi scenes. Otherwise, I really enjoyed this episode. There are always gonna be some details left out, but the amount left out here is negligible and barely noticeable.

Also, it's about time somebody started posting the MT world map. MT has a really well made map and people should know.
Feb 28, 2021 9:52 AM
Jan 2014
JanPri said:
SirTristamSfan said:

-I think they can slip in Rudy's current Sword skills in the next episode right after he met the guy.
-the thing about philip's understanding rudeus is more subdued sure, it feels less in the face, but i think the message does get conveyed esp by how Rudy answer that right on like how an adult would when being asked out of nowhere to join a conspiracy.
-yeah the red dress.... well i guess we know when the red dress is better put to use, right?
-yep the regret. its a bit too simplified, and i do think itd be hard to add in on top of that, I guess the easiest way is to show him being more considerate of Eris in the future is the only way other than some more monologue right on after a Fanservice scene.
the Roxy journey make sense to be put in later episode as the main reason for why she left the prince is indeed to look for Rudy's wellbeing, itd be better for (far future plot development involving the prince as well
-Gal Farion barely contributed directly to Rudy's cause, the other people selected is more relevant
-Ghyslaine POV, i forgot what part is this about. i do remember her mentioning her regret after what came out of this incident, but otherwise...
Feb 28, 2021 9:53 AM
Apr 2016
SirTristamSfan said:
JanPri said:

I wouldn't say speedrunning, but they ommit a lot of things. They actually skipped/shortened a lot of things even from the 1st volume (this episode marks the end of the 2nd volume btw).

One of the best things about the LN is the deep and immerseful world with a lot of small things and details that make it feel real. There's also a fair share of inner dialogue, side stories that expand the world and different POVs. The anime is focused solely on Rudeus, so it's not nearly as good as the LN in my opinion.
It's unfair it has just 23 minutes for an episode and Re:zero 30... It could be way better I think.

But it's not like the story wouldn't be understandable even with most of the world-building gone

Oct 2014
Lamss said:
Physically cringed at Rudeus trying to put the moves on Eris.

10+ years in another world, permission from her father, permission from her mother, 44+ years overall experience and my guy still has 0 game.

Umm, thats kind of the point? He's a loser from his old world that never knew how to communicate with others properly, and he still thinks of the fantasy world as a game styled world, not real like ho wit actually is.

Jan 2016
bruh plz just stop with the weird pedo shit already its really ruining a lot of the experience
"hes too slow i dont know how hot has his processor but i put some death grips on it and its getting loud its getting lit"
Feb 28, 2021 9:54 AM
Aug 2020
JanPri said:
SirTristamSfan said:

This kind of comments should get pinned tbh, i even as a novel reader forgot half of what listed here, it's probably because I read the novel few years ago though, and it's nice to know minor details like these
Feb 28, 2021 9:54 AM

May 2020
ahh finally we can see sylphiette again.. the ending was so damn cool wow it gave me goosebumps, cant wait to see the next episode!!!

Feb 28, 2021 9:59 AM

Sep 2019
Are Sylphiette scenes anime original? I don't recall them from WN.
Feb 28, 2021 10:00 AM
Apr 2016
Angry_onion said:
JanPri said:

You forgot Roxy POV after the events that took in this place.

That's the epilogue
Feb 28, 2021 10:01 AM

Apr 2013
heitoo said:
Are Sylphiette scenes anime original? I don't recall them from WN.

I forgot the WN regarding that volumes 2 whether it exist or not, but I remember it in LN volumes 2.
Feb 28, 2021 10:03 AM
Jan 2014
JanPri said:
SirTristamSfan said:

I wouldn't say speedrunning, but they ommit a lot of things. They actually skipped/shortened a lot of things even from the 1st volume (this episode marks the end of the 2nd volume btw).

One of the best things about the LN is the deep and immerseful world with a lot of small things and details that make it feel real. There's also a fair share of inner dialogue, side stories that expand the world and different POVs. The anime is focused solely on Rudeus, so it's not nearly as good as the LN in my opinion.
It's unfair it has just 23 minutes for an episode and Re:zero 30... It could be way better I think.

But it's not like the story wouldn't be understandable even with most of the world-building gone

and honestly, most of them arent that important (I can attest that the shown controvercial stuff is ACTUALLY important for showing character and relationship growth),
the stuff mentioned here are mostly only spottable by people who recently read the novel and compare them like for like.
I am one of the people that actually read MT on the WN translated version by Baka Tsuki years ago when the translation hasnt even actually ended yet. so my 6+ years old of memory cant even spot any of the cut episode 1-8 have. because on the flipside, whats actually shown is all the most important, memorable stuff. The director did good in pick and choosing what to include.
Feb 28, 2021 10:04 AM

Dec 2016

I wasn't expecting that much to get cut it but at the same time was inevitable. I guess the adaptation is getting the abridged version like the manga but with some of the important details not cut out.
Feb 28, 2021 10:07 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
AsuraDestructor said:
Lamss said:
Physically cringed at Rudeus trying to put the moves on Eris.

10+ years in another world, permission from her father, permission from her mother, 44+ years overall experience and my guy still has 0 game.

Umm, thats kind of the point? He's a loser from his old world that never knew how to communicate with others properly, and he still thinks of the fantasy world as a game styled world, not real like ho wit actually is.

