Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Apr 30, 2019 12:17 PM

Sep 2014
The scene when they didn't meet was sad and the part after the ending felt so lonely. I never asked for these feels. ;_;
Hayasaka fanservice was very nice, though. Also Fujiwara eating her ramen reminded me a lot of Shokugeki no Souma. Loved all the over the top reactions and details.
May 5, 2019 6:47 AM

Nov 2014
That twitter elaboration really hilarious, and the weird way hayasaka is taking a bath is making it more hilarious. too bad both Miyuki and Kaguya didn't meet each other in school >_<.

Well, The ramen master Chika skit is also quite enjoyable too.

with some deep and serious premises about Kaguya's life and Miyuki's boring day, it seems a great opening to last episode, can't wait to see it.
May 14, 2019 11:23 AM

Jun 2017
other than the post credits scene, this episode was the definition of empty air. it is the first episode in the entire series that i legit disliked tbh.
May 15, 2019 2:04 PM

Feb 2013
This episode was sponsored by Ichiraku Ramen.
May 22, 2019 9:22 AM

Jun 2011
uhh the last 3 episodes have been very underwhelming.. i can't feel how much prez and kaguya have missed each other because the reason they're not even contacting each other is because of their own ego which make zero sense. A relationship like this is way too calculating, and it worked because it was comedic, not when they try to take it seriously.

The serious tone is also very off putting and cringy at the end of the episode.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 7, 2019 9:52 AM

Feb 2019
Damn, what a masterpiece this series has been.

First part was awesome. Really cute seeing how Kaguya is really incapable when dealing with technology but at the same time being desperate and proud. Poor Hayasaka, can't relax at all! Yes, Kaguya should really appreciate her more. Hayasaka is like the best, most reliable girl here. I also love how Hayasaka just straight up told her the fact of the matter without any sugar coating, like how her plan never works lol. Kaguya is so cute like a baby when she's just panicking and not understanding. Also, gotta say, Hayasaka is pretty hot...

Second part was okay, personally. It was funny but I don't have many words for it..

Third part was sad. Really sad that they didn't meet even though they were there at almost the same time. Kaguya's scene is just like from the ED. I really thought they were going to meet.

I was confused when I saw that it was only 19 minutes in but the ED was playing. Boy, after that has been one of the best parts of this series.

The feels on that after ED part, 11/10. It was really sad to watch. She's denying it, but she really wants the simpler things in life. It seems she also doesn't get any parental love at all. I'd say Hayasaka is the closest thing she has to family. Hayasaka is awesome, she really cares for Kaguya even though Kaguya can be annoying to her sometimes and sometimes underappreciates Hayasaka. Kaguya is so strong. I want her to go shopping with friends, it's so sad. She just wanted to go shopping, it's so simple. Glad that Chika's sister made sure that they were going to do that some other day. And what was the point of calling Kaguya over there? Just to see whether she'd come? They didn't even do anything there. Kaguya's potentially happy day was just ruined by her cold father. "Drop dead, asshole." Hayasaka's words I echo. That moment when Hayasaka held Kaguya's hand though. This is really sad. This part has been very different from the rest of the anime and I absolutely LOVE it. It's one of the best, if not THE best, part so far! I want to see them see the fireworks together next episode. Please be a great ending, please. And please give a happy ending for this series for Kaguya. She deserves it.

CAN'T WAIT!
Jun 9, 2019 2:11 PM

Mar 2016
Holy shit! r/chairsunderwater moment right here! Though it's NFSW as in NotFullySubmerged(in)Water. Dammit, so close!

All that has happened in this ep is nice and all, but that last part was odd, to say the least. In fact, it delivers confusingly feelable feelings of loneliness. It doesn't help that the after credit extra scenes further enforces that feeling of loneliness. It's the kinds of scenes that make me pity the character for their condition int heir current situation yet it cannot be helped. This takes the form as Kaguya with her privileged lifestyle, being treated as a locked up princess that knows no familial love. It's sad to see and lonely to feel, but it can't be helped because this is how things have always been like.

This ep has clearly taken a more complex turn, revealing the dilemma that Kaguya has. Even without overthinking about all that was revealed in this ep, all the audience can do is expresses their displeasure to the one who caused all this, namely Kaguya's family and then hoping that one day, Kaguya can reach a point in her life where she has full control of how she wants to do things. And hopefully, that's all thanks to the aid of the person most dear to him, Miyuki...

