Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 20, 2020 1:59 PM

Jan 2009
tokidoki921 said:
Since I'm an anime only and the episode was kinda rushed I'm confused about the timeline.

When did the student council investigate Ishigami's incident, was it before he even joined the student council?

Yep. The scumbag incident was in his last middle school year. Then, he was suspended until he started his high school year as freshman (and Shirogane - in his second year - picked him up after Kaguya wanted an investigation and Chika helped).

Ishigami entered the school council after that. He did owe them some, too ;)
Jun 20, 2020 2:07 PM
Jun 2016
phantomfandom said:
Well, look like I'll be the first one to say this, but what Ishigami did in his middle school is not justice, it's another violence. Yes, I understand that he was not understand what is the right concept of justice in middle school, and I hope he understand that by now that he can do 'better' for this kind of situation, there's an appropriate action he can take.

And I really appreciate cheerleader club, while council is nice to him the council knows what's really happen, but the cheerleader club doesn't know, and despite club members know only strange rumor of him, they're still nice to him, you just can't find this nice group of people in real life. (Plus, their faces are all hot! both guys and girls, and they're not afraid to crossdress, they're very secure about their gender)

I think a lot of people can agree that violence was not the best way to handle that situation. After the fact Ishigami seems to realizes this, and Shirogane also acknowledges there was probably a better way to handle the situation. It's less about trying to justify the violence and more that Ishigami's heart was in the right place. He was driven by raw emotional rage and like Ishigami said at the time a bloated sense of having to ensure "justice." The violence wasn't the justice here but the fact that Ogino later left Ootomo alone and that despite of a sub-optimal response Ishigami was able to enact some change. A lot more of it had to do with him not writing his letter than the violence itself. At least that's how I interpreted it.
Jun 20, 2020 2:09 PM
Nov 2018
When ishigami sees the actual eyes of the cheerleading club, that was some koe no katachi vibes right there. Powerful stuff. This show Is truly something special
mrixlJun 20, 2020 2:12 PM
Jun 20, 2020 2:11 PM
May 2013
Best episode of the series
Jun 20, 2020 2:11 PM

May 2020
This ep is full of emotion and drama, big feels for Ishigami " Unrecognized Hero " and Shirogane the hero that none of us deserve. Best drama ep so far! Hoping for a season 3 asap!!!
Jun 20, 2020 2:14 PM

Nov 2007
If anyone's interested, Ootomo Kyoko is voiced by Ueda Reina according to the credit roll.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 20, 2020 2:18 PM

Mar 2018
Mentar said:
tokidoki921 said:
Since I'm an anime only and the episode was kinda rushed I'm confused about the timeline.

When did the student council investigate Ishigami's incident, was it before he even joined the student council?

Yep. The scumbag incident was in his last middle school year. Then, he was suspended until he started his high school year as freshman (and Shirogane - in his second year - picked him up after Kaguya wanted an investigation and Chika helped).

Thank you for clearing that up!
Jun 20, 2020 2:19 PM

Oct 2012
I was hesitating to give it a 10, but after this episode I just can't help it.
Jun 20, 2020 2:20 PM

Mar 2016
What a brilliant episode. I was looking forward to this episode the entire season, and they truly delivered, and then some.

11/10! Best episode of Kaguya, hands down!
Jun 20, 2020 2:28 PM

Mar 2016
A was here to laugh, but instead I ended up feeling bad for Ishigami's past, fortunately Miyuki believed in him and took him out of his depression, that's a strong friendship right there. I'm looking forward to see how this series will wrap up.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jun 20, 2020 2:37 PM

Feb 2018
I feel like I say this every couple weeks, but man, that might be the best episode in the series so far, even with almost no comedy.

I can see why Ishigami is so popular among manga readers, aside from the whole him being super relatable to weebs thing (OUR GUY). That flashback scene with him and the president in his room legit had me tearing up.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Jun 20, 2020 2:38 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Ishigami took the spotlight this episode!
The only character with tragic past I saw so far from this series.
Ishigami ganbare!!!

Fuwa_sanJun 20, 2020 6:09 PM
Jun 20, 2020 2:39 PM

Apr 2015
shanimebib said:
If anyone's interested, Ootomo Kyoko is voiced by Ueda Reina according to the credit roll.

