Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 9, 2019 12:13 PM

Sep 2018
Can't wait to meet the other male character, also chika made me laugh when she said "im his mother"
Feb 9, 2019 12:43 PM

Nov 2017
Fujiwara is zee best! I love her times onscreen, and that's all I gotta say. This episode was great lol

Feb 9, 2019 12:50 PM

Jan 2017
I'm kind of in awe at how good this adaptation is. Every joke lands, every bit of music fits, every VA is perfect. It's got the potential to be another 10 for me.
Feb 9, 2019 12:52 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Lol the change in uniform sure did well in showing the distance between Chika and Kaguya in chest size. Kaguya's jealousy filled stare sure was scary. Kaguya's defence of her outburst lol. But looks like things with that couple ended well. Kaguya's expression on seeing Miyuki work so hard helping was cute. Chika continues to surprise with her many skills. But man to think that Miyuki's hand eye coordination was that bad. While its nice to see that Chika's training was successful she sure had a tough time with it it seems. The umbrella event sure was interesting. Kaguya's expressions sure were chilling especially with the thunder. Though Chika did upset it somewhat it was sweet seeing Kaguya and Miyuki share an umbrella.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2019 1:14 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Best boy finally makes his appearance.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 9, 2019 1:15 PM

Mar 2016
ThatBrokeDude said:
Can't wait to meet the other male character

it's a weird name to spell ""Our guy"
Feb 9, 2019 1:27 PM

May 2016
pilotinha_ said:
Saints_Row said:
Chika carries this anime. I would have dropped it already if not for her. What an amazing character. The amount of hype she's generating is astonishing and deserving.

It's funny because next week appears the character who will truly carry the show. And literally every manga reader can relate.

Well, let's face it. Without Chika and the upcoming new character this anime wouldn't be half as good as it is!

And I have agree with some people on here about how this anime is like a cure after watching Domestic Girlfriend the day before. That anime is starting to get really predictable right now.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Feb 9, 2019 1:28 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Soo much win on this episode, I reallly started to love Chikka when she started having those scenes with Kaichou, "I raised that boy", she can be such a mischevious girl but shouts on your face how cute she is, and you cant just deny her charm anylonger~~
Kaguya and Kaichou umbrella match was brilliant, also for those that have not noticed, they were still holding an umbrella after the rain stopped... CUTE!

pilotinha_ said:
Saints_Row said:
Chika carries this anime. I would have dropped it already if not for her. What an amazing character. The amount of hype she's generating is astonishing and deserving.

It's funny because next week appears the character who will truly carry the show. And literally every manga reader can relate.

That is just some people's opinion, I think all of them do carry the show and all of the council members make it really special, besides, lets not forget Key and Hayasaka.
Feb 9, 2019 1:43 PM

Jan 2009
Today I want to give an extra shoutout to Fujiwara's seiyuu. She totally cracked me up this episode ^_^
Feb 9, 2019 2:08 PM

Mar 2016
idk if this is achievment but this was first episode ever i have watched while being drunk. I probably should rewatch tomorrow. Also wtf you cant be that bad at voleyball but ok i guess anime is anime
Feb 9, 2019 2:10 PM
Jan 2013
I have read the manga , I honestly cant know the reason Ishigami is so hyped , he carries the manga? lol not
Feb 9, 2019 2:31 PM

Oct 2017
Never read the manga, but got hyped seeing our boy at last
Hey there! If you'd like to talk about anime or anything else feel free to drop a comment on my page or DM me. I'd be glad to have a conversation and make some new friends :)
My list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Amazinc?status=7&order=4&order2=0

Feb 9, 2019 2:41 PM

Sep 2011
xeco said:
I have read the manga , I honestly cant know the reason Ishigami is so hyped , he carries the manga? lol not
How is it possible to read his sports arc and not think hes based?

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 9, 2019 2:54 PM

Sep 2017
I loved how they brought in the girl who the guy from the previous episode had a crush on. That was a great little twist. Chika is so friggin cute tho. She is definitely best girl imo. The reaction faces and sounds throughout the volleyball part were great. Also I think this is kinda the first real step for our two mains as being a couple. It was cute how they kept using the umbrella even after the rain stopped.
Feb 9, 2019 2:57 PM

Mar 2016
DirectorK said:
pilotinha_ said:

Well, let's face it. Without Chika and the upcoming new character this anime wouldn't be half as good as it is!