Although the show with only 1 ep to go has no more time to further tell the audience of this intriguing backstory about Kaguya that has a completely shifted atmosphere, I hope that this is side of the story is at the very least mentioned throughout the chapters in the manga. It holds great promise to make this romcom story that much more realistic and in turn, more likeable.
Jun 24, 2019 6:51 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
SO CLOSE BUT SO FAR @_@, Beginning was really fun with Hayasaka
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jun 26, 2019 1:46 AM

Sep 2014
LMAO! Chisaka with the ramen bit was funny to see

An uneventful summer vacation? Now why does that sound familiar..
..Oh wait! It's basically me lol

So they're gonna cap this series up with a fireworks festival huh? Typical RomCom style ~
Jul 5, 2019 6:31 AM

Jan 2011
Boo, cutting out the breath mints.
Aug 4, 2019 7:35 AM

Aug 2009
dem plot escalated

hayasaka rising high in my ranking

ramen part was great but felt out of place

got all the prerequisites met for grand finale
Sep 26, 2019 7:33 AM

Mar 2015
Hayasaka in a bath towel a definite highlight, but one of many!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 28, 2019 5:54 PM

Jul 2013
Damn this made me crave ramen. I still remember the one I had at Ichiran it was so fucking good. The place was a little cramped but you kinda have your own little room and no one would bother you. I miss that.
Nov 13, 2019 4:56 PM

Oct 2013
This is my favorite episode. All three skits were perfect, just perfect. And all the one-liners!

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Apr 2, 2020 8:28 PM

Mar 2018
Rewatching now in prep for S2, and that ramen segment is absolute comedic gold.

And without any warning the show becomes depressing as hell, it handles tone shifts insanely well.
Apr 7, 2020 5:36 PM

Jun 2013
This episode made me sad!
Apr 8, 2020 12:01 PM
Feb 2008
OMG the ramen was incredible :O it was so random and at the same time it was so beautiful... loved it
Apr 17, 2020 4:46 AM

Jul 2009
I am starting to think that Kaguya is the daughter of a lover, since her dad is so old and he doesn't care about her.
May 11, 2020 9:24 AM

Oct 2013
I appreciate seeing fanservice scenes with Hayasaka. ;))

LOL that ramen eating ritual was hilarious. xD

It's strange that Kaguya is so much not into modern technologies to the level of only being able to check the front page of her regular news site.
AdnashMay 11, 2020 10:12 AM
May 15, 2020 1:15 AM

Mar 2020
SHE ATE GARLIC?! M-MASAKA!

EVERYTHING I KNOW IS A LIE
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
May 25, 2020 11:42 AM

Sep 2018
An episode that repays the disappointing performance of the previous one, thanks to the mix of fun, poignant moments and introspective investigation, I did not believe that this anime series could reach these levels, comparing the beginning of the series with what has been done so far with the episode today. The narration is fully promoted, the part where Chika goes to a Ramen restaurant and the first part are too amusing. The last few minutes after the ending make you think a lot and give a thick cognitive legacy.
May 26, 2020 1:08 PM

Jun 2017
I love that ramen scene! That manager guy was amusing. I didn't know there could be people who'll revere ramen like that!😂😂

Too bad Kaguya and Shirogane weren't able to meet. But that's fine with me! I can always wait for their right moment.

I wish I have an assistant just like Hayasaka.🤗🤗

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
May 31, 2020 2:50 PM

Sep 2014
Shokugeki no Chika
Hayasaka truly best girl, all that delicious fanservice, let the poor girl have a bath dammit Kaguya!!!
Was pretty sad when they missed each other ;-;
Father of the year smh, at least Hayasaka always there for her.
Jun 10, 2020 11:52 AM

Sep 2017
Woah...didn't expect it to become dramatic
خ
Jun 22, 2020 8:55 PM

Jun 2020
Kaguya doesn't understand absolutely anything about the Internet, it was fun, she asked Hayasaka for help even when she was naked.
The part of Chika eating ramen was a lot of fun, and she had no idea what was going on.
This episode was different, as I was homesick that Shinomiya and Shirogane were not together at any time.
Sometimes otakus are rejected by society, so I discovered that it is much better to be an
otaku in secret.
Jun 27, 2020 6:19 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Summer beach full of boing boing from Chika's sisterhood? Oh, shit, thanks! Atleast Hayasaka joined that boing boing too, even in the complete different situation. I couldn't help but laugh with Kaguya lack of internet technology knowledged. Only to feel some anxiousity in the end. Oh well, dont be sad, Kaguya-sama!