Damn, Akane from SSSS Gridman voiced Ootome, that's a sweet surprise.
Jun 20, 2020 2:41 PM

May 2010
Hiki??? What anime is this that Shinomiya cares about Ishigami? Oh I guess thats her way of evening it out when he told Fujiswara off.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 20, 2020 2:43 PM

May 2010
delikara said:
I wanted to see Kaguya's evil face and the VIPs

What chapter is this?
Jun 20, 2020 2:43 PM
Apr 2020
BEST EPISODE! I really like the part where the cheerleading team transitioned from faceless to their actual faces.

The world is indeed cruel. But, if we are surrounded by good people, everything will be fine. You may not know it, but there are people who really care about you.
Jun 20, 2020 2:44 PM
Jun 2017
If the last episode is as good as this, this will be my favorite rom-com anime. Holy shit this episode was deep.
Jun 20, 2020 2:59 PM

Nov 2007
tokidoki921 said:
Mentar said:

The timeline in a bit detailed is like this:

- The incident happens in Ishigami's Middle School Third Year (Final Year)
- Ishigami beats the crap out of Oogino (sometime in September)
- Ishigami was suspended for a month (probably until October)
- Meanwhile he kept on going to school in late hours to have study sessions alone (notice the locker scene is night time when he found it's littered with garbage)
- He was asked to write the letter of reflection at the same time
- And then he couldn't write it anymore as winter came and passed (November-February) and thus he wasn't allowed to return to his class
- All this time, Iino has been confronting the faculty who had him out of school and didn't even want him to graduate from Shuchiin (this is a follow-up on Iino's character who said even those who had illicit relationships in high school should be given a second chance because people should be allowed to be correct themselves after wronging)
- At one point, the Principal of the High School branch of Shuchiin came to know about Ishii's case as he noticed Iino confronting the faculty and took an interest of Ishii's case (Ishii's monologue: I don't know the reason but I was allowed to join the High School).
- Then came March, and graduation was held.
- The new school started in April. Ishigami became a shut-in by then.
- Miyuki became the student council president for the first time (Miyuki's second year in high school - April).
- Ice Kaguya also joined the student council as the VP, so did Fujiwara as the Secretary.
- Ice Kaguya brought Ishii's case to Miyuki's attention.
- Miyuki assigned Fujiwara to investigate and she used her connections to get intel from the current first years (from Ishigami's year); yeah, she may not look it, she is incredibly capable in these things (notice how she allowed the cheerleaders to console Ishii instead of Iino by holding her back, it was not animated but when the crowd of the first year was booing Ishii, she got mixed within during the relay and shouted "Isn't Ishigami Super Quick?!")
- Miyuki connects the dots from Fujiwara's intel and probably upon discussing with Kaguuya, came to the conclusion that Ishii was framed by Oogino (April).
- Miyuki comes to Ishii's rescue (sometime in April)
- Ishii returns to school and then at some point he got invited to join the StuCo by Miyuki as the then treasurer quit (probably around May).

This part is excluded from the adaptation:
- Upon confirming Ishii's case, Kaguya told the findings to Shuchiin VIPs who are students that hold considerable power within the student body of the high school branch. They don't necessarily get along but they don't bat an eye to make the wrongs right. They are so formidable that even Hayasaka is shown to be scared knowing about their involvement in Ishii's case to deal with Oogino. These guys worked behind the scene to make sure Oogino never sets a foot in Shuchiin ever again (Early April as Oogino transferred school).

@Confucius: Chapter 90
shanimebibJun 20, 2020 3:02 PM
Coronavirus.
Jun 20, 2020 3:05 PM

Oct 2013
The way how the creators of this series perfectly showed how those "always hyped up about everything" normies act like, and how this depiction is close to reality (not to say it is actually reality turned into an animation) is worth of words of approval, but at some point it's a little scary, haha. ;D

Good episode with Ishigami's backstory, some emotional moments and fine depiction of something like a bromance between Ishigami and Shirogane.

People have been hyping up Ishigami's backstory for a while, but in the end I think it was only fine, without being spectacular or something. Guy who had some sort of personality disorder (perhaps avoiding personality mixed with some other problems) kinda fell in love, did one dumb thing and turned from being a regular outsider to somebody bullied by his colleagues and disliked institutionally by his school's officials. If you had contact with people who suffered from personality disorders and depression, you will probably understand what I'm talking about. Many of people I met would be thankful as hell if they only were outsiders who weren't tormented by others, like Ishigami was before beating up that guy.