And I have agree with some people on here about how this anime is like a cure after watching Domestic Girlfriend the day before. That anime is starting to get really predictable right now.

You're right about that sir. But we haven't got to the actual plot development in this show with its arcs (when it REALLY starts to get good) so it's normal that it gets carried by 1 or 2 characters.

Feb 9, 2019 3:06 PM

Sep 2011
pilotinha_ said:
DirectorK said:

You're right about that sir. But we haven't got to the actual plot development in this show with its arcs (when it REALLY starts to get good) so it's normal that it gets carried by 1 or 2 characters.

It really doesn't help that the early parts of the manga are generally trapped in the student council room and to the members of it. The newest chapter (137) really illustrates just how much the overall cast has expanded in supporting characters, setting, and general stuff going on. But i think the fact that so many people are eager to get to later moments are a testament to the series managing to keep itself fresh more so than its early chapters currently being adapted being a problem even if I would argue they are the weakest in the series
JizzyHitlerFeb 9, 2019 3:10 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 9, 2019 3:19 PM

Sep 2007
My love for Chika is growing by the second! ❤ I especially loved the ''I raised that boy'' it felt so relatable omg

Also, the tie at the end, hanbunko, made me think of Stereopony. It's not really related I guess but it's nice to associate that song with Kaguya-sama now

Feb 9, 2019 3:20 PM

Dec 2014
damn the guy sucks..hands off to chika to teaching him
Feb 9, 2019 3:27 PM

Jul 2015
Chika is so good she has her own scale, screw 10/10

Chika/10!
Feb 9, 2019 3:43 PM

Dec 2013
I miss that joke from manga.

Actually, English sub was pure garbage this week.
It had several major TL errors.

Ty, Aniplex.
Feb 9, 2019 4:00 PM

Mar 2012
How can you not protect this smile?

Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 9, 2019 4:31 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
THAT WAS SOOOOOO CUTEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!! :)))))) TODAY KAGUYA, SHIROGANE, AND CHIKA ALL WON !!!!! THEY ALL SCORED LOT OF POINTS WITH ME TODAY XDDD
張大です for 張大勇督察
Feb 9, 2019 4:35 PM

Nov 2008
This show is just the cutest.
Feb 9, 2019 4:40 PM

Jun 2014
OOOOOHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD Chika in a ponytail?! Our godess has evolved!
Feb 9, 2019 4:51 PM

Apr 2015
Chika is getting cuter and more adorable with the episode! Love Detective Chika is awesome, that hat really suits her!

The volleyball scenes were priceless, how can someone be that bad I wonder. Chika being the kind girl she is helping Miyuki.. I laughed when Chika said that he has his eyes closed when serving... No wonder he can't hit any balls!!

"I raised that boy!" Says Chika while crying after training him a long week... Chika is perfection, no other words needed for it!

Umbrella scene was also splendid! Chika was once again Miyuki's saviour!

That tease for the new character!
Feb 9, 2019 5:04 PM

Nov 2017
It was an OK episode

nice

plz @ me
Feb 9, 2019 5:09 PM

Jul 2011
Can't remember the last time I've enjoyed a seasonal anime this much.
Feb 9, 2019 5:23 PM

May 2017
Dat volley ball animation
https://i.imgur.com/Gd7RWBK.gif
GIF too large to show up on MAL :/
copyrightRingoFeb 9, 2019 5:27 PM
「ボクは…確かに現実に絶望している。だけど、自分には絶望していない!! 今がつまらないか…楽しいのか…平凡なのか…決めているのは現実じゃない。決めるのはボクだ!!ボクが望めば不可能はない!!」-桂木桂馬
"True, I've given up on the real world. However, I haven't given up on myself!! The world doesn't get to decide whether my life is boring, fun, or ordinary because that's my decision to make!! As long as I have the will, nothing is impossible!!" -Katsuragi Keima
Feb 9, 2019 5:53 PM

