Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 15, 2008 2:52 AM

Jan 2008
Sekai and Kotonoha deserve better. Kotonoha is being ignored despite she is trying her best and Sekai is being treated like a prostitute.
Hurry up and fix this mess Makoto.
Aug 15, 2008 3:45 AM

Jul 2008
aero said:
Sekai and Kotonoha deserve better. Kotonoha is being ignored despite she is trying her best and Sekai is being treated like a prostitute.
Hurry up and fix this mess Makoto.

Right, Sekai, the girl who sets up Makoto with Katsura, only to betray her good friend and have sex with Makoto like it's going out of style, is deserving of sympathy.

You know, if one of my good friends had sex with my girlfriend, which is what Sekai did with genders reversed, then I would beat the everloving shit out him. Apparently though, you're cool with a girl doing that.
Aug 15, 2008 3:54 AM

Jan 2008
ShaolinRibiero said:
Right, Sekai, the girl who sets up Makoto with Katsura, only to betray her good friend and have sex with Makoto like it's going out of style, is deserving of sympathy.

You know, if one of my good friends had sex with my girlfriend, which is what Sekai did with genders reversed, then I would beat the everloving shit out him. Apparently though, you're cool with a girl doing that.
If Makoto followed his brain and not his dick, he wouldn't of done it with Sekai. And it's not like Sekai was willing in the first place. Makoto is forcing her with all his moves, i.e. kissing, hugging, groping.
Aug 15, 2008 3:57 AM

Jul 2008
aero said:
If Makoto followed his brain and not his dick, he wouldn't of done it with Sekai. And it's not like Sekai was willing in the first place. Makoto is forcing her with all his moves, i.e. kissing, hugging, groping.

I think you might want to go back to and re-watch those episodes. Sekai kisses him on the lips in the very first episode, of her own volition. She also offers to "practice" making out with him.

There's more about her true, initial feelings for Makoto in the later episodes you haven't seen yet, but essentially, you're wrong. Sekai loves Makoto very much, which is why she betrayed her friend and cheated with him in the first place.
Aug 15, 2008 4:02 AM

Jan 2008
ShaolinRibiero said:
I think you might want to go back to and re-watch those episodes. Sekai kisses him on the lips in the very first episode, of her own volition. She also offers to "practice" making out with him.

There's more about her true, initial feelings for Makoto in the later episodes you haven't seen yet, but essentially, you're wrong. Sekai loves Makoto very much, which is why she betrayed her friend and cheated with him in the first place.
Either way, what happened has already happened. He can't turn back now, it'll just make the situation worse (Not like it's going well now).
Aug 17, 2008 1:20 PM

Mar 2008
aero said:
ShaolinRibiero said:

Either way, what happened has already happened. He can't turn back now, it'll just make the situation worse (Not like it's going well now).

With all this going on it makes me get alsfhasklfh
I also don't like that group of girls.. and that other girl(sorry don't know there names, basically the committee girls and the one they texted), Kotonoha didn't lie about him being her boyfriend damnit! Ahh she didn't do anything wrong which makes me annoyed that people are giving her death glares. I feel a bit bad for Sekai, but I don't like how she lied to setsuna(about Makoto and Kotonoha breaking up)
And I love the suspense at the end of the ep:) it's all starting now muhahahaha
Sep 8, 2008 4:01 AM

Jul 2008
All I have to say to Makoto in this one is: SCREW YOU MAKOTO PIECE OF SHIT! YOU AND ALL GUYS LIKE IN THIS WORLD SHOULD BURN, BURN, BURN, GET SQUASHED, LITERALLY PHASED TO BE EATEN BY ALIENS AND WORST TO WORST LIQUEFY WITH ACID.

I am sorry but I am 28 and still a virgin and I AM PROUD SO SCREW YOU MAKOTO CAUSE IF ANYONE HERE IS GOING TO BE HELL... IT'S ME!!!!!!!!!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 25, 2008 8:34 AM

Sep 2008
Up until now, I've been trying to give Makoto the benefit of the doubt, just assuming he is a good natured idiot (like most main characters in harem shows), but even most dense idiot would realize the affection (new and improved) kotonoha is giving him, and how awkward it is to be around Sekai.