I liked how PTSD was showed. That's how it looks like more or less from medical point of view, when a person has an attack due to experiencing a trigger provoking his/her PTSD's memories to explode. I liked that moment the most to be honest. Not because I was happy to see Ishigami in that condition, of course, but because of how accurately and realistically it was depicted in the anime.

Anyway, this episode was not as good as hypers used to announce it, but I think I know why. Manga readers who are already familiar with chapters that are being adapted had a bigger picture on this arc. I read a post written by @-Stray and indeed the elements that were not adapted would have made this episode way better and more impactful for anime-only viewers like me. But oh well, it was fine anyway, though it's a shame that with several added details it could've been really good, probably the best episode so far among all released up until now (from both seasons).
✨Saint Seiya Club🌠
Jun 20, 2020 3:07 PM

May 2010
shanimebib said:
tokidoki921 said:

- Meanwhile he kept on going to school in late hours to have study sessions alone (notice the locker scene is night time when he found it's littered with garbage)
- And then he couldn't write it anymore as winter came and passed (November-February) and thus he wasn't allowed to return to his class
- All this time, Iino has been confronting the faculty who had him out of school and didn't even want him to graduate from Shuchiin (this is a follow-up on Iino's character who said even those who had illicit relationships in high school should be given a second chance because people should be allowed to be correct themselves after wronging)
- At one point, the Principal of the High School branch of Shuchiin came to know about Ishii's case as he noticed Iino confronting the faculty and took an interest of Ishii's case (Ishii's monologue: I don't know the reason but I was allowed to join the High School).
- Miyuki became the student council president for the first time (Miyuki's second year in high school - April).
- Ice Kaguya also joined the student council as the VP, so did Fujiwara as the Secretary.
- Miyuki assigned Fujiwara to investigate and she used her connections to get intel from the current first years (from Ishigami's year); yeah, she may not look it, she is incredibly capable in these things (notice how she allowed the cheerleaders to console Ishii instead of Iino by holding her back, it was not animated but when the crowd of the first year was booing Ishii, she got mixed within during the relay and shouted "Isn't Ishigami Super Quick?!")
- Miyuki connects the dots from Fujiwara's intel and probably upon discussing with Kaguuya, came to the conclusion that Ishii was framed by Oogino (April).
- Ishii returns to school and then at some point he got invited to join the StuCo by Miyuki as the then treasurer quit (probably around May).

- Upon confirming Ishii's case, Kaguya told the findings to Shuchiin VIPs who are students that hold considerable power within the student body of the high school branch. They don't necessarily get along but they don't bat an eye to make the wrongs right. They are so formidable that even Hayasaka is shown to be scared knowing about their involvement in Ishii's case to deal with Oogino. These guys worked behind the scene to make sure Oogino never sets a foot in Shuchiin ever again (Early April as Oogino transferred school).

So is this episode a faithful adaptation? Any major details missed? For ex, Shuchiin VIPs haven't been introduced yet, were they in manga prior to this?
Jun 20, 2020 3:14 PM

Nov 2007
Confucius said:
shanimebib said:

So is this episode a faithful adaptation? Any major details missed? For ex, Shuchiin VIPs haven't been introduced yet, were they in manga prior to this?

As you can tell, I would say the main things got covered but some things that I wanted to see got left out. That includes Hayasaka being a Mommy's Girl. I am not sure if the VIPs will be revealed this season but quite a few of them are involved later on in the story to some degree. For example: Atenbo Yume and Ryuji Momo. The only one we know in the Shuchiin VIPs is Kashiwagi Nagisa (the cute girl who comes to Kaguya for love advice), yeah, she is there. We cannot judge people on how they look it seems.
Coronavirus.
Jun 20, 2020 3:18 PM

Jul 2016
Yay an episode for Ishigami, glad he got some good character development.
Jun 20, 2020 3:33 PM

Feb 2020
finally!! i'm so happy we got to see ishigami's past animated. ishigami truly is an underrated character and was just known as that 'emo,' kid in s1 so i'm glad he's getting something in s2.

it's nice how the last few chapters also line up with the last few episodes with ishigami and everything hehe

sad that next week will be the last ep but considering how successful the anime and manga is; i'm sure s3 will come in no time just like s2 did (:
Jun 20, 2020 3:38 PM

Oct 2015
What an emotive episode! I'm glad to see Ishigami's backstory, I was hoping for it. He really went through hell after beating up that guy, and no one asked for Ishigami's version of the events.

