Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 8, 2012 4:13 PM
May 22, 2012 8:15 PM

Sep 2011
LOL oh my...
May 29, 2012 2:28 AM
May 2012
That girl is so stupid now i think that light is way more better than he even he has a reason to kill people she continously killed many of police so that they don't enter in the TV station 2nd kira is more childish than 1st one
Aug 1, 2012 6:06 AM

May 2012
Haha lol great episode this anime gets more interesting by the episode :D

Lol the ending was quite funny :p
Aug 7, 2012 6:13 AM

Apr 2012
She's not very bright. That Shinigami should have sacrificed his life for a better girls to be sure.
Sep 16, 2012 4:12 AM

Jan 2012
L's reaction to shinigami existance was amazing lol. In any case, I was hoping that the method to kill a shinigami will be something more realistic. Still, it was a good episode.

Sep 28, 2012 4:26 PM

Nov 2011
Man, the second Kira is sooo stupid T_T. Light probably wins much much easier if it wasn't for her! D=

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Dec 28, 2012 6:31 PM

Jun 2009
Okay at first I thought the ep was not really awesome like others until I saw the story of how to kill a shinigami.
It was really beautiful and sad and it's just like Misa doesn't care!
But anyway what is the point of a shinigami? To kill people?
Apr 21, 2013 9:03 AM

Feb 2013
So Misa didn't really shorten her life span since she got the life span of a death god, therefore, she will still live on for a considerable amount of years even if she got the eyes of a death god.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
May 2, 2013 7:05 AM

Jan 2013
Misu is crazy,she just want to met Light.
It seems that Light is worried about the problems that Misu can bring him by revelaing the truth of the Death Note.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 8, 2013 2:37 AM

Oct 2012
Anitnelav said:
I can so hear Haruhi's voice in Misa.

Lol

ownosourus said:
L's reaction to shinigami existance was amazing lol. In any case, I was hoping that the method to kill a shinigami will be something more realistic. Still, it was a good episode.

L is amazing, he's always awesome XD

DarkShards said:
Man, the second Kira is sooo stupid T_T. Light probably wins much much easier if it wasn't for her! D=

I agree with you, but if Light want to be a god then he mush overcome everything, easy or not :)

moniilove said:
Okay at first I thought the ep was not really awesome like others until I saw the story of how to kill a shinigami.
It was really beautiful and sad and it's just like Misa doesn't care!
But anyway what is the point of a shinigami? To kill people?

Even Ryuk didn't understand why he exist @_@

AivanK said:
Misu is crazy,she just want to met Light.
It seems that Light is worried about the problems that Misu can bring him by revelaing the truth of the Death Note.

Uh,it's Misa?
"Signature removed"
Jul 22, 2013 4:42 PM

Jun 2013
I enjoyed this one and I like where this is going. I'm actually rooting both for L and Light. Both for the hero and the villain. Still weird. But cool.
Aug 7, 2013 4:21 PM

Jul 2012
L's reaction LOOOL

It'd be interesting to have two Kiras team up :D
Aug 18, 2013 7:43 PM

May 2013
does girl kira posses deathgod's eye?
Oct 11, 2013 8:25 PM

Mar 2013
Laughed at L's reaction. It was funny. And Light is slowly being cornered. This is getting interesting :)

Ugh, Misa is annoying.
Nov 22, 2013 3:23 PM

Jul 2013
So Misa can easily live for thousand years even if she took shinigami's eyes... cool. I always forget about that, glad I rewatched.
Dec 7, 2013 6:29 AM

Oct 2011
Ah! I didn't realise that Misa can leave for a very long time because of Jealous' life span getting added to hers. I imagined that'd only prevent her from dying at the time she was supposed to. Very much looking forward to Misa and Light meeting.
Dec 13, 2013 4:24 PM

Jan 2013
Hmm.. Misa.. now I see why she accepted the eyes. She might still have 100 years left. And oh the irony that they are eating in the same place xD.
What bothers me is me thinking on how this will advance. Hmm..
Dec 14, 2013 2:03 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Placeholder post for proper episode discussion thread.
Jan 24, 2014 4:56 PM

