Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 26, 2013 9:52 AM

Jan 2013
I really hate the new OP/ED.
Jan 26, 2013 9:57 AM

Jan 2013
ohmystars said:
Misa is the most annoying thing ever.

I think she is cute
Jan 27, 2013 12:53 PM

Sep 2009
Misa. Die in a hole that is on fire.

Same to you new opening and ending.
Mar 9, 2013 8:45 AM
Sep 2012
new op is fucking crazy.
Mar 14, 2013 7:20 PM

May 2012
I really like this eye for an eye thing between Light and L... they're like kids!
Mar 18, 2013 9:46 AM

Mar 2013
I want the evil, sadistic Light back :S
Mar 18, 2013 9:48 AM

Mar 2013
Btw, I really don't like the new OP/ED :C

Its not my style :s
Mar 29, 2013 9:24 AM

Mar 2013
I actually really enjoyed this episode and I'm getting used to Misa. I used to

HATE her but she actually acted a bit independent in this episode. L is really

adorable lol Misa kisses his cheek and he's like "I could actually fall for you"

that was actually really sweet.

It ended on a high note, or at least the tone

made it feel that way, which is unusual for this anime but I liked that. I usually

watch shojo animes so to see a mutual agreement of some sort was refreshing.
Apr 9, 2013 5:43 PM

Jan 2012
omg omg omg LOVE the new intro and ending songs!!! I was a bit surprised as I wasn't expecting new songs, I used to skip the old ones. These are ace :D

As for the episode it was slow, but I think it's building to something... I just don't know what. Also really hoping Light gets his Death Note back, it's just not the same without Ryuk.
May 4, 2013 8:05 PM

Jan 2013
Don't like the new opening...i think it just don't have nothing in "common" with this anime.
The L is being soo bored,and Light as always brilliant.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 8, 2013 9:03 PM

Oct 2012
L, OL OP & ED it's a bit strange in my ears, but oh ok
Misa-misa!Misa-misa!

ohmystars said:
Misa is the most cute thing ever.

Fixed! XD

Greeth said:
hate the new OP and ED T>T

Well, everyone tastes is different, don't hate it :(
At least appreciate the artist for making this :D
"Signature removed"
Jul 23, 2013 9:26 AM

Jun 2013
This episode was ok. Light's phone call was awesome though. And now I totally get his condition, he really isn't Kira anymore (for the time being, we'll see if he becomes Kira again). L was weird and funny as usual. Damn, that guy is almost always eating something.
I have no objections against Misa, the only thing that bothers me is that her voice is sometimes just so loud it hurts, especially with headphones. But again, I'm happy for the L-Light-Misa gang. Friendship is beyst. We'll se how long that's gonna last though...
Jul 23, 2013 9:29 AM

Jun 2013
Luis_Burde said:

Yeah. I don't like it either. It's really just too much.
Jul 23, 2013 9:33 AM

Jun 2013
I have a theory: maybe they could solve the Kira problem once and for all if when they learned Kira's present identity, they don't touch the Death Note witch bare hands, they grab it with gloves and then burn it.

And I wonder if the Death Note is still buried. Probably not.
Aug 18, 2013 8:35 PM

Apr 2013
I laughed when Misa said "I cant live without Light." and L says "Yeah it would be pretty dark."

Aug 30, 2013 12:50 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
L and the others watch the meeting, and L fills his cup with sugar cubes. I wonder if L has diabetes or any symptoms. I mean he always eats sweets.

As for the episode, I really hope this whole detective stuff speeds up. It went from Light vs L, then Misa joined, and now a 3rd Kira. BTW, Rem was talking with some guy a couple episodes back, not sure if it was a flash back before Light went to that prison cell because Rem was with some guy who had a Death Note.

Nov 20, 2013 11:02 PM

Aug 2012
LeeTailor said:
Luis_Burde said:

Yeah. I don't like it either. It's really just too much.
Nov 23, 2013 2:12 PM

Jul 2013
I always liked 2nd op and ed more ^^ But the ed is kinda spoilerish

But seriously why people hate Misa? She's really cool.
Dec 14, 2013 4:38 PM

Jan 2013
^Don't read the spoiler above^

I liked the ED clip, the song was appropriate kinda.
I have to say I don't know how this will end with Misa there, it's quite dangerous.
Jan 27, 2014 5:46 AM

Oct 2013
the three of us can be friends forever!

ryuzaki " yay
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Apr 15, 2014 12:27 PM

Jul 2013
I also preferred the old opening and ending.

The Yotsuba stuff is interesting. Who is their Kira though? :/

L might fall for Misa lol. I can't wait to see her on the case.
May 11, 2014 5:39 AM

Dec 2010
The OP change was way out of place, I'd delay it until the current arc is over.