Shirogane and the student council were really cool there, investigating the incident and discovering the truth behind it and Ishigami's reasons. They really saved Ishigami from going to sink in depression.

For a moment I thought Kyouko was there to apologize to Ishigami because she discovered the truth, but I guess this way is better. It would be had been funny to see Kaguya telling her about what really happened.

How big is the influence of Kaguya? It looks like she could do anything she wanted in the Academy.

10/10 for this episode! I loved it!
Jun 20, 2020 3:39 PM

May 2016
Confucius said:

The anime has been faithful so far, but I'd prefer if you read the manga from chapter 1 because they skipped a lot of chapters (some of them are quite important), cut some parts and change the order of events such as Kaguya helped Ishigami studying in Season 1 when in the manga it happened right after celebrating Shirogane's birthday, hence the mention of Kaguya telling him that she'd repay the debt at the end of episode 2 Season 2.

As for the VIPs, they appeared briefly in Kei introduction episode in Season 1 (chapter 39 in the manga)
eureisJun 20, 2020 3:43 PM
Jun 20, 2020 3:42 PM

Apr 2015
What an insanely powerful episode.. Just wow! 10/10

This episode was an incredible rollercoaster of emotions! Ishigami took such a hard fall to protect the smile of a girl, who doesn't even realize what Ishigami went through to protect her. Eventho his actions were perhaps not the right way to about, his sense of justice didn't fail him, that guy had it coming! Really cool to see that Miyuki was the one who brought some light back into his life going to highschool! Best BRO!

Otomo, the girl in question even decided to come to the sports festival to make Ishigami's life harder, but she highly underestimated the amount of people who actually support Ishigami. His shoutout to Otome who was yelling at him was the best!!

The part where Ishigami looked up at the members of the cheerleading squad and suddenly the faces of those members appear, was very relatable!
Jun 20, 2020 3:48 PM

Jan 2020
Damn, I wasn’t the biggest Ishigami fan before, and was one of the few that thought he was overrated, but this episode sold me. I still like Shirogane more though, so far at least.
Jun 20, 2020 3:51 PM
Jun 2013
This episode was so amazing! When he saw their faces omg feels
Jun 20, 2020 3:56 PM

Aug 2018
I’m not crying.... you’re crying...
Jun 20, 2020 4:03 PM

Nov 2014
the only tiny things i dont really like about this episode is how they changed the translation to "Go to hell, dumbass!" when it was originally "Shut up, moron!" and the way they made Ishigami run looks kinda awkward aside from that everything is purrrrrfect
Jun 20, 2020 4:18 PM

Jan 2019
WOAHHHH!
This episide was really a masterpiece.

The backstory of our best boi, Ishigami was really dark and I love it.

Well I think this show had too many masterpiece episode but is it enough?
Let's see how the final episode will be.

MASTERPIECE/5
Holo no Graffiti is the best anime of all time... peko
Jun 20, 2020 4:29 PM

Mar 2018
GOAAAAATTTTTTTT!!!! 10/10, I have no fucking words...
Jun 20, 2020 4:31 PM

May 2020
Amazing episode! The best episode from season 2 and in my opinion the best episode of the series. They give us the full Ishigami backstory that was fulled with drama and loneliness and the person who took him out of that horrible spot of his life was Shirogane, his best friend. The moment that he wrote "Shut up, morron!" in the apology was so beautiful and emotional. As well the moment Ishigami told Otomo the same thing that was wrote in the apology was the turning moment of the superation of the trauma, as well, as the moment the red team cheerleaders changes from faceless to having a face. The only thing I didn't like was the way that Ishigami ran, but that doesn't make give this ep a lower score than deserved, 10/10.
Le_UsernameJun 20, 2020 4:36 PM
Jun 20, 2020 4:37 PM

Dec 2014
I read an article about "Nova effect" and bassically this episode is example of it.

If ishigami not stopping Oogino, he will never meet Miyuki and entered student council right?

9/10, a good anime imo is the one that know how to tell the story in order, and not just appeared suddenly.
Jun 20, 2020 4:40 PM

Aug 2014
Haha.. already read the manga, I knew what was coming, and even so the feelings hit me hard on this one. Ishigami crying when he's told "you're not crazy" was amazing, props to the VA, perfect delivery. And Shirogane being the fuc*ing MVP as always, he's the underrated king.

My only nitpick was the few scenes cut from the manga, like how the whole student council helped with Ishigami case, with Kaguya spearheading it, and the school VIPs scene. But I guess A-1 did what they could in a single episode, they even cut the intro to get enough time, and since they chose to show everything from Ishigami POV, it works too.