Oct 2013
lol shes right dere lol
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Apr 2, 2014 12:38 PM

Jul 2013
A really episode, I loved the love story and that Misa turned out to be the girl, I actually cried, it was touching.
Jun 12, 2014 11:21 AM

Jan 2014
Xinil said:
I don't know how they do it, but they keep making this series more and more interesting.
Man this stuff is amazing, I can't wait for 13.
+1
Jun 21, 2014 2:37 AM
Sep 2013
I don't know what to think. This series is too amazing.
Oct 7, 2014 10:42 AM

Oct 2013
Misa is fucking hot but it occurred to me this episode that she's as dumb as she is beautiful. When I saw she was a model, I was like, "Oh, that explains it." I mean, even if she doesn't care if she's caught herself, she's clearly interested in Light should be able to think far enough ahead to know that kind of announcement is going to make it far easier for him to get caught as well.

That Shinigami story was really deep, though, and the "twist" with Misa being the girl Jealous died for left my mouth agape. First time the series has done that. Beautiful story right there.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 8, 2014 5:47 AM

Nov 2013
Zadion said:
Misa is fucking hot but it occurred to me this episode that she's as dumb as she is beautiful. When I saw she was a model, I was like, "Oh, that explains it." I mean, even if she doesn't care if she's caught herself, she's clearly interested in Light should be able to think far enough ahead to know that kind of announcement is going to make it far easier for him to get caught as well.
She's just beyond retarded.

I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes one of your most hated characters after you finish this..
Dec 12, 2014 2:21 AM

Apr 2013
He was only in the show for barely 60 seconds, and yet I still have fallen for Jealous.

He was so cute, and the story was so sad...
Jan 6, 2015 10:57 PM
Dec 2014
great
Feb 21, 2015 10:48 AM

Nov 2014
Hikaru_Chan said:
Nightmare-Box said:
Misa is so annoying, I want to shoot her brains out.

And I'm confused, did Jealous save Misa or what?

No, Jealous saved some other girl... I think.

Obviously misa is the girl. Did u watch carefully?
YukiPwns00 said:
As much as it was interesting finding out how shinigami can die, it seemed weird that they took up so much time and depth to explain it. I don't think it's as important as they made it out to be.

I dont think death note would waste time on anything thats unuseful. So killing the death god thing would probably come up later in some way...

ownosourus said:

why is it not? Do u think u need some special technique like..."the black flame of death!!!' To kill a shinigami? I think their story is very realistic. A shinigami lives to take away human's lives, not to lengthen it. Jealous saved Misa when she was supposed to die that day, contradicting the job of ashinigami, therefore he died, as simple as that.
Mar 15, 2015 7:51 PM

Dec 2014
Having Jealous' lifespan added to her, it's indeed reasonable she accepted the offer for eyes. But did she actually know that beforehand? Because apparently she is only recently told about Jealous and the story.

Anyway, it reached to the point that it's more than neccesary for Light to find Misa now as I predicted, or he's in trouble now. Here Light witnesses the proverb "A wise enemy is better than a foolish friend" proven to be true.

I must also add that L's reaction to possible existence of Death Gods was damn hilarious and unexpected!
NozdrefMar 15, 2015 8:28 PM

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Apr 20, 2015 8:15 PM

Jul 2011
And there's the convenient plot device - dumb girl who a) reveals some "secrets" to enemy that would NEVER be revealed otherwise, b) forces Light into a difficult situation, and potentially provides c) fanservice.

What are the chances on entering the same cafe, really... looks like finding Misa won't be as hard as it should be. Light will no doubt kill her off eventually because she's too much of a risk. Maybe if it was someone more intelligent, calm, sly or whatnot, but not the current Misa.