I realized that he really just is an asshole (about 3 episodes after everyone else did) who cares more about sex then actually wanting a nice relationship.

My Prediction: He ends up alienating both Kotonoha and Sekai and ends up alone and/or knitting needle to the eye.

also, to all you people who hate the show because Makoto is an ass, realize how incredible a show needs to be to bring to people to that level of emotion. This is a wonderful show, just not in a happy way.
B25MitchSep 25, 2008 8:40 AM

Higurashi: Retroactively asserting why scary and cute sound so similar in Japanese.
Sep 25, 2008 5:42 PM

Jul 2008
B25Mitch said:

I realized that he really just is an asshole

Well, him and every single other character in the anime except Kotonoha.

Kotonoha is merely a mentally unstable nutcase.
Oct 6, 2008 11:02 PM
Mar 2008
"Yeah, Makoto can say "I like/love you" to Sekai all he wants, but the truth is, he doesn't love Sekai - Makoto just loves SCREWING her. Typical of an irresponsibly brought up teenage boy. Someone should've taught him more morals."

Well...he DID say his parents were divorced. Lack of a father figure maybe? :P
"I know not what World War III will be fought with, but World War IV will surely be fought with sticks and stones."
Oct 24, 2008 2:16 AM

Dec 2007
This really isn't as bad as some people say it is, the main point is that the main character is a manipulative asshole.

#NBHNC
Dec 6, 2008 5:14 PM

Aug 2008
Finally!! Kotonoha found out the hard truth!

Time to blame...
-Itou gets 87%, for being a jackass who doesn't appears to care about feelings, but just about getting laid.
-Sekai gets 11%, for being the only one she seems to care about betraying Kotonoha's trust and not doing jack about it. She should had told Kotonoha first about what was going on beetween Makoto and herself, if she knew Itou wouldn't do it himself. And she would had known that this "training" of hers was messed up. If she really liked Makoto that much, then she should had told him so in the first place, and informed Kotonoha as well. She's still my favorite heroine though... I think.
-Kotonoha gets 2%, for not questioning Itou about any "affairs" that he might had had. She should had noticed how uncaring and bored he was acting towards her, and ask why. Or better yet, break up with him. Either way, she's still innocent.

If Kotonaha would had known about Sekai's feelings earlier, then this would had turned into a "true" love triangle, where there's open competition between the love rivals and their love.
I hope Kotonoha doesn't get bullied by that bitchy jr. High friend of Itou's.

The Visual Novel seems great to me. But dynamic VNs such as School Days, doesn't feel like they make for a good romance anime to me.

Feb 13, 2009 6:55 PM

Feb 2009
justnlife23 said:
Tyce129 said:
Wow , it's starting to turn out sad and depressing,and I feel bad for Kotonoha, but I guess that's what's great about this series, it actually moves your emotions somewhat, I feel like I don't really want to see how it's going to turn out, but I can't stop watching because I'm absolutely hooked

Me and my girlfriend feel the same way, except she just wants a bad ending and I get the feeling that somewhere along the way there may be a major twist that won't allow for a bad ending. Only time will tell. I tend to watch this show between open fingers like a kid at a scary movie. haha.

I agree with these opinions.
Just waiting to see what comes next ^.^

Itou no sukebe!!
Kotonoha ga kowaaaaiii yo...
Anime ga daaaai suki!!! Computer Engineering. Japan is awesome!!!
May 11, 2009 6:18 PM
Apr 2008
asandari said:
The fact that he is shallow is what allows him to cheat. I do not believe he has no feelings for either of them. The reason he when out with kotonoha was because of her body, which was a foolish mistake. Based on tragic circumstances he ends up falling in genuine love with sekai, though his desires may have pushed him more so to cheat.

His second foolish mistake was to not break up with kotonoha, though he had the intent neither he nor sekai had the heart to do it.

Sekai made her own mistakes of course, such as suggesting the 'practice' in the first place, and accepting makoto before he broke up with kotonoha.

i love you hahahah i agreee

Kotonoha seems to be the only character that didn't make any big mistakes, she just seems to be incompatible.
(pervert + shy girl = doesn't work)

Maybe I'm just naive/gullible but I seem to think makoto is not just saying those things to use the girls, but rather is in a dispute about trying to figure out his own feelings. Quite similar to Takayuki's inner dispute in KGNE, which I probably should talk about here xD
Ironically, a lot of people hated him to.