May 2016
While Fujiwara gets everyone's attention and gains more fans & popularity in the first 5 episodes with her antics and cuteness, it's time for her to step down from the throne because BEST BOY, and OUR GUY Ishigami will appear next episode. The show is definitely gonna be even better with him around.
Feb 9, 2019 5:58 PM

Nov 2007
JizzyHitler said:
shanimebib said:

This anime is bordering masterpiece territory right now when we are not even halfway the season!
Its really crazy how nearly perfect an adaptation it is, makes me all the more adamant this shit needs multiple seasons cause this staff needs to bring stuff like ishigami's sport festival arc and THAT chapter that happened a couple weeks ago. I'm also curious with how fujiwara generally the most unpopular character in manga ended up becomming one of the main draws for alot of people in the anime, it makes me wonder if the anime would end up turning around the generally (unjustly)unpopular miko at all or if the poor girl is destined to be disliked by half the readerbase.

Minar-kyun said:
"Miyuki Shirogane want's to show off" - I really wanted to see this chapter get adapted and boy they did a great job adapting it. This chapter was important to develop the chemistry between Chika and Shirogane.
You call it chemistry, I call it a woman's tragic development of post-traumatic stress disorder.

Nah. Iino is really well liked. I only ever see a very few (vocal) fans trash talking her in AS, 4chan, 5ch etc. Iino is the most transparent girl in the manga. Some people have issues with girls that want to discipline others. Like Aina from Grand Blue, Sadako from GuP etc.

Chika is an attention grabbing, self important, (adorable) lowlife. It surprised me how fans really didn't notice how she made Prez request for her help. So when she ended up with bruises it felt great. I love how twisted her character is. Ah, don't get me wrong. I still like her because her affection for Kaguya is genuine if nothing else.

Her real nature will be exposed and pointed out once my boi Yuu enters the frey. Will see if she can still enjoy her rise in popularity. :P

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 9, 2019 5:59 PM

Nov 2018

This scene is so underrated, I actually laughed out loud watching this. xD
Feb 9, 2019 6:27 PM

Jun 2015
casually walks with an umbrella up in the brightest sun there is

this scene made me lose my shit and idk why, just got to me
Feb 9, 2019 6:32 PM

Sep 2011
delikara said:
While Fujiwara gets everyone's attention and gains more fans & popularity in the first 5 episodes with her antics and cuteness, it's time for her to step down from the throne because BEST BOY, and OUR GUY Ishigami will appear next episode. The show is definitely gonna be even better with him around.
Fujiwara became the true final boss of the series, that said i dont think ishigami will be all that popular outside of manga fans but at the very least theres some great jokes coming out of him in the near future, I at least think his introduction chapter is one of the funniest in the series.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 9, 2019 6:42 PM

May 2018
Aaa... another Kashiwagi-san, a.k.a the girl who got confession from the guy who seeking love advice with Shirogane. Chika is more helpful than Shinomiya, how that strange suggestion can ended up in good way. Hail lord chika ! (And oh, the twintail girl appear again. I remember asking about her in ep 2 thread. Poor girl, I don't know if her chapter will adapted or not)

Chika as a coach for Shirogane. Her hardwork can be seen on the bandage around her body. What have you done, President ??

Umbrella war ended up tie. Who's the MVP ? Yup, our lord Chika =D
Feb 9, 2019 6:57 PM

Sep 2012
My sides... I love training chapters. Another great episode.
Feb 9, 2019 7:13 PM

Mar 2012
shanimebib said:
Her real nature will be exposed and pointed out once my boi Yuu enters the frey. Will see if she can still enjoy her rise in popularity. :P

She will get exposed when best girl Hayasaka get her own episode. I'm sure the nickname will catch on too on anime watcher.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 9, 2019 7:53 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Chika is truly the MVP of this series LMFAOOOOO xDD

I thought that Raphtalia would have been the clear best girl of the season, but man Chika is giving her a good run for her money in my books right now
Feb 9, 2019 8:05 PM
Oct 2015
I always hold my laughter when someone calls Subject F ahh I mean Fujiwara as a best girl LOL. Of course the entire manga reader likes Chika but not as a best girl, maybe less than 10% can imagine her as a best girl
Feb 9, 2019 8:13 PM

May 2016
this show is so good, I started it yesterday and I'm hooked!