Most notable thing is how to kill a shinigami. I have no doubts that L suspects Light - in fact I think he might've lied to Officer Yagami and the rest of them, just to hide the fact. Otherwise would they approve of allowing Light (most probable choice of Kira) onto the team? Also, L is taking an awfully big risk - what if Light were to gain the same powers as Misa and kill him off? He doesn't have any proof that the ability cannot be gained.
Apr 24, 2015 8:41 AM
Nov 2014
That L reaction to shinigami was gold :P

RIP Gelus, Misa = bae.
May 6, 2015 12:11 AM
Dec 2011
first of all misa don't care about anything she just want to meet KIRA .... second misa is clever she knows KIRA wont meet her actually misa knows KIRA wont ever meet her in a normal situation but if KIRA is forced to come then she might have a chance to meet KIRA also even then the chance is very low so that's why misa is telling
" SHINIGAMI INFO" to everyone misa knows that is the biggest secret KIRA has so he has to come out to meet her so ill say misa is stubborn,spoiled also very arrogant and selfish girl . she is the kind "misa will get what misa wants" and ill say misa is full of ego thinking she can get anything she wants because she looks pretty .

L acting that way i think i know what when trough him .. this is just what i think .. sometime after L took the case the time "when L was thinking to meet light and make him join them and getting to know him better when the tennis match was going on "
I think one thing going through L s head was this KIRA has a physicking power to kill people by thinking about THE NAME AND THE FACE of the person and can control victim before the victims death L knows that much but

how did KIRA get a power is he a natural born to it? or something occurred around KIRA to get it ? this is always on L s mind.

and then BAME!!!! L listening to the tape from 2nd KIRA the mention of the "EYES" freaked him to the bone because L's mind and brain is very quick to think at least 30 to 40 steps ahead. L's mind probably went " what ?? eyes?? so then they have special eyes? both of them or only this kira the original one probably have something that relating to the eyes??? that's why fake kira said "i don't think you have the eyes" is that it their power ???, this would make sense ...everything fits but....." when L's mind was going through that

bame the 2nd shock came saying in the tape " we can confirm each others identities by showing our shinigami to each other" L was like "" what!!! shinigami the original KIRA told me (L) about shinigami tooo they exits??? if they do they probably gave these people this power??? is that possible ???? then came the SCREAM!!!!! L freak out because he is a very strait forward logical thinker that's why but even i think and i think L think this tooo

L think deep in his heart how unnatural this case is , this case is abnormal i mean way toooo abnormal L might think the things ...some things happening around this case is beyond rational thinking maybe in hearts of heart L think that there is some power that i just have to grab just one puzzle piece then i can close this case a person who think these things suddenly was said the above i would probably scream like L too!

i think L is the kind of open minded detective that he is willing to believe on SHINIGAMI if he has evidence and eye witnesses or something but L wouldn't buy anything without proper examination simply put if he got the DEATH NOTE he will believe it :3

and about JEALOUS i feel for him but at least he died protecting MISA the one he loved.. but i think his noble sacrifice and love is wasted on MISA because i truly believe misa wasted the valuable life that was given to her even after REM 's warnings MISA is going after an arrogant serial killer what a pathetic life because of MISA's actions she makes JEALOUS's sacrifice meaningless :3 so i feel so sorry for JEALOUS even more now ... :3

L be careful you are going against people with god powers ! but L i know you will win the war and stop these terrible people who abuse powers of god .. i love you L :3
May 23, 2015 12:09 PM

Jul 2014
Another great episode. I actually feel kind of bad about the Shinigami that died.

5/5
Jul 9, 2015 7:04 PM

Apr 2014
If their Shinigami are always behind them wouldn't they be able to see eachother at the restaurant at the end??
---------My Profile------------
Jul 9, 2015 7:05 PM

Dec 2014
IdntHavWings said:
If their Shinigami are always behind them wouldn't they be able to see eachother at the restaurant at the end??

Not sure if I'm understanding this right but... the way I think of it is that you can only see a certain Shinigami by touching the Death Note that belongs to them. You can tell who's a user just by the whole lifespan stuff.
Aug 7, 2015 4:14 PM
Jan 2015
I feel a little dead inside now. I didn't expect the death of a shinigami to come like this.....Did Misa even care? I wonder if that would change her opinion in sacrificing half of her remaining life to obtain the eyes.....

L's reaction to "Shinigami" was pure gold, however. Don't fear the Reaper, dude.