I felt for L. I really hate when in an argument with people I say something that's obviously true and really closes the conversation, but then they continue on insisting with their reason that leads nowhere. I'd have left the investigation just like him :D
Aug 5, 2014 5:02 AM

Jan 2014
The new OP and ED are nothing like I expected them to be. I like them, though ^^
And this episode was pretty interesting, too. (Not as much as some previous ones.)
Sep 12, 2014 7:34 PM

Mar 2014
New music... hm. Meh. As for the episode, I don't know. I like the show, but I definitely think it was better in its earlier stages.
Oct 9, 2014 1:11 AM

Oct 2013
Misa: "We catch Kira! I would never dream about living in a world without Light!"
L: "Yes, that would be dark."

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 20, 2014 2:11 AM

Sep 2014
I'm digging the new OP.

And I'm seriously feeling like I'm watching a completely different anime. I miss Ryuk :/
Mar 16, 2015 1:15 PM
Jan 2015
misa is so foolish
Mar 19, 2015 6:06 PM

Dec 2014
New OP/ED is badass.

It's also impressive Light was able to figure out that much about his own plans while having his memories of his "Kira" self where he set it up is gone. Since episode 17 I am certain his further explaination of second pattern he mentioned in this episode is his plan. But that being said, L was also thinking about possibility of this all along as he confirmed Light's words here, so it's still not going to be easy even if all goes to plan.

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Apr 25, 2015 9:16 AM
Nov 2014
The new ED was the best ED I have ever seen, SO FUCKING AMAZING.

Light was amazing in this episode as always, L too.
May 18, 2015 6:16 AM
Dec 2011
Meritas said:
theberserker said:
L has never annoyed me, i love his personality and really a unique character.

And i agree with L on this episode, sacrifices need to be made to finally get some results.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

Anyway, the new OP annoys me a lot.
vearg said:
L saying I might fall for you to misa. hahahah..

Yeah, I LOLed at this part :D

L is so awesome... he saw through Kira's plan, even after Light erased his memories... he will never stand a ghost of a chance against L, and that's it.

you are so right .. light was cornered had no where to run LIGHT thought erasing my memories and earn L's trust to catch the new kira and then L will be all buddy buddy with him yeah right !! light's plan back fired so much...! L saw right through light's plan like "snap" that . L don't trust light and he never will !

light's behavior "like a different person" work against light. L always knew light is kira he just needed hard evidence and now he have a idea about how this power works. another specification to the power. after all L prisoned light and let him go to know about the power L is getting close :3

light don't have a spec of a chance to win against the mighty L :3

L is like a hawk once he sees his pray he will never let it go ! remember that light :3
May 18, 2015 6:42 AM
Dec 2011
i love the new opening for a one reason and that is that "EPIC fighting move L does" its so magnificent i could re-watch the opening theme over and over again just for that and it shows perfectly light's insanity :3

L is so hot with his solid fighting move's L is fast mentally and physically as well L is perfect :3

i love when L is kicking light "in my head i am going kick him harder again L " did anyone notice L didn't use his had to hit light but only his feat ."L might have thought my hands are too clean and good to hit a rat bastard like light, so ill use my feat instead :3"

there is lot more to L than every body think there is ... everything L do and say has a lot more meaning than just as they are .... also he was very cute he always is but L's cuteness was all over the place which i love :3

finally a kiss that was warm , sweet and genuine the feel i got was probably the same feel L got is that L saying in his mind "too bad your my enemy and you like my enemy if not that we could have been close"

but this doesn't mean L like misa or anything it was just a wishful thought. L hate's light and misa for their horrible crimes but L is a very kind person( look how much L did to save people around him and to give them comfortable life's )

he'd give them a chance to became good if only they would admit what they did
but L knows light well enough that it will never happen . you can get this feeling when L is trying to intimidate light or trying to piss him off , what L actually trying is trying to make light talk :3

well we will see what misa's influence in this company going to achieve :3

L is like a hawk once he sees his pray he will never let it go ! remember that light :3
May 18, 2015 6:46 AM

May 2015
well L is a genius after all, has is eyes set on every possibility possible

May 18, 2015 6:51 AM
Dec 2011
i always agree with L .... i mean this is no normal criminal if they acted quick the KIRA will pass the power and this could go on forever. L is always right and coincidentally when light and his dad was blabbering on about arresting the yotsuba's " L said here we go again " i said the same thing in my head wow i love L . L is a beautiful brilliant masterpiece. so L is putting misa to work this will be good :3
May 31, 2015 12:28 PM

Jul 2014
4/5
Aug 14, 2015 6:28 AM
Jan 2015
Misa is beginning to annoy me. And the next episode will focus on her, great.

I don't think Light will get his memories until they catch this Kira, and that seems to be an annoying hunt. For one side, the number of suspects is extremely low. For another side, L will be no satisfied until he gets his hand on the tool......Hum, Light may be caught indirectly, after all. So his gambit will not work. What a shame.
Sep 11, 2015 11:37 AM
Jun 2014
kei-clone said:
You know...if L dies how does Light automatically die? Makes no sense.

anyway this episode L just annoyed me. seriously....with his whole involving Misa thing and all and screwing around with Light...bleh

Light is awesome as usual, brilliant plan there calling the Yotsuba guy.
Because they're always together.