The ramen part was indeed another miracle from Chika. Look even she had that ramen button! Miyuki's ranting was understandable. Indeed its same to Kaguya. Fortunately the time for their first festival soon arrived in the great momentum. I just hope they had an amazing time in the last episode. Lets see!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 28, 2020 2:26 AM

Feb 2020
The last part was already sad, but the post-credit scene was even worse... Poor Kaguya, it really explained why she is the way she is but I feel so bad for her... And it is heartbreaking to think about how realistic her psychology and story are on that level.
Also, Hayasaka really grew on me in this episode. Not that I disliked her before, but I didn't have that much interest in her. Here, I could really see how she is the type to look like she doesn't care but is actually the one who cares the most. She was so sweet when she held Kaguya's hand.
Other than that, the two first parts were very fun as usual ! Kaguya's reaction to the captcha was particularly hilarious. "INTERNET IS ALL BROKEN !!!"
And the part with the ramens was priceless, especially at the end with Chika wondering if the guy really gave her a thumb up for eating ramen.
I'm already almost done with the first season... I can't wait to see the festival. Those dorky children deserve to have the most fun ever.
Jun 30, 2020 12:18 AM

May 2020
Crazy to think that I was laughing my ass off from the ramen battle and immediately after I am feeling very emotional towards Miyuki and Kaguya. Mostly Kaguya though :(. Very good anime!
Aug 12, 2020 4:28 AM

Jun 2020
they nailed the drama in this episode, great development for kaguya, that was sad :( also the scene where they missed each other at school was so !!!!!!

they should just text each other alr!!!!! how did they go an entire summer not meeting that would have killed anyone & just put their ego aside if they really liked each other that much

also i feel like no one ever talks about how funny shirogane actually is lol his reaction to writing & deleting the email he wanted to send to kaguya was priceless "AM I A GIRL?!?!?!" lolollll

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Oct 30, 2020 6:24 AM

Apr 2013
Hayasaka really has a tough life, I appreciate her honesty when it comes to Kaguya's father though. Even though she probably would not say that to his face.
Nov 12, 2020 10:02 PM
Nov 2017
Hayasaka best maid.
Nov 13, 2020 6:07 PM

Aug 2020
I think this is the first time they showed a fantasy of Shirogane saying "how cute" rather than Kaguya and it was so funny lmao.

Also them just missing each other at the end made me really sad. :(

Nov 28, 2020 1:12 PM

May 2015
Quite weak episode this time. Only good part was Fujirawa ramen part.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 2, 2021 6:09 PM
Apr 2020
Very good episode, I was in tears when Kaguya was like an old man when using technology. I thought the Ramen scene might've been one of the most intense non action scene in all of anime. And I wanted the president and Kaguya to meet so damn bad, their damn pride... Also the post ending scene was brutal, I feel so damn bad for Kaguya, we saw the family morales before about love, stealing, etc, but that's just messed up
Feb 12, 2021 11:17 PM
Feb 2020
allenjke said:
OMG! Not the feels again! Plz don't cry Kaguya :( But one of the best moments of the manga coming up!
Episode about Hayasaka!!! And some hot stuff =/ Pls Kaguya-san give a little appreciation for all her work!
The directing is superb!!!
Fujiwara's ramen battle ...

Personally, I like the way that Hayasaka reacted to Kaguya's father better in the manga. "Fuck you"
Edit: Actually, nevermind, I prefer the anime version.
Feb 19, 2021 11:24 PM

Jan 2020
That first segment was alright, not hilarious though.
That second one was meh though. Didn't really enjoy it.
The 3rd one was actually great~ Sad they couldn't meet up in the end, really thought they would.
And that last part after the ED was just sad, damn. I'm really glad they included, it was just heartwarming yet depressing ><
Mar 10, 2021 4:49 AM
Jun 2020
pure loneliness only have those kids who have rich parents I think most of the series I realized the same thing but Kaguya and Miyuki scene beautifully animated I quite like it.

now the last episode left I give this series a great comedy, romance anime.
Apr 8, 2021 1:17 PM

May 2017
Didn't like the ramen restaurant part that much, but the rest of the episode was phenomenal.

This anime is so relatable, wholesome, and at times even emotional. Loved the more emotional bits at the end where they both went to the students' council room and barely missed each other. I'm sure that there are people who would have wanted them to meet at that moment but the bittersweet feeling of longing and desperately wanting to see each other made it so much better.

these 2 characters are just great. Love them. Let's see what they got in store for us in the finale
May 21, 2021 9:49 PM
May 2020
the fanservice was pretty good, it left me wanting more tho lol, Hayasaka is just best girl
Jul 21, 2021 11:21 PM

Jul 2009
Fujiwara is so plump!