But after all, Kaguya is a masterpiece. Period.
Jun 20, 2020 4:42 PM

Sep 2019
Fun fact: Aka cried when he watched this episode. Can't get any higher praise than that.

https://twitter.com/akasaka_aka/status/1274353399350231040
Jun 20, 2020 4:53 PM

Jun 2016
Ishigami just a struck a chord with me. Poor guy and I hate everyone who dissed him lmao and Shirogane is such a guy πŸ‘ No wonder Ishigami really likes him.
Gift by Mimurona

Jun 20, 2020 4:58 PM

Jul 2019
absolutely the best episode of the series so far (in terms of character developement imo)

𝘚𝘰, 𝘸𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘒𝘯 𝘰𝘢𝘳 𝘡𝘳𝘒𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘴 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘯𝘰𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨, 𝘭𝘦𝘒𝘴𝘡 𝘰𝘧 𝘒𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘨𝘰π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨
Jun 20, 2020 5:17 PM
Mar 2015
Great episode Go to hell dumbass is so appropriate
Jun 20, 2020 5:20 PM

Jun 2020
Ok guys,I dont know if you care(maybe not) but today is my birthday.
This was the best gift I could get.I was fucking crying in some scenes of this episode.What a good episode maybe the best.
Ishigami is a fucking god,when he said:''Shut up,moron''. I was fucking screaming
I had to express what I feel.
10e10000000/10
Jun 20, 2020 5:27 PM

Nov 2007
@JackCountdownt. Ofc I would care if you revealed it!

Happy Birthday!

I wish you many happy returns of this day!

ttcchen said:
the only tiny things i dont really like about this episode is how they changed the translation to "Go to hell, dumbass!" when it was originally "Shut up, moron!"

This was but a choice albeit terrible. However, there are quite a few translation errors in it throughout the entire anime. This episode was not free from it.
shanimebibJun 20, 2020 5:30 PM
Coronavirus.
Jun 20, 2020 5:33 PM
Mar 2018
it was just as the manga made me expect. really the best one so far in terms of drama.
Jun 20, 2020 5:34 PM
Feb 2020
Simplesmente incrível esse episódio, adorei o desenvolvimento de personagem do Ishigami que mesmo depois de sair como culpado e sofrer não expôs toda a situação.
Jun 20, 2020 5:40 PM

Nov 2007
Little mention of the principal:

The manga revealed that this "letter of reflection" was actually read by the principal of the high school branch. :P

Coronavirus.
Jun 20, 2020 5:46 PM

Dec 2018
One thing I didn't understand well: Ishigami got locked in the school all time during his suspension? D:
Jun 20, 2020 5:56 PM
Feb 2017
shanimebib said:

URUSE-E BAKA!!
(Shut it! Moron!!) .[/size]

Wait, that’s what Shirogane wrote? I thought he wrote “Go to hell, dumbass”. At least, that was the translation I got from it. Probably just the translators trying to make the statement have more impact.
Jun 20, 2020 5:58 PM

Nov 2007
Marcos_Aspira said:
One thing I didn't understand well: Ishigami got locked in the school all time during his suspension? D:

No. He locked himself up in his room for days not even letting his parents in.

@BlakexEkalb

Yeah, he wrote うるせぇバーカ
Coronavirus.
Jun 20, 2020 6:00 PM

Feb 2013
joonthepoon said:
Such Koe no Katachi vibes from this episode when he was able to see the faces of everyone in the cheerleading team.

My thoughts exactly
Jun 20, 2020 6:10 PM

Mar 2019
Wow. I have nothing to say other than wow. What an amazing adaptation, A-1 didn't disappoint. Didn't go into this episode expecting feels, but I came out with all of them. 100/10 episode.

Jun 20, 2020 6:12 PM

Apr 2020
After watching this, I wanted to give Ishigami a hug. He suffered so much for nothing in return.

How did Kaguya get Ogino to transfer schools? Did she blackmail him or did she tell important VIPs at the academy of his true colors?
Pages (14) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2020

367 by Temho »»
May 14, 11:44 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

256 by sainazrb »»
May 9, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2020

291 by kayiu102 »»
Feb 25, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - May 23, 2020

304 by ZeStark »»
Feb 21, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 2, 2020

296 by Kier_Reference »»
Jan 31, 7:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.