Feb 9, 2019 8:13 PM

Sep 2011
TsuzukuHunter2nd said:
Aaa... another Kashiwagi-san, a.k.a the girl who got confession from the guy who seeking love advice with Shirogane. Chika is more helpful than Shinomiya, how that strange suggestion can ended up in good way. Hail lord chika ! (And oh, the twintail girl appear again. I remember asking about her in ep 2 thread. Poor girl, I don't know if her chapter will adapted or not)

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 9, 2019 8:58 PM

Jul 2012
I was already laughing out loud throughout the whole volleyball section, but what got me the most is when Chika, with a bandaid on her bow, cried and said, "I raised that boy."
I got lightheaded from laughing so much 😂

Looks like we're getting a new character next episode! Looking forward to it. Loving this show right now!
Feb 9, 2019 9:17 PM

Nov 2017
Another great episode. This series does work best on a watch week-by-week basis, due to its formula, but I can't deny that it executes its formula well and with sharp writing and great jokes. It really is a joy to watch each week. I loved that ending, with them both ending on a tie - and finally, our first short of Mysterious Emo Boy!
Feb 9, 2019 10:07 PM

Oct 2015
Honestly, it was this episode that cemented this show as a 10/10 for me.
Feb 9, 2019 10:53 PM

Oct 2008
Fujiwara is so fucking amazing. She makes the show. So many best girls this season.
Feb 9, 2019 11:48 PM

Oct 2015
Another super cute and funny episode. I freaking love these characters!
Feb 10, 2019 12:39 AM
Feb 2019
JizzyHitler said:
shanimebib said:

This anime is bordering masterpiece territory right now when we are not even halfway the season!
Its really crazy how nearly perfect an adaptation it is, makes me all the more adamant this shit needs multiple seasons cause this staff needs to bring stuff like ishigami's sport festival arc and THAT chapter that happened a couple weeks ago. I'm also curious with how fujiwara generally the most unpopular character in manga ended up becomming one of the main draws for alot of people in the anime, it makes me wonder if the anime would end up turning around the generally (unjustly)unpopular miko at all or if the poor girl is destined to be disliked by half the readerbase.

I didn't realise Miko was unpopular, or even that Fujiwara was unpopular. Is this a thing? I thought Fujiwara at least was pretty popular, and Miko is one of my favourite characters :/
Feb 10, 2019 12:42 AM

Jan 2009
Miko isn't really unpopular, it's rather that those people who dislike her are very vocal about it.
Feb 10, 2019 12:45 AM
Feb 2019
xeco said:

Only cos most readers relate to him. I like him, but no more than I like most of the other characters, and personally I found his more serious "arc" to be pretty out of place and a bit uninspired and ham-fisted, but honestly, that doesn't change the fact that he's a fun character.
Feb 10, 2019 12:47 AM
Feb 2019
JizzyHitler said:
pilotinha_ said:

It really doesn't help that the early parts of the manga are generally trapped in the student council room and to the members of it. The newest chapter (137) really illustrates just how much the overall cast has expanded in supporting characters, setting, and general stuff going on. But i think the fact that so many people are eager to get to later moments are a testament to the series managing to keep itself fresh more so than its early chapters currently being adapted being a problem even if I would argue they are the weakest in the series
Legit. I feel like most of the best parts happen after the fireworks arc, so we won't be seeing any of them. Fireworks arc was great though, so at least there's that.
Feb 10, 2019 1:10 AM

Nov 2014
onetwofour said:
xeco said:

Only cos most readers relate to him. I like him, but no more than I like most of the other characters, and personally I found his more serious "arc" to be pretty out of place and a bit uninspired and ham-fisted, but honestly, that doesn't change the fact that he's a fun character.
everyone's taste is different but for me the best part is
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » is it just me or do you guys also find fujiwara annoying?

FruitPunchBaka - 8 hours ago

24 by JaysonNnN »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2019

270 by otakuanity »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2019

207 by otakuanity »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2019

256 by otakuanity »»
Yesterday, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2019

199 by otakuanity »»
Yesterday, 12:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.