Ye bro, I understand that's the point. I'm just making a joke out of Rudeus for it.
Feb 28, 2021 10:09 AM
Jan 2014
Lamss said:
AsuraDestructor said:

Ye bro, I understand that's the point. I'm just making a joke out of Rudeus for it.

heh heh well at least he just need to wait a couple more years now.... right~?
Feb 28, 2021 10:11 AM
Oct 2018
Good episode. I would have preferred a more ominous built up to the ending instead of more slice of life stuff. Every time Rudeus tries to make a move on anyone it just ends up being awkward af.
Feb 28, 2021 10:14 AM

Jan 2021
Almost Rudeos, 5 more years xd,
I love the new characters
This is going to get very dangerous 0.0
Feb 28, 2021 10:16 AM

Dec 2010
JanPri said:
SirTristamSfan said:

Indeed a lot, but is impossible to include everything into an anime format unless you double the episodes and slow the pace a lot, making the whole esperience too slow and boring. In the end they include all the main scenes with less dialogues or monologues.

Better thing you can do after wathing an anime episode is to read the same point in the novel and so on for every episode.

Btw, you can ask a moderator to pin this in every episode where you can make a whole comparison between novel and anime and list the missing content.
Fn76Feb 28, 2021 10:21 AM
Feb 28, 2021 10:20 AM
Feb 2021
The unnecessary fan service continues to hold this series back. It has so much potential to be great, but unfortunately that stuff brings it down a few points.
Feb 28, 2021 10:22 AM

Nov 2011
When the episode starts off with Rudy examining his fucking Pubic hair you know damn well it is going to be a doozy LOL.

Very info heavy Dump in this episode with an introduction of 4 new characters but let's get the silly shit out of the way first.

We have a warranted two year leap (Which I do enjoy because it just cuts out any nonsense training) and we get to Rudy's 10th birthday. Is no one going to say anything to this Kid that he has a Plastic fucking CAR in his room!!! lol.
We then get Ghyslaine and her ROCK HARD ASS!!! Nice to see how the tail was connected and a GOOD Choice with the Color Black.

The birthday party was nice. Rudy's staff is cool af.
We get to see why Hilda had problems with Rudy but I guess she had grown to love him. Kind of unexpected but whatever.

The Bedroom scene...damn Rudy...I have no words lol.

it was nice to see Paul, Zenith, Lilia, Sylphie and the Kids again.

Also LILIA might be the MVP for this one and I just wanna let everyone know I screamed out "ROXY'S FUCKING UNDERWEAR LOL!"

Roxy knew some shit was going down and the fact that "Rudeus" came out of her mouth.....God we need more ROxy in our lives.

Now onto the real shit. A lot of new characters introduced including a Loli Demon, A Dragon, a Kitsune, and the King in the Sky. We knew shit was going to pop off but damn man seeing Ghyslaine engulfed in the light was something else.

How the fuck you going to end an episode like that though? Like I've seen cliffhangers but GOD DAMN BOY!

10/10 episode I loved it.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 28, 2021 10:25 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
Sp12er said:
Lamss said:

heh heh well at least he just need to wait a couple more years now.... right~?

Yep. Surprisingly, a man with 50 years of knowledge and permission from her family, finally manages to pull the moves on a teenager. What a ladies' man 😂
LezetFeb 28, 2021 12:17 PM
Feb 28, 2021 10:27 AM

Mar 2016
This episode had a similar situation with what episode 6 had, but surprisingly it was handled much better than I expected. Rudy obviously isn't a good person from the get-go and the world itself isn't pure or lighthearted in any way whatsoever. I'm not trying to defend this show, as it's obviously not for everyone, especially for those too easily offended by displays of sexuality and other related things. It again points to the shitty hypocrisy of people trying whatever justification they have to say the show is awful, which I rather not sweat ranting about yet again, as I already did that on my own YouTube stream earlier.
Rudy at least clearly admits he almost crossed the line this time unlike in episode 6 and it goes back to his experience as an anti-social virgin scumbag in his previous life. This is a biographical / autobiographical series that's gonna highlight all the good, bad, ugly, and emotional or epic. Additionally, Eris didn't just stomp off after naturally retaliating in response to Rudy's ill-advised actions, she knows that Rudy made a mistake and does show remorse, so she comes back and accepts his apology. This shows how much she's grown attached to him, even going so far as to try to keep him company on his 10th birthday, due to how public attention to him from the family would raise a lot of eyebrows and the complications that also involve Paul's ties to the nobility as well.

With that out of the way, oh mannn....shit got real to end the episode. That ominous-looking ball of energy in the sky was apparently drawing large amounts of mana and thus causing lots of disturbances on an immense scale, it seems. We are also given more context in regards to the floating castle that's apparently supposed to be a seal. Rudy's group is also attacked due to him being allegedly a catalyst for the transpiring events, which make me wonder: does it partially have to do with the nature of how he was reincarnated, or how others may be reincarnated into this world as well? I dunno for sure, but damn, with how that blast looked, even though I know they'll be okay, I'm still concerned for their well-being, as I've gotten quite emotionally invested in this amazing show, despite the naysayers.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2021

274 by Helzzz »»
Yesterday, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2021

298 by Bruh69XD »»
May 17, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Dec 31, 2020

414 by MRP044 »»
May 13, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

470 by marta_valse »»
May 12, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

230 by marta_valse »»
May 12, 8:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.