Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Apr 12, 2020 1:36 AM

Sep 2018
Goddamn, I've missed this show. What a brilliant and hilarious first episode, 10/10.
Apr 12, 2020 1:36 AM

Mar 2020
Great anime. Very entertaining just like last season. What I really hate is that I wanted to see the continuation of last season ending and the anime simply either skip it or start somewhere else
Apr 12, 2020 1:46 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Very fun, I wonder how much they'll adapt this season. They adapt the manga in such a good fashion, keep up the good work
Apr 12, 2020 1:50 AM
Feb 2019
I just hope they adapt the

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenApr 12, 2020 2:15 AM
Apr 12, 2020 1:52 AM

Apr 2018
Love the Chapter they adapted, the board game was insanely funny xD Looking forward to season 2.
Apr 12, 2020 1:53 AM

Mar 2013
Very good first episode, pretty much back to the usual of the first season. Wouldn't have it any other way. I want to see that new character standing next to Ishigami in the OP.
Apr 12, 2020 2:03 AM

Aug 2016
That was a really strong start into the second season. Was great all around. Loved the 2nd 'act' especially.
Apr 12, 2020 2:20 AM
Jun 2017
Thats how you start a series... This is the reason why i love kaguya sama... So entertaining and fun to watch...

My fave part is the advice part of where nirvana will happen, and the board game part... Hahaha...

Love the first episode
Apr 12, 2020 2:43 AM

Aug 2018
I'm in love with this series. The first episode of this season has been amazing, I just hope Season 2 is as good as the first one!
KithosApr 12, 2020 3:14 AM
Apr 12, 2020 3:24 AM

Oct 2007
Great first EP, OP is solid! Wonder if they will pull a Chika ED2 as well...

Talentz

Apr 12, 2020 3:28 AM

Apr 2011
How in the fuck does this season have so many good songs? Damn, what a premier. Will we get another rando rotoscoped ending this season, I wonder.
Apr 12, 2020 3:35 AM

Oct 2018
Once I saw the high score yesterday, I immediately had this strange feeling, there was something unusual.

But I know now! I just checked through the toplist, and I realized there really isn't any anime in this genre(rom-com) even near a score this high

Seems like Kaguya-sama is the first one so far
It's strange seeing a rom-com with such a high score

Even so, sad to see that not many people talk about it. Not even 200 replies in this thread. Is it because this season is exclusively on "Fun"imation only?
-Aincrad-Apr 12, 2020 8:06 AM
Apr 12, 2020 5:55 AM

Aug 2019
Great first episode, missed this anime so much.
Off to yet another ride! The OP and ED themes are amazing, I wonder if they'll give the Chika treatment to this season's ED 2 as well.
Apr 12, 2020 6:48 AM

Oct 2018
Great episode
Overall quality is outstanding
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Apr 12, 2020 6:56 AM
Nov 2016
English version:

Greatest first episode I've seen. I miss Kaguya-Sama anime so much.
Kaguya Shinomiya is come back and one of the best girl! Opening song is great choice in this anime Season 2. So entertaining and fun to watch.

The board game is most likable and wholesome I've seen.

Dutch version/Nederlandse versie:

Beste eerste aflevering die ik heb gezien. Ik mis Kaguya-Sama anime zo erg.
Kaguya Shinomiya is teruggekomen en een van de beste meiden! Het openingsnummer is een geweldige keuze in dit anime-seizoen 2. Zo vermakelijk en leuk om naar te kijken.

Het bordspel is het meest sympathiek en gezond dat ik heb gezien.
Apr 12, 2020 7:19 AM

Feb 2014
After SAO got delayed to July thanks to Covid-19, I was really worried about whether Kaguya-Sama: Love Is War would suffer the same fate.

Thankfully, it didn't, so this first episode of the second season felt extra special. =)

The animation quality from A-1 Pictures is top notch once again, and the amount of funny moments from this episode alone was off the charts. They even threw in a freaking Thomas The Tank Engine reference, too! XD

I think my favourite part of the episode had to be Chika's board game. Kaguya had too many reaction to count that left me laughing out loud or had me wanting to comfort her when she couldn't marry Shirogane in the game.

The new OP song, played for the ED for this episode, sounded super smooth and upbeat. For me, it matches the previous OP, which was already an excellent song in itself.

All in all, my most anticipated Spring show gets off to a flying start. Who know if this season will eclipse the first season, but either way, just as long as it entertains me the same way it's done before, then I can't ask for anything more. =)
Apr 12, 2020 7:38 AM
Mar 2018
This episode can’t be anymore perfect. A-1 did such awesome job. Again with jazz op and that toilet paper scene never ceases to make me laugh
Apr 12, 2020 7:59 AM

May 2015
I wasn't as hyped for this season, the start was ok, I guess. Some jokes weren't as funny but let's see where it goes later on. Hope for some development.
Apr 12, 2020 8:45 AM

Jul 2014
What a brillaint opening episode this was, not just one of my favourite episodes of this entire show so far but one of my favourite episode 1s of all time. Some really good chapters chosen to start us off and the direction as strong as ever. Even having read these chapters in the manga, this episode had me rolling with laughter, and I can't wait to see what other chapters get adapted.