It's kind of weird to know shinigamis aren't the cause of all deaths. What could be the reason behind their power to see the remaining lifespan? Is because they are beings of a superior plan to ours? I wonder if they don't fear that leaving a person live or killing a person will make all humans to die. They will absorb life of the animals or aliens, maybe?
Sep 26, 2015 10:31 AM

Mar 2010
I wonder how much her life expanded and how much she has left after it being cut in half.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 4, 2015 8:44 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
L's reaction was just fantastic XD I laughed so hard.
Really I want to know what is happening now >.<

Nov 6, 2015 11:20 AM

Nov 2014
The story about Jelous in love with Misa was so sweet ;-( Lets see what happens next!
Nov 7, 2015 12:45 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Haruhi Suzumiya has a Death Note! Now she is even closer to becoming a god

5/5
Apr 15, 2016 7:32 PM

Apr 2015
I think Misa's voice doesn't suit her. She sounds too childish imo.

At least L's screaming made my day XD

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Jun 9, 2016 3:43 AM

May 2009
I was so sad when Gelus passed. He could've been an amazing character.

ἡ φύσις οὐδὲν ποιεῖ ἅλματα.

συκεροκυ™

Jun 25, 2016 4:52 PM
Jun 2016
I just joined this forum specifically to ask this question: Why didn't Misa know she was in the same diner as Kira at the end? She has the eyes, so she should have seen Light's fubar lifespan counter-thingy.
Jul 29, 2016 2:57 PM

Jan 2016
just awesome episode. loved this one! Two kira, And the other one almost told everyone how! aaah i though i was gonna die, fucking breathtaking shit! Next!!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Apr 14, 2017 6:10 AM

Sep 2016
You thought Kira's gonna have some helper, but it seemed to be a weakstupid teammate, at least mentally.

I read some comments on Rem's voice sounding like an old woman, but I thought it's sexy. Maybe because I'm not a manga reader so that I have no chance to head canon the voice ahead of time.

It felt like the way to be able to kill a death would be quite important later on. BTW, I don't see why the death fell for Misa, maybe just because of her pretty face?
Sep 30, 2018 5:09 PM

Aug 2014
Does it mean that Ryuk still has his second death note? omoshiroi! totemo omoshiroi!! <evul laughter>

that Misa really is crazy, I was not wrong on that ;d I hope L dies and Misa becomes sex pet for Light ;d too bad that Light is not into girls ;d
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Nov 13, 2018 3:29 PM

Aug 2007
Reading the old comments in this thread is a freaking time capsule. I love it.

Feb 12, 2019 6:59 AM

Dec 2018
This episode revealed many things yet raises many questions:
- Ryuk has 2 deathnote?
- Shinigami King?
- Tricking the Shinigami King?
That's just some of them

I think L hide something from the detective and Light. It's more logical that Light's percentage of being Kira raised drastically, cuz he know so much about stuff like that. And thus L finally decided that Light is Kira

Gelus just need to be quiet and don't write anything in the deathnote if he want to save Misa. Cuz in this universe, human died only when the Shinigami wrote their name on the deathnote.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Feb 21, 2019 3:53 PM

Feb 2019
A bit of a quiet episode, but still fantastic. The relationship between L and Light is getting more and more tense. My only issue is that L immediately believed that Shinigami existed; anybody in today's world would scoff at that idea. L seems ready to accept a unrealistic explanation, which simply wouldn't be accepted in any police force.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Apr 15, 2019 3:04 AM
Apr 2018
L's reaction to Shinigami was totally unexpected. I wonder why he was so scared of hearing that.

Yep, I won't like Misa at all.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Note Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayrhandros - Apr 11, 2007

124 by N_Erwann »»
Yesterday, 12:31 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

itainteazy - Apr 4, 2007

399 by N_Erwann »»
Yesterday, 9:18 AM

» Does anyone find the post time-skip story kind of...bad?

VanVeleca - May 24

41 by Absurdo_N »»
Jun 13, 1:28 PM

» What detectives from other series do you think could solve the Kira case?

TheBlockernator - Jun 5

49 by deg »»
Jun 13, 1:24 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

vearg - May 10, 2009

103 by N_Erwann »»
Jun 13, 9:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.