I feel for Hayasaka. Handling someone like Shinomiya the whole day can be pretty tiring at times.

I also love how this episodes is all about Twitter XD

Fujiwara being a Ramen expert!

We do get a glimpse of Shinomiya's life and how she's pretty much tight controlled by her family. I can understand why she feels restricted as hell.
Sep 12, 2021 1:52 PM

Mar 2019
I expect a lot of drama for the next episode, but damn this was a sad episode :(, poor Kaguya. I can't say I felt for her when she said "I never went out with friends" and everything before and after that because no one really stopped her but then, when she canceled the shopping with Chika only to go there "summoned" by her father and then he doesn't say anything, I did agree with what Hayasaka said which also made her much better in my eyes. That reply was perfect. Still sad that those 2 haven't met at the school, it would have been great.

Now, for the final episode! It was heartwarming when Kaguya said that everything is ok because tomorrow she'll go see the fireworks. I hope it ends on a great note.
Alex_TheForestSep 12, 2021 1:55 PM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Oct 12, 2021 7:31 AM

Jun 2021
I'd laugh at Shirogane and Kaguya not daring to text each other, but that hit too close to home so I don't think I'm in a position to laugh... :")
Dec 26, 2021 6:27 PM

Sep 2015
Honestly, Hayasaka is the best girl of the series, shes very calm, and reasonable.

I just don't understand the attempt for comedy though, in terms of Kaguya having no experience with technology.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jan 24, 2022 9:18 PM
Dec 2020
Lost all interest for this episode from the very begining. I was gonna puke seeing those unrealistic gigantic boobs on a teenage high school girl. The fanservice in this episode lost all my interest and curiosity I used to have for every next episode.
Jan 27, 2022 4:33 AM

Apr 2021
Lol Hayasaka sure has a hard time.....but I do think that other than Chika, she's a really close maid......nah more like a good buddy to Kaguya....that ramen thingy was interesting....the ending tho, kinda had a depressing vibe there.....Anyway I'm looking forward to seeing the finale ^^
Feb 2, 2022 12:14 PM

Aug 2018
Pretty good episode before the final one
Feb 28, 2022 8:57 AM

Oct 2021
Good episode, This episode started with twitter, became ramen battle of chika and then after post-credit scene it ended in a sad manner, it was like mix of many different genres in a single episode.
BTW Shirogane Best Boy!!!
Mar 24, 2022 2:41 PM
Jul 2018
Both Kaguya and Hayasaka's face become the color of Twitter for some reason kekw.
I'm kinda disappointed that Kaguya didn't get banned on twitter for being based.

Best Girl Chika has surpassed womanhood, therefore she has become ra(wo)menity. 👍
Apr 7, 2022 12:53 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I totally forgot about the ramen segment. Man what a work of art. It's 12:35am in the middle of the night and now I need ramen

I enjoy all the fun and games and WAR, but when when it's time to get into the emotional moments, they don't hold back. Ishigami said it best in the previous episode: you really just want at least one chance to make some summer memories before your youth is gone. I wasn't ready to get bombarded with the feels the first time, and I'm still not ready for it again.

We have only a handful of characters here, but they're all ELITE- especially Hayasaka of course, who just doesn't give AF! She performs her job to the best of her ability and will put her life on the line for her lady, but will also proceed to read what is basically the diary of said lady.

And something about her muttering under her breath, "drop dead, ass-hole." just hits hard. She recognizes what is best for Kaguya, who has everything, except a loving family, the thing she needs the most.

As I was re-watching this I was actually thinking of lowering my score for this season from a 9 to an 8. The com part of this rom-com just wasn't as good as I remembered. Most of it is good but there were a couple that didn't land so well (cough cough, weiner segment). But then we got this episode, and even episode 10 as well. These moments are why I love this series so much, and probably why we all do. I'm keeping it at a 9 for sure. Won't leave a discussion post on the next and last episode of this season; just know that I really love this anime.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 18, 2022 4:32 AM
Apr 2022
The man think the ramen like an exam
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » is it just me or do you guys also find fujiwara annoying?

FruitPunchBaka - 6 hours ago

22 by contrastz »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2019

207 by otakuanity »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2019

256 by otakuanity »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2019

199 by otakuanity »»
Yesterday, 12:53 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2019

278 by otakuanity »»
Yesterday, 12:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.