Oct 3, 2015 2:09 PM

Mar 2010
L falling for misa seemed forced.. But it made this a bit more enthusiastic for me lol

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 12, 2015 12:50 PM

Oct 2015
I'm upset with the way this anime is going. When Light lost his memory of the Death Note, it started going way downhill. I'm still interested in what's going to happen but goddamn if it isn't boring and convoluted.
Oct 28, 2015 4:54 AM
Jun 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_CUShSdeDo

Check the video link out for a in depth character review of Light Yagam! If you enjoyed this discussion then subscribe for more Death Note discussion videos on my youtube channel!!
Nov 7, 2015 12:57 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
New OP and ED are meh. The last OP and ED's was subtle and it felt better imo. Animation quality dropped. The episode felt all over the place.

3/5
Nov 9, 2015 7:29 AM

Nov 2014
Nice to see the new OP/ED. OP sounds a bit mad, I've never really listened to metal. The episode looks to be setting up something, can't wait to see what the 3 of them do!
Jan 21, 2016 1:36 PM

Dec 2015
So, this episode was interesting. For me the end part was probably most memorable. It seems as if L is falling for Misa? I kind of got the feeling that he purposely said those things to get a reaction from Misa, he's clever. And I think that L is very cute, especially with Misa. He might seem creepy and so, but I feel for him since it seems he hasn't really had any friends or people like that around him. And gosh I love his voice.
Too bad I missed the joke about it being dark without Light.. the subs were different.
L and Light fighting was funny again :D I couldn't help but laugh at that. And I really don't dislike the 'good' Light since this is what he would actually be without the death note. It doesn't feel fake at all. He's just not been corrupted, he's free from the influence of the death note. For us it's a big contrast since we saw him only with the death note (that's why it's unacceptable for some).

The new OP and ED came as a surprise for me, didn't expect them to change so soon. Personally I was a big fan of the previous ones, but I kind of liked these too. I think the metal theme fits this anime quite well. And it acts basically like a warning: it will get more badass later on, be patient. Liked the ED more though. The OP was a tad too intense. And it seems that those who loved the previous OP/ED's mostly hate the new ones and the ones who disliked the previous ones love these. Kind of funny :D
(after I finish the anime, definitely gonna read the manga)

BTW: I laughed like I was insane when watching the new OP. And I also laughed during the ED... only me? okay, I'm weird.
''One is enough, find someone completely unique'' -Yato
''You can't feel lonely if there's no one else around'' -Yamaken
''Because it's broken, it will never recover'' -Nanami
Jul 29, 2016 3:03 PM

Jan 2016
Ihihhi uhuhuhu Now thats how u open a episode X´D OMG!! FUCKING LOVE THE NEW OP! just incredible! and the animation for it's just hilarious n just fits perfect! xD not a fan of the ED tho. it was fine. The episode was incredible, now too the exciting parts, Might finding who is kira now! lol Too the next episode!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Aug 2, 2016 9:38 AM

Jun 2016
Misa kissing L on the cheek. His reaction was priceless :)
And this new Light is quite different. Don't know what to think about him.
Aug 5, 2016 9:55 AM

Dec 2014
Worst OP I've ever heard lmao
Feb 1, 2017 4:22 PM

Mar 2016
The new OP goes so hard.
Apr 17, 2017 8:39 PM
Mar 2017
I liked it better when Kira was Light and Misa. This small arc isn't doing it for me. I hope we get things how they used to be
Aug 13, 2017 10:21 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
ohmystars said:
Misa is the most annoying thing ever.

She always was ... Urgh, I somewhat would hope this anime would go on faster and end soon @_@

Sep 19, 2017 3:19 PM

May 2014
This is probably the first episode where I kind of wished Light wasn't Kira- with him and Misa completely clueless about what they've actually done, they get along with L really well. In fact, all three of them play off of each other perfectly and it's bumming me out because this is so gonna end horribly.
Maybe in another world, they would've just been normal college kids...but that wouldn't be as riveting now, would it?

Also, L's reaction to Misa kissing him on the cheek might be the cutest thing I've seen in a while. Bless.

Anyway, I like where this is going a lot!
I've heard so many people complain about the series after the first 15 or so episodes, but I'm in the minority that thinks it's better the further in I get.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2018 11:40 PM

Aug 2014
new OP is utter crap and Ed is also weaker than previous one...
OP song reminded me of System of a Down but it was way below thheir level.

Episode itself was good. After first episodes my first thoughts were that second death note holder is some big mafia/company boss. It almost is this way right now except that the second death note is not Ryuk's.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Note Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayrhandros - Apr 11, 2007

124 by N_Erwann »»
Yesterday, 12:31 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

itainteazy - Apr 4, 2007

399 by N_Erwann »»
Yesterday, 9:18 AM

» Does anyone find the post time-skip story kind of...bad?

VanVeleca - May 24

41 by Absurdo_N »»
Jun 13, 1:28 PM

» What detectives from other series do you think could solve the Kira case?

TheBlockernator - Jun 5

49 by deg »»
Jun 13, 1:24 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

vearg - May 10, 2009

103 by N_Erwann »»
Jun 13, 9:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.