Or perhaps it is just because they hate it when the main character is confused? Or something xD

But anyways, to answer your question I do not dislike him, but I don't really like him either xD
I think that if he knew what he was doing, he would have dumped kotonoha and started a proper relationship with sekai in the first place.
May 17, 2009 3:41 AM
Aug 2008
Well judging from the earlier episodes, he seemed pretty tired around kotonoha since he had to do this and that and it for her and it was just uncomfortable around her because he couldn't become gratified or infatuated easily (ie : apologizing). He also is intervened by Sekai every so often so this causes a distance between kotonoha and motoko and causes Sekai to fall for him. She kind of ''forced'' this relationship between motoko and kotonoha, though I believe that he should've told kotonoha that it just wouldn't work out before she gained his trust and tried to become a better girlfriend in which these sentimental feelings would have hurted more if they were to try and hide this secret which gets unraveled in this episode. In the beginning, Matoko should have just continued with Sekai (ep 01) instead of having this 'practice (ep 4)' that caused an unnecessary fold of events that leads to his own demise. Though personally, I believe that Matoko could have remedified Kotonoha and break up with her earlier instead of continuing this 'not-so-secret' relationship. It's interesting to see how the turn of events came out, at the beginning, he wasn't so bad however Sekai being passive and mentioning ecchi this and that didn't really help and her look down dark face stares one episode after another were the earliest signs of jealousy which she lied to her friends due to embarassment and repression of expression along with not wanting to her Kotonoha however Kotonoha was not very comfortable around Matoko and supporting Kotonoha was perhaps a bad choice because she progresses on to love Matoko.

Though these characters were set up to be hate & empathized as for the ultimate ending. Though that being said, women were essentially sex toys back in the ancient times and polygamous relationships were not really forbidden. This might be a socially and ethically irresponsible action however being as he is, dense, confused, manipulative, shallow, it is hard to blame him for all his actions and in Japan the three foremost are symbols that are representative of a man are : money, power and sex or stereotyped. After all this anime was also a H-game so it's not really ''surprising'' that the male lead is always manipulative.

Though being younger than he is, I believe that he is setting up a dopamine-reward system for himself and that his lack of perceptive abilities to comprehend the current situation and analyze is certainly unbelievable. Submissive/Guilty Sekai + Manipulative/Sociopath Motoko + Ignorant/Denial/Reactive Katsura is certainly what the story says it is ''three love stories''.

I do wish for Setsuna to intervene or interrogate Sekai, though often she just witnesses this ongoing relationship between the three.

NequamMay 17, 2009 4:27 AM
May 19, 2009 11:01 PM
Apr 2009
Why do people fall for this guy? He doesn't care about the person he's with as long as he fulfills his own sexual needs.

So can I look forward to a Kotonoha Rampage, because that will make this worth it. She's the only character that I don't dislike, but that's because I feel sorry for her. Especially since she has gotten more confident and all.
Jun 25, 2009 8:29 PM

Jun 2009
I have a feeling this will be a bad ending, to give credits to the author who share his experiences and maybe just to make another anime not all a happy ending

but it will be better if Kotonoha would find a partner

om my god!

Kotonoha saw them!
ZinvyJun 25, 2009 8:39 PM
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jul 3, 2009 10:15 PM
Sep 2008
Alright, that was some creepy fucking ominous music in the end.
Jul 22, 2009 5:17 AM

Apr 2009
Blow said:
justnlife23 said:
Tyce129 said:
Wow , it's starting to turn out sad and depressing,and I feel bad for Kotonoha, but I guess that's what's great about this series, it actually moves your emotions somewhat, I feel like I don't really want to see how it's going to turn out, but I can't stop watching because I'm absolutely hooked

Me and my girlfriend feel the same way, except she just wants a bad ending and I get the feeling that somewhere along the way there may be a major twist that won't allow for a bad ending. Only time will tell. I tend to watch this show between open fingers like a kid at a scary movie. haha.