And the OP is an absolute banger once again.
Apr 12, 2020 9:38 AM
Jun 2017
I feel like Shinomiya is out of character a bit. Seems more desperate for love and attention than the first season. I believe the director/producer will emphasise this more throughout this season though. Can’t wait for the next episode XD
Apr 12, 2020 9:54 AM

Oct 2015
I'm glad this series is back! This first episode was funny from start to end, I have been laughing most of time.

The Chika's game was almost done completely by her haha, as she did all the events. And looks like Ishigami found it funny despite being eliminated in the first turn.
Apr 12, 2020 10:40 AM

Sep 2011
Firdaus_Rushdi said:
I feel like Shinomiya is out of character a bit. Seems more desperate for love and attention than the first season. I believe the director/producer will emphasise this more throughout this season though. Can’t wait for the next episode XD
nah shes in character its just the adaption is adapting some older chapters when shes less chill. Thats the one kind of ehh thing about this adaption is shes meant to be alot more calm after fireworks and stuff like her training ishigami was after that too but adapted before.

Thankfully theres really not much left from pre foreworks anyway

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 12, 2020 11:14 AM

Mar 2016
Is it just me or did Chika's voice change very slightly? I know her VA is still the same, but it sounds different from how I remembered it. Well, nevertheless! This first ep is going right into the story pretty quickly, although it starts off with a simple ep. I like how they adapt the scene where the student council members peeked on Nagisa and Nagisa's boyfriend (his name is a spoiler), especially when Yu and Miyuki got pissed off at Tsubasa's show-off ish attitude.

The OP is catchy! And it has the same kinda vibes as Love Dramatic! YES! Although the chorus and jazz are less dramatic, I feel that it's still a great OP! Although I could confidently say the visuals are more vibrant in the first OP. Welp, I love that arrow sequence tho!
ShadowkillZApr 13, 2020 12:12 AM
Apr 12, 2020 12:08 PM
Apr 2019
Ishigami the tank engine
Apr 12, 2020 12:15 PM

Aug 2013
A great way to start the season.

Chika's boardgame was fun and I liked Hasayaka's little intro at the beginning. Let us not forget Ishigami, he is still hilarious.

I totally forgot how cute Kaguya can be. That angelic smile.

Apr 12, 2020 12:19 PM

Jul 2014
Why is Fujiwara using an invisible thread for her invisible Eiffel tower?
Apr 12, 2020 12:39 PM

Oct 2012
Τhe toilet paper is meme for covid19 ? :P
Apr 12, 2020 12:49 PM

Mar 2013
I can't emphasize how much fun it is to see Kaguya's plans getting foiled lol
Apr 12, 2020 1:01 PM

Feb 2008
Hayasaka has some dangerous tools in her disposal... Particularly in combination with her (physical) prowess.

It was nice to see the return of the student council in its entirety. Nothing has changed since we last saw them and that is for the best.

Kaguya was cute and Chika still has a way with words.

I am looking forward to finding out more.
Apr 12, 2020 1:06 PM

Jun 2019
well, first episode... right in point. It was funny just like the last season. Kaguya and Kaichou were lookin' cute once again and what can I say about Chika, she's adorable. Glad it didn't get postponed. Stay home and stay safe and enjoy Kaguya sama.
Apr 12, 2020 1:53 PM

Nov 2007

My Adorable Kaguya is Back!

But considering where we are at the manga right now, the Black Hayasaka was a great way to start the season!

This was a stellar episode. Absolutely stellar. Loved every second of it! They have really captured the greatness of this story in the first episode. And the Opening theme is A-Amazing!

My personal favourite part of the episode was board game adaptation! Cannot wait to see the Table Top Club making more appearances in the future and not just the introduction!

Are we going to see Iino in the next episode pretty please? I love her so much and I cannot wait to see her appear!

I will just overlook FUNi's not so funny translation.

5/5

The game is just starting! Best part of the story is ahead us! Get hyped!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 12, 2020 2:47 PM

May 2017
Choo Choo MF.... *laughing so hard*

what a great episode
Apr 12, 2020 3:32 PM
Mar 2015
Loved Hayasaka guarding the door The game was a hoot
Apr 12, 2020 5:01 PM

May 2014
Great stuff. I had a stupid grin plastered on my face the entire time. Modern comedy anime generally don't make me laugh or even just amuse me nearly as much as older anime, but this show is an exception. Visual effects are superb and the characters are just so expressive! Looking forward to the rest of the season.
Apr 12, 2020 5:11 PM

Nov 2015
I liked the first season. I expect to have as much fun watching the second.