I agree with these opinions.
Just waiting to see what comes next ^.^

Itou no sukebe!!
Kotonoha ga kowaaaaiii yo...

haha! same my hands are almost permanantly attached to my head now looool
Jul 22, 2009 5:20 AM

Apr 2009
the music when she saw them was amazing!! lol i was expecting katsura to draw out a meat cleaver or something!!
Aug 17, 2009 1:12 AM

Jun 2009
deviltrigger said:
the music when she saw them was amazing!! lol i was expecting katsura to draw out a meat cleaver or something!!

lol, ya, it wouldn't surprise me, it was only a matter of time until they were aught, and i'm not surprised on the roof during school, can't she lock the door after them and go to the side or something?!
Jan 17, 2010 4:53 AM

Feb 2009
What a harsh way for Kotonoha to find out..

I would like to think that Makoto does have legitimate feelings for Sekai, but at this point it is hard to tell, there relationship does seem to be very lust-centric.

And with kotonoha's sister, the whole her learning to knit for him, and even offering to buy him a cellphone, who wouldn't feel sorry for her.
Jan 20, 2010 9:58 PM

Apr 2009
Makoto is starting to remind me of my best friend back in 9th grade. He was so obsessed with sexual activity that he would lie all the time to anyone if it meant getting closer to some sex.

This has really taken a turn for the worse. I'm almost considering dropping it but I'm a little interested to see how Kotonoha reacts to all of this.
Mar 28, 2010 5:48 PM

Apr 2009
Oh please somebody shot that bastard already... well luckily I'm getting the feeling that timid, pathetic Katsura is about to snap so I may get my wish... but I really hope she does it fast...
Apr 12, 2010 1:23 PM

Oct 2009
it's bad
Apr 19, 2010 10:49 AM

Aug 2008
why i have a feeling that Sekai is fot Makoto sex toy but time will show.
i feel sorry for Kotonoha but i support more Sekai.
May 9, 2010 4:55 PM

Mar 2010
LOL
rebornaraku said:
$20 says Kotohana stabs Makoto with those knitting needles.
May 20, 2010 2:49 PM

Apr 2008
OK! First I think Makoto is just a shallow character that only thinks of sex because some feminists want to portray men like that.

But now it seems like Makoto is a real pimp that knows what he's doing. Someone to be envied... For his skill with women and not his random luck.

I guess that might have something to do with him pleasing my favorite girl in the series(?)
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
May 22, 2010 10:33 PM

Jun 2009
Wow, I would be out for blood too.
I would go for the heads...

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jun 26, 2010 6:35 AM

Jun 2009
Too bad the rooftop is fenced. I really wish for Kotonoha to run up and push both Makoto and Sekai off.
Jun 29, 2010 7:43 AM

Apr 2010
I WANT TO DROP THIS SOOO BAD!! CAN'T STAND IT!!! D: D: D:

but want to know what happens in the end too.... >.<
Jul 28, 2010 7:14 AM

Jan 2010
"Makoto doesn't care so much about feelings, unless it involves him getting laid"
^^

blood bath...blood bath...!!! :D

4/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Aug 18, 2010 9:22 AM

Aug 2010
Wiibii said:

i totally agree, its so painful too watch, but i too want to see wad happens in the end.

Sep 6, 2010 2:25 AM
Jul 2010
xilam said:
Wiibii said:

i totally agree, its so painful too watch, but i too want to see wad happens in the end.

Yeah, that's exactly the way I feel. If this wasn't a 12 episode anime I would have dropped it by now but as it is, I guess I can stand another 6 just to see how it ends...
Sep 27, 2010 3:06 PM

Aug 2008
She found out eh? Makoto is such a jerk that's for sure.
Oct 3, 2010 3:04 PM
Sep 2010
Poor Kotonoha. I hate Makoto, I want him to die.
Oct 24, 2010 6:13 PM

Aug 2009
Hating the characters with hating the whole anime is completely different I think and a lot of people mess this up. That's why this has such a low (undeserving in my opinion) score. OFC i hate people like Makoto and Sekai. But the anime as a whole is really amazing, well written, exploring human emotions and everything. As well as action and consequences.
So as much as I hate the characters, I really like this show.
5/5 for this ep. I hope it gets wilder in the next episodes. Kotonoha should take drastic actions here. (thinking of cutting his b*lls maybe.. ) *wonders*
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Jan 2, 2011 5:06 PM

Dec 2008
Wow, I'm getting a headache watching these guys. Oh, high school drama. But I'm halfway through and I'm curious for this ending, despite how predictable it may be.