I might be the only one, but I couldn't bring myself to like Ishigami. Something about him... rubs me the wrong way. Hopefully I grow to like him.

I don't know why I'm just realizing this, but the romance aspect between Kaguya and Miyuki is... kind of stupid. Really stupid actually. But it's the only way the concept and it's comedy works. I wonder if it ever gets serious between them.
Apr 12, 2020 5:22 PM

Jul 2017
yawnchawn said:

I might be the only one, but I couldn't bring myself to like Ishigami. Something about him... rubs me the wrong way. Hopefully I grow to like him.

I don't know why I'm just realizing this, but the romance aspect between Kaguya and Miyuki is... kind of stupid. Really stupid actually. But it's the only way the concept and it's comedy works. I wonder if it ever gets serious between them.

No spoilers of course, but I believe you'll be satisfied with this season on both of those fronts.

giorgos1313 said:

Nah, that joke was in the source material years ago. The current circumstances do make it funnier though.

Pedro_Z said:

I hope the next ones maintain their quality and be as good as the first that was one of my favorites animes last year.

As a reader of the manga, I can say that the series continues to go up going forward. Season 2 will blow season 1 out of the water, and that's saying something.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Apr 12, 2020 6:02 PM
Jan 2016
A masterpiece first episode, without doubt, i missed this realy hard, and it is finally back!

Hayasaka introduction was so damn awesome an hilarious!

Chika is also back, with her crazy games!

It was impossible not to laugh in every scene, so damn hilarious!

Kaguya is still cute, and her reaction towards Shirogane's birthday date was so awesome!

Can't wait for more of this!

Apr 12, 2020 6:06 PM
Jun 2019
uninstallthegame said:
nice to see the quality staying the same. love advice and happy life had some funny inserts
overall same solid fun stuff

will they reach the
with this pace?
uninstallthegame said:
nice to see the quality staying the same. love advice and happy life had some funny inserts
overall same solid fun stuff

will they reach the
with this pace?

They may get to
character development, but not further than that
Apr 12, 2020 6:48 PM

Apr 2020
zamandzoe said:
yawnchawn said:

No spoilers of course, but I believe you'll be satisfied with this season on both of those fronts.

giorgos1313 said:

Nah, that joke was in the source material years ago. The current circumstances do make it funnier though.

Pedro_Z said:

I hope the next ones maintain their quality and be as good as the first that was one of my favorites animes last year.

As a reader of the manga, I can say that the series continues to go up going forward. Season 2 will blow season 1 out of the water, and that's saying something.

Awesome! I hope you're right, i really want to recommend this season.
⬇ CLICK IT ⬇

⬆ CLICK IT ⬆
Apr 12, 2020 8:38 PM

Nov 2017
The sogoroku game reminds me of GAMERS! and yet had same ending (the main girls just go rich)
Now Loading.....
Apr 12, 2020 9:58 PM

Jan 2019
finally more love is war

Apr 12, 2020 11:20 PM

May 2019
I'm glad they started it out really strong - I love this series.

Might have to read the manga.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Apr 13, 2020 1:38 AM

Aug 2013
Super happy that this show is back again. And Ishigami still has my heart lol
Apr 13, 2020 1:57 AM

Apr 2018
It's back! More silly scenes with the prez and the gang. Hayasaka is cool. And also, I hope they actually adapt 'that scene' on the rooftop in the anime. I imagine itll look gorgeous
Apr 13, 2020 2:15 AM
Case is closed!

Jan 2019
As always, Kaguya-sama is fun love comedy :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2020 2:45 AM
Aug 2018
I really missed this show, my friends.
The animation quality, as expected, is still amazing.
Voice actors are back to give as the weekly dose of enjoyment we need in our lives.
The only thing that we didn't get enough this time is the absolutely wonderful voice of the Narrator, but still, it's ok we just got started.
Apr 13, 2020 3:46 AM

Mar 2019
A great first episode. I couldn't help but grin like an idiot the whole time. :D
I missed this show sooo much. I'm very happy to see it's back! This is also my first time watching an anime after reading its source material, which makes this a somewhat unique experience to me.
Already can't wait for the next episode. :)
OωO
Apr 13, 2020 6:08 AM

Feb 2018
Loved this episode, specially Game of Life. Op2 is good but I think that the first one was better.
Apr 13, 2020 8:41 AM
Nov 2019
what happened to them being last year and going to college ?
Apr 13, 2020 8:58 AM

Jan 2009
zeidXD said:
what happened to them being last year and going to college ?

No such thing. At this point in time of the anime, Kaguya, Shirogane and Fujiwara are second-years. Ishigami is a freshman.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2020

367 by Temho »»
May 14, 11:44 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

256 by sainazrb »»
May 9, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Jun 20, 2020

665 by aoo-kun »»
Mar 31, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - May 23, 2020

304 by ZeStark »»
Feb 21, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 2, 2020

296 by Kier_Reference »»
Jan 31, 7:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.