Really pissed at Matoko. Hating him for being such a user. And yes, he "loves" Sekai for just letting him screw her whenever he wants. And I wish Sekai would kind of man up and tell Kotonoha about it instead of making herself sick over it - but I guess she LOOOOOVES Matoko and doesn't want him hurt so she's leaving the decision up to him. But it's like, Sekai, if you want to be with Matoko, it takes two to make a relationship work, and you should encourage each other to go and talk to Kotonoha together...!!

Argh, all this drama. Relationships give me headaches. But it's fun to watch others go through them. XD <333

I really hope Kotonoha strikes back goooood. Matoko deserves it. My gut feeling says she go the crazy route and attack Sekai instead ("HE MUST LOVE ME AND ONLY MEEEEE") but I hope it's Matoko. Or, at least, like what others have said, that the dark music foreshadows something like that. >3
Jan 16, 2011 11:31 PM

Sep 2009
At least Kotonoha knows now. Its taken me nearly a year to get to episode six... I cannot put my finger on why this show makes me so uneasy...
Mar 2, 2011 3:34 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
School Days is not bad at all. Totally different from other similar high school dramas. Let's face it, anything that get's people so worked up has to be good.

It's a shame that Makoto never had the maturity, intelligence and good sense to distinguish lust from love. He'd had been with Sekai from the beginning. Even worse, Kotonoha has grown enormously as a person and can be seen as a devoted and loving GF by now. Had he given her time, she'd maybe had grown into the lover he so desperately wanted.

Makoto is in for a world of pain now.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 14, 2011 12:54 AM

Jan 2008
- I'm happy that Sekai seems to have a conscience and feels guilty about it. Even though she never should have kissed him or started that training in the first place.
- Makoto is just a pervert. I don't think he cares about or deserves either of them.
- The music sounds like Kotonoha's going to go berserk.
May 24, 2011 4:24 PM

Nov 2010
Oh damn. I don't think Makoto's going to last for the next six episodes. Judging solely from the creepy music playing at the end, I'm thinking heads are literally going to roll.
Jul 18, 2011 8:38 AM

Aug 2010
oh my the ending was sooo creepy! MOAR MOAR MOAR!!
Aug 1, 2011 1:41 PM

Jun 2011
the ending makes me to continue this series, tho o_o
Jan 15, 2012 11:41 PM

Dec 2010
Makoto is the classic teenage boy that thinks, ''Love = Sex'', I feel bad for Katsura, she's a nice girl and the only thing she receives from everyone is hate just because Makoto is a coward.
Jun 5, 2012 5:20 PM

Dec 2010
SHITS GOING DOWN

Jul 24, 2012 9:18 AM

May 2012
I cried at the end.
Fucking Makoto (no pun intended).
Jul 25, 2012 9:42 AM

Jun 2012
I fucking hate Makoto
Jul 31, 2012 10:33 AM
Jun 2012
I quite recently finished clannad after story and dont think I can handle the predictable ending, think I might postpone till after I finish sora no otoshimono

not sure who is dumber makoto for being a dick or me for watching him being a dick
Aug 11, 2012 4:44 PM
Mar 2010
Dusk252 said:
xilam said:
Wiibii said:

Yeah, that's exactly the way I feel. If this wasn't a 12 episode anime I would have dropped it by now but as it is, I guess I can stand another 6 just to see how it ends...
Can we all just be best friends? This anime is quite terrible, but I need to see the last episode lmao.

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is this worse than boku no pico?

JustSomeone15 - May 29

16 by KayKimii »»
May 29, 6:29 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Siing - Jul 5, 2007

162 by jasutin_hoshi »»
May 27, 4:19 PM

» Is School Days a misunderstood masterpiece? ( 1 2 )

SkyEatsOcean - Jan 30, 2015

50 by Seabury »»
May 17, 4:43 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

itainteazy - Aug 2, 2007

179 by Seabury »»
May 14, 6:26 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Haoji - Jul 22, 2007

136 by Seabury »»
May 12, 5:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.